• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

From the New World 22

So.....much.......slow.......setup. Seriously, this is another one of those SSY episodes that fails because it's almost entirely exposition and setup for what's to come. It makes it feel like there's nothing happening even if it's clearly the beginning of some insane stuff. This episode also is continuing the trend of giving you the bare minimum of information necessary. They're still trying to keep the show's mystery going. That's partly OK, but they need to start doling out info soon or they're going to either leave a lot unexplained or will have to resort to a giant infodump right at the end.

Onto the good, we finally have a clear endgame. There's now a good sense of what everyone's strategies to
end the rebellion
are, but it seems like they aren't well thought out. Out of desperation, the humans are going to
use a method they don't truly understand
. I get they have few options, but this seems super dangerous.
Using a contagious disease to take out the fiend will inevitably backfire. They clearly have no way of controlling it's spread. I don't doubt this is going to end with the death of many of the remaining humans from this illness as well
. While I'm not a huge fan of this direction, there are plenty of worse ways they could wrap things up and clearly there's going to be more to it. Also, it was nice to see the world outside of the village and the episode looked decent, so it's nowhere near as bad as the lowest points of the series.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Now I always hear that its the best by a landslide, but I'd like to know why. Does it have an amazing story? Are the characters as memorable as the ones from Sailor Moon? What is it?

For me, the characters in HeartCatch actually develop in a natural, realistic way. Tsubomi is the prime example of this, evolving from a timid, introverted girl into a dependable, strong individual that is required for those in the leader position. I can't go into detail too much as the moment that really defined her change doesn't take place until late in the series, but the exchange between her and Yuri was so powerful that it takes you aback just seeing how far she has come since the first episode. The same thing can be said for the other girls as well. Whether its learning how to accept one's self, embracing their gender, or placing trust in others, all 4 girls from HeartCatch have these unique, beautiful milestones that they overcome through friendship and unity.

I would go into a lengthier discussion of this but I'm on my mobile phone at the moment. :lol

duckroll

I'm not sure how passing the misery onto someone else is much better.

I remember a codec conversation in Metal Gear Rising where Courtney was talking about how she was content to be part of the 1%, but then she realized that America was just passing on the misery of jobs no one wants to do by outsourcing them to third world countries under the pretense of improving society. Seemed kinda self-aware! :)

It seems that us vividred fans ( are they here ?? ) can expect a lot of nicely done fanservice focused episode next time if the preview for ep 9 is any indication

d5HWzUw.jpg

cajunator

Banned
For me, the characters in HeartCatch actually develop in a natural, realistic way. Tsubomi is the prime example of this, evolving from a timid, introverted girl into a dependable, strong individual that is required for those in the leader position. I can't go into detail too much as the moment that really defined her change doesn't take place until late in the series, but the exchange between her and Yuri was so powerful that it takes you aback just seeing how far she has come since the first episode. The same thing can be said for the other girls as well. Whether its learning how to accept one's self, embracing their gender, or placing trust in others, all 4 girls from HeartCatch have these unique, beautiful milestones that they overcome through friendship and unity.

I would go into a lengthier discussion of this but I'm on my mobile phone at the moment. :lol

Well that sounds pretty good. Regulus likes it a ton and I trust his judgement.

Steroyd

Jojo - 21

So... does this make Lisa Lisa
a loli?

This gun be good.

Chihayafuru S2 - 08

RGaWUmA.jpg

Never thought I'd use the black muscles joke for Karuta.

Very interested in how the relationship dynamic will be in the next episode.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Chihayafuru teaches a valuable lesson to every Wapanese person out there. Maybe it wouldn't be so great if you were born Japanese.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 08

Hi, we blew our budget on that airborne fight scene.

Besides the lovely scenes of scenery, definitely did like the crazy plot this is becoming. I was disappointed that we didn't get the whole get Amaterasu out of the cave adaptation.

jbug617

Banned
Majikoi Rewatch

You know what surprise me was that there was no beach episode. Also Miyako has to be one of the most aggressive girls in a harem anime I ever seen. The fights were good and the sexual innuendo going on throughout the series wasn't bad. The festival candy scene is memorable.

Also Sentai also put in a little work on the bluray and added in 12 shorts. I didn't watch them all but seems okay.

Majikoi Rewatch

You know what surprise me was that there was no beach episode. Also Miyako has to be one of the most aggressive girls in a harem anime I ever seen. The fights were good and the sexual innuendo going on throughout the series wasn't bad. The festival candy scene is memorable.

Also Sentai also put in a little work on the bluray and added in 12 shorts. I didn't watch them all but seems okay.

Only because the anime is a original special story that bridge 2 games together in badly paced arcs ..
The beach episode was featured in the Vns.

KiN0

Does anyone know where I can find the OST for Zetsuen no tempest? It was supposed to release on the 27th but I there is just no sign of it anywhere.

The OVA just came out. It was about Kuroko and the Generation of Miracles when they were on the same team together.

Rumors are that it is either in April or the Winter.

Don't think season two will be in April otherwise we would have heard more about it by now. Earliest would be summer at this point.

jbug617

Banned
Don't think season two will be in April otherwise we would have heard more about it by now. Earliest would be summer at this point.

I think Winter would make the most sense to tie it with the Winter Cup. At the same time I don't know how much Season 2 is going to cover. Where they left off in the anime there is training and Winter Cup quals to go through.

Syrinx

Cowboy Bebop 23

Probably one of my favorite episodes so far. Goddamn Ein is so awesome. I'm thinking about switching back to my Ein avatar now. He was all, "Bitch, give me that damn thing, and I'll show you how this hacking shit is done."

The Scratch guy's conversation with Spike at the end was one of the best scenes in the series.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm glad everyone is finally able to see Wolf Children now. It's seriously one of the best anime films I've ever seen on-par with the classics like Millenium Actress, Only Yesterday, Kiki's Delivery Service etc.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Majikoi Rewatch

Why did I play the VN of this? :lol

Reknoc

Girls und Panzer 3-4

It's interesting to learn that in this near future (alternative present?) that all schools are now on boats. Probably after countries got sick of youths loitering around and decided the world would be a much better place if all children were sent to live on aircraft carriers in the middle of the ocean. I agree that this is probably a better future.

Also that people are insured against tank attacks.

FYC

Banned
Uh oh. I watched the first episode of Gravitation dubbed. It's not a promising start.

The publisher hasn't uploaded the subbed version to their channel though, I'd have to buy the(rather expensive) DVD set. Bah.

Can someone who's watched the subbed version tell me if it's a lot better than this?

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 4

Aw, I wish Mayu would join Pretty Cure. She was adorable. '

Nice job ruining that sculpture, Nagisa. Now a work of art from a long-gone era now looks like a chick scratching her ass. Again, good job. The art aficionados seemed fond of it, though. So...everybody wins, I guess?

Wish the fight scene took more advantage of the "paintings coming to life" thing. Other than that though, pretty good episode.

Pet Girl of Sakurasou 20
tumblr_mit1zfwJE21r1mi29o1_500.gif

I assume that this is the final arc, which is a nice path to take us on as the anime winds down. One final event to unite all the residents together under one goal as they prepare to graduate two of them. I just hope it didnt take so much time from Kanda-kun that he wont be able to have his materials together for his game presentation. Though at least did give tons of great time with Ryuunosuke.

Prime Number is fantastic ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom