• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout 2048 |OT| Back to the Future

I get an error rather frequently shortly after I boot up. I was able to connect to the server on the first two days that I played (February 22 & 23), as well as on one other random instance about 3 or 4 days ago. Every other time that I've started up the game, it gives me an error.

By the way, I've never tried playing a game online yet. However, the network connection affects whether I can see the best scores/lap times on the event setup screens. If I cannot connect to PSN, then I cannot see my friends' best records or the worldwide best records (it simply won't allow me to scroll to "select" those lists).

I think that's a different kind of error, you may want to try forwarding 10060-10080 (udp and tcp) on your router and see if that helps.

This is about the people that has working leaderboards, but when trying to use the online modes (the matchmaking, to be precise) gets kicked out to the main menu with the same message every single day since launch.

PSN: Stud_Kick_Ass is you need that. Still no luck after two weeks of trying.

Thanks, every ID is helpful and I've got quite a few already. I hope they can get it fixed soon. :)

To the people affected by the "Signed out of PSN" issue (and only this one): it has now been fixed. At least me and two other guys affected by it can now play online.

I want to think my email to Stuart Lovegrove helped fix the problem. My theory was that they had left the Sony's online swear filter (present in betas like KZ3, or text chat on XMB and GT5) on and that's why it kicked us to the main menu the moment we tried to access matchmaking.

All of us had some kind of filtered word or combination of letters, like Stud_Kick_Ass, Fat_Smelly_Ass, iossukke, Kitsuko, ridgey, villagehymn or EdgeyPoo and others. Even an ID with "gehy" or "a55" in the end got filtered. That explains why none of us could fix it and it seemed really random.

So glad it got fixed!! They still haven't replied confirming that was indeed the issue but I'll feel useful anyway lol :p

MDSLKTR

OMG my first time experiencing the SOL track in campaign. Holy fucking wow. Best track in a wipeout ever? Elite trials on this will be brutal.

SharkJAW

Has anyone Elite passed an A+ challenge? It's ridiculous :|

Did one myself. If anything, wait until you unlock the track that you're most comfortable with. What really blew my mind, though, is how I would use the Feisar prototype (with the speed gauge filled, mind you) and the AI would manage to zoom right past me. It took many tries to finally get it to work.

Raine

Did one myself. If anything, wait until you unlock the track that you're most comfortable with. What really blew my mind, though, is how I would use the Feisar prototype (with the speed gauge filled, mind you) and the AI would manage to zoom right past me. It took many tries to finally get it to work.

I had first and on the last stretch of the track a fucking ship came out of nowhere and swept it from me.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Elite Passed the Unity Square A+ challenge. What a thrill, I actually led like half the race. Heart was pounding by the end, I was just waiting to screw up or watch one of the opponents fly by me at the last second.

SharkJAW

Elite Passed the Unity Square A+ challenge. What a thrill, I actually led like half the race. Heart was pounding by the end, I was just waiting to screw up or watch one of the opponents fly by me at the last second.

My exact sentiments.

Does anyone else feel that the objectives for the online campaign are heavily skewed towards combat? Normally, I wouldn't mind, but combat really isn't good at all. Perhaps its just my preference to actual racing vs. basically having the luck of the draw in combat.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Elite Passing the Altima combat mode makes the A+ challenges seem easy. 100 points in 2 minutes on this track is just ridiculous, I don't see how anyone has managed this. In like an hour of trying my record is 49 (new record! 55 60 68 69 71!). My average is probably closer to 30.

Cannons being so common doesn't help. I've gotten to the point I just absorb them and go for something else rather than trying to use it.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
STOP VOTING COMBAT in Multiplayer. Jesus Christ! No! Wish this mode wasn't in the game at all. Tacking on combat to race tracks instead of making custom arenas is always awful.

woah there, what the hell? This been moved to Community already?!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, that's kind of embarrassing. I guess if I'd updated my game I'd have already passed this event, apparently they adjusted the Elite Pass to 60. Wonder if I'll get the Elite Pass retroactively or if I'll have to do it again.

Edit: Not retroactive. Tired of that event, time to get it over with.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Elite passed the single player campaign and 3 of the A+ challenges. Two more unlocked to do. Empire Climb one was pretty easy, honestly. Think it took four tries?

And I haven't touched the speed laps. Looks like they don't have any goals?

Edit: Man, I hate Capital Reach.

Edit: Skipped Capital Reach for now, did Metro Park, only took 2 tries for that A+ challenge.

I must suck bad at this game. The third to last course in the main campaign took me for fucking ever and now I'm stuck on the final one. How the hell am I supposed to get 2nd when I can hardly catch up with any of the ships?

Tratorn

How can i upload my times manually?
I played offline and got a new record on one track, but now when i'm online there is still my old time in the highscorelist of my friends.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Take THAT Capital Reach!

Tried it again and failed miserably. Gave an agility ship a spin, but didn't really help at all. Went back to good old Feisar Speed, and took the win easily. Maintained a consistent 2+ second lead on the last 6 laps.

5 A+ challenges down. Expecting Rockwell to be rough, that's probably my second worst track after Capital Reach. Can't believe the trophy is for only completing one of these, should have been all of them.

Edit: Don't want to double post, but beat Rockwell Stadium on sheer luck. Last 3 pickups were turbos, and I turbo'd the hell out of the last leg of the course and just barely finished in first. 6 A+ challenges down.

Edit: Downtown done. Just leaves Subway, Sol, and Altima. Don't have them unlocked though. Time to grind or hit up multiplayer I guess.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
woot

IS7m8.jpg

Has anyone Elite passed an A+ challenge? It's ridiculous :|

It's seriously all luck and I kind of hate it, you could be doing great for the first 8 laps and then have everything go to shit the last two. I got lucky on my first try on the first A+ challenge and elite passed it.

I just played Sol for the first time.

Now my eyes are bleeding adrenaline! :( Not looking forward to Sol zone event, haha.

For some reason the Sol zone event was the easiest of them all for me, I got a perfect lap almost every time and was able to unlock the Mach 1.5 trophy on it.

PSY・S;36117446 said:
I just got an Elite Pass on the Downtown time trial with a time of 1:48:00, lol.

Oh my God I had the same thing happen to me, except I came within .05 seconds of not passing.

EULiB.jpg

Side note, why the hell can't you take screenshots of this screen?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my God I had the same thing happen to me, except I came within .05 seconds of not passing.

WP_000021%20(2).jpg

Side note, why the hell can't you take screenshots of this screen?

It's pretty lame, they seem to have disabled screenshots for the entire game so the in-race photomode is the only way to take any screenshots.

punkypine

there's no racebox mode - does that mean that all the HD and HD Fury tracks to be added are worthless unless you play online?

Dunan

Finally playing this game and am loving it!

I'm about to add some of you GAFfers so please add me too.

GAF: Dunan
PSN: Heian_Xavier

ReaperXL7

So I just picked up Wipeout yesterday, and I have to say that this game is a blast. It's really strange because for the most part i've never really been into Racing games all that much, and I was hesitant to pick up Wipeout, but a friend recommended it to me, and I tried the demo and it's great so far.

I have no gotten very far, just finished my first championship race, but it's really something else. I also really like the community features, it's really easy to track the leaderboards, and compare stats with friends.

If anyone on Gaf would like to Add me feel free

ReaperXL7 on PSN

Will be adding who I can in the morning, but for now gotta get some sleep.

Bumhead

Banned
Has there been any word on plans to release the soundtrack?

I want to give them my money for a copy of the OST. This is the best since 2097.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Elite passed the Altima A+ Challenge this morning. So that's all 10 Elite Passed.

Ready for DLC.

Edit: And one thing that's REALLY annoying about this game is that it makes you sit there as the point counter goes up to like 2000-3000 after you lose an A+ challenge before it gives you some useless tip. They need to fix that so you don't have to sit through it. It's not particularly long (like 10 seconds usually), but it's still annoying since it's just a waste of time.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Found this for the patch contents. And apparently DLC announcements will be coming "soon."

Spurious times in leaderboards will be cleared out during regular maintenance. Exploits to get the spurious times have now been fixed.
You should be able to find a lot more people now (Via online multiplayer)
Patches 1.02 and 2.5 fix all known runtime issues on both games. Stability should be improved.
Additionally for Vita load times are sped up again.
Cross Play has been added to the PS3 version too!

Massa

Did they say anything about how the HD/Pure DLC will work? I still haven't finished those two campaigns so the idea of importing them to the Vita and having them there is wonderful.

Top Bottom