• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

This is something I wanted to try for a while, and I don't know how it will work out, but here goes.

I thought it might be neat to take a sort of "State of the AnimeGAF" survey of sorts, anonymously, just to get some data on what kinds of people are posting here and what they think of the thread; it's mostly statistical questions with a couple open-answer things. Shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

I've put the link in email tags in this post (sorry lurkers), so just quote it to see. Hopefully there will be a semi-decent response so there's something to discuss afterwards. I'll probably repost the link a few more times later today to make sure all time zones have a chance to see it, then check up on the results in a few days.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
lol, this one says "Stop buying the same CD multiple times"

Yeah, apparently there are events where if you buy a AKB48 CD you can shake the hands of the members, so hardcore fans buy the same CD several times over so they can prolong that. Craziness.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This is something I wanted to try for a while, and I don't know how it will work out, but here goes.

I thought it might be neat to take a sort of "State of the AnimeGAF" survey of sorts, anonymously, just to get some data on what kinds of people are posting here and what they think of the thread; it's mostly statistical questions with a couple open-answer things. Shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

I've put the link in email tags in this post (sorry lurkers), so just quote it to see. Hopefully there will be a semi-decent response so there's something to discuss afterwards. I'll probably repost the link a few more times later today to make sure all time zones have a chance to see it, then check up on the results in a few days.

I expect great things from this.

Why not ? this might be fun .

No way! Sadist onee-san is by far the best girl.
I honnestly can't choose..They are all great in so many ways.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My prediction:

Articalys said:
And as a result of my survey I can only come to one conclusion. AnimeGAF is just filled with a bunch of jerks who won't fill in a survey seriously.

stn

Wondering if there are any other recommendations for anime with:

-Modern setting (prefer it not to be sci-fi)
-Action
-Very mature

I've enjoyed Golgo 13, Ghost In The Shell, and Street Fighter. Any other ideas? Thanks!

trejo

-Action
-Very mature

I've enjoyed Golgo 13, Ghost In The Shell, and Street Fighter. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Try Black Lagoon and maybe Jormungand.

zeroshiki

I expect great things from this.

I already complained about Regulus having terrible taste in anime. Watch out for the results!

Usobuko

Banned

-Action
-Very mature

I don't usually associate maturity with action heavy shows. There are some exceptions to this, like Ghost in The Shell, but that mostly has to do with the premise of the story. Also, I find it difficulty to recommend quality shows that hit all 3 criteria you have stated.

Seirei no Moribito - Historical fantasy setting, action's sequences and animation are great but that's not its main focus. It tries to tell a story featuring a 30 years old female heroine.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Spanning 110 episodes and widely considered as the pinnacle of anime. Do not worried about the setting, many sci-fi shows in anime are not sci-fi in theme, but in aesthetics. Political focused. Very heavy in dialogues, and essentially about Democracy vs. Autocracy, War and Peace.

Monster - Cat-and-mouse thriller. If you are ever interested in the antagonist archetype of Hannibel Lecter, a pure psychopath, this has the most faithful rendition in anime/manga.

Chronoexe

Actually she is the best girl yet.

There are serious contenders for "best girl" in the LN that will tingle cajunator sense of cute into unknow territory.

LNs for this show are just fun to read

Still laughing at the Oppai dragon song and i know about it since ages...

CLICK-CLICK ZOOM-ZOOM IYAAAN

Still waiting for second season to hear the song.

No way! Sadist onee-san is by far the best girl.

Yes Akeno-san is best girl

fertygo

Gintama 262

This arc shaping up to be more epic than the last one lol

Btw its just me or that Obi-one also referencing a lot to Edward Elric.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
For some reason I thought it was restricted to Smile characters.

But yeah in that case, Marine or Sunshine.

Speaking of Precure, I'm two episodes behind now on DokiDoki.
But March is not the best Smile Cure either. She doesn't even get any good sakuga apart from that hair flip!
I already complained about Regulus having terrible taste in anime. Watch out for the results!
Who are you, again?
You wound me, zeroshiki-sama. :'(

fertygo

Durarara had a mighty good story and good op and ed. Plus it was actually easy to follow, Baccano's plot was difficult and the storytelling style was pretty not good for anime.

But that's why people love it.

I love DRRR!! too, but the pace are too slow. Its shouldn't take 24 episode to adapt 2 volume of LN. Most anime adapt 4-8 vol for same amount of episode, its very drawn out.

Why Aniplex not ordering S2 anyway, the spoiler of later volume sounds amazing.

Articalys

Wow, that was fast -- the new Shinkai film The Garden of Words, even though it opens in theaters on May 31, already has the BD (with English subtitles!) solicited for late June, and a running time of only 46 minutes. It's practically a direct-to-video movie.

Polar Bear Cafe - 47

South Pole Squad Penguinger X Yama Arashi !!!
I was wondering one of these says why I knew so much about coffe being a tea lover...
Masaki almost there.
Did we really need another new ENDING?!!

Famous last words. Next you'll be talking sbout sad pandas.
I guess i'm deep enough ..since i think i understood that reference.

CLICK-CLICK ZOOM-ZOOM IYAAAN

Still waiting for second season to hear the song.
They must make a release audio disc for this song ..

Yes Akeno-san is best girl
Hum akeno is awesome but so is rias .. not to mention kuroka ..

And a similar argument could be made for the whole church trio.

So hard to choose .. i really can't.

Naruto Shippuden 303
tumblr_mjassteaM71qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mjassteaM71qbxqfpo2_500.png

It was tough trying to decide between laughing at what they did to go to filler for this arc or actually being impressed with how creative it is. At least they are giving us quite a bit of Kiba, Shikamaru, Choji, Neji screentime.

duckroll

Psycho-snooze - Episode 20

Lolz + zzzzzz = ?

Only 2 more episode left. The sooner it ends, the better. Hope there are lots of explosions soon, because the talking isn't doing anything for me.

Chronoexe

I guess i'm deep enough ..since i think i understood that reference.

They must make a release audio disc for this song ..

Hum akeno is awesome but so is rias .. not to mention kuroka ..

And a similar argument could be made for the whole church trio.

So hard to choose .. i really can't.

I forgot the church trio Irina HNNGGGGGG, stupid LN it only make my imagination fly.

It will be a painful choice, I envy Issei he only have to choose the order of his girls.

But March is not the best Smile Cure either. She doesn't even get any good sakuga apart from that hair flip!

Wait what?

that's blasphemy

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Mondaiji 8

Guess I forgot about this last week or something. Anyway, uh...nice to see the real villains, finally. Though it's looking like with only two episodes + one OVA episode left, we're not going to get much in the way of answers to most of the questions that have been hanging around since the first episode. It's really weird. This seems like a show that would merit 26 episodes. That we're only getting 10 + 1 is really strange.

Articalys

Sounds like the next visual novel to get an TV anime adaptation is Grisaia no Kajitsu.

This was in the works for a while, it seems.
ANN said:
Ryūichirō Yamakawa, the president of the adult game maker Frontwing, reports on his Twitter account on Thursday that plans are in the works for an anime adaptation of his company's Grisaia no Kajitsu (Le Fruit de La Grisaia) game. However, the game itself is not slated to ship until January 28, 2011. The game is set in an academy that is a "paradise" for girls, except for the sole boy inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom