• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Gaz_RB

And here I thought this thread couldn't get any more entertaining than the Watchdogs threads.

Sometimes I wonder how some of you make other decisions in real life.

Codiox

Just rented it(ps4) from the local videostore, really good oldschool shooter. Graphics are nice, especially because its 1080p/60fps. I did not noticed this game on my radar.

scitek

It's more likely that other people have different opinions than there actually being multiple versions of those games.

I highly, highly doubt that's the case. There are definitely two versions of Shadow Warrior. One shitty one for the press, and then the one for sale.

Xater

And here I thought this thread couldn't get any more entertaining than the Watchdogs threads.

For products? I read reviews or try them without paying for them? I don't know, nothing special. What do you do? Buy random shit and hope it works out?

Jito

Banned

Guy: Hmm that sandwich isn't the best I've had.

NeoGAF: HOLY SHIT WHAT DO I EAT FOR LUNCH, I'M GOING TO STARVE!!!!!!

Metal-Geo

With my internet connection it should take no more than 1.5 hours to download the entire game... Theoretically... If the Steam servers don't crap out of course.

Gaz_RB

lol exactly. Or this one:

Guy: Hey that sandwich you're making won't taste very good. It's good at first but gets bad at the end. Trust me.

NeoGAF: *Throws uneaten sandwich in the trash*

MattyG

Banned
Sandwich cancelled.
Guy: Yes, waiter, I'd like to cancel my sandwhich. That guy over there said he didn't like his.

Waiter: Sir, that is because he ordered a grilled cheese and didn't like the type of cheese on it, I'm sure there's a chance you may still enjoy yours.

Guy: CANCEL IT. SHUT THE RESTAURANT DOWN. BURN IT TO THE GROUND.

Xater

Because a sandwich is the same amount of commitment as a video game.This goes for time and money. You guys are the worst at making comparisons.

AHA-Lambda

Well my copy has been shipped from amazon now.

Even if I don't like it I'll get the money back trading it in to cex, cos I got it for only £30 :)

MattyG

Banned
There are more than enough crazies on this board to not see any difference and I bet the responses to your post ere actually meant to be serious.
Nope, just people continuing the obvious joke (no matter how bad the follow ups were. Mine was pretty bad.) Anything to bring up the downer of a thread this has become.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Yeah the game is fairly big, devs weren't bullshitting on that part. I think it took me well over 5 hours to reach Chapter 6. But really, the negatives posted here do hold some merit. Not everyone is going to like it and I can't see many reviews go past the 70 mark.

Wolfenstein series was mostly about guns blazing, but not this one. Its stealth focused. Stealth killing at least the commander gives away locations of secrets and defeats additional enemy spawns. You're quickly dead too, enemies aim well and you can't take many shots. But you really have to scavenge health packs, ammo and all that stuff. Thats what I like the most. The one issues I have is that the guns lack punch and the AI during shootouts, nothing that couldn't be fixed actually.

Hammer24: I think I know what you mean and I missed that one as well (chapter 3). I guess you have to have enemy spawns open it? Dunno.

Actually, stealth has been a pretty key part in the Wolfenstein series since the get go, especially in RTCW.

Yoday

People are saying it's the worst looking ps4 game? I find that hard to believe. Plus 60 FPS is always refreshing
Why is it hard to believe, this is id Tech 5. The engine runs really well, but it looks like ass. Just look at Rage with it's 20GB install on PC with textures that looked like something out of the PS2 era. Adding a bit more than double the data size is going to improve the texture resolution, but only by so much. The Evil Within is going to suffer the same fate, and then we can all hope that id Tech 5 is gone for good after that.

I put way more commitment into my sandwiches than i do my video games.

The difference between a great sandwich and a terrible sandwich are far greater than the difference between a great and a poor videogame.

You put a Bay Cities Godmother up against a Subway sandwich, for example? My God. Way more of a difference than between Wolf and a terrible game like Vanquish.

Yoday

Yay! GameFly just shipped the game! Wolfenstein seems like the perfect rental game, as the game could be very hit or miss from what I have seen.

Why is it hard to believe, this is id Tech 5. The engine runs really well, but it looks like ass. Just look at Rage with it's 20GB install on PC with textures that looked like something out of the PS2 era. Adding a bit more than double the data size is going to improve the texture resolution, but only by so much. The Evil Within is going to suffer the same fate, and then we can all hope that id Tech 5 is gone for good after that.

well i played RAGE on 360 and it looked and played like a dream. Plus it had satisfying combat

Andrew.

Banned
Come on. Vanquish is better than a Subway sandwich. Hot damn.

Id say Vanquish is more like a Jimmy Johns.

Something like Colonial Marines = Subway

The Last of Us = Publix

So I guess there's no preload for PS4 and you have to wait for Grace Chen to press the button again?

Bummer, I though things are going to be different after 1.70

Xater

So I guess there's no preload for PS4 and you have to wait for Grace Chen to press the button again?

Bummer, I though things are going to be different after 1.70

They said pre-load will be for select titles and the first one will be Watch Dogs. No idea why people think this is now a general thing. It probably should be but they have been pretty clear about this.

codhand

i totally get where youre coming from with this, and it's funny and true but at the same time someone didnt say "isnt the best" game i believe they said half of it was "shit" so unless you like shit sandwiches, you might actually be better off starving.

So hold on:

On the last couple of pages people are saying that now there either isn't a 5gig day one patch, or you can just download it in the background while playing? If so, megaton!

As long as "makes game better than NeoGAF early impressions" isn't being patched in

Raptor

8 hours until it unlocks! I'M SO EXCITED YOU GUYS!!!

No, it's not. I'm playing Vanquish for the first real time now and it's huge amounts of fun.

In a game where you shoot 90% of the time, killing have to be satisfying it just have to be, Vanquish killing robots is as satisfying as killing a tree.

But thats IMO though so don't worry about it.

They said pre-load will be for select titles and the first one will be Watch Dogs. No idea why people think this is now a general thing. It probably should be but they have been pretty clear about this.

I guess I missed that part. So "does it have preload" will be the new "does it have trophies" until they make it mandatory.

Jito

Banned
i totally get where youre coming from with this, and it's funny and true but at the same time someone didnt say "isnt the best" game i believe they said half of it was "shit" so unless you like shit sandwiches, you might actually be better off starving.

It is just a few opinions though and I never usually agree with what most people say on GAF. It's like people say the second half of Metro LL is shit, it's different from the first half, but I wouldn't call it shit, the story just goes a bit of track but it doesn't ruin the whole game because of it. If it's got solid shooting mechanics, gore, good weapons and it's long then I'll be happy

DieH@rd

Banned
or you can just download it in the background while playing? If so, megaton!

PS4 games can always be started while the patch is being downloaded. To apply patch later, game needs to be shut down with "close application" command and then patch can be installed.

Top Bottom