• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Doggy Poo

doggypoo.jpg

Even dog turds are discriminated against, meet new "people", say goodbye, cry, have existential crises, fall in love, and eventually like all things, die. :firehawk :roymustang :doggypoo

Thank you, Korea.

Accept the last post on a page LIKE A MAN.
NEVER

cajunator

Banned
Doggy Poo

doggypoo.jpg

Even dog turds are discriminated against, meet new "people", say goodbye, cry, have existential crises, fall in love, and eventually like all things, die. :firehawk :roymustang :doggypoo

Thank you, Korea.

NEVER

Cutest shit ever.
enjoyed this movie.

It's like if Evangelion took place in a high school except the pilots are all catty girls with magical combat powers and tits bigger than their heads and instead of piloting mecha they draw power from men by synchronizing with their wavelength or some shit they all hate each other and constantly fight because there's some kind of neverending contest for supremacy going on at the school and it's awful.

So you're saying I should watch this.

jgminto

I was just wondering, how would you guys do an animeGAF podcast? I just had it on the brain with the PersonaCast and all. I think a book club style thing would be pretty sweet. Suggest an anime, watch it and discuss it with rotating guests and then everyone not on cast talks shit about the cast's terrible opinions.

Narag

I was just wondering, how would you guys do an animeGAF podcast? I just had it on the brain with the PersonaCast and all. I think a book club style thing would be pretty sweet. Suggest an anime, watch it and discuss it with rotating guests and then everyone not on cast talks shit about the cast's terrible opinions.

Needs a Weekly Waifu segment where rotating guests can discuss the merits of their wafius. Infinite Stratos roundtable would be a good way to start.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
T53tN4W.jpg

So, since I outed myself on the gaming side (and a while ago on IRC), I figure I should do it here as well... if only because my two co-hosts aren't GAF members and they probably would like (any!) listeners. lol

I do an anime podcast that was supposed to a community thing for Anime Vice. But since Whiskey Media exploded, we mostly do it for our own edification (and to shoot the shit). I hate my own voice, and looking at how each episode is like 2+ hours long, I assume they're kind of rambling, but if you want to hear yet another uninformed podcast about Japanimation (and here me butcher Japanese names), here's you go:
The Bravo Whiskey podcast
(iTunes)

Apparently my mind broke on episode 1 when I had to talk about SAO, so if you want to hear me lose my mind, that's where it happens. :p

Mature

Yes, this would entertain me greatly.

Jintor

I think this is a pretty good idea.

Even if people drop a series or something they should at least offer hilarious excuses and stuff.

So, first section what you been watching, then bookclub topic, then emails. Woo. It's like we're a bombcast already.

jgminto

I think this is a pretty good idea.

Even if people drop a series or something they should at least offer hilarious excuses and stuff.

So, first section what you been watching, then bookclub topic, then emails. Woo. It's like we're a bombcast already.

So we wouldn't actually talk about anime most of the time?

edit: Also why is Reptar riding a horse in your logo, firehawk?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
sonicmj1 suggested some guys hook up via Skype to get a feel about how it would go. No recording or anything, just to find our legs. I thought it was a good starting point.
You need someone willing to edit the show though. :p

So we wouldn't actually talk about anime most of the time?

edit: Also why is Reptar riding a horse in your logo, firehawk?

One of the hosts made a random joke about what the cover art should be and it just sort of happened. lol

jgminto

If you guys did a cast I'd be interested in participating eventually but my internet isn't super amazing so it probably wouldn't be wise while just starting up.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If we are just talking about things we want I would probably prefer an interview type format to a roundtable. Something where a variety of people could be probed about relevant topics that intersect. Of course I'd imagine it'd be difficult to get anything very consistent when it came to mic quality if you are trying to do something like that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Doggy Poo

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/doggypoo.jpg

Thank you, Korea.

After being "created" by a dog, Doggy Poo meets various living and inanimate things. No one wants to be his friend, and Doggy Poo becomes sad because he believes he is worthless and has no purpose. Eventually, a plant grows out of the ground and tells Doggy Poo that she needs him so she can grow into a flower. Doggy Poo discovers his life purpose and he becomes absorbed by the flower. After being absorbed by the flower, Doggy Poo lives "a happy life".
English-language

I swear that this was a South Park episode featuring Mr. Hanky... lol

Jintor

Crunchyroll's early Gintama episodes have a) about 2 second's worth of audio lag and b) periodically and hilariously pixellate into a hideous mess.

I hope that's just on the android player.

Theonik

AKB0048 NEXT STAGE 12
Kawamoriiiiiiiii!!!! The finalle is setting up to be something amazing though it feels that there should be another season to this somehow.

wonzo

Banned
The Ocean Waves

theoceanwaves.jpg

This was a neat little 72 minute Ghibli movie even if its production values weren't up to the studios usually incredibly high standards. It's about love triangle between two school friends and a new girl whom recently transfer from Tokyo due to family problems and the bullying and isolation she suffers because she's seen as an "other".
I'm kinda glad things ended up on a more upbeat note as I was worried they were gonna turn this into some overly melodramatic thing partway through the film but it fortunately didn't devolve into that.
The only issue I had with this was the music as it felt kinda weak for the most part but that's about it really. There's also some good bits of slapkuga in this (and even a
big meaty punch!
) so you can add that as another reason to check this out.

opmwslapluga.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom