• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Mookow

Why is it hard to believe, this is id Tech 5. The engine runs really well, but it looks like ass. Just look at Rage with it's 20GB install on PC with textures that looked like something out of the PS2 era. Adding a bit more than double the data size is going to improve the texture resolution, but only by so much. The Evil Within is going to suffer the same fate, and then we can all hope that id Tech 5 is gone for good after that.

That's hyperbole. It's not even close to PS2, and looks pretty decent. It's just took big.

PS4 games can always be started while the patch is being downloaded. To apply patch later, game needs to be shut down with "close application" command and then patch can be installed.
Oh, cool. Thanks!

The only thing is: if it's 5gigs I'd imagine it's fixing a lot of issues. Hopefully playing without patch isn't a semi-broken experience

Dawg

How did you find über? Challenging?

It's not that as difficult as the name might imply, it has some bad parts every few chapters where I had to retry the same bit over and over but in general it wasn't too hard. Just use cover a lot.

Oh yeah, the final boss is probably the worst part of that difficulty. I nearly threw my DS4 at my TV :lol

zorbsie

Here is a short clip from last night. sorry for the terrible twitch quality. I hope this puts some people at ease about the guns. I think they are totally bad ass. It's late game but shouldn't have spoilers in it. Thought I'd warn you just in case.

Andrew.

Banned
It's not that as difficult as the name might imply, it has some bad parts every few chapters where I had to retry the same bit over and over but in general it wasn't too hard. Just use cover a lot.

Oh yeah, the final boss is probably the worst part of that difficulty. I nearly threw my DS4 at my TV :lol

So did you like it or what, Belgian?

Dawg

Just a question I'd like to ask people who've played a few chapters already...

did anyone find the letter in the chapter with the old people and their car? Or the final gold piece? And did anyone find enigma piece 2-1 in chapter 4 (where you rescue your old pal from prison). It's the third enigma piece in that level but there's no "?" on the map and I think it's supposed to be somewhere between the prison and the intro as it's the third piece and I found the 4th piece at the start of the prison... I think.

nynt9

Well if the reviews/impressions(not necessarily for this game but in general) are consistent something must be right? I've been hopping in and out of wolfenstein streams the past couple days and even heard the streamers saying the same thing some of the people here are saying so there must be something to it.

Not really? It just speaks to the tastes of the mainstream reviewers. Also, every reviewer has their own metric for judging games so putting together scores from multiple reviewers makes no sense. And considering reviewers have been outright wrong (not mentioning grave flaws in the game or saying something that is just not true about the game), their competency can often be called into question.

Levyne

Banned
I'm going to have to wait until release so i can install it to a different drive without playing weird games.

So I will join you guys wednesday...or the next day...haha.

DieH@rd

Banned
Here is a short clip from last night. sorry for the terrible twitch quality. I hope this puts some people at ease about the guns. I think they are totally bad ass. It's late game but shouldn't have spoilers in it. Thought I'd warn you just in case.

lol laser glibbing is awesome. Are those shotguns using some richocheting bullets?

TRios Zen

Pre-Ordered through best buy (rewards helped make it cheaper) and they called me just now saying I could pick it up...

I don't actually have it in my hands yet, but seems strange that Best Buy would break street date.

SkylineRKR

did anyone find the letter in the chapter with the old people and their car? Or the final gold piece? And did anyone find enigma piece 2-1 in chapter 4 (where you rescue your old pal from prison). It's the third enigma piece in that level but there's no "?" on the map and I think it's supposed to be somewhere between the prison and the intro as it's the third piece and I found the 4th piece at the start of the prison... I think.

The letter was discussed earlier. Apparently you have to grab a turret gun and shoot the grate thats behind a box at the wall. I think its at the right side of the building, viewed from the locked door.

Mr Swine

Banned
Wish I had you internet speed, Mr. Swine.

Doesn't really matter that much though, still hours before midnight in Europe here.

I can get up to 10MB/a if I'm lucky so it would be halve that number. Yeah but I can't play the game until afternoon tomorrow -_-

So apparently those with the censored version can only pre-load 123 MB of the game while everyone else pre-loads the whole game.

Steam, why are you doing this to us?! :(

EDIT: Oh lol, we got the latest DirectX install data, fuck yeah I guess.

Pre-Ordered through best buy (rewards helped make it cheaper) and they called me just now saying I could pick it up...

I don't actually have it in my hands yet, but seems strange that Best Buy would break street date.

I just got an email saying it'll be ready tomorrow. I'd be pissed if another BB is selling early.

Levyne

Banned
If anyone's interested and think this game merits a review thread, you can go ahead. I'm not really keen on doing that.

Of course, I'll update the OP with reviews once they're in.

Mr Spliff

I would also like to know about
the final gold piece in chapter 3

lemmykoopa

The guns sound REALLY weak and quiet :-(.

The IQ is clean and sharp but weak shaders and textures.

Other than that its pretty fun.

sogood.gif

I read some negative impressions but then I see videos and gifs and it just looks so good. Can't wait to try it out for myself.

Andrew.

Banned
I got surround sound and an Elite Pulse headset, so I figure one or the other will make all the shootbang really shootbangy.

AZ3JZb8.gif

Top Bottom