• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Not entirely predictable. I'd never have thought Fruits Basket or Tatami Galaxy would end up on there! I mean, Fruits Basket 1 is a great first episode, but... it's Fruits Basket, who in anime fandom really cares about the show any more?
Here. Fruba has a very special place in my heart.

survivor

Banned
Hidamari Sketch x 365 - 1

AqXlOSb.png

The OP is such a massive downgrade compared to the one from the first season. This episode had a lot of energy and visually interesting scenes which makes me more optimistic about this season.

Quick question, am I supposed to know who is Misato? They kept bringing up her name, but I don't seem to recall seeing her in the first season.

The OP is such a massive downgrade compared to the one from the first season.

nAO2v2Z.gif

Quick question, am I supposed to know who is Misato? They kept bringing up her name, but I don't seem to recall seeing her in the first season.

That's a sempai who lived in the Hidamari apartments, she was briefly mentioned here and there in S1. She's the one who set that one trap in Yuno's room.

wonzo

Banned

Yeah, you're not supposed to know who she is for now but I think she gets introduced later or something.

survivor

Banned
The OP might grow on me as I keep watching, but as of now the first one is still better.

That's a sempai who lived in the Hidamari apartments, she was briefly mentioned here and there in S1. She's the one who set that one trap in Yuno's room.

Yeah, you're not supposed to know who she is for now but I think she gets introduced later or something.

Oh ok, just wanted to make sure I haven't completely forgot everything that happened in previous season.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Vividred Operation - 11

Friendship, friendship, and more friendship, followed by the random as fuck
devouring of Rei as she is one gulped by that damn raven.
Whaaaaaaat the hell is going on?

CorvoSol

GaoGaiGar 29

Are there really 20 more episodes of this show? What could they be about? At this point, it seems like the show will wrap up by next episode. I mean, all four of the Kings are out, the Brave Robots are beaten, Ms. Swan is having weird incestual moments with her brother, Pizza has decided that that's not a very cool name, FREAKING KAIDO CONTINUES TO STARE MYSTERIOUSLY INTO THE CAMERA, and well, Mic keeps trying to save the day through rock and roll and gratuitous English.

What could really be left to do?

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory 9

This is a really bad show. I mean, I'm hard pressed to think of a positive thing to say. It's not offensively bad, it's just, I dunno, so bad its lame. None of the characters are compelling, none of the villains seem terribly concerned with doing anything other than filling out their applications for Snidely Whiplash's Academy for Wacky Ne'er-do-wells, the mecha are dorky, the premise contrived.

It's just a really bad show.

GTO 29

Freakin' love Kanzaki now. She's pulled a full 180 on how she was, going from Uberbitch to awesome member of Onizuka's posse. Miyabi, still biatch extraordinaire, tries to coerce her into helping her take down Onizuka, and Kanzaki pulls out her full-stop destroy you power on Miyabi.

And Miyabi, already once-defeated by Onizuka, has hatched a far more heinous plan to get him fired, leaving an otherwise fairly innocent student in tears. Pretty sure she's crossed the line like, seven times, but then, Kanzaki blew up the school, so its not beyond the powers of Great Jesus Onizuka to redeem Miyabi yet.

Gundam 00 S2 4

Soma Pires continues my favorite for this season. Lolworthy moment when Lockon says "I'm not my brother." . . . How so? You have his face, voice, personality, catchphrase, skillset, sense of style and haircut. YOU EVEN HAVE THE SAME NAME.

WHY DID THEY KILL LOCKON TO REPLACE HIM WITH LOCKON AND THEN TRY TO ESTABLISH A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM THAT ISN'T THERE?

Anyway, Setsuna had a boner during a mission today and someone almost died. Come on Setsuna, Sousuke keeps his boner under control during missions and Heero doesn't get boners (no seriously, have you ever stopped to think about how awful the sex would be between Releena and Heero? I mean, I dunno, it'd just be awful. Terrible. Now you're thinking about it.). KEEP YO PANTS ON SETSUNA.

Mr. Bushido looks like a high-class nerd, but his mecha is pretty sweet. Even with his Tangsaber.

Metrotab

Banned
Welcome to the NHK! - 7

The next episode is gonna be hilarious, I can tell already. Pretty mysterious how little the girl actually told about herself. Something's up with that.

Also, holy smokes at that old friend.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 42
I love her ..i love her so much i'm getting crazy !

is what i'll remember from this episode

Crazy old man ..as usual nothing except a haxxor power .. he was nothing without his "words" and even the words are useless when you have willpower plus words from a higher being.

Yuna continues to be a punching bag, such a shame for a character like that.

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2042_01.jpg

again medea ???

Medea continues her road toward the final boss spot.. i think this was one of the easiest recruit plan i've ever seen , and i've played plenty of fire emblem and suikoden games .. but seriously convincing an ennemy so quick is something even commander shepard with full paragon can't do.

Off to the next episode !

Anyway, Setsuna had a boner during a mission today and someone almost died. Come on Setsuna, Sousuke keeps his boner under control during missions and Heero doesn't get boners (no seriously, have you ever stopped to think about how awful the sex would be between Releena and Heero? I mean, I dunno, it'd just be awful. Terrible. Now you're thinking about it.). KEEP YO PANTS ON SETSUNA.

i dont need to think about it i've already seen the doujins ! Rule 34 in effect

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Skip all of season 2 when you get there.
Well I was checking out the works of the director of two shows that are my favourites and apparently he only directed the first series of Minami. Maybe I'll watch the other four season at a later date. It's a bit much to do in one go.

Toriko 94 (funiHulu)

Whoever this Joie character is, is really compelling. I hope we go straightway to the next arc or something and no more splitting up and what not. But even more then that IGO and Gourmet Corp meeting, big fight coming?

CorvoSol

G Gundam 29

AAAWWWWW WIDDWE SAI SAICHI IN WUUUUUV. And LOL MERMAID GUNDAM. What will they think of next? Some of these Gundams are so freaking crazy, I'm not sure you could call them Gundams. I mean, I saw one that was basically a giant buffalo with the Gundam crest on its head and goatee. Barely even looked like a Gundam.

HERE IS HOW TO DESIGN A GUNDAM FOR G GUNDAM.

GET REAL HIGH ON ALL DRUGS.

DRAW.

Come and Join the dark side luke skywalker ! - 43

The dark side is better , everyone who has played jedi knight knows that .
yet somehow Koga in sain seya doesn't know that well enough.
Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2043_03.jpg

Vilain of the winter season no doubt
So by some yet again calculated plans , medea is pulling the strings yet again ( you have to wonder where the hell is eden ? )
and we learn that she already has ultimate power in her hands ( not to mention her brother ) But she wants more !!Think about it .. You've overpowered , you have not already 1 source of power, but two ... why wouldn't you go over all this trouble to get a third ?

Talk about greedy.
Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2043_01.jpg

Such is the hard life of a female character surrounded by males in a shonen.
This episode had a nice dose of yuna actually trying to get things done.. i'll now give a "nice try" award to yuna because she tried ... yeah she did , however she wasn't there when everyone was burning their cosmo like crazy and sh*tting rainbow all over the place because that could have given her a hint.. but long story short , she was useless .. she didn't even dare to get in the fight with the knight ...that's how worthless she became.. poor luna .

Well she got praised for her legs ..... so that's a start i guess ?

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2043_02.jpg

I'm the king , i'm summoning knights, lances and i'm getting the ladies to sit down even if they don't want to. my pimp power is over 9000 .. do you want to die or do you want to die ?

Someone at toei might have watched fate/zero or fate stay night because this character remind me of a certain king of swords. Anyway he was hinted to be powerfull , he sure was ..now let's hope the next episode won't disapoint...

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 23: Goldenbaum is Felled

~ For the sake of the greater good in the future, there are times when rulers must accept the necessity of sacrifice. ~

Flowerpot Head finally got the fate he deserves. Shot by his own men. Good riddance.
Pretty funny how cowardly the Prince was in the face of his own death.
I don't understand why Merkatz just doesn't surrender himself to Lohengramm.
And I really hope Oberstein doesn't create a rift between Reinhard and Kircheis.

Maoyu 11
tumblr_mk2q8mYvCS1qgj1auo4_500.gif

Awkward way to do the episode. I would have probably had all the trading and stuff take place in this episode then all things dealing with Yuusha and how epic he is
and even the Mahou Shoujo's epic skill
in its own episode. The anime is splendid when it actually does the magical action and such and even made me super hyped for the next episode. Too bad much of this episode was a bit snore inducing. After Kingdom, arrow attacks raining down on infantry just doesnt feel as intense or powerful anymore. Wide Area Thunderbolt, easily my favorite part of this whole anime.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 44

Aka

Praise the gods, yuna finally became usefull !

F . I . N . A .L . L . Y

Yuna you sure picked your time before you decided to burn your cosmo

and surprise ! You became usefull to the cast !
Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2044_02.jpg

But nobody like them.
I'm actually glad you did get your fight , because you were "this" close of being useless the whole arc .. they let you have the big ennemy and that even after eden finally remembered that he had someone to stop and thus should stop mourning everyone for 2 episodes (1h+ of plot time ).
I know that mourning the dead s important but .... "hello eden , we have a planet to save !! Allo ? Mochi Mochi ?"
To think that the only one still going it for revenge is him...

Yuna redeemed. praise the yuna ... you will lose of course , unless you really go all out , but there is a freaking gap to overcome that won't be easy ... Still i'm rooting for you.
Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2044_01.jpg

TL NOTE : Plan means "keikakku"
Medea seems to enjoy her "lelouch" moment by a great deal... At this point i don't even want to see her fight just to see her plans crumble and cease to exist. The moment when the tables will turn will be glorious.

Darkness rules ! but light is better because frienship and teamwork.
FALSE , the only answer when dealing with fights in sain seya is : BURN YOUR COSMO

/XX/

So 7th brought this up because I talked about the weird photo backgrounds in the first Otona Joshi episode.

And yep, this sure has that stuff too:
http://i.imgur.com/R5fAZVol.jpg
And those environments and the mood they created worked so well on this series, but the best thing was the background sounds and noises that accompanied the long shots of the city alleys and different other picturesque places, as those were realistic and gave a true sense of a real place 'ambient' on many scenes. Mr. Kobayashi makes those type of scenes lively and "full" very nicely.

For neither of those things, try Sci-Fi Harry's OP.
Best OP? Best OP.
Tetsuya Nishio agrees (http://www.style.fm/as/04_watch/2011/026.shtml). A very good selection he made, indeed!

dat delicious fiery sakuga. Now I understand why pretty much every kid on the block watched this.
Oh, man... that back-to-back emission of Ranma ½ and Sailor Moon on weekdays just before school-time on Antena 3's TV morning block was legendary! Although I remember many boys admitted to just watch and talked only about Ranma, which was strange after the boom in overall popularity Sailor Moon had... prejudices, prejudices...

cajunator

Banned
Welcome to the NHK! - 7

The next episode is gonna be hilarious, I can tell already. Pretty mysterious how little the girl actually told about herself. Something's up with that.

Also, holy smokes at that old friend.

sempai <3
I felt really bad for her.
NHK is such a good series.
Sato means well hes just a social fucktard.

steins;gate 15/16

Oh my fucking god. Daru and Suzu? Woah. Poor Suzu failed, she failed and everything is ruined )=

rough episode :(
keep going!

Finally got Tutu. Discs look fine, too. Will likely post impressions tonight.

good to hear! Be sure to post impressions!

80809345zoqrt.jpg

Who do I have to kill / torture / maim to get one of these? Going to Akihabara on 6th April isn't really an option.

want.
need.

Lain

Psycho-Pass 22

Hmm this episode has me a bit conflicted. It was nice to look at, Akane was great for most of it and Makishima
got killed, which is what he deserved
yet the end didn't satisfy me. I don't know if I would have wanted for Akane to
catch Makishima
or to see her
doing something in regards to Sybil
but I know that seeing that epilogue didn't satisfy me at all, even if Akane looked awesome and it fit her character as it was established, especially in these last few episodes.
Oh well, now time to wait for it to release over here to purchase it and re-watch it all over again (this time with fixed drawings and animations, hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom