• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

8J5mgru.jpg

Man, they look more mature than the tv series.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They got torn off from their intense ninja fights and/or they're doing that nonsense where it makes them stronger blah blah blah boobs butts.
In the senran-verse clothes are conceptual as far as ninja are concerned. While in battle they project them with their wills. As they are damaged in battles they lose them. There is also the ability to dispatch of their clothes all together maximising their offence and minimizing their defence.
:Marvelous :life :hometown
Gotta love anime logic. lol

duckroll

I've been thinking about the "original work" thing since yesterday, because it really bothered me for some reason that there is such an awkward phrasing in English for an award which could be totally confusing as to what purpose it serves, and I think I finally got the solution. The proper translation which would clearly indicate what the award is for without sounding lame in English should actually be "Best Source Material".

That's okay, you guys can sit down now. No need for the standing ovation. Yup, I know how deeply everyone cared about this random minor footnote in the thread, I'm glad I managed to reserve it too! What's that? No one cares? Oh well! :(

/OCD

jbug617

Banned
8J5mgru.jpg

Man, they look more mature than the tv series.

Wow they do, everyone looks older
:O

Did I miss something? AnoHana 2?!
The movie

Amagami SS Rihoko Sakurai Arc

I think this arc was probably my most anticipated from the way Rihoko acted in all the other stories. The story was great but the ending was stupid. They really going to
friend zone her. I was sort of cheering for her and Junichi to get together but they really don't show if it happens.

I've been thinking about the "original work" thing since yesterday, because it really bothered me for some reason that there is such an awkward phrasing in English for an award which could be totally confusing as to what purpose it serves, and I think I finally got the solution. The proper translation which would clearly indicate what the award is for without sounding lame in English should actually be "Best Source Material".

That's okay, you guys can sit down now. No need for the standing ovation. Yup, I know how deeply everyone cared about this random minor footnote in the thread, I'm glad I managed to reserve it too! What's that? No one cares? Oh well! :(

/OCD

Well, I did have a lot of trouble sleeping last night, and I suspect this might have been the cause of it.

So, thanks for making sure that won't be an issue tonight.

wonzo

Banned
her old hairstyle will come back as a ghost.
in the "real" end
the hairstyle convinces her to rape everyone including ghost menma

Amagami SS Rihoko Sakurai Arc

I think this arc was probably my most anticipated from the way Rihoko acted in all the other stories. The story was great but the ending was stupid. They really going to
friend zone her. I was sort of cheering for her and Junichi to get together but they really don't show if it happens.
That's why you watch SS+ afterwards.

Articalys

It's an incredibly stupid award either way.

Fate/Stay Night 13 - 24 (engdub, BD)

Solid conclusion. The new OP is pretty tacking and quite atrocious to hear, it kind of really ruins the feeling of each episode and I wish I could skip it but well, I never skip OPs. The ED is still fantastic, its the ending part of it that makes it sound so good.

ON the whole I guess it was a slightly above average anime. Certainly at times more actiony and enjoyable than Fate/Zero but looked much worst and sounded much worst all the time. I hope the engDub is on the same level. I will miss not hearing Disgaea's Axel's voice for Gilgamesh, really makes him great to hear, and I love his appearance here in FSN, better looking, younger I guess.

Some of the plot points were just baffling inclusions
my face when Shiro even suggested going on a date with one of the most boring characters in the franchise, what is this acronym, date, Shirou? Even the other character was baffled and went "eh" at this odd suggestion. Final fight was amazing as well as the numerous twists and turns

First half was largely more exciting. 7/10.
Shiruo kept being "killed" so many times, could have had a better win record

jgminto

Shouldn't we already be past winter already? I think even your crazy American seasons have moved past winter. I've been out of summer since March!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Spring season's already here. There's Otona Joshi, and I think Red Data Girl ep. 1 was streamed early on niconico or something.

Love Live - 10

Pretty entertaining beach episode, especially the
pillow fight that awoke "Dark" Umi.
Seems like these last few eps have been designed to focus on characters that were introduced earlier on but were slightly forgotten as more girls joined the group. I don't mind as Maki is one of my favorites from the group, tsun and all.
Hum i should watch Love live ...

Ixion Saga DT ep 24

Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku Kukuku

SHUT UP!!!

"SHUT UP!!!" is what you'd like to say , right ?

Jintor

You should absolutely watch Love Live.

It's not quite as 'I wasn't expecting this to be High Quality' as Girls Und Panzers, but it's up there.

duckroll

Anime schedules are getting so predictable...

Here's the stuff I'm watching in Spring and their broadcast days + starting dates. Yup, everything is on Thursdays again. Lol. And this is -without- noitaminA, or it would be another 2 titles on Thursday. Looooool.

Tuesdays
My Little Pony - 4/2
Yuyushiki - 4/9

Thursdays
Majestic Prince - 4/4
Photo Kano - 4/4
Devil Survivor 2 - 4/4
Valvrave - 4/11

Fridays
Aku no Hana - 4/5

Saturdays
Attack on Titan - 4/6

Sundays
Yamato 2199 - 4/7
Gargantia - 4/7

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anime schedules are getting so predictable...

Here's the stuff I'm watching in Spring and their broadcast days + starting dates. Yup, everything is on Thursdays again. Lol. And this is -without- noitaminA, or it would be another 2 titles on Thursday. Looooool.

Tuesdays
My Little Pony - 4/2
Yuyushiki - 4/9

Thursdays
Majestic Prince - 4/4
Photo Kano - 4/4
Devil Survivor 2 - 4/4
Valvrave - 4/11

Fridays
Aku no Hana - 4/5

Saturdays
Attack on Titan - 4/6

Sundays
Yamato 2199 - 4/7
Gargantia - 4/7

I thought noitminA doesn't exist this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom