• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
HxH 2011 68
hxhr68.jpg
hxhr68a.jpg

This episode was all about dat Hisoka and it looks like next week will be the start of the
DODGEBALL MATCH
and if the boxing match in this episode and the stuff in the preview are anything to go by, it's gonna be absolutely amazing to watch in motion.

Ultimadrago

ibm8MufWZrGHun.JPG
i2fo27erjrEYn.JPG

Mai and Nano Banpresto figures came in and Nichijou Hanafuda cards from the Special edition PSP game.

I might take firehawk's advice for my other Nichijou deck and frame these cards eventually. lol

Windy Tales 8

They even referenced the "Plus One" tease. Nice. It's confirmed that Windy Tales does classroom mysteries the best. It also encapsulates the emotion when one stumble on three stacked albums full of baby pictures that they never knew about.

I liked the silent transitions with text on the screen. The font colors had a sensible contrast as well, with "Blue" for Nao as the friend who consoles and "Red" Miki as the agitated subject. It was simple, cost-effective and amusing in the way better handled, petty puppy love (see: Wandering Son) in anime can be. Between Yuriko and two-thirds of the gang raising the more intimate level of their relationship, it was another good episode!

Windy Tales does earthly (yet slightly otherworldly) life on the level few other anime accomplish and each episode is making me more glad that I started watching it.

DOKI DOKI PRECURE 03

Friendship showing continues.

That's some delicious friendship we got there , gentlemens !

DokiDokiPrecure_03.jpg

Quite good transformation , actually

Those first 3 episodes trully used the time they could to devellop the relationship betwene these 2 characters.

The way she acted defensive with the shop keeper was very well done. The tension was there .

The monster of the week was weak as hell.
It was funny to watch him but nothing else ..the monster was dumb. I guess that's what happen when you take the heart of a society failure.

The kid antagonist shine by his incompetence , excep in bowling it seems. I hope they use someone else next time because i'll become bored quickly.

Still the show continues to be "good" .. off to episode 4 then !

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Windy Tales 7

I let two episodes of this good show pass me by for weekly watch. I cannot forgive myself too easily on this. In any case, another solid episode. It was nice to see Taiki again, as I always enjoy his talks between the younger characters. The dialogue simply works and his reservations on certain topics comes off natural as well, not too overt at all (what I'd expect from other anime).

During the eye catches, I noticed that the cats shown were actually named. Were they always? I only recall the creepy black cat. Afterwards Ryoko raises a good point of the gang training their abilities to the fullest regardless of
expectant uses

I thought the event with the three girls was odd, but they got me with the
dream
. Haha The final scene with the
skyball
was really swell. It's very quiet and quite surreal. It attests to the intelligence of the
wind cats
in that way that only erupts pure awe. A feeling some people may have found while checking up Animal Planet or some other study on animals and the impressive methods they create for survival and adaptation.

This show leaves me with a smile every time.

Good lad.

Little Busters! 21

Ouch my Saturday evening, of all the things to happen. Why :(
She even wouldnt watch in hopes that the launch of rocket would be a success and even her mother on it, but for it to explode even while not watching and achieving her dreams. Its just so hard to see someone be so close to it yet meet death so suddenly and tragically and then to lose like your very own mother in such an event. Hope Naoe and the other members of Little Busters! can lend her much support and such in this time of crises

DOKI DOKI PRECURE 04
I'm regretting to have waited so long ...
Episode was great.

Now for this episode , precure certainly performed a nice deal to change his character structure for cure rosetta ..
Don't get me wrong this certainly is NOT the time when a oujo-sama has a butler in precure shows ( cure aqua comes to my mind ) , but such an organisation to help is certainly something new. Precures never had to think about appearances since everyone was always sleeping , busy or they just forgot so this is a nice way to tackle things since we have a performing idol in the group that seems to do her job. Yes i'm thinking and looking at you cure lemonade!

This isn't the first time either that an heroine refuse the "power" at first , again cure aqua needed 2 episodes to make her decision but refusing because you're badass ? Oh lol ..
DokiDokiPrecure_04_02.jpg

What's with the list ? judo , aikido , karate .. wait wait i'm taking everything back you're great !
DokiDokiPrecure_04_03.jpg

I'm loving you because you seem intresting !

So alice certainly has a intresting background .. and a very loving grandfather it seems ..this has to be expanded in some ways later.

For now everything works fine , from the team chemistry to the very straight forward way the story seems to advance.
Now if you could just remove the bad kid antagonist ... he is freaking useless even if he did make an effort this time.

CONCLUSION
So now after 4 episodes in a row , i think doki doki had a excellent start and they seems to have shaken enough things for things to be intresting ..the setup with the baby we haven't seen yet look like they went back the basis of fresh precure and tried new things , so far so good.

PsionBolt

Doki Doki Precure 01
mina , aka cure heart is a total opposite. she is "dependable", maybe but god damn she is perfect.in just episode 1 she cleared several millestones that other protagonists took episodes or even arcs to accomplish in other series starting with the impressive feat of lecturing the monster of the week.

This character is broken ... i don't even want to imagine a rejection from her because she is friendship incarnate , a total saint. i feel like several steps were missed during the introduction. They better give me an impressive flashback to explain this because otherwise i won't be able to contain my disapointed attitude ATM.
DOKI DOKI PRECURE 02
I'm regretting my days of waiting for this ..

Episode 2 was a very nice follow-up

- The heroine is a good fighter already ... given how she was as a human i'm not even remotely surprised .. She has such a good heart that she unlock her finish move just like that.
-I'm not bothered by the heroine being so broken .. because she wasn't as much in this episode .. this episode showed lots of good frienship scenes and i'm very glad they go for this route ..

Mana is perfect. More people should accept her hacked cyborg perfection!

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Melonpan has a new video (NSFW, contains a grown man in sukumizu, thigh highs, and lab coat for those who are unaware of his greatness). Constantly reminding me that I will never be him.

Gayarou illustration on his laptop. What a weird gentleman... Somehow I get the feeling that he and I would be able to get along (if it weren't for the whole language barrier anyways). It's funny to see how he has some high end sex toys. I also have a selection of high end objects for variety of frustrations. You'll never know when a lady friend is over, and there is suddenly an emergency.

Theonik

Gayarou illustration on his laptop. What a weird gentleman... Somehow I get the feeling that he and I would be able to get along (if it weren't for the whole language barrier anyways). It's funny to see how he has some high end sex toys. I also have a selection of high end objects for variety of frustrations. You'll never know when a lady friend is over, and there is suddenly an emergency.
I see!

Shergal

Hyouka 6 (Rewatch)
And so I finally reach the so-called worst episode of Hyouka. Personally, I think episode 2 deserves that title, but this is really one of the weaker entries. Particularly, the decision to have the characters be sitting in the same room for the complete runtime is not really exciting, as it deprives us from one of the best aspects of Hyouka which is its depiction of various ambiances and places with utmost care. Here, we already know the background, lighting and any props well enough, and adding some letter cookies doesn't help it.

Nevertheless, I think the episode is fairly enjoyable up to the point where they start delving on the mystery of the week. The opener scenes at the classroom are well-crafted, they have other students move and comment on what's going on, and they each have a unique design, so it feels very much like Hyouka. The pen lead-changing sakuga is also welcomed, at least by me.
After that, the conversation they have comes as kind of a breath of fresh air. They finally are talking about casual, not-mystery related stuff! It flows well, Chitanda is particularly well-animated for the sequence and the subject matter is functional to characterization, as it should.
Wp6DjMR.jpg
HTFacIS.jpg

I liked this exchange. It's quite realistic, I think, in how we usually check ourselves out against generalizations or claims about people's traits we read on internet, magazines or wherever.

Mayaka was really mistreating Oreki this time, I guess she was on a bad mood already lol. It's always good if we can see new smug expressions from her.

But yeah, when they start talking about their teacher and stuff the episode kind of goes to shit. I don't have a problem with it being "boring", but the mystery that's supposed to be a vehicle for characterizing Chitanda doesn't fullfill its purpose well, and it ends up being kind of awkward.
She starts asking "Why did I get angry?" which is a retarded question to ask but not a particularly unusual feeling. But after that, this issue gets sidetracked with "Why did the teacher screw up his lesson?"; Mayaka tries to get back into the original subject by questioning Chitanda, but she keeps saying she doesn't know why she got angry at all. Finally, when the mystery is solved, the girl in question lets out a sigh of relief, and this particularly impacts Oreki, who tells us by inner monologue that she probably didn't want to think her anger was justified, and was looking for an understandable reason for what happened. The thing is, Chitanda's unease about her feelings never gets resolved beyond that, and if we accept Oreki's conjecture as the conclusion, it seems silly that she was ever in doubt about "why she got angry" in the first place.

The direction wasn't really anything to speak of; Kazuya Sakamoto can do some good stuff, but I find him to be really inconsistent. The promising Taiichi Ogawa will later handle a similar episode (19) much better and make it more entertaining to watch with good storyboarding alone.
As for the animation, I've never paid much attention to Hiroyuki Takahashi's style, but it doesn't particularly strike me as noteworthy. It's very standard and "boring" to look at, compared to the prominent Kyoani sakkans who have more character in their drawings and expressions. I did like the mini chitandael part a lot though, so props for that.

wonzo

Banned
Considering the price, those are probably super small. Like, cellphone strap level.
"ANIMATE has unveiled a line of "Kumamate" 14-centimeter teddy bears, selling in black and white varieties for 735 yen. A line of anime based attire for the bears will be going on sale this month with Durarara!!, Hetalia, and Detective Conan selling for 840 yen starting October 27 and Inazuma Eleven and Inazuma Eleven GO hitting in November."​

teddyduratalia.jpg

teddyconan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom