• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

dave is ok

aztek is ok
DeathNote said:
got kt on my 2nd attempt. pretty easy.
now i have something to do weekly with this annual pass!

Is Yogg-Saron soloable?
Yes, but it could be pretty tough if you don't know the fight too well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
got kt on my 2nd attempt. pretty easy.
now i have something to do weekly with this annual pass!

Is Yogg-Saron soloable?
I went to do my weekly Kael'thas run and this week, Capernian decided to knock me entirely through the wall such that I landed randomly in Al'ar's room, where Thaladred and the other guy owned me since Telonicus arrived soon after that. No clue why, never had that happen before.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I went to do my weekly Kael'thas run and this week, Capernian decided to knock me entirely through the wall such that I landed randomly in Al'ar's room, where Thaladred and the other guy owned me since Telonicus arrived soon after that. No clue why, never had that happen before.
I hate her.
dave is ok said:
Yes, but it could be pretty tough if you don't know the fight too well.
Do you have to clear a lot of stuff before Yogg?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
I hate her.

Do you have to clear a lot of stuff before Yogg?
I don't think it would even be possible to access Yogg-Saron unless you do Fl. Lev., Razorscale, XT, Kologarn, all 4 watchers and faceless guy. No clue how do-able it is.

giri

DeathNote said:
How many mobs can you kill at once? Cause warrior can pretty much fight multiple mobs at once endlessly. Charging and victroy rush heal yourself after each mob death is amazingly fun.

Killing 5 single mobs with boring spells and having to drink is mind numbing.
3 or 4.

You're mashing the same buttons in the same order, just on a warrior. It's not really that different.

Duki

Banned
giri said:
3 or 4.

You're mashing the same buttons in the same order, just on a warrior. It's not really that different.
that will change tho as a priest

eventually theyll start hitting too hard

C.Dark.DN

Banned
giri said:
3 or 4.

I have an 85 priest and 85 warrior and this argument is getting ridiculous.

Priests are slower to level, have a more boring leveling rotation, have more down time, and have difficulty with too many mobs period.

There's a thing called momentum.

Does mean you can't have fun with a priest in endgame or leveling one... but weakness in comparison to another class is weakness.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:

Priests are slower to level, have a more boring leveling rotation, have more down time, and have difficulty with too many mobs period.

Does mean you can't have fun with a priest in endgame.
I should really get my Priest to 85. I still have 3 more toons to get to 85 =V

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I should really get my Priest to 85. I still have 3 more toons to get to 85 =V
Trick or treating everywhere and COC gave me like 53% of 84 on my Priest. And then the Magic Broom lets you have an instant cast flight form. Only reason it's 85 right now.

Angry Grimace said:
I don't think it would even be possible to access Yogg-Saron unless you do Fl. Lev., Razorscale, XT, Kologarn, all 4 watchers and faceless guy. No clue how do-able it is.

I think Razorscale is optional, but yeah it's still a lot of bosses.

giri

DeathNote said:

Does mean you can't have fun with a priest in endgame or leveling one... but weakness in comparison to another class is weakness.
Fun is entirely subjective, but the argument that it's tedious on a priest vs a warrior is also, entirely subjective.

Frankly, I've never been more bored than when i was leveling a warrior, to the point, i stopped.

giri

Anyway, the real reason i came back here. The line "must have a registered full version of World of Warcraft" on the annual pass & diablo 3 thing. Does that mean, WoW and the 3 expansions, or just the original game?

Thats never been clarified that i saw.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
giri said:
Anyway, the real reason i came back here. The line "must have a registered full version of World of Warcraft" on the annual pass & diablo 3 thing. Does that mean, WoW and the 3 expansions, or just the original game?

Thats never been clarified that i saw.

Pretty sure having expansions or not doesnt matter. "Full version" probably just mean it wont work with trial accounts. I guess you could still ask on the official forum and hope for a blue answer.

johnsmith

remember me
So did anybody else start collecting pets since the pokemon announcement? I went from 38 to 61 pets in just the last 2 days. Only 130 more to go!

Alex

As far as making the raid finder work properly, I'm unsure of what they could do. Probably introduce proper kick tools and some form of player rating system to start. I'm sure Blizzard, as usual, is horrified of actually punishing anyone but systems like this need to be a privilege. I haven't played League of Legends in awhile but I saw a bit back that they had instituted some kind of peer review system that looked really great.

I also kind of question going with 25-person raids for the Raid Finder. I'm assuming it was primarily done out of worry of class balance but if the difficulty is really knocked down another tier then it can't be such a huge deal. Herding 24 PUG members all at once is a far more difficult task than any actual piece of content in this game. :lol Reducing that should be the primary focus!

Goes against what I've said in the past, but it does really look like that reverting to the WOTLK method might be for the best. Keep the raid finder in conjunction with that (10 man) and it'd probably foster nice little splinter groups and guilds.

But I do have to say, though it may not be a popular thought, but as the be all end all form of PvE content I feel like traditional raiding may just need to finally keel over or at least marginalize, I had a lot of fun with it in the past but now It's sort of the last, awkward remnant of Everquest that no one will try to properly modernize. Mass content should always be a thing but it's time to look for smarter avenues of handling it.

TGMIII

Alex said:
But I do have to say, though it may not be a popular thought, but as the be all end all form of PvE content I feel like traditional raiding may just need to finally keel over or at least marginalize, I had a lot of fun with it in the past but now It's sort of the last, awkward remnant of Everquest that no one will try to properly modernize. Mass content should always be a thing but it's time to look for smarter avenues of handling it.

Raiding is fine as it is now and it's easier than ever. Just because a handful of players can't/won't listen or are just straight up bad/brain dead doesn't mean raiding needs an overhaul. Lowering the difficulty for 25-man LFG is a great way to do things, people who can't or don't want to get heavily into raiding get a chance to try it out and possibly finish the raid while the people who do get to have the same content in its untouched form.

I'm sure once it's full implemented things will work out. Just look at when LFG was first added, you had people disconnecting and raging all the time but it doesn't happen that much any more.

lordmrw

johnsmith said:
So did anybody else start collecting pets since the pokemon announcement? I went from 38 to 61 pets in just the last 2 days. Only 130 more to go!

I think I just found a new time killer! Can't believe I hadn't even considered it. I spent the last 3 months or so before Cataclysm soloing old instances and raids for weapons and armor because I had grown tired of ICC GDKP runs and was more or less rich. I really got into it, to the point I made an......extensive spreadsheet of stuff to get. I had no idea they would add transmogrifying at some point, I just thought the stuff looked cool. I remember a lot of people questioned why I bothered, those are the same ones now scrambling to get the same stuff i have now. But Pokemon battling is starting to sound a lot more interesting the more I think of it. I save alts for the down time before content patches and expansions and at this point the only classes I'm interested in are druid and making another rogue, more than likely not on the same server.

Miletius

CarbonatedFalcon said:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424797620?page=1

Bwahahahaha. As predicted. Still not on live, so obviously that will have some effect for various reasons, but I can't imagine it being much better.

Ouch. That sounds like a ton of fun. I think the unfortunate truth is that with LFR you are trying to bring a diverse group of people together to do something that they never really wanted to do (for various reasons). A subset of that group is people who never had the patience to raid because they literally have the attention span of a 5 year old.

Maybe what needs to be done is that they need to make bosses and trash more "agrro friendly" for 25 man LFR. Not sure if it can be done, but if they will kill ONLY those that attack them that sounds like it'll solve a lot of the "pulling BRB" problems. That will also allow time for boss strategy discussion.

johnsmith

remember me
I have a guildie with 169. Got a lot of catching up to do.

Finally got aroun to using the codes for all my blizzcon pets. Murkablo is somehow both cute and badass. Definitely my favorite pet.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
johnsmith said:
I have a guildie with 169. Got a lot of catching up to do.

Finally got aroun to using the codes for all my blizzcon pets. Murkablo is somehow both cute and badass. Definitely my favorite pet.

16fucking9? This guy must have everything available, including all blizzcon and CE pets.

johnsmith

remember me
Bisnic said:
16fucking9? This guy must have everything available, including all blizzcon and CE pets.
Naw. I think the most is 190something so he's still missing most of the ones that cost real money to get. He refuses to spend real money for pets so he doesn't get those unless he can get someone to buy them for him in exchange for gold.

Angry Grimace

Raid Finder is a total mess. I can't really see any option but to go down to 10. It's just too chaotic, although the first Ozruk clone boss is super easy.

Gave it a try last night and it was all over the place in terms of the random idiots you get thrown in with. I had to laugh about how the entire dungeon that I saw was reused assets though. I also kind of was confused why the dungeon is in the CoT rather than just being in Northrend; it's no more convenient to go to Tanaris as it is to Northrend.

CarbonatedFalcon said:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424797620?page=1

Bwahahahaha. As predicted. Still not on live, so obviously that will have some effect for various reasons, but I can't imagine it being much better.
To be fair, the significantly longer wait times on live will probably deter a lot of fuckery. Some of these people are overreacting, there's a lot of dumbshits on the PTR, even when you test 5 mans, so it's not unusual to see dumbshits in 25s.

Morchok is really easy on RF mode though; i.e. he only has three mechanics and one phase; stomp requires you to stack behind him, red orb thing requires your pre-assigned ranged players to run to the orb to absorb damage and he has a death grip then you line of sight the boiling oil pit behind the rocks he dropped around him.

If you have a crummy DK alt, he has a 1H str weapon you can feel proud of yourself for getting without any effort. The typical norm for this should be pre-formed on-server PUGs. That's going to be for sure the best way to use it.

Also, I laughed harder than I should have at players from Russian Realms dropping the food buffs and watching it say, "Player has dropped a русский алфавит"

Miletius

Just tried LFR on PTR before they shut it down. Experience was pretty bad. Had a rogue start by tolling by pulling the boss and wiping us. We kicked him and cleared to the boss. Wiped a couple of times because of orbs and tank running to take them. Group then disbanded. I don't know if I will be using this next patch.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I had a decent experience. Well, excluding that I spent the whole time at around TWO frames per second, we got the first boss to 5% after my 4th group. The others broke up after an attempt or two. The biggest problem was DCed people screwed up the ability to fill all slots.

DeathNote said:
181 exist

according to http**://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/SERVER/YOURTOON/companion

Guy I know has 175. Only ones he's missing are mostly archeology or other fairly easily available in-game ones. One Children's Week one (you get one a year out of 3, is it?), and Lil' Tarecgosa.

I know he has all the CE ones, and especially rare ones like Tyrael.

Rokam

Developer Q & A in about 30 minutes on main website or you can use mmo-champion.

Edit: First question terrible as usual.

Angry Grimace

Rokam said:
Developer Q & A in about 30 minutes on main website or you can use mmo-champion.

Edit: First question terrible as usual.
They're just screening the questions to only answer boring dumb questions like "where is Pandaria."

Miletius said:
Just tried LFR on PTR before they shut it down. Experience was pretty bad. Had a rogue start by tolling by pulling the boss and wiping us. We kicked him and cleared to the boss. Wiped a couple of times because of orbs and tank running to take them. Group then disbanded. I don't know if I will be using this next patch.
It will take 10x longer to queue on live so I don't consider it particularly likely you'll see a lot of pulling for lulz on live.

giri

BTW, yesterday i asked in here if you needed to have WoW plus all the expansions, to get the D3 for free deal, with the annual pass, or just have a paid version of the original WoW.

Lodged a support ticket and they confirmed that you only need the original to be eligible for the deal.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
giri said:
BTW, yesterday i asked in here if you needed to have WoW plus all the expansions, to get the D3 for free deal, with the annual pass, or just have a paid version of the original WoW.

Lodged a support ticket and they confirmed that you only need the original to be eligible for the deal.
You could have just logged into battle.net, navigated to where it says how much game time you have left, and saw if it was being offered to you.

giri

DeathNote said:
You could have just logged into battle.net, clicked accounts, and saw if it was being offered to you.
I think it was being offered to just about everyone regardless of eligibility hence why they have a FAQ entry about "owning a full version of WoW". But i figured i was eligible, but just wanted to make sure and clear it up. Shared knowledge with y'all.

Pollux

johnsmith said:

When they say "pets" do they mean like the hunter-esque pets or the companions?

Rokal

Previously, I'd been paying monthly and sometimes using GTCs. Never know when you might get bored and want to stop playing, right?

Now I'm locked in for a year on the 3 month plan though :\

Top Bottom