• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Man, to think this was the output for that entire year.

Q4uNv8A.jpg

Meanwhile we're getting 40+ shows next season alone.

duckroll

More JP MLP info!

http://mimorin.com/information.html

三森すずこデビューシングル「会いたいよ...会いたいよ!」の2曲目に収録される「ミライスタート」がTVアニメ「マイリトルポニー ~トモダチは魔法~」(テレビ東京系)のオープニング主題歌に決定しました。

So we heard earlier that the Milky Holmes girls are voicing four of the ponies on the show. Suzuko Mimori is doing Pinkie Pie. But she is also having a solo music debut. Her debut single "Aitaiyo... Aitaiyo!" comes with another track - "Mirai Start" which will also be the opening song for My Little Pony Friendship is Magic in Japan. Lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Too much to quote said:
Page 103 Tag stuff
Only reason I like mine is that it was the result of a joke rather than embarrassment. It just shows that someone up there thought my jokes was funny enough to be tag worthy even if it does include a word that I've been drilled into my mind by my mother not to use.

Guess these days getting a Sunhi gif would be considered high praise.

Jubern

I read those Kimi no Iru Machi news. I... I don't even know what to say. I knew the day they'd do it for real (and not just that OAV like last time) would come, but I was hoping, deep down inside, that it wouldn't. And Gonzo...?

Noooooooo.

Arthea

hi mostly creepy anime people!

I hope "How much lower can we go?!" refers to winter season, because ya, it's hardly possible to go lower. (><)

Can I nicely ask some of you to write a lil about your favourite anime (need guidance what posts to read and which ones try not to!)

The last anime I trully enjoyed was Katanagatari.
good cast, art style, dialogue, what I would expect from my anime. It was what? 3 years ago? :(
My all time favourite - Legend of the Galactic Heroes of course! It's like Star Trek only animu and much more epic!
Also I usually insist that everybody should watch Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade. So, here, I insist!

zeroshiki

I hope "How much lower can we go?!" refers to winter season, because ya, it's hardly possible to go lower. (><)

Can I nicely ask some of you to write a lil about your favourite anime (need guidance what posts to read and which ones try not to!)

Wow, I hope you don't hit your head while on that high horse.

Risette

A Good Citizen

good cast, art style, dialogue, what I would expect from my anime. It was what? 3 years ago? :(
My all time favourite - Legend of the Galactic Heroes of course! It's like Star Trek only animu and much more epic!
Also I usually insist that everybody should watch Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade. So, here, I insist!
I hope you never find an anime to like ever again.

Arthea

You're obviously mistaken.

ALL of us are FULLY creepy, and since you posted in here, you are too!

I'm aware of that, couldn't resist though

zeroshiki, you really should relax and enjoy my humiliation /\

edited: what's with all hostility? never seen anime crowd so serious! confusing

zeroshiki

Anime is serious business. Some people in suits and shades will be coming soon to administer your hazing. You need to tell us your favorite directors and writers too.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think your attempt at being one of the gang, as it were, failed pretty miserably.

All is not lost though!

Try watching Utena, Crest of the Stars, or as is the rage these days, Wolf Children. Then come back to start this again properly.

Sasami@ganbaranai - 09

I'm seriously feelign like i don't want to try anymore.

This anime is quite clever .. in his use of his casting and his use of perspectives and visual planning and perspective.

There was quite a bit of forshadowing they used in a totally unexpected way.

I think that micchan "blank times" are result of what happenned at the end in the battle.
Still this serie of flashback were quite good.And i really think that this show is better because there is a nice cast chemistry.

cajunator

Banned

Ohayou gozaimasu! That means hello and good morning heehee!
What's your favorite hentai? I like tentacle hentai because the slimy arms wrap around those pretty girls. Shh don't tell anyone ^o^ ^_~
Do you watch kawaii anime? Oh my god I looooooooooove kawaii stuff!!!!!!!
May I glomp you? Do you have a sister?

Arthea

I think your attempt at being one of the gang, as it were, failed pretty miserably.

All is not lost though!

Try watching Utena, Crest of the Stars, or as is the rage these days, Wolf Children. Then come back to start this again properly.

I've seen, so what now?
failed as anime this season? need to assess damage and all

Usobuko

Banned

zeroshiki, you really should relax and enjoy my humiliation /\

edited: what's with all hostility? never seen anime crowd so serious! confusing

Because it almost as if you came in with this notion.

*there was once an offensive image here*

sonicmj1

It sounds to me like you haven't watched Fate/Zero yet. You should correct this as soon as possible.

- Modern-day setting, with a mix of magic and conventional weaponry.
- A cast of adults with strong personalities and clear ideals. Not all characters have a clear moral alignment.
- Characters' ideals clash and are debated over the course of the show.
- Sweet action.
- A plot with a real sense of consequence and danger for all participants.
- The greatest fictional representation of Alexander the Great ever.

It really shouldn't be missed, no matter how you feel about other Type-Moon material.

cajunator

Banned
Man, to think this was the output for that entire year.

Meanwhile we're getting 40+ shows next season alone.

Boogiepop, Candidate for goddess, Tsukikage ran, Miami guns, Gatekeepers, Sakura Wars, Banner of the stars, Hand Maid May, Vandread...that was a fun year!

Arthea

It sounds to me like you haven't watched Fate/Zero yet. You should correct this as soon as possible.

- Modern-day setting, with a mix of magic and conventional weaponry.
- A cast of adults with strong personalities and clear ideals. Not all characters have a clear moral alignment.
- Characters' ideals clash and are debated over the course of the show.
- Sweet action.
- A plot with a real sense of consequence and danger for all participants.
- The greatest fictional representation of Alexander the Great ever.

It really shouldn't be missed, no matter how you feel about other Type-Moon material.

Thanks for correcting me, Fate Zero was great, not without flaws, but very good. Dunno how I could forget... I'll blame old age.

shoot, sorry for double postin

If that's the case, it's probably best to just ignore me...

sonicmj1

Thanks for correcting me, Fate Zero was great, not without flaws, but very good. Dunno how I could forget... I'll blame old age.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Winter season may largely be a dead zone, but we do have a pretty great list of recent shows thanks to the Anime of the Year thread. It might be a good place to start, depending on how much you've been following recently.

Which of those shows have you seen? Which did you enjoy?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2D_Votd2Y
Huh, I just heard about the original from 8-4. So, I take it that the English was written in a way that it sounds "natural" to Japanese speakers, but you'd think the president guy would have a problem with sounding like an idiot... especially when these ads will show up everywhere.

That said, I still wonder if pizza is seen as a novelty in Japan if only because I find it weird that Dominos and Pizza Hut would set up shop there. It almost sounds like that once a year In and Out Burger thing that the 8-4 guys were obsessed about two weeks ago. lol

Take a train to the mountains?!

zeroshiki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2D_Votd2Y
Huh, I just heard about the original from 8-4. So, I take it that the English was written in a way that it sounds "natural" to Japanese speakers, but you'd think the president guy would have a problem with sounding like an idiot... especially when these ads will show up everywhere.

That said, I still wonder if pizza is seen as a novelty in Japan if only because I find it weird that Dominos and Pizza Hut would set up shop there. It almost sounds like that once a year In and Out Burger thing that the 8-4 guys were obsessed about two weeks ago. lol

Take a train to the mountains?!

Pizza costs $40 in Japan. I'm not sure how that compares to the rest of the world, but that's roughly 5 times the price of the same kind of pizza where I come from.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pizza costs $40 in Japan. I'm not sure how that compares to the rest of the world, but that's roughly 5 times the price of the same kind of pizza where I come from.
Jesus Christ... do they fly in Italian chefs to make it or something? Or did they trick Japanese people into thinking that pizza is gourmet? lol

zeroshiki

Jesus Christ... do they fly in Italian chefs to make it or something? Or did they trick Japanese people into thinking that pizza is gourmet? lol

Its a "special occasion" meal :lol

I guess because Pizza Hut and Domino's survive with those prices that its a viable pricing model though.

Arthea should follow the cute clan of animegaf ...

As such to be part of this delicious team, i humbly recommand the "beginner cute" course :
* Idolm@ster
* k-on
* Acchi kocchi
* AK-0048
* Smile precure.

You also have the choice to follow the "cute but perverted" course

* Vividred Operation (ongoing )
* Strike witches
* To love - ru

or the "Elite cute " course

* Girls und Panzer
* lucky star
* Galaxy angel

If you have a solid mind , you can also attempt the "mind break" course

* Black rock shooter
* School days

Ps: All those are beginner courses for instant entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom