• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

And yet Hyouka still isn't licensed.

iDaJUlt7kX8iY.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume Tamako happened because they got the streaming rights as well.

Hyouka is like Nichijou, a catalog show that probably doesn't interest Funimation, is too mainstream for Nozomi, and maybe too expensive for Sentai.

Articalys

Hyouka is like Nichijou, a catalog show that probably doesn't interest Funimation, is too mainstream for Nozomi, and maybe too expensive for Sentai.
DO IT NISA

YOU CAN EVEN STYLE THE ARTBOOK AFTER THE IN-SHOW "HYOUKA" ANTHOLOGY ITSELF, IT'S TOO EASY

firehawk12

Subete no aware
DO IT NISA

YOU CAN EVEN USE THE COVER OF THE HYOUKA ANTHOLOGY FOR THE ARTBOOK COVER, IT'S TOO EASY

You know, I have no idea what works for NISA these days. But you're right, they are basically the one company poised to do a Hyouka release. They can a) charge 120 for the series and justify it with an art book and b) don't need to license the newest releases.

BluWacky

Six months since the show finished airing and it's "catalogue" now? Wow, we have short attention spans as anime fans :p

Articalys

And here's the English source corroboration.
The April issue of Kadokawa Group Publishing's COMPTIQ magazine is announcing on Saturday that the anime adaptation of Frontwing's adult PC game Le Fruit de La Grisaia (Grisaia no Kajitsu) has been green-lit. The game is set in an academy that is a cloistered "orchard" for girls to be educated and cultivated away from external influences. Five girls spend their lives within these walls in repentance and atonement. Yūji Kazami has just enrolled as the sole male student there.

The game shipped in Japan on February 25, 2011 with character designs by Akio Watanabe (Bakemonogatari, The World God Only Knows) and Fumio (Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~, Hoshiuta). Nachi Kio, Ryūta Fujisaki, Yoshigazu Kuwashima, and Kazuya wrote the scenarios, and Elements Garden (Bodacious Space Pirates, Love, Election & Chocolate, Senki Zesshō Symphogear) scored the music.

Frontwing President Ryūichirō Yamakawa had said in 2010 — four months before the game's release — that plans were in the works for an anime.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Psycho-Pass 20

So much talking. The latter half supremely better than the beginning though. This show has a knack of just repeating the same shit over and over again. It's annoying. However it's nice that we get to see Akane's development yet it feels pointless considering how late into the series it is. Meh. Also they couldn't really lay it on thicker what Akane really is. I mean.... come on people.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Six months since the show finished airing and it's "catalogue" now? Wow, we have short attention spans as anime fans :p

That just seems to be how it is I think. If it's not picked up for streaming, it's most likely not going to be released unless it is miraculously popular or cheap.

Articalys

This reminds me that NISA actually has yet to announce anything further for Daily Lives of High School Boys since acquiring it in January 2012. Apparently they were asked about it at a convention in July, but could only say "now is not the right time to announce it, so please wait for announcement."

DiGiKerot

AlltheAnime revealed Januarys best sellers in the UK on their blog. No numbers this time, though they mention that you only need to shift a hundred copies to break into the "new releases" chart.

Kind of curious to see the sales charts dominated by catalogue titles, particularly in contrast to Japan.

DO IT NISA

YOU CAN EVEN STYLE THE ARTBOOK AFTER THE IN-SHOW "HYOUKA" ANTHOLOGY ITSELF, IT'S TOO EASY

Since Nichijou was brought up, I want to see them get that well. I already like NISA but I would love them forever for this. I was super impressed with the quality of the Denpa Onna collection, so I would trust them to do an excellent job.

AlltheAnime revealed Januarys best sellers in the UK on their blog. No numbers this time, though they mention that you only need to shift a hundred copies to break into the "new releases" chart.

Kind of curious to see the sales charts dominated by catalogue titles, particularly in contrast to Japan.
Wow didnt know UK liked bleach that much too, I wonder what shall happen once bleach and Naruto shippuden end for the western anime landscape. Will they stick around like Dragonball z.

DiGiKerot

Wow didnt know UK liked bleach that much too, I wonder what shall happen once bleach and Naruto shippuden end for the western anime landscape. Will they stick around like Dragonball z.

Bleach, at least, isn't likely to in the UK - it hasn't had anywhere near the mainstream exposure that Dragonball has, and unlike the US, hasn't been ran on television here at all.

I think the "New Products" chart is probably a little deceptive in terms of quantities actually sold, and that separation between Dragonball and Bleach in the "All Products" chart is probably far more telling - Dragonball sold a crap-ton more than Bleach.

I'll be curious to see how One Piece actually does when they finally start releasing that over here in a few months.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This reminds me that NISA actually has yet to announce anything further for Daily Lives of High School Boys since acquiring it in January 2012. Apparently they were asked about it at a convention in July, but could only say "now is not the right time to announce it, so please wait for announcement."

Constrained by the reverse importation boogeyman, undoubtedly.

Articalys

Speaking of the reverse importation boogeyman:
@ultimatemegax said:
So, here's how Kadokawa is attacking reverse importation via the [Sora no Otoshimono (Heaven's Lost Property)] movie BD. If you play the movie in a BD player set to "Japan", you cannot listen to a track other than the English audio track. This is not selectable via menu changes (no idea if remote works). However, if a JP fan sets their PS3 (or other BD player) to "United States", the JP audio option re-appears. Hilarious.
(source tweets 1, 2, 3)

Bear in mind that the time difference between the JP and NA Blu-ray releases is almost exactly one year. Extreme paranoia much?

DiGiKerot

For the benefit of London-AniGaf, RE:Cyborg009 is on at the BFI on the 4th of April - a bloody Thursday, meaning that there's very little chance that I'd actually be able to make it.

Kamiyama is going to be there to do a QA session as well...

Jex

[Gintama] - 262

Hey look, they're back to new content. Hurray!

I've never mentioned this before because it's a rather minor complaint but the OP and ED for this set of episodes is really lazy and boring. They fail on just about every front - little to no animation, unpleasant music and stylistically vapid.

Jex

For the benefit of London-AniGaf, RE:Cyborg009 is on at the BFI on the 4th of April - a bloody Thursday, meaning that there's very little chance that I'd actually be able to make it.

Thursday isn't a good time for me either - or most people who have a job. What's wrong with weekends? I know that's the time for more popular works, but still.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
ehhhhh Reika makes a better seme, so SDBurton didn't really have to clarif--waitwhatthefuckamisaying just ignore this.

Lol! Speaking of which, between Hibiki and Kanade from Suite, who do you feel would be the Seme/Uke?
Kanade would definitely be the Seme in my eyes.

NeonZ

So, they didn't change Gintama's ending? I was hoping for a quick change for the last arc of the current run, but I guess this should be expected...

DiGiKerot

Thursday isn't a good time for me either - or most people who have a job. What's wrong with weekends? I know that's the time for more popular works, but still.

Yeah. It's even worse for me since I don't live anywhere near the Capital, and whilst I'm willing to throw great amounts of money at chasing theatrical screenings, making bookings less than a month off is ludicrously expensive even for me.

Someone needs to go, though, just to put poor Duckroll out of his misery!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you were actually an anime fan you wouldn't have a job.

/XX/

Baseless wishful thinking more than anything.
But there's also Ishidate working very little on Tamako Market, speculation has him helming the next Kyoani thing, although it is more likely that it will be something with Kadokawa rather than adapting their own LNs again.
Would be cool, but that is certainly part of a long running speculation I've seen since Mr. Ishidate's absence (or Ms. Horiguchi's as well, as another example of important key staff missing) for most part of the Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! production (later he handled the final episode of it and shattered some of those wishful thoughts in the process). I want to believe, but maybe they just like to use him on little doses each time!

TheOddOne

Duckroll tells me to watch Tamako Market. Watches first episode. First reaction: this is sure is some anime ass anime. Second reaction: I think I misjudged this, its going well. Third reaction: yep, I'm watching this. Damn you, Duckroll.

Syrinx

Duckroll tells me to watch Tamako Market. Watches first episode. First reaction: this is sure is some anime ass anime. Second reaction: I think I misjudged this, its going well. Third reaction: yep, I'm watching this. Damn you, Duckroll.

So, they didn't change Gintama's ending? I was hoping for a quick change for the last arc of the current run, but I guess this should be expected...

Don't think they did a remix version of it yet like they do in all of the other arcs. Can't wait for that.

cajunator

Banned
There are but they are NSFW or very spoilery ..so i dunno if i should post them here. Wanna Pm ?
Let's just say that you have something for every taste in this.

As i was typing this msg i found a picture of ophis i can post without getting banned .

Let's say that you have Ophis, here in cover

And since you like Koneko , here is her older sister , kuroka ( Link might be NSFW ).

There are other nice characters but very hard to either find a picture of them , or a picture of them i can post since they illustrate only some moments.

Yes, Pm me please.
Want Cute.

This is something I wanted to try for a while, and I don't know how it will work out, but here goes.

I thought it might be neat to take a sort of "State of the AnimeGAF" survey of sorts, anonymously, just to get some data on what kinds of people are posting here and what they think of the thread; it's mostly statistical questions with a couple open-answer things. Shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

I've put the link in email tags in this post (sorry lurkers), so just quote it to see. Hopefully there will be a semi-decent response so there's something to discuss afterwards. I'll probably repost the link a few more times later today to make sure all time zones have a chance to see it, then check up on the results in a few days.

I'm amazed by an invisible link. did not know that was possible to do.
Filled it out.

I really should stay up for "AnimeGAF...after dark." one of these days.

More like #Animegaf after dark.
This thread is tamed by necessity.

I forgot the church trio Irina HNNGGGGGG, stupid LN it only make my imagination fly.

It will be a painful choice, I envy Issei he only have to choose the order of his girls.

Wait what?

that's blasphemy

Soundsl ike fun. I'll check out DxD sometime. I had NO idea what that show was other than the very.....stimulating ED.

And yet Hyouka still isn't licensed.

The licensors can concentrate on interesting shows.

Most likely. It seems tailor fit for NISA. Especially the artwork.

Same for brave10...

Nah. Unless its just an artbook of Isanami and her silliness. that I might buy.

Since Nichijou was brought up, I want to see them get that well. I already like NISA but I would love them forever for this. I was super impressed with the quality of the Denpa Onna collection, so I would trust them to do an excellent job.

Agreed. The Denpa Onna NISA set is amazing. Its absolutely beautiful!

Branduil

Have you watched Hyouka?

BluWacky

Excellent. I can make that screening no problem. Thanks for the heads-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom