• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

QRs0rc3.gif

Yep.

What a funny age we live in that one random person who can barely write coherently can influence potentially thousands of sales on a forum like this.

Dont take people on forums so seriously. Look to the people you trust on podcasts and articles. Wait till after release for more GAF impressions.

DAMN!

Where do you people get these gifs from?

I searched Wolfenstein GIF on google, I saved an image, I put text over it in GIMP and exported my first GIF.

In all seriousness, this thread has been a wild see-saw of purchase decision insecurity. I understand why to an extent, but we as consumers need to be wary of the over-absorption of opinions/content and be more true to our guts and own evaluations.

I searched Wolfenstein GIF on google, I saved an image, I put text over it in GIMP and exported my first GIF.

In all seriousness, this thread has been a wild see-saw of purchase decision insecurity. I understand why to an extent, but we as consumers need to be wary of the over-absorption of opinions/content and be more true to our guts and own evaluations.

Totally agree!

Fortunately, I've been completely consistent in my enthusiasm have not allowed myself to be deterred from this path.

I hope reviews will only further validate and vindicate my belief in this title.

Apdiddy

On Live From PlayStation tonight, there were at least three or four people streaming Wolfenstein: The New Order. Mostly European copies -- if you care about spoilers (and live in Europe) avoid it.

There was one really awesome thing I saw that I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Not going to spoil it.

This!

JLeack

Banned
I just beat it. I can confirm that it's 20~ hours in length and actually tries to give a reason to play it more than once.

Ugh, thanks for the impressions. Cancelled my Amazon preorder. I'll pick it up in a month for $29.99. =\

So all the marketing, PR, trailers, streams & positive impressions were enough to convince you to pre-order and the ranging lukewarm to negative impressions of a select few convinced you to cancel?

As someone who works in marketing I'm used to negativity being a powerful agent but man, are consumers of the video game industry volatile.

Murtrod

I just beat it. I can confirm that it's 20~ hours in length and actually tries to give a reason to play it more than once.

Could you maybe send me a PM and tell me how the story is? This is what is holding me back right now. No spoilers, just some general thoughts. The 20 hours seems so enticing...

Fotos

I was re-watching Inglorious Basterds because of this game the other day and one of the characters in the movie really reminded me of B.J.

Sgt. Hugo Stiglitz

a_ee8799a7.jpg

They kind of act the same too.

Plus they both love stabbing the shit out of Nazi's...

tumblr_kvph6cSrQq1qzeyh0.gif

tumblr_kuzvq6bBgE1qzeyh0.gif

vycukd.gif

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
So, just beat RTCW and bout halfway through the 09 wolf in preperation. Goddamn am I excited. For those who've played, been reading that gunplay feels slow? Is it actually slow, as it looks similar to RAGE for me, which is the primary reason i'm getting the game.

Still really excited for Tuesday! I always hope Amazon will make a mistake and something I've ordered will ship early.
It never happens

sjay1994

I've been thinking the opposite lately, but I think both will probably be serviceable.

Transistor is going to be that good good though.

Yeah, Im getting all 3 games... transistor is the one I have the most confidence in.

Watch Dogs looks fun and I really dig the hacking mechanics and multiplayer, just not sure about the story.

And Wolfenstein looks good, because I haven't enjoyed a shooter on PS4 so far. The line "I'm coming for you, you fucking nazi spaceman" gives me confidence in the tone of the game though.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Hey guys you know that "secret mode" they are talking about? Well, just watched the livestream the community head did, and he mentions
999 mode, where your health is continually ticking down from 999.
Is that the secret mode, or something else entirely? Seems nobody else has mentioned it here, and it's not in the OP, so IDK.

Levyne

Banned
Hey guys you know that "secret mode" they are talking about? Well, just watched the livestream the community head did, and he mentions
999 mode, where your health is continually ticking down from 999.
Is that the secret mode, or something else entirely? Seems nobody else has mentioned it here, and it's not in the OP, so IDK.

I'm unsure. If someone can confirm or deny I will update the OP.

Zushin

Thanks. I will add it in as a bonus mode you get, even if there are others.

Looks like there will be:

We loved getting to work on Wolf. It was daunting for sure, because it's a game that blew our minds when we grew up, and we've been idolizing id Software since before we started making games. We've worked extremely hard to make sure the id guys wouldn't feel like their trust in us was misplaced. We have lots of ideas for a sequel and we'd love to do one. It hinges on the financial success of this one, of course. There are many game modes you can unlock :)

From the AmA

They keep talking about this choice near the start of the game that has a fairly dramatic impact on the rest of the game, that require a repeat run-through.

Is the choice really that big of a deal? Does it really vary the gameplay that much?

Levyne

Banned
They keep talking about this choice near the start of the game that has a fairly dramatic impact on the rest of the game, that require a repeat run-through.

Is the choice really that big of a deal? Does it really vary the gameplay that much?

I imagine it's pretty minor. I'm hoping to be surprised though.

Edit: One of the streams mentioned that it affects some of the skills you have. For instance, they mention that it determines whether you are able to (ability)
Lockpick or Hack.
. I least I think that's what they said.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it safe to say, we will be dealing with this type of BS promise throughout the lifespan of PS4?

I'd like to think that publishers will realise that giving people less than a day to pre-load 40-oddGB of data isn't exactly wise. The pre-load period really should have started a few days ago at the absolute latest.

BajiBoxer

Banned
You know, I watched this for a bit, and honestly anyone who has said the game looks terrible -- I simply don't understand that. It looks pretty dang good to me. I'm looking forward to playing it.

You know, I don't think I've ever come across an great looking game where there wasn't a few people saying it looks like shit.

Maybe English isn't his first language.
That was my guess, yeah. The negativity just seemed like it could use a terrible joke.

I'm still bummed about the 5 gig day one patch. With my internet it'll probably take like 3+ hours. I'm leaving tuesday night to go out of town for a week, so I was really hoping to play through a good chunk of the game. Oh well, will settle for 3-4 hours of dismemberment

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Irrespective of quality I'm worried this game is going to bomb, HARD. Like Syndicate hard. Despite the amazing brand legacy recognition.

Top Bottom