• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

jaosobno

Finished the game on normal yesterday and unlocked
nothing

Best+reaction+at+Wrestlemania+XXX.+at+Wrestlemania+XXX+The+Undertaker+s_985a32_5087773.gif

You have gotta be fucking kidding me. If this game fails, no way I'm preordering from PSN anymore. This goes for any game that has pre-release review embargo.

Zushin

Yeah, I think so. There are
four Enigma codes, so maybe four unlockable modes
? But you have to search for collectibles to unlock them, so I don't think everyone will enjoy this.
Okay cool, so..
Best+reaction+at+Wrestlemania+XXX.+at+Wrestlemania+XXX+The+Undertaker+s_985a32_5087773.gif

You have gotta be fucking kidding me. If this game fails, no way I'm preordering from PSN anymore. This goes for any game that has pre-release review embargo.

.. can relax lol.

derFeef

Gone are the days where games were about fun gameplay and an entertaining ride paired with an interesting (or at least not annoying) story. Now it's about collectibles and unlcokables everywhere.

Thanks, Ubisoft.

bidguy

Banned
man psn and xbl need to release this already

every fucking store and online shop out there is selling and shipping since last week

im sure bethesda wouldnt mind

How much time did it take to you... without finding stuff xD?

15-16 hours. So I have to play this game again to unlock new modes. I don't know if I want to do this, lol. Especially when you know nothing about these unlockable modes.
999 mode
would be a punishment for me. Not a reward :p

jaosobno

From Reddit, this is what you unlock after finishing the game, don't know how Perfect Dark missed it (perhaps he didn't find the collectibles) - EDIT: my bad, according to Perfect Dark, this mode is accessible immediately after the intro:

The two story line thing is just the same but with a different character, but the player can access separate areas which aren't in the other story line.

Beware, could be slightly spoilerish (edit: no major story spoilers):

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/25uvjy/just_finished_first_playthrough_of_wolfenstein/

But this guy seems to really like the game.

Oh jesus

I hope somebody is making a list of these reactions

Well, spending $60 in advance and reading bad things about the game from early players, kinda left me pissed off.

From Reddit, this is what you unlock after finishing the game, don't know how Perfect Dark missed it (perhaps he didn't find the collectibles):

The two story line thing is just the same but with a different character, but the player can access separate areas which aren't in the other story line.

Beware, could be spoilerish:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/25uvjy/just_finished_first_playthrough_of_wolfenstein/

You don't unlock this option. It's accessible from the beginning (after the intro)

derFeef

15-16 hours. So I have to play this game again to unlock new modes. I don't know if I want to do this, lol. Especially when you know nothing about these unlockable modes.
999 mode
would be a punishment for me. Not a reward :p

You need to sell it already, I mean you said it.

I don't think I'm going to play this game again. I'll finish it and then sell it. Great first half, absolutely terrible second half.

Edit: fuck these checkpoints!

MrS

Banned
Expecting to receive this today so I'm at work trying to control hype levels. Thread is not helping.

AHA-Lambda

From Reddit, this is what you unlock after finishing the game, don't know how Perfect Dark missed it (perhaps he didn't find the collectibles):

Beware, could be slightly spoilerish (edit: no major story spoilers):

Well, spending $60 in advance and reading bad things about the game from early players, kinda left me pissed off.

Eh, that's disappointing. Was hoping for more on that aspect.

Well, maybe the lesson here is that instead of being pissed of with the game, you should be pissed off with your lack of patience and insight.
Why the hell did you preorder the game? Couldn't you wait a week until reviews and user impressions come in?

Digital purchases on PSN/XBL are a rip off. I dont know why anyone would buy one. Unless its a smaller 10-15 eur title, i avoid them at all costs. I got TNO for €22 on PC so im not bothered if it turns out a bit duff. If id gotten it on PSN for €59.99, id be pissed.

No pre-load on steam is bullshit tho. Unlocks at 12 midnight, so i wont be playing it today.

AHA-Lambda

Well, maybe the lesson here is that instead of being pissed of with the game, you should be pissed off with your lack of patience and insight.
Why the hell did you preorder the game? Couldn't you wait a week until reviews and user impressions come in?

This. I will never understand why some people will pre order games when there is no refund policy in place.

I have my copy pre ordered from amazon and for a good price but if I wanted to cancel at least I could.

Skeleton

Banned
quite excited by this game will probably pick it up on pay day next week.

Shame there isn't any multiplayer, sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

Looking forward to going through on Uber!

jaosobno

Digital purchases on PSN/XBL are a rip off. I dont know why anyone would buy one

Because I'm from Europe and I use US Store regularly. EU prices are a goddamn rip off. Americans get games for $60. We get the same games for €70 (or $96).

My only alternative is ordering from sites like VGP, but then I have to wait 2 weeks for the game to arrive.

Why the hell did you preorder the game?

Game looked really good in all gameplay trailers and I wanted access to Doom beta. Satisfied?

When I wake up greenman better have sent my key and steam better have unlocked the pre-load or I'll whine in this thread a bunch!

Please <3

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Lots of mixed impressions in this thread. Kinda hard to tell if the game is good or not, I'm guessing it's somewhere in the middle

I enjoyed the 2009 game and I was planning to do a second playthrough a couple of months after I beat it but unfortunately my copy got stolen.

If this is better than the 2009 game, then it's a day one purchase for me. Game length seems very good and if the story is interesting I'll have a blast. Don't care if the stealth is broken, Metro Last Light, a stealth centric game, had a broken stealth system but was tons of fun and certainly my favorite FPS from last gen. If the gameplay is as awesome as shown in the promotional videos, I will definitely enjoy it

bidguy

Banned
Digital purchases on PSN/XBL are a rip off. I dont know why anyone would buy one. Unless its a smaller 10-15 eur title, i avoid them at all costs. I got TNO for €22 on PC so im not bothered if it turns out a bit duff. If id gotten it on PSN for €59.99, id be pissed.

No pre-load on steam is bullshit tho. Unlocks at 12 midnight, so i wont be playing it today.

using US store 60$ is 43€ for me

pretty good price

HowZatOZ

Banned
Jeez people, calm down on the leaks. We have no idea how all of them link up, what they actually mean or better yet a real idea on how the game even plays. Just as bad as the Watch Dogs crap, everyone up in arms when no one bar reviewers have had a chance to play it properly.

I'm sure it will be a fine game, and if scores are really your dictator in enjoying games, well just wait until tomorrow.

Hammer24

Banned
I don´t know what people go on about here. The game looks great, and plays even better. Even the collectathon is fun and not a chore.
Example (spoilerish):
When you silently kill a Kommandant, it shows the collectibles as "?" signs on the map. But only the place, not at what height. So in on level, you are on the first floor, and no collectible to be seen. So it has to be either on the roof, or in the basement. No matter how and where you look, there is no way to get on the roof. But the basement only has one door, that says it can be only opened from inside. When you go hunting around, you see one of those destroyable crates. Totally dismantling it shows a metal grate behind. But no matter how you tackle it, it stays in one piece. Only by accident did I find out, that this grate can be destroyed by a mounted turret gun. And then you get inside and find the goods.

I don´t know what people go on about here. The game looks great, and plays even better. Even the collectathon is fun and not a chore.
Example (spoilerish):
When you silently kill a Kommandant, it shows the collectibles as "?" signs on the map. But only the place, not at what height. So in on level, you are on the first floor, and no collectible to be seen. So it has to be either on the roof, or in the basement. No matter how and where you look, there is no way to get on the roof. But the basement only has one door, that says it can be only opened from inside. When you go hunting around, you see one of those destroyable crates. Totally dismantling it shows a metal grate behind. But no matter how you tackle it, it stays in one piece. Only by accident did I find out, that this grate can be destroyed by a mounted turret gun. And then you get inside and find the goods.
Ooooh I like me some exploration and figuring out levels.

SkylineRKR

Yeah the game is fairly big, devs weren't bullshitting on that part. I think it took me well over 5 hours to reach Chapter 6. But really, the negatives posted here do hold some merit. Not everyone is going to like it and I can't see many reviews go past the 70 mark.

Wolfenstein series was mostly about guns blazing, but not this one. Its stealth focused. Stealth killing at least the commander gives away locations of secrets and defeats additional enemy spawns. You're quickly dead too, enemies aim well and you can't take many shots. But you really have to scavenge health packs, ammo and all that stuff. Thats what I like the most. The one issues I have is that the guns lack punch and the AI during shootouts, nothing that couldn't be fixed actually.

Hammer24: I think I know what you mean and I missed that one as well (chapter 3). I guess you have to have enemy spawns open it? Dunno.

AHA-Lambda

Well from what I just read on Gamefaqs, one of the secret modes is
a one life mode

Don't know if this is common knowledge or not :/

Hammer24

Banned
Ooooh I like me some exploration and figuring out levels.

Game is utterly fantastic in this regard. There are so many different ways to tackle a level, that can be combined in different ways. Really oldschool. Goodbye corridor dumbness!

Hammer24: I think I know what you mean and I missed that one as well (chapter 3). I guess you have to have enemy spawns open it? Dunno.

No.
You can unmounts turrets by holding X. Take it with you, and destroy it. The grate even glows redhot in the places you hit it! :D

SkylineRKR

Game is utterly fantastic in this regard. There are so many different ways to tackle a level, that can be combined in different ways. Really oldschool. Goodbye corridor dumbness!

No.
You can unmounts turrets by holding X. Take it with you, and destroy it. The grate even glows redhot in the places you hit it! :D

Yeah I understand now.
I was thinking about the door, because i CAN be opened as the game states. Albeit from the inside. But the Grate, yeah I saw it, chucked a nade on it and called it a day. Dídn't work. I might retry with the turret, but it prolly erases current progress.

Hammer24

Banned
Yeah I understand now.
I was thinking about the door. But the Grate, yeah I saw it, chucked a nade on it and called it a day. Dídn't work. I might retry with the turret, but it prolly erases current progress.

Hmm, I would say save it for a second playthrough, but I´m not sure how the game handles this, if you keep the collectibles or are they going to be reset?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
so glad the fact there's no multi (a fucking sad choice) made me sit it out. Now I'm even doubting a bargain bin purchase

Dawg

If you start a new game (replaying on "can i play, daddy pls?" instead of über for example), you keep every single collectible and perk.

Just a heads up.

Finished the game on normal yesterday and unlocked
nothing

edward_norton_computer.gif

Im heartbroken :/
They were teasing us with this:
"Replayability obviously is an important thing. Extending what you're getting for your money is something we're very well aware of," Hines said. "There's a couple of
different things we're doing. One is a mode we're not actually talking about yet, although I am lobbying for us to talk about it soon, but there's a collectible aspect in the game, and
once you play any particular chapter, you can go back and replay it if you want to find the collectibles you missed. And if you find all the collectibles, you unlock this cool new
mode, and when I actually convince everybody to start talking about it, you'll be like, 'That is super cool, and I want to find all the collectibles just to try that mode.'"

And some bethesda employee while streaming the game said there are additional modes to unlock...

Top Bottom