• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggandI

Banned
Tons and tons of right wing filth on social media are fuming about this march and I am loving every second of it. Never stop resisting this pissbaby manchild of a president.

8pTSVjV.gif

Dutch guy here but such a massive, enthousiastic turnout all over the world gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Also, please Elizabeth Warren 2020.

Also, Trumps speech at the CIA getting slaughtered at CNN right now in Wolf Blitzers program.

Gutek

Think how many people took the effort to make a sign, to make their way to a protest, but couldn't be bothered to vote and won't the next time either.

To be fair, they were made to believe that Hillary had it in the bag by the media. They're partially to blame for the low turnout, I'm sure.

ExVicis

Think how many people took the effort to make a sign, to make their way to a protest, but couldn't be bothered to vote and won't the next time either.
There was an amazing sign an old man made that specifically said to remember to go vote in 2018. He wasn't one of the only people to say things like that too.

Garlador

I wish all this passion and turnout was there during election day...

... But I'd be lying if I said such a passionate and massive turnout hasn't restored a great deal of confidence and hope I have that, despite setbacks, there are millions of progressive people across the globe that aren't going to just up and disappear and will fight for their liberties.

I'm hoping Trump's election was a wake-up call, and even those that didn't vote or didn't take the risks seriously now realize that they need to stand up and do something about it.

I had one of our regular customers, a older, very cheerful woman, come in yesterday really down in the dumps with Trump's inauguration. Really hope she hears about this and feels better. It's really disheartening seeing things like that.

Loxley

I just read on the BBC that apprently that the rally/march in London attracted between 80,000-100,000 people? Wow.

England, even though you're sending us Nigel Farage, you're still cool in my book.

Tons and tons of right wing filth on social media are fuming about this march and I am loving every second of it. Never stop resisting this pissbaby manchild of a president.
Without being able to spin it as rioting, this is the most they can muster
Mark Levin said:
Another boring March of left-wingers; let's hope they don't burn and pillage today

strafer

where the hell is all the snow...does it not snow in the US? Looks like damn summer in these pics.

And here i am in sweden freezing my ass off.

Retro

Where can I find some conservative/right wing responses to this? Very interested to see what is being said on the other side of all this.

Click any tweet posted in this thread and scroll down to the first or second response. Nazi punks are fuckin' livid.

Christ, I just saw a guy using an image of a male concentration camp prisoner to denounce the photo of the female Japanese internment camp prisoner.

where the hell is all the snow...does it not snow in the US?

Yeah, it's supposed to, that's one of the problems.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
These protests are great and all, but I really do hope it translates into turn out for the net two elections.

I remember there being huge protests in Wisconsin after 2010, and the Republicans wound up winning even more seats. :/

Ditto. Was there for the 2011 Walker protests and was at the protest in Madison today. Protesting doesn't mean shit if you don't get your fucking ass to the voting booth every two years.

Where can I find some conservative/right wing responses to this? Very interested to see what is being said on the other side of all this.
I'm not. I don't even have to look and I can tell you- a bunch of intellectually dishonest, hypocritical, hateful garbage.

Kaelan

Proud to see celebrities come out like Scarlett Johansson with her speech and Melissa Benoist. Overall this has been a great experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom