• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wordle |OT| Daily Word Game | Share Your Scores

Wordle 396 X/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩

16295360.gif

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Wordle 397 5/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So my guess #4 I didn't expect to be accepted but then I guess I never turned hard mode back on and just didn't realize it. As it happened it gave me a very simple letter scramble for the merciful 5-piece. Hard mode is back on for the future. If you turn on hard mode before clicking the share button, it will act as if your non-hard mode solve was hard mode. I mean not an exciting bug seeing as you could just add or remove an asterisk yourself after pasting but I like catching programmers not getting it quite right, what can I say?

So my guess #4 I didn't expect to be accepted but then I guess I never turned hard mode back on and just didn't realize it. As it happened it gave me a very simple letter scramble for the merciful 5-piece. Hard mode is back on for the future. If you turn on hard mode before clicking the share button, it will act as if your non-hard mode solve was hard mode. I mean not an exciting bug seeing as you could just add or remove an asterisk yourself after pasting but I like catching programmers not getting it quite right, what can I say?

Interesting. I was wondering how there were so many guesses on #396, but I guess if hard mode is off it allows anything? All I could come up with was 'tribe', 'tripe', and 'trite' (I guess 'trike' might be valid too?)

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Interesting. I was wondering how there were so many guesses on #396, but I guess if hard mode is off it allows anything? All I could come up with was 'tribe', 'tripe', and 'trite' (I guess 'trike' might be valid too?)
Doesn't allow anything, it allows valid words from a pretty liberal dictionary. Hard just adds some restrictions on top of it so you have to use the yellows you've already uncovered... but I don't think it actually locks green in place. And you can repeat incorrect positions for yellows. I also can't figure out the 5 incorrect guesses on #396. I did try playing Trike, I think I had already eliminated the P and the B by that point.

Top Bottom