• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Levyne

Banned
Irrespective of quality I'm worried this game is going to bomb, HARD. Like Syndicate hard.

I actually think the name will carry it a little bit. But I could easily see it underperforming, yeah.

I think May is an okay month for it. Yeah, there's Watch_Dogs and other stuff, but at least there's no CoD or Battlefied or anything of that nature.

I actually think the name will carry it a little bit. But I could easily see it underperforming, yeah.

I think May is an okay month for it. Yeah, there's Watch_Dogs and other stuff, but at least there's no CoD or Battlefied or anything of that nature.
Beyond the big games like COD and Battlefield, there's just no FPSes until the fall (unless I'm mistaken?). Seems like the perfect time to release it, especially during the "drought"

Irrespective of quality I'm worried this game is going to bomb, HARD. Like Syndicate hard. Despite the amazing brand legacy recognition.

But why? It has the dudebro formula: Alphamale gun-trotting badass filled with over-the-top nazi's and violence and top-of-the-line blockbusteresque showcase to build up the power-fantasy required for the modern AAA games. This isn't journey or ICO we're talking about here.

TheCloser

Banned
You should play the game before making statements like that.
I should but i didn't know you couldn't cancel preorders from psn. That is just ridiculous. Why can't you cancel it if you want to especially since i decided that i wanted to pick up a physical copy of the game.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
But why? It has the dudebro formula: Alphamale gun-trotting badass filled with over-the-top nazi's and violence and top-of-the-line blockbusteresque showcase to build up the power-fantasy required for the modern AAA games. This isn't journey or ICO we're talking about here.

It's $60 (right?) for an ~10 hour core single player only experience.

Also utterly compromised by cross-gen development (it sounds like, I have yet to play).

Levyne

Banned
I guess my last comment is that I'm not entirely invested in how this performs. I have a pre-order I'm keeping and that's all that I can control. Whatever happens, happens. I guess that's a soft way to say I don't care a whole lot. Though I don't hope for it to fail.

It's $60 (right?) for an ~10 hour core single player only experience.

Also utterly compromised by cross-gen development (it sounds like, I have yet to play).

It actually isn't, visually-speaking. That's whats pretty cool about it. I'd rank it near Killzone: Shadow Fall in terms of visual quality.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
It actually isn't, visually-speaking. That's whats pretty cool about it. I'd rank it near Killzone: Shadow Fall in terms of visual quality.

lol
You sure you're not confusing that with the Vita one?

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
lol
You sure you're not confusing that with the Vita one?

I mean I haven't played it, but TNO does look pretty damn nice in videos, especially the animations and character models. Obviously enviroment textures are hard to judge on YouTube and twitch, but if they are even rougly equivalent to RAGE on PC i'm sure they're fine. Do people really think it looks BAD?

Neuro

So I progressed further into the game, my initial impressions have not changed so far, a good game but definitely not the best out there

But what I really like how certain things do play out, there are multiple ways of approaching an area, certain sections seem to be too heavy on the stealth factor,What I would really recommend that players when they get the game to scan an area...opens up re-playability options later on

iMax

irpAyFAMTJy5V.gif

Grumbul

I can appreciate the topic in hand is somewhat subjective but that is quite some statement. Fantastic if true and running at 60fps though!

JLeack

Banned
That was my guess, yeah. The negativity just seemed like it could use a terrible joke.

I'm still bummed about the 5 gig day one patch. With my internet it'll probably take like 3+ hours. I'm leaving tuesday night to go out of town for a week, so I was really hoping to play through a good chunk of the game. Oh well, will settle for 3-4 hours of dismemberment

The day one patch may or may not exist anymore.

Neuro

I can appreciate the topic in hand is somewhat subjective but that is quite some statement. Fantastic if true and running at 60fps though!

Nope sorry its not even close to Shadow fall, though it definitely plays better than it...I'd choose this over Shadow Fall any day, that game had potential that was thrown down the drain...

SkylineRKR

I don't rly know where to start.................oh boy.....

1. Story : was so blunt & boring that soon became a bad joke & you want to skip every cut scene a soon as it starts.
2. Graphic is damn bad in this game....popup textures all over the place , washed out textures , fov settings that will make your eyes bleed after few hours of playing. Clunky frame rate from time to time.Narrowed corridor shooter .
3.Game play: I got feeling that I'm playing bad copy of HL2 , Doom3 & Fear true the all game.They just copy elements from this games & trowed in one package.
-Stealth implementation was worst I saw this generation , buggy AI from time to time , sometimes they see you with their backs turned to you , sometimes you dance in front of their faces & they don't react at all.
-Shooting mechanics also are damn terrible.Aiming is good but gunplay is not satisfactory at all.You don't have that feeling that you did something grate when killing enemy's.
-Also cover & lean implementation sucks hard.They can shoot you thru walls & when you lean to shoot from cover they will also shoot you.WTF they thinking when implementing this.Cover that don't works ? useless lean that don't work's.
-Perk system is damn bad implemented.......no points to spend , no choice of upgrading guns.

I can go on & on......but this game don't deserve a Wolfenstein name in the title at all.

I agree with some of your points, but I feel you are playing on Ps3 or 360? Framerate doesn't drop on PS4 and textures do not pop in.

Shooting mechanics are bad, I agree. I don't enjoy the shooting myself. Even the turret guns lack punch. Worst offender is the shotgun. Lean works for me, its slightly better than nothing. Press Up and you can shoot out of low cover. Perk system, yeah, I forgot its even there. Looked at it by Chapter 5. The influences it has on your run seems to be minimal.

Still, I like the level design, atmosphere and even graphics. They are colorful and the framerate is solid. Perhaps they can patch the AI, it IS capable of evasive moves etc.

Neuro

If anything the gun play seems awesome, but that's just from my perspective. I don't know how it could "suck". Also, if OP is playing this on anything other than PC, then his graphical fidelity complaint falls of deaf ears with me.

So I am really torn right now over this, initially I thought I'd go guns blazing we can still do that and now there is stealth
The prison for instance forces it upon players

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I mean I haven't played it, but TNO does look pretty damn nice in videos, especially the animations and character models. Obviously enviroment textures are hard to judge on YouTube and twitch, but if they are even rougly equivalent to RAGE on PC i'm sure they're fine. Do people really think it looks BAD?

It's not that it looks bad. It's that Shadow Fall looks amazing.

Neuro

It's not that it looks bad. It's that Shadow Fall looks amazing.

Does Id tech 5 use a piss poor physics engine, I hate how static the enemies are...I had the same issue with RAGE as well, feels like I am shooting cardboards...

Does Id tech 5 use a piss poor physics engine, I hate how static the enemies are...I had the same issue with RAGE as well, feels like I am shooting cardboards...

Rage has some of the best death animations of any FPS so no :/ Enemies react where you shoot them, will smash into the environment, and so on. This seems to fix the one issue Rage has which was only heads would pop, no other dismemberment.

TAJ

Is this not opened yet?

Digital buyers may cry. ;(

They're probably out of tears after the Target triple trade-in credit promotion.

Footos22

God this game is fun, had a bad start after jumping from plane to plane 2 mins in. climbed into the second plane and proceeded to fall right out the bottom into the ocean below walking the depths like a ye olde diver. this was fullly installed with the 5gb patch. But been flawless since.

The graphics arent so hot. Is def just an upscaled last gen game. Tiny bit of texture pop in when you reload a checkpoint but sorts itself out pretty fast. PS4 Version.

Is true about the gunplay. I've only done the first chapter. But guns have a massive kickback to them although it doesn't feel like they do. They sound like potato guns too. Hopefully thats just because of first chapter weapons. Playing on Uber and found it easy so far.

AHA-Lambda

But loads of games following the dudebro formula flop.

TAJ

Thanks to GamersClub membership, I can get the game for $48 +$20 in best buy certifs if I preorder it tomorrow. Wish reviews were already out. :(

You forgot the extra $5 in credit because they weren't able to deliver on the miniature Panzerhund.

Hammer24

Banned
OK, so I broke down and bought the disc version. Tired of waiting for the marketplace to get its shit together.
And... I´m loving this game. Looks very clean, plays very smooth. But most of all, its damn fun. Great pacing, oldschool level design. You can tackle it on different ways, either Rambo through or Sam Fisher in. And while we´re at it: this is a better stealth game than Thief and the last two Splinter Cells rolled into one. I´m not kidding.
Love this game, and highly recommend it.

I don't rly know where to start.................oh boy.....

1. Story : was so blunt & boring that soon became a bad joke & you want to skip every cut scene a soon as it starts.
2. Graphic is damn bad in this game....popup textures all over the place , washed out textures , fov settings that will make your eyes bleed after few hours of playing. Clunky frame rate from time to time.Narrowed corridor shooter .
3.Game play: I got feeling that I'm playing bad copy of HL2 , Doom3 & Fear true the all game.They just copy elements from this games & trowed in one package.
-Stealth implementation was worst I saw this generation , buggy AI from time to time , sometimes they see you with their backs turned to you , sometimes you dance in front of their faces & they don't react at all.
-Shooting mechanics also are damn terrible.Aiming is good but gunplay is not satisfactory at all.You don't have that feeling that you did something grate when killing enemy's.
-Also cover & lean implementation sucks hard.They can shoot you thru walls & when you lean to shoot from cover they will also shoot you.WTF they thinking when implementing this.Cover that don't works ? useless lean that don't work's.
-Perk system is damn bad implemented.......no points to spend , no choice of upgrading guns.

I can go on & on......but this game don't deserve a Wolfenstein name in the title at all.

I cant believe this rant that reads like a 12 year old reviewing a game is what everyone is getting their balls in an uproar over. Seriously, the guy says it feels like a bad version of HL2, Doom 3, and FEAR? That sounds like a fucking dream game.
Im sure TNO isnt gonna be smashing records for innovation and shit, but neither did Wolf 09, or RTCW, and i liked those just plenty

Lots of people finished...

Can you please say something about unlockable mode(s). How many are there ?

And what about that ultra secret mode that they were teasing ? I heard there is a new/bonus campaign with different character. Is this true ?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Has there been any good quality Xbox One footage? I should have the game in a few hours if the post is reliable.

I could do some high bit rate 1080p60 videos and upload to MEGA.

Virzeth

Goddamnit i was excited to play this tomorrow, but i think in Italy the game releases on the 23rd :(

According to Steam "This game will unlock in approximately 14 hours".

5iNmZ2w.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209340/

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/ride-to-hell-retribution

Lots of people finished...

Can you please say something about unlockable mode(s). How many are there ?

And what about that ultra secret mode that they were teasing ? I heard there is a new/bonus campaign with different character. Is this true ?

Finished the game on normal yesterday and unlocked
nothing

Top Bottom