• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wordle |OT| Daily Word Game | Share Your Scores

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Oh shit, it's redirecting to NYT now. Guess this is the beginning of the end. Streak seems to be intact though.

Edit: Nope, streak broken. It kept my max, but set my current back to 1. Fuck that, I'm out.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Damn, was down to the wire on the last guess. Looks like NYT updated the page and I couldn't get a copy before it moved to today's word.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
screenshot_20220211-001ked.png

Damn you NYT, this should say 22/22. Incredible that they managed to ruin it THE MOMENT they took it over.

Funny that it still says I've won 100%. Just broken.

Yes my streak is intact, but mine isn't as good as yours (9/10, but current streak is 7)

Cool, just mine that's broken then.

What's weird is that I got the same word as yesterday. Or rather, I was able to play again before midnight. So maybe that bug is what broke it and I shouldn't have played, but since I COULD I didn't want to risk losing my streak by not playing. And instead it caused me to lose it.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wordle 237 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeah, I said I was gonna quit, but I'll continue until they confirm it can't be fixed. I have to keep the streak going IF it can be restored.

I guess I could try using dev tools to fix the values myself, since it's just in local storage (which is a terrible way to do it btw, since that makes it super easy to change your stats to anything)...

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The NYT people must be sweating right now. I understand they paid over a million for this, and the moment they move it to their site they break the streaks of millions of people (probably, I don't know how many actually play this) and risk losing all those visitors they bought it for, lol.

Last edited:
The NYT people must be sweating right now. I understand they paid over a million for this, and the moment they move it to their site they break the streaks of millions of people (probably, I don't know how many actually play this) and risk losing all those visitors they bought it for, lol.
I dont think that much people give a crap about streaks. Besides maybe some vocal twitter fingers.

That being said it should be easy to fix this unless someone clears their browser. They really should have the data in their servers.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I dont think that much people give a crap about streaks. Besides maybe some vocal twitter fingers.

That being said it should be easy to fix this unless someone clears their browser. They really should have the data in their servers.

I don't think there's any data on any server. This game runs fully locally, and your stats are stored locally in your browser.

T-Cake

It seems odd how some people are being redirected to NYT website (my mother) but I can still play on powerlanguage.co.uk

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Have you guys seen the Math version?

www.mathler.com 10 4/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

mathler.com 10 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This is alright, but it takes too much hard thinking, and also just guessing. I don't feel like you can intuitively solve these like you can with Wordle, since it doesn't accept any valid calculation, but only a specific one. I guess it would have been trivial otherwise, but yeah, I just don't find this as enjoyable.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I thought so too at first, but I actually got to the solution via a classic association chain. It's rather fun once you get it.

I got stuck at like 18% similarity, and had no idea how to move on from there.

I also don't understand this:

The "Getting close" indicator tells you how close you are --if your word is one of the 1,000 nearest normal words to the target word, the rank will be given (1000 is the target word itself).

So what, rank 999 means it's the closest possible word to the correct one? Or rank 2 does? Shouldn't the target word have rank 1? Weird.

My current best guess has 36% similarity and rank 957. So what does that mean, that there are just 43 more similar words even though this one is just 36% similar?

Last edited:
mathler.com 10 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This is alright, but it takes too much hard thinking, and also just guessing. I don't feel like you can intuitively solve these like you can with Wordle, since it doesn't accept any valid calculation, but only a specific one. I guess it would have been trivial otherwise, but yeah, I just don't find this as enjoyable.
Quite like these maths ones, although I tend to be a little better with numbers than I am with words (maybe I just got a little lucky with my first pop mind you)

mathler.com 10 2/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I got stuck at like 18% similarity, and had no idea how to move on from there.
I believe the key is to think broader. The closest guess I had before I got today's word was 19-something, then I started thinking of what words I could commonly associate with the best ones I tried, and managed to guess correctly on the next try. It's a really interesting game.

Top Bottom