• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravijn

Buried in Harrisburg, PA. At least 12-14 on the ground already. Don't know if I want bother trying to shovel. lol.

I live outside of Philadelphia(Levittown) and there's about that much on the ground and snow drifts about 3ft tall. I just got in from shoveling a little bit and its BAD.

This is going to take multiple attempts to dig my cars out.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I taped a 2' ruler to a post on my back deck; it's completely buried. Looking at other markers I put outside in other places we've easily got a solid 24" in Northern Loudoun county VA, with another 12 hours to go. Lots of drifting.

Demoskinos

A1ZGTUS.jpg

Damn poor little guy. :(

_Ryo_

I'm in a rural area in Va and well, the roads remain unplowed. So I'm stuck at home... The snow has stopped but is supposed to start again later today.

There was also a scare yesterday when the breaker tripped and we thought it was a power outrage.

Snow is very pretty but god damn I hate it.

I live outside of Philadelphia(Levittown) and there's about that much on the ground and snow drifts about 3ft tall. I just got in from shoveling a little bit and its BAD.

This is going to take multiple attempts to dig my cars out.

Drifts and the wind aren't too bad here but bad enough. As long as the power grid holds. As several have said already - I don't mind being snowed in as long as I have power.

Next time I'll plan to get trapped at my own house and not my significant others

Much rather be playing my xbox over this family time Mario feast we decided on. Everyone got drunk off wine and went to bed early. Nothing to do but watch archer and think about the all my buds playing cod in what feels like miles away.

On another note they weren't bsing. Rockland county NY and it looks like I'm not going anywhere today.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Central NJ (ocean county)

Power went out about an hour ago, sounded like a transformer may have exploded. Heard a bunch of sirens shortly after.

Got my Vita fully charged, so I've got a couple hours of entertainment I guess.

owlbeak

Woke up and checked snow here in Western WV and I've got 10" on my back porch. Still snowing. Supposed to stop around 7pm.

Good luck to everyone who are getting 12+

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Got about about 4 to 6 inches outside, wind is gusty and constantly blowing. My dog loves it though, been running around outside for a while now.

I'm watching dead snow 2 red vs dead. A perfect movie for a snowed in day. Hilariously gory and over the top. The even break the don't kill kids horror movie rule early on! Best failed attempt at reviving someone since the Thing.

Getting home from an evening shift in NYC takes long enough with the trains running local and buses coming every hour at night, fuck it, not going in.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Mann god daaamn everything is buried under the fucking snow and I was out shoveling till around midnight last night. Cars are not even visible, just white lumps in the streets lmao. We gon be shovelin today non-stop. Dear back, don't fail me now!

According to weather.com hourly forecast snow won't stop until 2am Sunday monrning, i won't be doing any type of shoveling until tomorrow,,,

Laws00

Central NJ (ocean county)

Power went out about an hour ago, sounded like a transformer may have exploded. Heard a bunch of sirens shortly after.

Got my Vita fully charged, so I've got a couple hours of entertainment I guess.

Manchester aka the McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst where I live at is okay at least in my area

Tendo

14 inches here already near Harrisburg PA. They put our prediction now at 30 inches. I just used the snowblower and I'm afraid of how much gas I have left :( Helped the neighbor finish their driveway, turned around, and already had to do my own again and I think its coming down even harder now.

I haven't seen snow like this since the blizzard of 1990 when I was a little kid. So much so fast.

Diablos

About the same here south of Pittsburgh. We just got upgraded to two feet by tomorrow. Yup. not going to work tomorrow. Fuck that noise.
Did you use the Turnpike last night? It was horrible. Apparently the National Guard has been called to help clean it up.

Chucker

According to weather.com hourly forecast snow won't stop until 2am Sunday monrning, i won't be doing any type of shoveling until tomorrow,,,

This is what I'm doing. I know I should be keeping up with it, but there is nowhere to go and we don't have a sidewalk, just gravel driveway.
The road is 100% impassable too so it's not like I'm going anywhere.

I'm glad that 20 years later, my kids are having the same awesome experience I did in 96. They were out racing down the street earlier, and my oldest is trying to build a tunnel in the snow drifts that are forming.

Shadybiz

Not TOO bad in Waterford Twp, NJ, but not great either. Just had about 7 eggs and some bacon; now sufficiently fueled up to do some shoveling. Really just hoping the power doesn't go out...we live in the sticks.

Here on Cape Cod the snow isn't due for another couple of hours. So I'm going out for a run. The high wind warning doesn't start for about half an hour. It'll be fine.

kaskade

Yup most weather stations were saying I'd have like 5 inches of snow. Already at maybe 2-3 and it's been snowing a couple of hours. They really started upgrading my area late last night. Now everywhere is saying I could be in the foot range.

zeroroute

Banned
Rural area outside Raleigh here. Using generator and a kerosene heater. No internet but offline games and mobile GAF will keep me entertained

My driveway is LONG and stretches far away from the street. I'm not sure if I will have to call someone to personally plow us out when this stops. It's deep AF like going past 2ft at this point.

My driveway is LONG and stretches far away from the street. I'm not sure if I will have to call someone to personally plow us out when this stops. It's deep AF like going past 2ft at this point.
Same here my driveway is half a mile long and we've gone over 2 feet at this point. Although I pulled my car to the front of the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom