• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I just ruined my relationship with my family by letting them find out I'm pro-choice after they found out I went to the march in town. I love my family, and they knew I was liberal before, but apparently explicit support of pro-choice is too far. :-(
There's millions of people who stand with you. We stand with you. ✊️

Edit:Thank you Rokker for the amazing photos. I really like the power together one.

I think I just ruined my relationship with my family by letting them find out I'm pro-choice after they found out I went to the march in town. I love my family, and they knew I was liberal before, but apparently explicit support of pro-choice is too far. :-(

I hope it's just temporary and maybe you can still change some minds <3

rec0ded1

come on, give us the deets. this is our salt night

Well I exaggerated a bit. Just 4 back to back tweets with shit like "They claim trump will destory america, while they go out and destroy america" meme, footage of people blocking an Airman from entering inauguration checkpoint and how they should be put into cargo ships and left to drift, how these people need jobs,and mocking a john oliver clip how trump would never be president.

petty ass shit while we see the world in solidarity.

Lime

Just got home from our local version (big turnout) and I am seriously amazed and joyous at what I'm seeing on the news and Twitter from the US and around the world. This is the stuff that makes me get up in the morning and believe in the good in people.

eggandI

Banned
Nuh uh we totally had the biggest crowd ever!

image.jpg

A few photographs I took of the march in Nashville today. We may be in a sea of red here in the South, but the turnout was absolutely immense. Seems like a huge success across the world... so encouraging to see.

Women's March by Blake Dover, on Flickr

That looks awesome! I live close to nashville and wanted to make it today but unfortunately couldn't. I've never been more proud of music city!

That "I will not let you kill my patients Trump" sign is the stuff I'm talking about. If the worst comes to pass a mass walkout of medical professionals needs to be organized.

Glad to have been a part of this historic event. So many people from all around the country came to us here in DC, energy and excitement all around. I just wish the organizers' scheduling wasn't so terrible. A lot of the people were giving up on the event after having to listen to at least a dozen more activists weeeell after the scheduled march time. And Madonna's stupid statement about blowing up the White House had most of us walking away perplexed.

Here are some photos I took:

Gafs here for you bro. I'll even be your pothead uncle. I'm proud of you nephew.

Metal-Geo

00:21 in the night here in the Netherlands, and I can't stop watching the videos and photos. Rarely do you see something this powerful and beautiful.

Everyone involved is amazing. &#10084;&#65039;

Arc

For anyone at odds with their religious families today, here's a Bible verse I sent to my aunt that is helping build a bridge.

Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

For anyone at odds with their religious families today, here's a Bible verse I sent to my aunt that is helping build a bridge.

And if they get spicy and try to tell you that it says to obey the laws of the land in Romans just say,

"The man who wrote Romans 13 was executed by the government for not submitting to the government out of fidelity to Christ."

StoneFox

I am extremely proud of the massive turnouts everywhere. I would have joined the Phoenix one if I wasn't working today. This is definitely going down in history.

Hale-XF11

I love you guys.

<3

We need you just as much as you need us. I'm also estranged from my conservative family, who don't believe in equal rights, among other crazy things. It's gonna be ok though, because there's millions of people out there just like you and me. We got you.

Shaanyboi

Banned
If they can cut you out for that, then you didn't need them.

Arc

And if they get spicy and try to tell you that it says to obey the laws of the land in Romans just say,

"The man who wrote Romans 13 was executed by the government for not submitting to the government out of fidelity to Christ."

You must have also gone to Catholic high school lol

A few photographs I took of the march in Nashville today. We may be in a sea of red here in the South, but the turnout was absolutely immense. Seems like a huge success across the world... so encouraging to see.

Thanks for the pictures! I'm originally from there, so it warms my heart to see things like this!

I feel like one of the positive things learned today, based on the administration's reaction, is that prostesting against Trump might actually be effective, rather than just a symbol for the protestors to feel good about. A president with less insecurity might have just brushed off oposition protest, but Trump's ego is so fragile and such a consuming part of him that he actually feels the resistance. If the resistance protesting to his administration is well directed and consistent throughout his 4 years it may actually drive him insane.

Proud to have been in DC today.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Is there a list of all the marches taking place (or at least the major ones)?

Would love to calculate total headcounts for America and the world.

Seeing all of these amazing people marching has been a bit of a gentle comforting balm after the last few weeks, though I know it can't end here. I didn't get to attend my nearest march, but it's fucking incredible seeing photos from friends at various marches Facebook, and especially from friends who live all over the world. I didn't realize so many people had gone, I'm so proud and in awe of everyone.

Not much. She doesn't really talk about or follow politics so that isn't much of an issue

My brother is the friction point. He's 14, and he's learning about climate change in science class, so you can imagine how that's going when he's studying at home. Thankfully, even though the "Obama was a tyrant and worst president ever" attitude is rubbing off on him, he does challenge my dad's rejection of climate change
I swear this phenomenon half a country denying a fact like climate change is such an American thing and something I only see this widespread in the US. Not even China, the world's biggest polluting country, denies climate change.

Air

Banned
I wasn't able to make it, but I think it's important to know I support all of the woman who are fighting, gaffers and personal friends and family. Ladies, you rock

JeTmAn81

I posted this on Facebook:

"Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

Romans 13:1

"Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him."

Psalm 2:10-12

Basically, the Bible says that leaders are put there by God but are expected to live wisely. Also, in a representative democracy such as the US I think it's fair to consider the highest authority to be the people, not the president or government. I also posted a passage from the Declaration of Independence mentioning the people's right to overthrow and form new government.

Skilletor

Just got back from our protest in Colorado Springs. Really surprised by the turnout. Hopeful for the first time since the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom