• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman nicknamed "The Ice Cream Killer" is too dangerous for all woman prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

So to summarise. The NYDaily News removed parts of the original release on this story, which completely changed the entire meaning of the story. She has not been moved to this facility because she is "too dangerous". she has been moved to this facility because she has made improvements in her treatment, and this facility is better equipped to support that (hence the significant numbers of support staff).

The missing part of the article is:

She has only been given the green light to move to the unit because prison officers have deemed she shows an 'advanced reduction of the relevant dangerousness'.

Her lawyers Rudolf Mayer and Werner Tomanek said she has made significant strides forward since being incarcerated.
In a joint statement they said: ‘It is important that our client can finally be comprehensively treated.'

Several newspapers have done the same thing with the story, by turning it into something. Pretty shitty really. Astonishingly, the Dailyfail in the UK didn't do this.

I'd let her chainsaw me any day of the week, but especially on mondays so i would enjoy the weekend with my friends and family, and especially in the morning so i wouldn't have to go to work. That would be ok.

Ephidel

Google Jeremy Meeks
Googling him he doesn't appear to be a serial killer.
(Although yes, he does appear to be an example of people drooling all over a guy, so fair play).

As for actual serial killers, I won't deny some of them do have fanclubs and people who want to sleep with them, but people in them are going to be considered at best a bit weird, especially if they're going around saying so to people.
Whereas apparently people can wander around confessing to drooling all over female criminals and that's all fine and normal, nothing wrong with that. It's kind of gross knowing people feel that's an acceptable response to seeing some woman's picture, really.

commedieu

Banned
Googling him he doesn't appear to be a serial killer.
(Although yes, he does appear to be an example of people drooling all over a guy, so fair play).

As for actual serial killers, I won't deny some of them do have fanclubs and people who want to sleep with them, but people in them are going to be considered at best a bit weird, especially if they're going around saying so to people.
Whereas apparently people can wander around confessing to drooling all over female criminals and that's all fine and normal, nothing wrong with that. It's kind of gross knowing people feel that's an acceptable response to seeing some woman's picture, really.

This.

It's inappropriate. And a clear example of male privilege. I've been guilty of it in the past, but back then you'd get banned for it.

NoRéN

A nickname for just two murders?

When I hear Ice Cream Killer I think of a serial killer that makes ice cream out of his/her victims and then goes around in an ice cream truck selling them.

And I think of Dexter.

And Twisted Metal, too.
My thoughts exactly.

kmax

5+Est%C3%ADbaliz+Carranza+arrested.jpg

Her eyes. There's nothing there.

It's scary to think that people like this exist.

LordKasual

Banned
Don't agree with the logic in the OP. Unless she's going to be armed with a gun, a chainsaw, and the benefit of doubt, she will not pose the same threat inside a prison as she would as a free woman. Regardless, she killed multiple people in cold blood. So whatever she gets, she deserves. Fuck her.

She...is quite the looker though. Being an antisocial murderer and being attractive aren't mutually exclusive, but i suppose it would help in their cause, unfortunately.

Clearly, since there are way more people bringing up how attractive she is than there would be in a thread about an unattractive male/woman who did the same vile crime. Me included. Oh well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Ice Cream Killer sounds like someone Peralta would face in Brooklyn 9-9

Maledict

5+Est%C3%ADbaliz+Carranza+arrested.jpg

Her eyes. There's nothing there.

It's scary to think that people like this exist.

You are judging based on a photo and a stereotype.

In reality, and this awful articles lies do not help, she is responding well to treatment and has been moved to this facility precisely BECAUSE she poses less danger now. This is a treatment centre (hence the large number of therapy staff).

LordKasual

Banned
You are judging based on a photo and a stereotype.

In reality, and this awful articles lies do not help, she is responding well to treatment and has been moved to this facility precisely BECAUSE she poses less danger now. This is a treatment centre (hence the large number of therapy staff).

That's good to hear. Sucks the OP info was false. Or your info is false. Who knows, internet.

But who's to say she isn't a sociopath and she's just feeding them the emotions they want to hear, and they're buying it because she's clearly attractive....?!

D i Z

I dunno about this. Wouldn't her need for an offspring, and her Black Widow like approach to failure kind of make this move a bit foolish?

Edit: After reading a little more about this, I'm not sure having a child was what this was about. She's just bat-shit crazy. How the hell do you even treat something like this, as if that kind of homicidal impulse is manageable?

Maledict

I dunno about this. Wouldn't her need for an offspring, and her Black Widow like approach to failure kind of make this move a bit foolish?

Edit: After reading a little more about this, I'm not sure having a child was what this was about. She's just bat-shit crazy. How the hell do you even treat something like this, as if that kind of homicidal impulse is manageable?

She has been responding well to treatment and deemed a lower risk than previously. That's why she is being moved to this treatment facility for lower risk prisoners. The original article has been edited by the NYpost and removed the critical line which shows the reality is literally exactly the opposite of what is happening.

D i Z

She has been responding well to treatment and deemed a lower risk than previously. That's why she is being moved to this treatment facility for lower risk prisoners. The original article has been edited by the NYpost and removed the critical line which shows the reality is literally exactly the opposite of what is happening.

Yeah, I get that. I'm more just trying to wrap my mind around how a treatment for this kind of thing goes. Like, at what point is it considered a success, and how does it stick etc etc.. Murdering some dudes out of passion is one thing. Chopping them up and keeping them in storage is a whole other level of involvement.

Maledict

It's hard to say. I was watching a program last night that detailed the Parker-Holme case in New Zealand in the 50s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker–Hulme_murder_case

Two 15 year gold girls brutally murdered the mother of one of them - in a cold, calculated attack. They beat her to death with a brick in the head in a horrific fashion - over 40 injuries. To me, the ability to plan out the murder of your parent and then carry it out in such a traumatic, violent way is impossible to comprehend and my instinct would be to lock them up forever.

In reality, they were released after 5 years. Both have lived successful, peaceful lives - one is even a famous crime writer. Neither committed a crime again, and by co-incident both now live in the U.K. I would never think that could happen given what they did, and how awful it was.

People are incredibly complicated things it seems. Capable of doing horrific acts of violence and murder, but then somehow moving past that and living a completely reformed life.

D i Z

It's hard to say. I was watching a program last night that detailed the Parker-Holme case in New Zealand in the 50s.

Two 15 year gold girls brutally murdered the mother of one of them - in a cold, calculated attack. They beat her to death with a brick in the head in a horrific fashion - over 40 injuries. To me, the ability to plan out the murder of your parent and then carry it out in such a traumatic, violent way is impossible to comprehend and my instinct would be to lock them up forever.

In reality, they were released after 5 years. Both have lived successful, peaceful lives - one is even a famous crime writer. Neither committed a crime again, and by co-incident both now live in the U.K. I would never think that could happen given what they did, and how awful it was.

People are incredibly complicated things it seems. Capable of doing horrific acts of violence and murder, but then somehow moving past that and living a completely reformed life.

Interesting. What a life. I guess I'd also be curious to know how many treatments for these people are so life altering that we could actually take some of the stigma out of assisted rehabilitation.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
A couple of things.

First, I'm concerned about the quality of those freezer units, because they should've been sufficient to completely mask any odor, if they were working up to specification.

Second, in spite of the situation, she's a definite might...

Christian

A couple of things.

First, I'm concerned about the quality of those freezer units, because they should've been sufficient to completely mask any odor, if they were working up to specification.

Second, in spite of the situation, she's a definite would...

FTFY.

My wife is Guatemalan and incredible, by the way. What's with all the Hispanic female bashing in this thread?

Polari

Long before Lord of the Rings etc. Peter Jackson did a film on this called Heavenly Creatures. Kate Winslet is in it.

Maledict

FTFY.

My wife is Guatemalan and incredible, by the way. What's with all the Hispanic female bashing in this thread?

The entire thread is fucking embarrassing to be frank. The OP is factually incorrect, and half the posts in the thread are people saying they would have sex with her.

Thought we were a bit better than this nowadays.

D i Z

The entire thread is fucking embarrassing to be frank. The OP is factually incorrect, and half the posts in the thread are people saying they would have sex with her.

Thought we were a bit better than this nowadays.

Yeah shit got weirdly racial and fetish-y. I don't even know what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom