• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not entirely predictable. I'd never have thought Fruits Basket or Tatami Galaxy would end up on there! I mean, Fruits Basket 1 is a great first episode, but... it's Fruits Basket, who in anime fandom really cares about the show any more?

It might not get discussed as much anymore, but I think a lot of people still care about it. Fruits Basket was massively popular within large sections of the anime fandom for quite awhile.

Gradivus

@ikuni_noise: 今日は暑くなるの?

I don't know any Japanese but Google Translate says I'm becoming hot and I bet this is related to Penguinbear somehow!? Are maybe the Penguins and the Bears going to fight in a desert? Am I overreacting?

It can't be tomorrow soon enough.

"Is it getting hotter today?" Something along that line.

cajunator

Banned
But most of my old stuff is on VHS and VCD's. Can't be assed to rebuy them again on DVD's too.

Even better! That VHS feel is amazing. All the previews of other stuff you cant skip, the grainiess and tracking glitches. Sound cutting in and out and wavering. I love it sooooooo much.

Why post Yukari's best girl sex hair when I can post the origin of the term?

You could have picked much better pictures of her.

Is it bad that she's the only reason I want to watch Amagami SS?

Definitely not! My favorite is Rihoko.

Miya is great indeed. That cow lick is moe as fuck and everyone loves Kana Asumi.

Miya is a goddess.

Not entirely predictable. I'd never have thought Fruits Basket or Tatami Galaxy would end up on there! I mean, Fruits Basket 1 is a great first episode, but... it's Fruits Basket, who in anime fandom really cares about the show any more?

Thats one of my favorite shows ever.
Don't knock Fruits Basket.
Don't do it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Decided to give Minami-ke a spin since it's directed by Masahiko Oota the same bloke who directed YuruYuri and Mitsudomoe.

First episode was rather enjoyable so I think I'll continue with it.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 47

SMNSVKp.jpg

Protag going through despair. Most enjoyable moment of the show so far!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Best episodes of the decade according to NewType: http://www.animecontentsexpo.jp/spec...kai/index.html

Predictable list, but I'm surprised one of Wakabayashi's Naruto episodes got in it...

Is the list in any kind of order? Or are they just screening the episodes and that's how they're scheduled or something?

----

Chihayafuru 11
H9pG6ETl.jpg

Why? It's because your mangaka doesn't know how to tell a story about characters. :p

ud6eeIjl.jpg

I'm still not sure how I feel about the shoujo manga trope of descriptive text on screen in anime form. Like... it's anime, so you really shouldn't have to do that, right?

Anyway, more sportsballs for a few episodes and
Taichi gets written out at least until they decide to start the individual tournaments
. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Syrinx

I just watched Fruits Basket back in December for the first time, and it is my favorite slice-of-life anime of all time BY FAR. So...I still care about Fruits Basket.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I just watched Fruits Basket back in December for the first time, and it is my favorite slice-of-life anime of all time BY FAR. So...I still care about Fruits Basket.

Personally I didn't like the anime much but the manga is one of the things that me hooked into this sad great world.

The franchise is totally a classic.

Syrinx

DAMNED RIGHT BRO

I propose this thread get 5000% more Fruits Basket discussion.

Personally I didn't like the anime much but the manga is one of the things that me hooked into this sad great world.

The franchise is totally a classic.

Phoooo.

Never read the manga. I really don't read much manga...at all really. Hell, I'm only reading the Sailor Moon manga for the first time right now.

What's so different about the manga and anime? And you're not the first person to say the manga is amazing, so I'll probably put that on my "to-do" list.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I'm kind of surprised Extollere didn't like Vivdred operation more. It has plenty of fun and butts!

Huh? I absolutely love it so far! There are a couple of areas where it hasn't fully met my expectations yet, but I was worried it might start going downhill, that's all. I will most likely finish it, unless the final episode is somehow truly disgraceful.

Huh? I absolutely love it so far! There are a couple of areas where it hasn't fully met my expectations yet, but I was worried it might start going downhill, that's all. I will most likely finish it, unless the final episode is somehow truly disgraceful.

Nothing can really be as bad as episode 9, so it should be at least decent.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Both of the VA was meh. I thought the guy was much cooler than the girl though.

I'm sorry but the male VA was trying too hard to sound "gruff, cool". I cringed every time he spoke. And his one liners were terribad.

red X black

Not sure how many trailers for this has been released since the only other one I saw was Red, but this will most likely be the best ship.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm sorry but the male VA was trying too hard to sound "gruff, cool". I cringed every time he spoke. And his one liners were terribad.

Not sure how many trailers for this has been released since the only other one I saw was Red, but this will most likely be the best ship.

Here's White if you ahven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt9vl8iAN5Q

Oh yeah the guy VA was horrible. I thought his design and fights were cool, albeit generic.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Nothing can really be as bad as episode 9, so it should be at least decent.

Alright. But I'm not looking forward to this episode. Interesting factoid: I think GuP is a far better girl-squad show than Vividred, but my wife prefers Vividred to GuP! I tried to tell her about Saori and Yukari, but maybe waifu appeal is more of a turn off to women than cute butts are.

...Why are only her head and arms tanned?

School swimsuit!

Alright. But I'm not looking forward to this episode. Interesting factoid: I think GuP is a far better girl-squad show than Vividred, but my wife prefers Vividred to GuP! I tried to tell her about Saori and Yukari, but maybe waifu appeal is more of a turn off to women than cute butts are.

Girls und Panzer certainly is the better show, Fumikane designs and all, but I don't think the two can really be compared to each other. Vividred is more like Strike Witches with its butt love and and flying girls and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom