• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Kill La Kill 23

This episode gave me vibes similar to the later episodes of Gurren Lagann, and the fight from the second movie in particular.
Sanageyama gaining his sight back was unexpected - he did only have his eyes sewed shut, not permanently blinded. The new half-Nudist, half-Three Star uniforms were really rad, and just about everything Mako did was incredible.
It was full of action and full of twists, but there'd been enough buildup that I was invested in everything going on.
Ragyo still looks like a third rate Disney villain, but I've come to expect that by now. Seeing all the minor characters from the first few arcs is also a welcome sight. They have an army AND a Hulk,

It's had its ups and downs, but there are so many things I like that I'll walk away from the show with goodwill no matter what happens. Plus there's that bonus episode down the line. Next week is a week of finales, so bring it!

CorvoSol

Corvo pls, Shirley is a veteran who saved us from the neuroi 70 years ago. Also Chuck Yeager continues to not acknowledge my emails containing links to her SW-Wiki article!

TEXAS JACK piloted the TEXAS MACK to defeat DINOSAUR ROBOTS.

439720.gif

I wish I could swap the designs for both shows. That way Tomino gets shit so I'm not remotely tempted to watch the garbage he's going to put out. Instead I'm going to be stuck watching a Tomino show for the character animation. Also chances of the writing being semi-decent are much higher in Captain Earth. Those mech designs in Captain Earth look like a step down from Star Driver.

God damn it, I hate being trapped watching bad anime. Or at the bare minimum, anime I know is probably going to be bad going in.

Hahaha, I wonder if people in Japan are as dismayed at Tomino's writing as people overseas.
Those bastards like CCA so I'm gonna bet no, no they are not.

Syrinx

When I saw the ending I was like whaaaaaaaat!?
Threw me for a loop lol.

I mean, we're not talking anything remotely close to a brain-destroyer like Blood-C, but I still wasn't expecting that. I feel like I kinda should. have...I mean,
when Clef said that "your true enemy is..." (which was still really fucking dumb; what a great time to tell them, "Oh by the way, the one you're here to kill isn't Zagato, it's Emeraude), she crossed my mind, but then I was all "Nah, that makes no goddamn sense". And then I thought his motive was really dumb last episode...but this was before it became clear that they were there to kill Emereaude, and that he hated that it had to be that way for her. Not that that excuses his actions; guy still led the train heading straight for Cephiro's destruction, and he kinda treated his subordinates like shit, but there is a bit of a different light on him..

This was still a very flawed show, and my opinion on the ending may change, but I am surprised by how much I didn't hate it after the second-to-last episode. I am at least more inclined to give the second series a whirl.

Jarmel

Banned
Hahaha, I wonder if people in Japan are as dismayed at Tomino's writing as people overseas.
Those bastards like CCA so I'm gonna bet no, no they are not.

People have shitty taste. SAO being popular anywhere is confirmation of that.

Maybe Tomino will get a good scriptwriter this time?

:(

Branduil

The problem with Tomino's scripts is that they aren't even bad in a pandering kind of way. They're just stilted messes.

Kyuur

Kill la Kill 23

Holy shit the new (Kamui?) outfits for the E4 are great.

Holy shit this episode is so fucking TTGL, I love it.

Looking forward to the finale, also laughed at the 'preview'.

Ryuuko the Hedgehog 17-23

Even when Kill la Kill is "good" it's still pretty dang bad. It's like they decided that continuous, utterly pointless "twists" and overbearing direction were substitutes for actually writing a story with proper dramatic beats and characterization.

Then why did you watch 7 episodes in a row?

Hapiness charge precure - 06
Cure princess get selfish , news at 11..
Future yellow already has all the qualities needed for being a precure , i can't wait to see what events will lead her on that path.

Most stupid magical girl attack ? even "is this a zombie ?" has more grounded magical attack than that one.
So far the card gimmick is still there in full force , gotta sell them all.

They put cure peace + cure lemonade together for the movie ? Overkill ? overkill !

Dead

well not really...yet
Even Turn-A was a fucking mess in that regards.

I know this going in but the Yoshida designs....

Why.jpg
lol

I guess you are watching Overman?

It's a fun show with great art direction, but the story, characters, motivations make no fucking sense haha. I think it's total nonsense in the best way though, as it stays fun. Just dont think too hard about it.

editL holy fuck, nevermind, Yoshida working on new Tomino show? haha, fuck yes.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Kill la Kill Episode 23
I am so. fucking. HYPED for next week!
nonon looking delicious in her new goku uniform

CorvoSol

KdqTnDZ.jpg

Oh I forgot a Tomino show means Tomino names. Will Shot Weapon be topped?!

Ten bucks on "Bitch Womangirl" for the leading lady. Or is that too subtle for Tomino?

lol

It's a fun show with great art direction, but the story, characters, motivations make no fucking sense haha. I think it's total nonsense in the best way though, as it stays fun. Just dont think too hard about it.

Tomino is actually at his best when he goes crazy. Serious Gundam is shit. Goofy, wacky, crazy Gundam is the kind that matters.

Dead

well not really...yet
Oh man, just saw the trailer. Looks bright, colorful and full of character!

Yoshida da gawd. By far the best character designer in the entire god damn industry. Plus dat design staff.

Jarmel

Banned
lol

I already saw Overman.

cajunator

Banned
I mean, we're not talking anything remotely close to a brain-destroyer like Blood-C, but I still wasn't expecting that. I feel like I kinda should. have...I mean,
when Clef said that "your true enemy is..." (which was still really fucking dumb; what a great time to tell them, "Oh by the way, the one you're here to kill isn't Zagato, it's Emeraude), she crossed my mind, but then I was all "Nah, that makes no goddamn sense". And then I thought his motive was really dumb last episode...but this was before it became clear that they were there to kill Emereaude, and that he hated that it had to be that way for her. Not that that excuses his actions; guy still led the train heading straight for Cephiro's destruction, and he kinda treated his subordinates like shit, but there is a bit of a different light on him..

This was still a very flawed show, and my opinion on the ending may change, but I am surprised by how much I didn't hate it after the second-to-last episode. I am at least more inclined to give the second series a whirl.

Yeah it was pretty surprising. Seemed like a hell of a way to accomplish that.
Regarding S2 I havent watched a whole lot yet but I do have it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 23:

I hear the complaints every week, and there is much merit to them and yet at the end of the day Kill la Kill still remains to be watchable through this last arc.Indeed this episode plays the penultimate episode cards pretty straight in order to have the final showdown yet it does things really damn enjoyably, I will give Kill la Kill this, much like Tenga Toppa it is at is best mean it moves with manic energy and being fun and happy.
Mako and Ryuko are so kissing after this ordeal is over. Also, I like the Regalia Final Uniforms even though they feel kind of useless since we are upgrading the support staff here.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kill la Kill 23

This show is 200% concentrated hype. Can't wait for the finale!

Not sure why I'm spoilering this, but:

So, who's gonna die? There's no way all of the heroes are making it out of this alive.

Midonin

Chu2Koi Ren 11

I really enjoyed the Dark Flame Dragon sequence. Taken metaphorically, it's clear that it's all a stage for Satone and Rikka to work out their love triangle, but seeing it animated, how must it have looked in their heads, was fascinating. The coins, the stone, they all had no meaning. But the Lite episode from the movie factored into the story here, and thanks to the characters, they were given meaning. It's almost inspiring. Even Shinka and Kumin can't resist the story - both of them think it's fun, even if they want to forget it/don't understand it. That Yuuta was able to pull this off... made for a really enjoyable episode. In a different way than KLK 23, but the emotions it summoned up were of similar strength.

So what will they do for the last one?

Everytime I think I can't possible have more anime in my backlog, I always find more.

FUCK. STOP PILING UP.
actually please doing so, I'll be sad when I have no backlog

Gazoinks

Jojo 13

And then Stroheim died never again to appear. Definitely. Not ever. Nope. Too bad German science isn't the best in the woooooorld.

I had forgotten how gross the Santana fight is. Part 2 really turns up the body horror.

Caesar next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom