• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout 2048 |OT| Back to the Future

Ragus

Banned
I have a a tough time with 2049 Elite 2 on Metro Park.

Any advice how to beat 2:05? 2:10 is the most I can get out of it :(

Murkas

I know it's easier said but the boost pads do help a lot, each one can shave off 0.5-1 second so try and aim for them. Also go for speed with the vehicle selection, I think Feisar is the fastest one you will have at that point.

I'm in the 2050 season so I can't remember what else I did to get the elite pass, I don't think that level had a shortcut.

Also make sure that your favourite soundtrack is playing as you attempt it so you get the pump.

Wazzim

Banned

I also got 2:10 and decided to wait for some faster vehicles, I will be tackling those harder elite passes once I get a nice piranha speed ship.

Number45

Oh c'mon, how the hell am I gonna Elite Pass SOL zone. Jesus christ :(

Same as the guys above, I'm waiting for the right vehicles to unlock (and making the assumption that I'll suck less by that point) if there are any that seem impossible to elite right now. Or have you unlocked them all? I'm slowly making my way through 2049 at the moment so I have some way to go.

I also got 2:10 and decided to wait for some faster vehicles, I will be tackling those harder elite passes once I get a nice piranha speed ship.

I was disappointed when i unlocked Piranha speed, it handles like a tank! Hopefully the other 2 i've yet to unlock are better.

I passed this on my second go, on the bus to work no less! I used AG Agility and it was pretty easy i thought.

Kerrby

Banned
Jesus Christ. I've tweeted several times, I've even written an email to wipeout2048@scee but I never got a single answer and I still can't use the online modes. I'm seriously pissed.

I tweeted the dude last night and he tweeted back straight away telling me to email them at that address with my PSN ID so we'll see if they get back to me.

Can't access online modes either, are you in the UK/AU with a 3G vita?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
How do you get a crossplay game going on this? My mate is accessing the crossplay option on the vita but i can't see anything of the sort in HD. Pretty unintuitive setup.

Raine

I was disappointed when i unlocked Piranha speed, it handles like a tank! Hopefully the other 2 i've yet to unlock are better.

I passed this on my second go, on the bus to work no less! I used AG Agility and it was pretty easy i thought.

You're right. I just played it again, almost perfected the whole race. AG Agility is what I always use on Zone. I don't know what was going on the first time I played it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Making good progress on my Platinum trophy. Mainly just have to complete the multiplayer campaign (assuming you don't need Elite Pass on all nodes and the objectives don't get that much harder, should be easy but time consuming), 1 more prototype event and then the perfect pir-hana trophy, which I can't do since I don't have the prototype. This game is WAY easier than WipEout HD for sure.

sinnergy

Jesus Christ. I've tweeted several times, I've even written an email to wipeout2048@scee but I never got a single answer and I still can't use the online modes. I'm seriously pissed.

DMZ your Vita on your home router, did the trick for me. I think some router or settings in the router act up with the vita..

Apath

The prototype Aurocom (?) Fighter is a fucking tank. I was stuck on the last two 2049 Combat events for like two days, probably wasting over 3 hours trying to beat them. The prototype ship can be hammered non-stop and just won't give a fuck. I was able to ignore everything going on around me and focus on dishing out as much damage as quickly as possible.

Edit - I was stuck trying to get the elite pass.
Is the EP at Zone 50? If so, I'm fucked.

I tweeted the dude last night and he tweeted back straight away telling me to email them at that address with my PSN ID so we'll see if they get back to me.

Can't access online modes either, are you in the UK/AU with a 3G vita?

Nope, in Spain with a WiFi model...

He answered my email but just told me to make sure I have enough signal strenght, good NAT and the game patched. I obviously do :/

Please post if you fix your problem someday :)

DMZ your Vita on your home router, did the trick for me. I think some router or settings in the router act up with the vita..

Actually I thought of doing that after forwarding ports to no avail... Yeah, I'll do that right now and see if it gets fixed.

You guys who can't connect online should probably be thankful, it's more disappointing when it connects and you realise how annoying the setup is. It's pretty much a fluke if you get in a group race with a friend. One of you has to be in a lobby/race waiting for opponents, then the other friend has to join the first friend, before the room fills up. There's no way to do a simple one on one race or choose your course or speed or anything.

Cross play at least lets you choose course and speed but again there doesn't appear to be a way to pair up with a friend.

When you do get in the wait also kills it - wait for the current race to end, wait for enough people to join, wait just for the sake of it, wait for the course to load! Wait for a patch!

It makes Nintendo online implementation look good :(

Murkas

Got the Elite Completionist and Mach 1.5! Might for for the full platinum if the multiplayer isn't a grind fest.

Same as the guys above, I'm waiting for the right vehicles to unlock (and making the assumption that I'll suck less by that point) if there are any that seem impossible to elite right now. Or have you unlocked them all? I'm slowly making my way through 2049 at the moment so I have some way to go.

To be fair, you can elite pass the stage when you first get access to it in most cases, look at the global leaderboards to see which was the most common vehicle everyone used, it's usually the vehicles with full stats in agility/combat (AG agility/Qirex fighter) or Feisar speed if you haven't unlocked the Piranha variation which has full speed stats. There was one stage in the 2050 season where it was more helpful to use the Feisar prototype.

Same, long straight roads with no walls made it easier. I prefered falling off, losing 3% and then restarting and having control over the vehicle rather than bouncing around, struggling to regain control and lose a lot more.

Off course this then blew up in my face when I got to zone 66 in Sol, the lakitu placed me in a spot where the vehicle would shoot straight into a wall and then off platform and then restart back into the awkward position, was impossible to regain control after that, lost the last 60% of my shield energy :(

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I think this could well be my favorite game in the series and I've played them all except for WipEout Fusion.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I think this could well be my favorite game in the series and I've played them all except for WipEout Fusion.

Wipeout fusion doesn't exist, it's a figment of your imagination!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gold trophy, right under Completist (the one you're referring to).

Yeah...that's for single player only. And it's misleading, you don't have to elite pass everything, A+ challenges and the prototypes aren't counted. Though you need to elite pass prototypes for another trophy

Multiplayer is confirmed that you don't have to elite pass everything, phew

Oppo

I've currently got a race idling next to me so I can rip the soundtrack into my Mac. Then I can combine it with all the other songs I like to have available.

Kind of tedious but I really like some of the tracks they included. They aren't available anywhere else either (Wipeout specific mixes).

Raine

Damn Capital Reach Time Trial. You're the only one left I need to Elite Pass. Why can't i get you

*cries*

EDIT: Nevermind, just got it

KillGore

Tried cross platform play, it's not that good in my opinion. It was pretty laggy for me, while the online campaign was not that much.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Finished the campaign with a decent amount of elites. How do you unlock the prototype ships? I only got the Piranha one.

Oppo

Has it been mentioned yet that CoLD SToRAGE (Tim Wright) is doing his own custom soundtrack album for 2048?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CoLD-SToRAGE-for-WipEout-2048/179883962067594

Tim Wright said:
If you didn't know already... I am writing some music for a new album to celebrate the wonder that is WipEout 2048 on the PS Vita. It was planned to release it around the same time as the European launch, but sadly time has conspired against me. It's still in the works and should (hopefully) see the light of day in around 2 weeks time. Between then and now there'll be some kind of E.P. with a new track and mixes of said track. Thanks for everyone's support and good wishes on this page... :O)

That was Feb.22 so hopefully we'll hear something soon :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I thought Sol Zone was the easiest Zone event in the game. I had already gotten the zone 65 trophy prior to it and would have gotten on Sol if I hadn't (got up to zone 69). The track is so wide that falling off the track isn't a problem until around 45+

Just use a vehicle with high agility. For the paths, go right, left, right

Oppo

I just finished ripping the tracks. They came out pretty well, considering how I had to do it.

I think there is a mistake on the wiki page, as "Beelzedub" didn't seem to be there. There's a new Orbital album coming out in April that has that track so maybe it wasn't finished in time for the game's release.

Anile - Change of Direction (Wipeout mix)
Camo & Krooked - Breezeblock (Wipeout mix)
deadmau5 - Some Chords (Wipeout edit)
Dirtyloud - School of Funk
DJ Fresh ft. Sian Evans - Louder (Drumsound & Bassline Smith Mix)
The Future Sound of London - We Have Explosive (2011 rebuild) Wipeout edit
Kraftwerk - Tour de France 2003 (Wipeout edit)
Noisia - Regurgitate (Wipeout 2048 Edit)
Orbital - P.E.T.R.O.L (Final Drop Mix)
Orbital - Beelzedub
Rockwell - BTKRSH (Wipeout edit)
The Chemical Brothers - Electronic Battle Weapon 3
The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die (Liam H re-amped mix)
Underworld - Kittens (Will Saul & Tam Cooper Remix)

School of Funk is one of my faves.

I thought Sol Zone was the easiest Zone event in the game. I had already gotten the zone 65 trophy prior to it and would have gotten on Sol if I hadn't (got up to zone 69). The track is so wide that falling off the track isn't a problem until around 45+

Just use a vehicle with high agility. For the paths, go right, left, right

Congratulations. I suck at Sol and Zones. Once I hit A+ I have a very hard time anticipating turns and end up just grinding against walls until death.

Sol was frustrating to learn because you start at such a high speed when you respawn on the track (resulting in me just getting tossed off many times in a row). I was finally able to get the Elite Pass and felt like a Titan.

Right now I think Downtown is my favourite map. I love Time Trials because you can use infinite spin boosts and there are so many spots on that map where you get a lot of air.

I hope Liverpool gives us a lot of DLC for this - I would like to see a number of tracks from previous games get put in as well as the ability to set up custom games.

Kerrby

Banned
Nope, in Spain with a WiFi model...

He answered my email but just told me to make sure I have enough signal strenght, good NAT and the game patched. I obviously do :/

Please post if you fix your problem someday :)

If I get it fixed you'll be the first person I message, I emailed the dude but haven't got a reply yet.

I googled the problem and it seems quite a few people are having the problem with no luck fixing it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Zone on Sol. Yeah, this must be the event that sorts out the pretenders :lol Elite passed everything so far, but this one is killing me. Consistently getting around 50, but near and after mach 1 falling off the track tends to lead to flying off the track several times before you finally get situated and continue.

Edit: Got it, zone 67!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I got all trophies so far except for the complete multiplayer campaign and all multiplayer nodes. So much grinding just for dat Platinum

If I get it fixed you'll be the first person I message, I emailed the dude but haven't got a reply yet.

I googled the problem and it seems quite a few people are having the problem with no luck fixing it.

Actually... I think I might have found the problem. I'll email Studio Liverpool later when I have enough data.

For now, if anyone else is having this problem ("You have signed out of PlayStation Network") please post here.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
WipEout 2048 online shouldn't work now because of the PSN maintenance, just in case anyone is trying to play

WipEout 2048 online shouldn't work now because of the PSN maintenance, just in case anyone is trying to play

Yep, but this error has been happening since day 1 to me and a few others like theBishop. Just trying to get IDs of as many people as possible.

Thanks for the reminder though.

Arukado

I did it with the
feisar prototype i think, since it's slower than all speed ships
. And it was close (60/60 lol).

Btw, the AI from the A+ challenges can be really cheap (like motorstorm pacific rift cheap). It's like racing against autopilot lol.

Agent X

Actually... I think I might have found the problem. I'll email Studio Liverpool later when I have enough data.

For now, if anyone else is having this problem ("You have signed out of PlayStation Network") please post here.

I get an error rather frequently shortly after I boot up. I was able to connect to the server on the first two days that I played (February 22 & 23), as well as on one other random instance about 3 or 4 days ago. Every other time that I've started up the game, it gives me an error.

By the way, I've never tried playing a game online yet. However, the network connection affects whether I can see the best scores/lap times on the event setup screens. If I cannot connect to PSN, then I cannot see my friends' best records or the worldwide best records (it simply won't allow me to scroll to "select" those lists).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm getting nervous, every time I try to enter multiplayer, it acts as if I'm playing it for the first time, everything reset. It's done this before but my save usually comes back after a restart. Not now, but I'm pretty sure it's because PSN is down.

If I lose my multiplayer progress, I'd be soooo pissed. I'm at around rank 14 and there's still many races to go

Kerrby

Banned

PSN: Stud_Kick_Ass is you need that. Still no luck after two weeks of trying.

Top Bottom