• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Andrew.

Banned
I'm still very excited to play this game. I NEED something to play on ps4 and this looks like Just the visceral shooter I need. I think everyone canceling preorders and dooming the game need to play it for themselves before judging. Just because someone else says it's trash doesn't mean you'll feel the same way.

XHiQhgp.gif

I'm still very excited to play this game. I NEED something to play on ps4 and this looks like Just the visceral shooter I need. I think everyone canceling preorders and dooming the game need to play it for themselves before judging. Just because someone else says it's trash doesn't mean you'll feel the same way.

While I agree with this statement it doesn't mean I have to pay $60 for it at launch to try it and see if I like it.

you can pay 48 on GMG :) at least, you could last week....

Even at $48, I think I'd rather just wait and see what others here say about it. Everyone keeps talking about the latter part not being good. Reminds me of LA Noire. Started out good but became boring and repetitive and I had to force myself to finish it. Also have transistor tomorrow too.

scitek

If reviews are 70, i doubt i'll second guess my purchase. Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior are both sitting at a 73 Metacritic.

This is hilarious to me. I must've played a completely different game because I thought it was fantastic.

you mean people who are "playing it wrong"?

I mean like people that played Syndicate without using the DART mechanics, then complained the enemies were too aggressive and accurate.

Tetranet

Nazism is horrifying, I wonder if Wolfenstein will be able to convey that. I hope there are genuine chills in this game, and not only from surgical monstrosities. The "such beautiful Aryan features" phrase in that trailer with Frau Engel seems like an indication.

Guess we'll be finding out tomorrow.

Hammer24

Banned
Nazism is horrifying, I wonder if Wolfenstein will be able to convey that. I hope there are genuine chills in this game, and not only from surgical monstrosities. The "such beautiful Aryan features" phrase in that trailer with Frau Engel seems like an indication.

Guess we'll be finding out tomorrow.

You are going to love the train scene with Frau Engel. That is chilling to the bone.

Will watch reviews, but thus far it seems Mariokart8 and Watchdogs for the summer..
Damn.. I hope the review videos will make me like the game enough to have a shitload of fun.

While I agree with this statement it doesn't mean I have to pay $60 for it at launch to try it and see if I like it.

You don't have to, is someone pointing a gun at you?
ibsAbGJJDETDf8.gif

btw I got it for £22 physical edition from GAME, which I think comes out even cheaper than US full retail price if converted ($37).

Duallusion

I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the PSN preorder (cheapest option for me). I need far more gushing first impressions for day-one purchase then I've seen here up until now.

Unless reviews do end up being in the 8/10 region (and impressions around here become more positive) I'll just buy Transistor to tide me over until WatchDogs and Mario Kart and buy Wolfy when it goes down in price. It's still a must-have for me from what I'm seeing and reading, just not at full-price.

I'm still very curious about those unknown unlockable modes. I'll be mucho dissapointed if they're all as lame as that '999' one.

zorbsie

There hasn't been enough talk about the music in this game. It is fantastic. During my play session yesterday someone mentioned that I had 3 chapters to go. Having an absolute blast with this game. Hoping to finish it today.

M.Steiner

My physical copy arrived this morning though Steam won't allow me to install it just yet. Hopefully the day one patch won't take too long to download and I can play a little tonight before bed.

Tetranet

You are going to love the train scene with Frau Engel. That is chilling to the bone.

"Love" is not the word I'd use, but yeah that segment should have impact.

It's a very serious subject matter, even in an alternate history sci-fi setting. Considering the recent trends in gaming with anti-racism, genders/sexes, social freedom etc, I'm expecting a lot from a game with Nazis.

Raptor

Lols at people cancelling because of negative impressions.

People told me Vanquish was great, and it was garbage, I will see for myself if the game is good or not.

If is garbage I will sell it and that would be all, not cancelling shit.

codhand

This is hilarious to me. I must've played a completely different game because I thought it was fantastic.

sorry my phrasing sucked, i enjoyed Shadow Warrior and Hard Reset very much, and review scores, didn't align with how I felt about those two games.

Andrew.

Banned
There hasn't been enough talk about the music in this game. It is fantastic. During my play session yesterday someone mentioned that I had 3 chapters to go. Having an absolute blast with this game. Hoping to finish it today.

This is what Im talking about. Opinions are all over the place.

Awesome. Psyched for tomorrow.

dab0ne

People told me Vanquish was great, and it was garbage, I will see for myself if the game is good or not.

I'm playing that right now. I wouldn't say it was garbage but there are definitely some levels I really don't like. It's a solid 7 so far for me. But yeah, if going by hype/doom that you get from here sometime then I think I'll just have to give it a go myself and come to a personal conclusion. As long as the gunplay feels like RAGE I'll be happy.

Hammer24

Banned
"Love" is not the word I'd use, but yeah that segment should have impact.

It's a very serious subject matter, even in an alternate history sci-fi setting. Considering the recent trends in gaming with anti-racism, genders/sexes, social freedom etc, I'm expecting a lot from a game with Nazis.

With "love" in this context I mean how well its done by the devs. They do give you a choice, but... yeah, experience it for yourself :)

Bog

Junior Ace
This is *basically* $28 at Best Buy with GCU and the $20 reward zone credit for preordering (I buy enough there that the $20 back is like cash to me). It's tempting.

8 hours until it unlocks! I'M SO EXCITED YOU GUYS!!!

No, it's not. I'm playing Vanquish for the first real time now and it's huge amounts of fun.

This is *basically* $28 at Best Buy with GCU and the $20 reward zone credit for preordering (I buy enough there that the $20 back is like cash to me). It's tempting.
why not? I'm using store credit at Target for it and regret nothing!

my nazi killing trigger finger is getting itchy

mjc

I'm expecting reviews to be close or slightly better than Wolfenstein 2009...so I'm still excited for the game. Lots of overreaction in this thread.

FaintDeftone

I'm going to hold off until reviews pop up, but I am interested in this. I just don't want to get stuck buying something mediocre just because I want something to play on my next gen consoles.

If you're easily swayed by reviews and impressions, DON'T PRE-ORDER GAMES, YOU FOOL.

Well if the reviews/impressions(not necessarily for this game but in general) are consistent something must be right? I've been hopping in and out of wolfenstein streams the past couple days and even heard the streamers saying the same thing some of the people here are saying so there must be something to it.

Andrew.

Banned
I'm going to hold off until reviews pop up, but I am interested in this. I just don't want to get stuck buying something mediocre just because I want something to play on my next gen consoles.

Oh come on man. Live a little. Trophy whores and addicts do this every week.

spookyfish

Yeah, that's how I rationalized it. The $20 back will be used -- probably very soon.

Jito

Banned
Well if the reviews/impressions are consistent something must be right? I've been hopping in and out of wolfenstein streams the past couple days and even heard the streamers saying the same thing some of the people here are saying so there must be something to it.

Hey can I get a link to these reviews? Pretty sure the review embargo is still tomorrow.

Edit: lol someone else got you first.

If you're easily swayed by reviews and impressions, DON'T PRE-ORDER GAMES, YOU FOOL.

You'd think someone who's going to the point of pre-ordering a game is absolutely convinced of their own ability to judge a game because reviews are teh biased and paid for, but in reality they're the most impulsive to turn on a dime.

The pre-order culture leads to some beautiful meltdowns. Modern publishers rely on this naivety, which is why they allow you to pre-order as soon as the game is announced sight unseen without showing any gameplay.

It's more likely that other people have different opinions than there actually being multiple versions of those games.

I think people who had a satisfying experience with the game aren't posting as much as those who didn't.
Also people are WAY too gullible. Instead of trying it themselves they rely on person #137489 and person #1826437 on the internet because they are apparently more reliable than actual reviewers or their own judgement.

EDIT: That said, it's sad that review embargoes are still a thing.

I don't necessarily mean wolf but other games where the reviews/impressions are consistent

Maybe you should've said that because your post totally reads like you read some reviews about this game right here.

This has been a hilarious thread. People put way to much stock into others thoughts. Anyways, has anyone that played it early, do you know where the part is where you can alter the game somewhat like they said? And is it easy to know you have the option when it appears, or can you miss it?

Levyne

Banned
This has been a hilarious thread. People put way to much stock into others thoughts. Anyways, has anyone that played it early, do you know where the part is where you can alter the game somewhat like they said? And is it easy to know you have the option when it appears, or can you miss it?

It's early and obvious.

Top Bottom