• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Zero

img_0010ztkcy.png

Man, this looks like my settlement in Fallout with all those wires

WedgeX

Banned

Four blocks from the Capitol building pre-storm.

6pm yesterday.

9am today.

The plows are going by infrequently. No cars at all and people are out and about on the streets. My car is under a three foot show drift. Its great. Spent a good hour and a half shoveling today...which is something, living in the basement of a rowhouse and all.

sphagnum

Banned
Had to shovel my car out, then my windshield wiper broke while I was trying to leave. Then had to shovel my girlfriend's car out and discovered once I got out of the apartment complex that the road had not been plowed. I got stuck in the snow twice trying to get to work. I'm amazed I got to work only 4 minutes late.

Had to shovel my car out, then my windshield wiper broke while I was trying to leave. Then had to shovel my girlfriend's car out and discovered once I got out of the apartment complex that the road had not been plowed. I got stuck in the snow twice trying to get to work. I'm amazed I got to work only 4 minutes late.

Not that this advice comes to you in time to be useful, but folks around here put their wipers up before a storm to avoid them getting frozen. Something to think about in the future.

Not that this advice comes to you in time to be useful, but folks around here put their wipers up before a storm to avoid them getting frozen. Something to think about in the future.

Do people not run their car before leaving? I never put my wipers up, but I also run my car for a good 10 minutes with the defroster on to make sure shit isn't frozen.

Eidan

How bad is it really out there. I've been staring at everything from the fairly limited view of my patio and it seems like snowfall has been light all morning.

sphagnum

Banned

I did! Nature just really didn't want me to come into work today, and I fought back.

Do people not run their car before leaving? I never put my wipers up, but I also run my car for a good 10 minutes with the defroster on to make sure shit isn't frozen.

Also did that.

How bad is it really out there. I've been staring at everything from the fairly limited view of my patio and it seems like snowfall has been light all morning.

Where are you?

Here in coastal NJ we probably have 10-12 inches already, with probably 14-20 in areas with drift. The wind is pretty intense at times too.

Carl2282

Out near g-burg MD myself... Theres a plow stuck in my parking lot. I went out to help and snow came up to my calves (I'm 6'1"). Sad part is... It's still snowing.
Yeah it looks like snow drifts are taking snow up to the bottom of the stop sign in my parking lot. It already looks like what we got in 2010. Hard to imagine it's going to snow for another 12 hours

Chucker

I don't have county sewer at my house, but there is a pvc inspection pipe in my yard near the drainfield of my septic. The county has like 6 trucks up and down my street and they're all looking into it.

I'm assuming if something were up they'd come knock on my door, but they aren't... soooooo.

The Jersey Shore is getting wrecked, lots of rescues and evacuations. The first high tide in Delaware set a new record, beat the old one set by Sandy.

Coming down hard here in Wayne PA, probably 15 inches in my backyard, hard to tell with all of the drifting

The Jersey Shore is getting wrecked, lots of rescues and evacuations. The first high tide in Delaware set a new record, beat the old one set by Sandy.

Coming down hard here in Wayne PA, probably 15 inches in my backyard, hard to tell with all of the drifting

Cape May and barrier islands are probably going to get rocked pretty good from the coastal flooding.

WedgeX

Banned
Oh. One thing I saw last night which was crazy was guys from either the Architect of the Capitol or the contractors doing the Capitol Building renovations clearing off snow from the scaffolding around the Capitol Dome. No thanks.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Don't overdo the shoveling guys. Heavy wet snow shoveling causes heart attacks every time one of these storms comes around.

I mean, yeah, but people on NeoGAF are generally young, and you don't often see ~30 year olds dying of heart attacks regardless of snow.

Knoxville got squat. Already melting and the clouds are clearing. Definitely a bit of a letdown compared to Wednesday's. My mom sent me a pic of the house in the tri cities and they got a decent amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom