• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I hope they do human ponies.

9RPw05f.jpg

Dresden

So amazing one questions why he would publish them at first in a website that (was at the time) destined for... submissions of aspiring artists (http://web.archive.org/web/20100112154919/http://openpost.jp/pages/debut_en)! And sent under a pseudonym he habitually uses; Otonari Kobo (おとなり工房), that apart from its meaning 'otonari' was speculated to be a portmanteau of 'otōto' and 'Yoshinari'. There is little information and confirmation of this because he usually never uses his real name at all on the Internet, but that style always gives it away...
That's pretty cool.
You the man! And there is so much abundance of the Princess of the Crystal on many others that it also feels pretty unique because of this.
I would have reserved my own judgement until finally checking out Nekoi Mie's one, but well, haven't seen it yet (and the companion P&SwG one from him at the very same C80, titled 'CRAZY 4 YOU!', sure was translated and made broadly available... that isn't fair!):

Be advised; the following link leads to slightly explicit content... careful!

C80頒布情報 MANGA SUPER Blog
http://manpa01.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-8.html
Super interesting. Ringo was always my fave (and this reminds me that I should probably finish penguindrum at some point).
Man, they look more mature than the tv series.
Anal got an upgrade.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well, PPG got the anime treatment. There's no reason we can't get an animu MLP as well.

Or MLP PreCure crossover.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Somebody please let me know what the series Freezing is about (beyond the basic premise) since it just got a second season.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-25/freezing-sci-fi-action-anime-gets-2nd-season

It's like if Evangelion took place in a high school except the pilots are all catty girls with magical combat powers and tits bigger than their heads and instead of piloting mecha they draw power from men by synchronizing with their wavelength or some shit they all hate each other and constantly fight because there's some kind of neverending contest for supremacy going on at the school and it's awful.

Branduil

It's like if Evangelion took place in a high school except the pilots are all catty girls with magical combat powers and tits bigger than their heads and instead of piloting mecha they draw power from men or some shit they all hate each other and constantly fight because there's some kind of neverending contest for supremacy going on at the school and it's awful.

ANIME

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The main female protagonist is also named Satellizer, which has to be one of the worst names in the history of the medium. I'm pretty sure that she's characterized almost exclusively through past rape trauma or something.

Don't ask why I watched the whole thing; it was a dark time in my life.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The main female protagonist is also named Satellizer, which has to be one of the worst names in the history of the medium. I'm pretty sure that she's characterized almost exclusively through past rape trauma or something.

Don't ask why I watched the whole thing; it was a dark time in my life.
Darker than your current Doki Doki Precure phase?! ;)

Syrinx

I'd go by Jacuzzi. More interesting than Jack.
Jacuzzi could be kinda cool in a really cheesy way I guess. For me, it's the "Splot" that throws it into "the fuck is this shit?" territory.

Dear Apple: shit is a word. Deal with it.

Edit: beaten. I don't even know who it is, so eh.

duckroll

Magi - Episode 24

Wow, from a pure action shounen perspective, this episode was really quite entertaining. I think approaching it if it were some random fanservice non-canon OVA or movie re-imagination of the end of the manga Zagan arc, it's pretty fun. Unfortunately as an actual adaptation, this series has really fucking blown it.

There are all the same problems as the rest of the series here - bad voice direction/acting, lots of really unpolished looking B and C tier cuts where the art looks unfinished or just totally undetailed, and the music still feels like the same 5 tracks badly used throughout. But there's a huge action ratio here, and some of the effects and action cuts are pretty exciting.

I'll say this episode is at least on par with the last episode of Magi I bothered to watch, which was I think 14 or something like that. The one where Mor kicks gorillas and shit happens. There's a similar level of "I don't like this show at all, but this episode has entertaining action" involved.

Definitely going to watch the final episode to see how much more Yoshino can fuck this up, and whether the animators have enough passion to try and make it at least impressive looking... if the inbetweens actually arrive on time from China that is! Looooool.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Also I guess nobody here really did watch Gundam Age.

One of the chicks names is Natora Einus. Yeah. It sounds like you think it would :lol

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Welldone the Pussyhand could be the best or the worst name ever depending on how you look at it.

As for non-Tomino names, I have a particularly deep loathing for Waver Velvet. Fate/Zero was full of freaky-ass names for the gaijin characters (Sola-Ui Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri? what the fuck?) but Waver takes the cake. Japan in general is fucking terrible at creating names for gaijin characters and especially Anglosphere characters. More often than not if a name isn't just meaningless Engrish vomit, it's stiltedly Anglo-Saxon.

Darker than your current Doki Doki Precure phase?! ;)

I think you're thinking of Max Heart, bruh. Dokidoki achieved enjoyability with today's episode.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Welldone the Pussyhand could be the best or the worst name ever depending on how you look at it.

As for non-Tomino names, I have a particularly deep loathing for Waver Velvet. Fate/Zero was full of freaky-ass names for the gaijin characters (Sola-Ui Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri? what the fuck?) but Waver takes the cake. Japan in general is fucking terrible at creating names for gaijin characters and especially Anglosphere characters. More often than not if a name isn't just meaningless Engrish vomit, it's stiltedly Anglo-Saxon.

6GVZPB7l.jpg

I think Waver Velvet is an awesome name :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom