• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
The organization of this event is amazing. No breaks between speakers and everyone is on point. Considering the size and number of people it's really something.

bgsd.gif

AngryMoth

Little bit of faith in humanity restored. I hope he faces sizeable protests, petitions, etc throughout his whole term. Feed those insecurities he has about not being a legitimate president.

MrMephistoX

Um, there's marches in every state. I've seen people on my timeline at ones in Boise & Indianapolis. I think there's several in Indiana.
Cool probably just CNN being CNN and focusing where they have boots on the ground that's encouraging 😄

ZOONAMI

Only problem with these protests is that they aren't occurring in the right states. You could have had 100% voter turnout in these cities and a 90% victory for Hillary in each of the blue states and it still wouldn't have mattered. Preaching to the choir.

They are happening in every single state, not to mention worldwide.

The organization of this event is amazing. No breaks between speakers and everyone is on point. Considering the size and number of people it's really something.
Agreed. Considering how fast this event was put together. Theres ground work here and bonds the form that can be used for future projects and protests. It's there.

MrDaravon

Was really (pleasantly) surprised that the enormous turnout in my town (Roanoke), definitely well over 1-2k. One of the pics from our march:

3aTaXe8.jpg

Madness

Except you know the majority of white women ACTUALLY voting Donald Trump into power. Even after everything he said and did, grab em by the pussy, megyn kelly and blood whatever, calling women pigs and dogs and saying Carly Fiorina doesn't have the face of a president, calling someone flat chested, a history of sexual assault allegations, white women wanted Donald Trump as President. They don't get to wash their hands of this with a march in which they try to co-opt the struggle of women of colour as well.

ZOONAMI

Except you know the majority of white women ACTUALLY voting Donald Trump into power. Even after everything he said and did, grab em by the pussy, megyn kelly and blood whatever, calling women pigs and dogs and saying Carly Fiorina doesn't have the face of a president, calling someone flat chested, a history of sexual assault allegations, white women wanted Donald Trump as President. They don't get to wash their hands of this with a march in which they try to co-opt the struggle of women of colour as well.

No one is washing their hands. Fuck off with this shit. Do the 47% of white women not matter? Do non-white women not matter?

Teggy

Fox News is just covering inauguration stuff and only covered the march as a little breaking news snippet. Incredible how blatant they are.

quesalupa

I'm so happy this happened. My outlook for the future is so much brighter now that I don't feel alone and I'm ready to do my part for a better world.

Meowster

This is a crummy picture I took just now at the Kansas City rally. More and more people are joining. I love this so much. It just keeps growing and the claps and cheers get louder with every second.

ErichWK

I'm curious how Trump's supporters are gonna a spin this.

Edit:

LOL I just read this comment on CNN's twitter showing yesterday compared to today.

"AnilMittal1945 ‏@akayemm
@CNN Comparing is improper and in poor taste. Shows CNN's prejudice in most obscene,ugly and unprofessional way, true to yellow journalism"

Madness

No one is washing their hands. Fuck off with this shit. Do the 47% of white women not matter? Do non-white women not matter?

Yeah because that is totally what I said right. The narrative is taking away from the reality of what happened. We're hearing mostly white woman voices about Trump and misogyny and what a danger he is, and protests and whatnot. And yet few are acknowledging the major role white women voting for Trump actually had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom