• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the buses to pick up my grandmother for dialsys have been pulled of the road, she should be okay to wait another day or two but doesn't stop me from worrying...-_-

WedgeX

Banned
the buses to pick up my grandmother for dialsys have been pulled of the road, she should be okay to wait another day or two but doesn't stop me from worrying...-_-

I'm a social worker and a couple of my clients are having this same problem today. Hoping that everyone is alright for a few days.

Baltimore County, MD. Going to have to shovel off my deck at some point.

0757n6q.jpg

Retro

We had a break in the snow here in N. Delaware, when I went to bed at 3:30am it was coming down heavy but at some point it fell off (here's 8am, when I got up for a bit), then picked up around 9am. Here's a quick picture I took just now of the drifts forming on / around the cars in the parking lot.

Here's Lewes, Delaware (Rehoboth Beach), which hasn't been getting much snow but that coastal flooding is a bitch;

Looks like we're back to light dry snow at the moment, but this storm has all damn day to pile up. Right now the wind is the big concern.

Around 16 inches so far in Gaithersburg, MD, and still snowing.

Back deck

Front driveway

I've been doing this for years, and I think it may be the single smartest thing I've ever thought of. I put tarps on my cars and driveway, and when I shovel (or rather, pay someone else to do it), at a certain point you can just drag the tarps away and your cars and driveway are completely clear of snow and ice.

Shoveling fresh snow is fairly easy since they don't get stuck. I only hate it after people had been walking on them for a while and compacted everything. Have to slam the shovel into the snow to nake it move.

FTF

I hate this so much...screw anyone who was happy about all this snow. Getting up to 2 feet now in NY/Long Island and the wind is terrible. Everything about this weather sucks.

effzee

I saw a clip of DiBlasio conference and he said could be top 5 snow storm all time with snow projections from 25-30 inches.

Doesn't seem possible. NYC is almost ready to be shut down completely with a ban on travel and MTA shutdown.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Well they got the power back on, so at least I can charge my phone and play PS4 again.

Though I should probably clean off my car once before it gets dark, not that I'm going anywhere

Mahonay

Banned
I saw a clip of DiBlasio conference and he said could be top 5 snow storm all time with snow projections from 25-30 inches.

Doesn't seem possible. NYC is almost ready to be shut down completely with a ban on travel and MTA shutdown.
MTA already scheduled the last trains to be at noon. My girlfriend is almost home from her retail job, they sent everyone home at about 11.

My dad sent me pictures from his house in southern PA in Lancaster. It already looks like they have 2 feet of snow.

We were supposed to get an Amazon Fresh order tomorrow and I was going to get a desperately needed hair cut. Fuck.

Well I got home. Spent the night in Wilmington, then made it back to Holly Springs this morning.

But no power. And early estimates from Duke Power suggest it might be Monday 11pm before we get it back.

Fucking hell

Around 16 inches so far in Gaithersburg, MD, and still snowing.

Back deck

Front driveway

I've been doing this for years, and I think it may be the single smartest thing I've ever thought of. I put tarps on my cars and driveway, and when I shovel (or rather, pay someone else to do it), at a certain point you can just drag the tarps away and your cars and driveway are completely clear of snow and ice.

I've never thought of the tarps, but that's really smart.

Nipo

We have almost two feet in DC now. Just got a call from my Barber saying that I have a haircut today, they are open, and they are going to charge a cancellation fee for people who no show.

Wow looks like NYC is surpassing the estimates. All the groceries and bodegas around me are still open tho.

Gonna play Last of Us and make a beef stew. :D

This wind is the most brutal part (i hate long island). Just glad I added a few extra straps to my car covers. Also got some gnarly drifts in my yard, i'll hopefully get some pics if the snow stops.

We have almost two feet in DC now. Just got a call from my Barber saying that I have a haircut today, they are open, and they are going to charge a cancellation fee for people who no show.

What barbershop is that? Just so I know never to patronize them, ever.

Also, time to walk from Chinatown to the Cap Hill area. I'll try to get pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom