• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
buy a Kindle
Why bother with one of those when you can get this and read on a tiny screen?
QxiaO9W.jpg

wonzo

Banned
Windy Tales 9

windy9.jpg

As someone who grew up with a motorcycle obsessed dad who would go through this never ending cycle of buying a bike only to sell it a few months later, I can confirm they completely nailed the incredibly excited husband trying to convince the very annoyed wife that buying a new bike was totally the right thing to do. It all works out though when
the dad finally takes the mum out on a ride with him, convincing her they actually are pretty fun to ride. Hell, she's so convinced she decided to get a license of her own because her husband couldn't ride one worth a damn!
It helps that bikes are pretty damn fun to ride and they did a great job of conveying just that.

I hear the new villain is a loli.
welp

I have a copy of excerpted Koizora translated by higher-level Japanese students in a college class I took, and it sucks, regardless of whatever translation issues there are. The story is just this ridiculous litany of suffering and terrible soap-opera drama. And all this misfortune and pain is weirdly fetishized as being what it means to live and to love. I can't believe this was a bestseller.

Here's an exerpt. To set it up, the narrator and protagonist, Mika, is being harrassed via text message by Saki, the jealous ex-girfriend of the protagonist's current boyfriend, Hiro. Saki had already set some guys up to rape Mika. Hiro later found them and... kicked them in the head after making them apologize. I guess cops don't exist in this world.

Anyway...

This whole section is unabridged.

Two million people bought this book.
jesus christ

zeroshiki

I have a copy of excerpted Koizora translated by higher-level Japanese students in a college class I took, and it sucks, regardless of whatever translation issues there are. The story is just this ridiculous litany of suffering and terrible soap-opera drama. And all this misfortune and pain is weirdly fetishized as being what it means to live and to love. I can't believe this was a bestseller.

Here's an exerpt. To set it up, the narrator and protagonist, Mika, is being harrassed via text message by Saki, the jealous ex-girfriend of the protagonist's current boyfriend, Hiro. Saki had already set some guys up to rape Mika. Hiro later found them and... kicked them in the head after making them apologize. I guess cops don't exist in this world.

Anyway...

This whole section is unabridged.

Two million people bought this book.

tumblr_m4yzgo68vW1r2pjci.jpg

Theonik

yall sick I swear. god damn. only my gf thinks that.
フフフ
But animeGAF is already your waifu.

Well, if you're actually receptive of show suggestions, you should also watch the Bungaku Shoujo movie :p Its a great light novel series and the movie is not bad.
I just added it on my infinite backlog. Will post impressions here when and If I watch. What about OVAs?

I wish the children novels I read were as explicit as something like Highschool DxD.
Sounds like you read the wrong children novels.

duckroll should consider including sama into his new English, sama.
Ducklish should become the official language of AnimeGAF.
Coining that now.

Not reading books shouldn't be some kind of badge of honor, guys. It should be met with sheepishness and some kind of vague promise to work on reading more.
Something something this video

So is her writing better you reckon?

A+

zeroshiki

I just added it on my infinite backlog. Will post impressions here when and If I watch. What about OVAs?

You should watch them all, really, but if you have to choose the movie is the only standalone one out of them. Watch the movie first then the OVAs.

wonzo

Banned
Polar Bear's Cafe 47

polarbear47.jpg

Finally, the Penguinger & Yama Arashi crossover we've all been waiting for. To think the Evil Emperor Penguins wanted to enslave the world with rakugo... how insidious.

Theonik

OreImo (rewatch) - 14

Something that always confused me about this episode: how the hell do you get critical errors in a visual novel? I mean, I'm not a programming grand wizard or something, but standard visual novels don't seem like exceptionally complicated pieces of software to write. In terms of game development difficulty, I'd wager it being near the bottom.
In pre-vista Windows it was possible to kill the kernel by crashing the audio.

Kagami

Vividchet Operation 04
A thing that bothered me though, doctor Ishiiki was surprised at her figuring out docking so fast but we had a new Vivid user last episode and they figured it out in the same timeframe but he thought it was normal? What gives!

It came off rather silly since the difference appeared negligible in practical terms, but the others had to read the pop-up tutorial screens to know what to do, whereas Himawari was already ready and waiting at the point they even started to suggest it.

Haganai NEXT 8
When I rewatched it, during the beginning part I think that's what
Rika was going to say, or at least that's what Kodaka thinks she was going to say. They got all fired up about making friends and she just sighed, like it was so obvious.

Yeah I assume the same.

zeroshiki

More bad news for AKB0048 fans. The member who plays Kanzaki Suzuko, Hata Sawako has announced that she's graduating at the end of March to pursue her dream of... yup, you guessed it, to become a seiyuu.

Kagami

Onegai sensei is a stupid show but still miles better than onegai twins .

Twins was pretty meh overall, but the protagonist was better than Teacher.

I kind of liked Onegai Twins. Mainly the fact that
the related-ness of the characters changes depending on the medium
. More "who is imouto"-style shows should do that.

I'm still convinced that
Mike's father cheated with his neighbor and in fact both girls are related to Mike.

That's Koneko, also known as best girl.
Actually she is the best girl yet.

There are serious contenders for "best girl" in the LN that will tingle cajunator sense of cute into unknow territory.

LNs for this show are just fun to read

Still laughing at the Oppai dragon song and i know about it since ages...
Hay guyz wat da feelz bout Heartcatch Director takin' ov'r ya omegaz?

This is enough to get my hopes up

Twins was pretty meh overall, but the protagonist was better than Teacher.
Yeah but teacher had better comedy and a better ending IMO
I'm still convinced that
Mike's father cheated with his neighbor and in fact both girls are related to Mike.

I reached the same conclusion :)

sonicmj1

Windy Tales 9

Watching this episode, I wound up thinking about my own mother. She truly hates motorcycles. She thinks they're deathtraps. One of her best friends is a doctor, and she has heard more than enough stories about motorcycle accidents coming into the ER to know how dangerous they are. If I were to get a motorcycle (heck, if I were to ride a motorcycle), she'd probably disown me.

i0JSnU8ksfjzG.jpg

Fujiko shadiiiing!
Seriously, this is one episode where the show's attention to wind detail pays off nicely.

I know how dangerous bikes are, but I do find them somewhat fascinating, for the same reasons that Nao does. I can imagine the feeling of being completely exposed to the wind, going at highway speeds, would be incredibly exhilarating. But I'll never do it, because I have responsibilities to my family, and myself.

i7sy5IWHLny9j.jpg

I like how they developed the father through his dialogue. Just by how he goes about asking questions, you can tell how intellectual he generally is. And learning about Nao's father also tells us stuff about her. It's good writing.

That's sort of what this episode is about too, tying into larger themes about aging that have run through the entire show. When you're an adult, you can theoretically do whatever you want. But the older you get, the more entrenched you get, the more other responsibilities limit that freedom, until you're buying a motorcycle just to feel alive and capable again.

I liked how the end played out. It was cute.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
All this fourtyeighters leaving. Finally there's a space for me! My long life dream may come true!

Some airing information:
Majestic Prince - 4/4 22:30 Tokyo MX - New slot
Photo Kano - 4/4 25:55 TBS - Taking over Haganai NEXT
Attack on Titan - 4/6 Late Night MBS - No exact time yet, Anime Shower slot (26:00 to 28:00)
Gargantia - 4/7 22:00 Tokyo MX - Taking over Lovelive!

Bonus:
Railgun S - 4/12 24:30 Tokyo MX - Taking over Jojo, which means Jojo 26 can air on 4/5
Now if crunchyroll could start announcing what its grabbing...no valvrave date?

Theonik

It came off rather silly since the difference appeared negligible in practical terms, but the others had to read the pop-up tutorial screens to know what to do, whereas Himawari was already ready and waiting at the point they even started to suggest it.
It's just all very silly, I get what they were trying to portray it basically boils down to "Hey look she's the smart one" but they sorta already established that with previous silly antics that made a bit more sense in context. Not like I expect anything else from Vividred mind you.

Defuser

Gintama' ep 262

QGRMWoX.jpg

How the fuck he did manage to rest the beam on his shoulder?

After a month of reruns again, we're back for a new arc which is a Star Wars parody which is looking better already since the real shit is starting near the end of the episode.

Narag

Reading has been endowing people with the ability to be snooty to others since the middle ages. By god, I won't sit back and let it stop now.

It occurred to me maybe this cavalier attitude is why the cell phone novel market works!

I've read enough fanfiction.net stories and self published book teardowns to last me ten lifetimes. What I need is something even worse than the above.

Guess I'd be remiss if I didn't bring this behemoth to your attention. Is it good? Is it bad? I cannot say as I don't trust the fandom's opinions on it.

Weighing in at 607282 words, it's longer than Atlas Shrugged or War & Peace.

wonzo

Banned
Guess I'd be remiss if I didn't bring this behemoth to your attention. Is it good? Is it bad? I cannot say as I don't trust the fandom's opinions on it.

570XwSVl.jpg

Weighing in at 607282 words, it's longer than Atlas Shrugged or War & Peace.
Welp, it was nice knowin y'all.

suicidebadactor.gif

Are there pictures of these girls from the LN?

There are but they are NSFW or very spoilery ..so i dunno if i should post them here. Wanna Pm ?
Let's just say that you have something for every taste in this.

As i was typing this msg i found a picture of ophis i can post without getting banned .

Let's say that you have Ophis, here in cover

And since you like Koneko , here is her older sister , kuroka ( Link might be NSFW ).

There are other nice characters but very hard to either find a picture of them , or a picture of them i can post since they illustrate only some moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom