• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Try not to do those 'well there's x episodes left so they can't win yet/have to win now' things, they really just tick yourself off. It's like checking how many pages left you have of a book.

Well the episode count was only a small part of it, it was more the "we have to win otherwise our school get shut down, and the carrier gets blown up killing everyone on board!"

I may have added a bit there.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Shergal

Vividred 11

I... sorry, what?

Good stuff: references to General Relativity and Everett's many worlds interpretation.
Bad stuff: Everything else.

Oh how this show has fallen. The quirkiness and badassery of the early episodes is gone and now we are left with bland shit.
I hope they deliver something for the finale.

Steroyd

Well sure but:

This is right. Had this series been longer this tournament could have been a smaller less important one where Pravda would have been a good losing point.

They could have them lose... if they're setting up a season 2. *cough*
Kuroko's Basketball and Chihayafuru.

In GuP's case it's not the episode count, it's the whole "we must win this tournament or we die" thing hanging over them.

duckroll

Majestic Prince looks sooooo good. Definitely the best mecha action this Spring. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn4vgRsZx-M

rEfDsaQ.jpg
uJ6Tp6b.jpg

duckroll

You can enjoy learning about why this military force put their experimental giant robot program in the hands of a bunch of inexperienced teens who have to learn to believe in themselves and fight to survive.

Not me.

You can miss out on the best action comedy mecha series of 2013 because you think you know what it's going to be about.

I won't.

duckroll

AKB0048 - Episode 24

Episode was kinda draggy, but some interesting revelations. The flashbacks were good. The singing was really quite bad and there were two really long parts with it. The ending was !!!!!!!!!!!! and ??????????? though. The final two episodes are going to be.... amazing probably. Lol.

Oh and there was this one scene which was a slow zoom out of a bunch of wonzo faces for 15 seconds while they were "talking". One face in particular never animated at all for this entire 15 seconds and it looked truly glorious:

2eWDprF.jpg

cajunator

Banned
I feel bad for people who don't enjoy Laputa. It's one of the best pure adventure films ever made.

The first time I watched it, I fell asleep.
The second time I watched it. I fell asleep. the third time I watched it, I watched it a second time in a row. It is a slow burn but once you get into it, it hooks you.

Futari wa Pretty Cure 45

So the girls in Nagisa and Honoka's class are going to be in a singing competition. They won the school's choir competition, which I know was brought up in earlier episodes, but still, feels outta nowhere. Since when did they sing?

They end up singing the ED for the show for the competition. They pretty much ruined what goodwill I had for it (never was too huge a fan of it to be quite honest) when they had Mepple and Mipple singing it. They ruin everything. And then Porun ruins another awful lovey-dovey scene. Good job Porun.

Nagisa and Honoka end up having to do the solos for some reason. As much as I like Honoka, she really doesn't have a powerful enough of a voice to be doing a solo. Her voice is too soft. Nagisa's better suited, but since when could she sing? Ah well it looks like they won anyway.

They only have 4 episodes to wrap this thing up. They might wanna get started on that.

My post about this episode :D
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48701457&postcount=7791

Oh, I wasn't implying that you disliked it, just speaking hypothetically. But yeah, that dance is janky as hell.

The funny thing is that Max Heart's ED manages to have even worse "dance" animation or whatever the hell it's supposed to be. Just watch the whole thing or skip to 1:04 for the "best" part.

I guess they can't all be Ganbalance de Dance.

Max Heart's ED is CATCHY AS HELL.

I still have no idea what he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AytCKBRQJu0&hd=1

Date A Live character PV the fifth, featurisasdkjfdaskfjsdj

For a Kurumi PV, there wasn't actually that much Kurumi, at least not relative to the other PVs. Not sure whether the anime's covering vols 1-3 or 1-4, but if it's the former then I'm presuming she's the show's big bad by default, which might explain why they're not giving too much away.

Seems that this image (slightly NSFW) is an actual scene rather than just being LN fanservice. Not sure who she's going for in the right screen, but I hope it's Origami.

Goddamn hype hype hype.

I love that girls design with the clock in her eye,.

This is a garage kit that like nobody owns. I would totally buy it though.

I'm pretty sure it's LN Taiga, which does kinda look worse than anime Taiga.

All Taigas are lovely. Utter not this blasphemy.

Theonik

I haven't watched since Episode 6. Be sure to tell us how this turns out so I can know if I should bother finishing or not.
You can't quit just yet, you still have episode 10 to look forward to! If you are going to drop watch that one at least!

If it was 2-cour or multiple seasons, sure. But with what you have, you might get a neutral ending at best in terms of having a conclusive but not total victory ending.
Princess Nine ;_;

I'm pretty sure it's LN Taiga, which does kinda look worse than anime Taiga.
Jman would cut you.

wonzo

Banned
Otona Joshi no Anime Time - Life's Best Ten

otonajoshi3.jpg

Wow, this was great and easily the best short yet. Everything in this looks great, the characters, the backgrounds and the animation really do standout in this nice little story. The writing flowed really well and led to one funny as hell ending. If only everything else BONES did could be this good. lol

If you're only gonna watch one of these then make sure this is it!

No excuse. Wonzo and I have managed to watch both Polar Bear Cafe and Puchimas with no difficulty.

Also they're not really comparable.
Pretty much.

I haven't watched since Episode 6. Be sure to tell us how this turns out so I can know if I should bother finishing or not.
I will stay tuned for my impressions next week :)
As of now , this can go either way ..if they throw everything at us during the finale , my impression will be quite positive.
If they don't deliver then this show will have been a waste of time.

Vividred 11

I... sorry, what?

Good stuff: references to General Relativity and Everett's many worlds interpretation.
Bad stuff: Everything else.

Oh how this show has fallen. The quirkiness and badassery of the early episodes is gone and now we are left with bland shit.
I hope they deliver something for the finale.

Friendship ! Remember this word : FRIENDSHIP

Theonik

I will stay tuned for my impressions next week :)
As of now , this can go either way ..if they throw everything at us during the finale , my impression will be quite positive.
If they don't deliver then this show will have been a waste of time.
The show gave us episodes 6 and 10. As far as I'm concerned, no matter what the ending is, It can't have been a total waste of time!

The show gave us episodes 6 and 10. As far as I'm concerned, no matter what the ending is, It can't have been a total waste of time!

Nothing that gave me butts and potentially many yuri doujins is a waste of time.

everything would be MUCH much better if they deliver on either the action or the story ..

They must choose to do one or the other for the finale ( or both ) and deliver.

-Minsc-

Reading AnimeGAF nearly sucked me in to it. Then I watched the first episode, said "Oh, it's a magical girl show", and walked away. It may have been watchable if the show didn't have the shameless ass shots.

Theonik

Nothing that gave me butts and potentially many yuri doujins is a waste of time.
I endorse this comment.

everything would be MUCH much better if they deliver on either the action or the story ..

They must choose to do one or the other for the finale ( or both ) and deliver.
I hope for buttastic docking action for the finale or I'll be disappointed. Note that I haven't seen the latest episode yet though! (will tomorrow)

Naruto Shippuden 305

Well this three episode mini-filler-arc had a fairly decent conclusion. Always love seeing Naruto's Giant Rasengan. I wonder when will we get back to moving the plot. As the preview
seems to be Neji Hinata filler

i think strike witches is much more shameless ..so if you were able to follow that one, vividred will be easy.

i'm talking about the shameless ass shots* of course

Shergal

What I liked about Vividred at first was that it was fun, light-hearted and self-aware while not forgetting it was a sort of sentai+magical mecha girl action show. It gave us nice stuff like TOMATOES, the transformation scenes, the vivid-combos and great overall production values. Episode 4 was great, episode 6 was fun, episode 8 was insane and badass.

But nothing of that is present anymore, it seems they've run out of ideas (and money).
Well, if I think about it, the show was always kind of inconsistent on script, but now even the production values have dropped noticeably.
And I guess there were the ass-shots too. On that note, I don't think there was any ass-shot in 11.

i think strike witches is much more shameless ..so if you were able to follow that one, vividred will be easy.

i'm talking about the shameless ass shots* of course

Considering the whole world is revolved around mahou shoujo soldiers who don't wear pants, it is most certainly more shameless about its butt shots. Strike Witches is ultimately the better show though since its focus on butts and fun never had any lousy episodes like Vividred did.

What I liked about Vividred at first was that it was fun, light-hearted and self-aware while not forgetting it was a sort of sentai+magical mecha girl action show. It gave us nice stuff like TOMATOES, the transformation scenes, the vivid-combos and great overall production values. Episode 4 was great, episode 6 was fun, episode 8 was insane and badass.

But nothing of that is present anymore, it seems they've run out of ideas (and money).
Well, if I think about it, the show was always kind of inconsistent on script, but now even the production values have dropped noticeably.
And I guess there were the ass-shots too. On that note, I don't think there was any ass-shot in 11.

Probably saving it for the finale.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Princess Nine ;_;
Manga-itis. :(

Otona Joshi no Anime Time - Life's Best Ten

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/otonajoshi3.jpg

Wow, this was great and easily the best short yet. Everything in this looks great, the characters, the backgrounds and the animation really do standout in this nice little story. The writing flowed really well and led to one funny as hell ending. If only everything else BONES did could be this good. lol

If you're only gonna watch one of these then make sure this is it!

Hey Cheif, don't forget :Yoshida!

Like the new avatar.

Thanks, but for once, I didn't draw it. It's part of an art trade with Extollere. Where I drew him Azusa and he drew Mio for me. One of the conditions was that we'd wear what each other drew as an avatar for at least a month, which really isn't that bad. Still feels weird to have an avatar not drawn by me though...
He should be changing his avatar sometime today.

fertygo

look like normal 1 cour split to me, but I know what you mean.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 40

Madness + 50 ..reaching critical mass.

Don't get me wrong , this episode was AMAZING. Just like all the episodes focused on sonia & soma ... and i was really glad to see another because it was the following of several tiny arcs that greatly devellopped those characters .
This episode didn't disapoint .

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2040_01.jpg

Who is this cute loli ? what sonia ? a flashback ? Not good ....
a death flag ?

Sonia with long hair = awesome.
Sonia with short hair + long bang = Quite acceptable.

It's almost disguting how great they managed to devellop those 2 characters well .
Soma started on a very angry quest for revenge and you could say that it was all for that point. It works, it works very well and the outcome was expected since that's what what they were going at it ..but it still hurts because at this point i liked sonia ..she wasn't stupid she was a decent commander,with a clear goal , and strenght ( and you all know how hard that is for female characters in the sain seya universe ). i guess the point was for me to hate medea more and congratulations you've suceeded i now hate her properly .

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2040_02.jpg

This isn't what you think it is.

This episode wasn't as well animated as the previous encounters but it was still pretty much good. It used so many light techniques to gain animation time ..but i won't get angry because the episode pacing still was above average with a decent sense of speed.

Yuna what are you doing ? i loved you at first because you had a nice added value to the cast but now ,since episode 26 , it seems everything was gone.
Where is the strong character with resolve ? where is your opponent where you BURN your cosmo ?
At least the ninja dude is still as useless as before, but he was useless from the start. What is happenning , yuna ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom