• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

with the PS5 PRO forthcoming...

GymWolf

Gold Member
I expect minimal stuff like it was with ps4 pro, this is not a balanced console that is gonna bring 4k60 + rtx full suite in demanding games, or even close to that.

I prefer to be a pessimist and being surprised if they actually pull off a decent hardware.

Btw i 'm talking about new games, i barely replay old games so i don't care what upgrade they get.

Last edited:

cireza

Gold Member
Use the additional power for more elaborated AI calculations in order to upscale from en even lower resolution. This is the path forward !

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I've found the base PS5 to be perfectly fine thus far. Best console ever IMO. So I think I am going to be like one of those people on social on media who are just now buying a PS5 and gushing about it, only for me it will several years from now and a PS5 Pro.

Codeblew

Who has these jet engine PS5s I keep hearing about?

I’ve never heard mine or anybody I know’s PS5 fan noise go above a whisper.
Same but I have mine out in the open and not stuffed in a confined space. If you stick it in some small space with bad airflow, no wonder it is loud as fuck. The fans are working overtime to cool it down because it is recycling hot air back into the system.

Sw0pDiller

Just higher res and stable 60 fps for all games. Dont need more. Dont even need raytracing. Its like upgrading your voodoo card, cant wait

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Current ps5 is fine and I don't think that's really going to change.

Time for Sony to sell the pro to me and I await places like digital foundry to give us the true breakdown on the differences with evidence so I can make a choice.

I think astro bot won't see a big jump and I'll probs have 100% it before the launch so I need to see at least two BIG sony exclusives that I want to convince MS to upgrade this time.

Just raise the res of all games to around 1800p at 60 fps. Let pssr do its work. Would replay ffxvi again at performance mode (finished in quality) if it looks Horizon FW good iq wise at 60 fps.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Who has these jet engine PS5s I keep hearing about?

I’ve never heard mine or anybody I know’s PS5 fan noise go above a whisper.

It happens when the fans get clogged up with dust. A common problem if your PS5 is stood up vertically as the dust falls directly into the fans.

I've not had the problem as my PS5 is horizontal, but I know people who have had it.

my a85 oled is ready, tbh fellas i have not seen single game ive amazed by, ghost of tsushima was the last game i was impressed by

Loboxxx

Neo Member
All PS5 games in quality mode, min 1440p at 60fps, simple as that.

PD. Oh and that it makes a little noise when it works, sometimes I forget that it is ON.
PD.2 Ah Ah and that it comes with Indiana Jones the great circle preinstalled, as a welcome package for new users.

Last edited:

Xtib81

I want 60 fps until PS6. Better IQ would be great too. I don't care much about RT if it's not path tracing.

Top Bottom