• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout 2048 |OT| Back to the Future

Massa

Neat, the online campaign just reseted itself, for the second time, at level 18.

I'm done with this game.

Do you have "near" enabled?

I ask because Uncharted: GA also has a bug where your stats will reset, and I read some people think that's related to near.

mandiller

I need some help.

Everytime I launch Wipeout it doesn't connect to PSN. It says 'connecting' and the little thing spins around but it never completes. Leaving it for over a minute doesn't even give out an error code. It just keeps trying to connect. All my other games are working fine and I can connect online easily. Anyone else having this issue?

leroidys

How is this game for someone who has fury/hd and likes them quite a bit, but is not super hardcore about them? Is it worthwhile for the few new tracks? Is the gameplay mixed up at all?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How is this game for someone who has fury/hd and likes them quite a bit, but is not super hardcore about them? Is it worthwhile for the few new tracks? Is the gameplay mixed up at all?
It would probably be perfect for you. The game is easier for the most part, and they do change up the gameplay a little with different ship types and offensive\defensive weapon pads.

alexfont

Neo Member
I have the HD version but played few and I confess I didn't notice the differences in gameplay. I get this game because I prefer this style of games as portable. The thing I dislike is the loading times, even with the last updates they take too much time. The graphics are the best I've see so far for the Vita

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, got around to playing this and cleared the single player campaign.

Good:
-Track design is really fantastic for the new tracks. Learning the tracks down pat is so much fun. Just wish there were more!
-Zomg graphics (although at times I almost think there's image overload with this game and occasionally it's hard to see the track)
-Zomg Wipeout gameplay; great sense of speed

Bad:
-Combat races are still gimmicky
-"Forced" races where you have to use a certain ship type which is at a disadvantage to all the opponent ships. THIS IS LAME. There was so much of this in the end of the campaign. Freaking annoying.
-Can't change ship without leaving a race and thus having to sit through the entire 40 second load again. This especially sucks when you come from one type of event (combat for instance) and go to another (race for instance) forgetting to go to the GARAGE and change ships between.
-Loading. I don't even care about the initial 40 second load, but the 5 second+ load on retries and the can't change ships on retries thing got a bit annoying on some tracks.

Middleground:
-Ship types add variety, yet shuffling ships that handle differently and throw you off is eh
-Splitting up powerups into offensive/defensive pads has ups & downs
-Single player campaign is ~6-8 hours short like every Wipeout campaign; why can't they make reverse versions of the tracks to at least double the track count (10 is solid, but not spectacular)
-Zone is less wow than it was when first introduced
-Control seemed a bit twitchy to me using the d-pad + L/R. Felt like I had better control on the PSP Wipeouts and PS3 Wipeout.
-30fps. Honestly didn't even notice it, but 60fps would still be better!

I love Wipeout games but I wish their campaigns weren't so freaking short. I always finish them up in like a week. If they did reverse courses, the SP campaign could have doubled in length right there. Sure the tracks don't work as-is in reverse because of jumps and stuff but I'm sure they could add a couple of ramps, change one or two sections and make it work and still be less work than making a whole new track.

Didn't touch the MP campaign. Might one day, but not really interested as I don't tend to game online. 2048 feels like a good launch game, just like Wipeout Pure was a good early PSP game. Hopefully they do another one that's even more fleshed out like how Pulse was 2x the better sequel in every way to Pure (might have the order of the psp ones backwards, it's been a while and they sound too damn similar :p).

mangaroo

Banned
Not sure about HD but 2048 should be announced soon as they keep replying on their Facebook wall.

Got my wipeout poster today from the competition they had recently:

Raine

Not sure about HD but 2048 should be announced soon as they keep replying on their Facebook wall.

Got my wipeout poster today from the competition they had recently:

Sorry. I meant the DLC (HD/Fury tracks add-on) that's supposed to be coming for people who bought both games. Not DLC for the actual game Wipeout HD

If you purchase WipEout 2048, you will be able to download WipEout 2048’s DLC packs, WipEout HD and HD Fury for free when they launch on PS Vita later this spring (if you already own the PS3 versions)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/16/3-great-reasons-to-try-ps-vitaps3-cross-play-content/

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I wonder what "Soon" was supposed to mean. I doubt they would announce any DLC or anything for this at E3, it's just not meaningful enough and won't sell Vitas. Edit: I see they said later this spring, and we're about to move into summer in a few weeks. So maybe we'll hear something before too long.

But I've had the entire single player campaign Elite Passed for a while now and aside from Gravity Rush soon, there's not exactly anything else I'm interested in playing on Vita. Hopefully whatever DLC they do release (on top of the HD/Fury tracks) is fairly substantial.

I think I have to admit I'm in my 30's and I just don't have the reflexes for this game without assist on.

I go from 5th to 8th for one mistake. Game just isn't fun for me ATM. The shame... Oh the shame...

Ran rp

Facebook tease.

From the general advice thread.

PSY・S;38998021 said:
I checked and the screenshot is real. Here's one I just snapped now:

isdjV8zSsIzS.jpg

US account here.

PSY・S;38998358 said:
I'm not sure about all of the content, but it looks like all of the single player events are included. These are the trophies at the bottom of the HD/Fury lists.

ix1Ae8eyfw1wZ.jpg

i7FkTePrywjuI.jpg

iPk5c5dPSmv44.jpg

PSY・S;38998901 said:
Nope. Here are the full trophy lists:

WipEout HD

Step into HD
Uplift Champion
Warped Champion
Frenzy Champion
Vertigo Champion
Head Rush Champion
Speed Freak Champion
Dropzone Champion
Meltdown Champion
2048 - WipEout HD All Complete
2048 - WipEout HD All Gold

WipEout HD Fury

Leap into Fury
Blitzed Champion
Impact Champion
Voltage Champion
Turbulence Champion
Vortex Champion
Corruption Champion
Nuked Champion
Aftermath Champion
2048 - WipEout HD Fury All Complete
2048 - WipEout HD Fury All Gold

There are no hidden trophies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The PS Blog post didn't say anything about Racebox mode, sounds like it's just the campaigns. The game definitely needs Racebox, though. It's such an odd omission.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Some of these levels are real annoying, is there an easier way to rank up or I'm going to have to spend time playing though the MP Canpaign.

I can't remember which level it is, two before the very last 2050 campaign, but god is that a pain in the ass.

Arukado

Do you have "near" enabled?

I ask because Uncharted: GA also has a bug where your stats will reset, and I read some people think that's related to near.
Nope, i didn't have near enabled.

Anyways, i started the multiplayer campaign again but stopped at level 10 because i'm playing other games right now
and because i'm tired of playing battles again and again, and again...

Still waiting for a 2048 online racebox mode.

Hmm.... Is this thread still alive? Doesn't look like it, but what the hell, I'll ask anyways.

Is there some sort of glitch going on in multiplayer? Sometimes I might run across someone that will keep getting quakes non-stop. Not in just one combat race, but in a whole lot in a row of them.

It's kinda pissing me off :S

I only have a few nodes in the MP to complete for the plat but this quake thing is driving me crazy :|

leroidys

So you have to get an elite pass in every A+ challenge to get the platinum, I take it? FFFFFffffffuuuuu I thought I just had to elite pass the regular board for that one trophy.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I thought you only had to Elite Pass one A+ challenge for the plat?

I didn't bother getting it, but I did win every A+ challenge because why the hell not.

leroidys

I thought you only had to Elite Pass one A+ challenge for the plat?

I didn't bother getting it, but I did win every A+ challenge because why the hell not.

Thank god. My "elite completist" trophy didn't pop when I elite passed my last regular campaign race, so I feared the worst. I just checked my trophies now and its there. Now I just have to grind it out in the online campaign :(

Thank god. My "elite completist" trophy didn't pop when I elite passed my last regular campaign race, so I feared the worst. I just checked my trophies now and its there. Now I just have to grind it out in the online campaign :(

and what a grind it is.

I only got a few nodes on Level 20 left now. I can practically taste that platinum!!! :p

ajim

Wow. I suck at this game lol. The C events were pretty easy, then I get to B and I'm struggling.

Very pretty tho.

I own wipeout 2048 bought it from overseas but I don't have a network pass.
I also own wipeout HD/fury on ps3.

I downloaded the wipeout fury/HD game pack from the stores.

Once they were downloaded, they wouldn't install.

In my notifications it just says waiting to install...
When I click on it nothing happens, it just won't install them.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The game packs were free btw, didn't have to pay for them since I own the ps3 versions.

Is there a reason behind this?

I own wipeout 2048 bought it from overseas but I don't have a network pass.
I also own wipeout HD/fury on ps3.

I downloaded the wipeout fury/HD game pack from the stores.

Once they were downloaded, they wouldn't install.

In my notifications it just says waiting to install...
When I click on it nothing happens, it just won't install them.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The game packs were free btw, didn't have to pay for them since I own the ps3 versions.

Is there a reason behind this?

Generally you just start up the WipeOut game as you would normally and they should install then. Shouldn't matter how you got them though.

Pejo

So I just got my Vita a little early for xmas. Checked out some of my PS+ freebie games.....

And totally stopped playing anything else after this.

What a fantastic game. Soundtrack, style, tracks, sense of speed. I'm usually not huge into racing games nor am I a huge WipEout fan. I bought HD and Fury but they were just distractions for a bit. Something about 2048 definitely is different, besides the 30FPS, that actually makes me want to keep playing. Maybe its the fact my Vita is new, but I feel this game is really something special.

I've been mainly working at unlocking new ships for now, but can't wait to take it online and check it out. I also have to read up on cross play and I seem to remember some advertising that gives you something special if you own HD+Fury and 2048.

I almost feel like just buying the game anyways, despite having it for free.

DBT85

I've been mainly working at unlocking new ships for now, but can't wait to take it online and check it out. I also have to read up on cross play and I seem to remember some advertising that gives you something special if you own HD+Fury and 2048.

If you own HD/Fury digitally on your PS3, you can download a couple of DLCs for 2048 that bring those campaigns in. The game becomes even bigger and better.

Still a shame that Liverpool got shut down, though the rumour mill suggests that people ended up at other Sony studios like Evolution.

leroidys

So I just got my Vita a little early for xmas. Checked out some of my PS+ freebie games.....

And totally stopped playing anything else after this.

What a fantastic game. Soundtrack, style, tracks, sense of speed. I'm usually not huge into racing games nor am I a huge WipEout fan. I bought HD and Fury but they were just distractions for a bit. Something about 2048 definitely is different, besides the 30FPS, that actually makes me want to keep playing. Maybe its the fact my Vita is new, but I feel this game is really something special.

I almost feel like just buying the game anyways, despite having it for free.

I had the exact same experience. This game came with my vita, and I ended up playing nothing else for three weeks. No other wipeout game grabbed me like that, and certainly no other racing game in quite a long time. It really is something special, IMO.

Deimo5

I was excited to get the platinum in this but the multiplayer is such a drag. Annoying objectives, occasional random disconnects, just hope that node reset thing doesn't happen. It's good otherwise.

Top Bottom