• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

C.Dark.DN

Banned
giri said:
i'm levelling a priest now and this is an odd statement. I can go 5 mobs before i have to even think about drinking/eating. just have to keep shield up.

now i've got shadow form it goes something like

mind blast --> shadow word: Pain -->power word shield --> wand till MB comes up --> MB for the kill.
How many mobs can you kill at once? Cause warrior can pretty much fight multiple mobs at once endlessly. Charging and victroy rush heal yourself after each mob death is amazingly fun.

Killing 5 single mobs with boring spells and having to drink is mind numbing.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
1 week of killng Headless Horseman on 4 different 85s and still no mount.

J9n8G.gif

notworksafe

B-Dex said:
:brofist

Always liked warriors. Had a female dwarf one way back before burning crusade. Mine is a male gobby this time. New animations and overall the model just looks cooler.
:D Goblin ftw!

I've only played War once before. Made a human warrior in BC while waiting for guild mates to catch up to my Shaman after I PL'd to 70. Enjoyed it a lot but didn't have time to play it once we started with the raid grind.

EDIT: What's the preferred map addon? I was using Mapster back in the day but now it's out of date and doesn't work well.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
:D Goblin ftw!

I've only played War once before. Made a human warrior in BC while waiting for guild mates to catch up to my Shaman after I PL'd to 70. Enjoyed it a lot but didn't have time to play it once we started with the raid grind.

EDIT: What's the preferred map addon? I was using Mapster back in the day but now it's out of date and doesn't work well.
for questing? I just use the default ui and look up coords on wowhead in the rare cases I need them
http://www.wowhead.com/maps

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The deal makes the monthly sub a bit over half price if you value each month as $14.99, Diablo 3 as $59.99, and the mount as $25

I bit

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That mount will be approximately the same level of interesting as the Celestial Steed 10 minutes after you obtain it and notice the other 50 people with it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
That mount will be approximately the same level of interesting as the Celestial Steed 10 minutes after you obtain it and notice the other 50 people with it.
Beats my 8 alts being on horde wind riders tbh. Which are more common.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
I just meant an addon to make the map resizable and add quest markers and arch sites onto it, but it seems that Blizz jacked that and made it their own,

Makes my life easier.
I think they are going to improve some stuff in 4.3.

"Archaeology areas of interest will now show on the mini-map, in addition to the World Map."
"Quest Tracking areas or points of interest will now show on the mini-map, in addition to the World Map."

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
cant wait until they pump up archaeology. i really have no desire to finish what is there now, even though it would be cool to have it all.

i think i really just need to get my bank cleared out and put into void storage before i could even keep most of the cool stuff anyway.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
davepoobond said:
cant wait until they pump up archaeology. i really have no desire to finish what is there now, even though it would be cool to have it all.

i think i really just need to get my bank cleared out and put into void storage before i could even keep most of the cool stuff anyway.
They will probably just abandon it and/or make it identical to the way it is now.

What's the H 10 man Shannox strat? If you were explaining it to everyone before an attempt.

If you have time for the others excluding Rag by all means. :)

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
I think they are going to improve some stuff in 4.3.

"Archaeology areas of interest will now show on the mini-map, in addition to the World Map."
"Quest Tracking areas or points of interest will now show on the mini-map, in addition to the World Map."
Oh good. I was going to say that is the one thing I would add to the current map setup.

Also...I got my HH mount last year :D Never doing that bullshit again, not even on an alt!

Bisnic

Syphon Filter said:
Still new to the game and playing the trail. What should i be doing besides fighting creatures and dong quests?

Dungeons and battlegrounds.

Edit : DK T13 on MMochamp...

Cool shoulders, nice helm, the rest is terrible...Flat chest? Check. Flat pants? Check. Flat belt? Check. Ugh. I wish they could make the rest of the gear as good as the shoulders and helm already.

Also, nice golden dragon in there.

ch0mp

half a moon said:
What's the H 10 man Shannox strat? If you were explaining it to everyone before an attempt.

If you have time for the others excluding Rag by all means. :)
Being an range dps I don't pay attention to the details, but the fight revolves around getting resets on the stacking buff on each of the dogs - rageface by trapping and kiting him, and resets on riplimb by snaring and kiting him when he returns the spear.

Bisnic said:
Dungeons and battlegrounds.

Edit : DK T13 on MMochamp...

Cool shoulders, nice helm, the rest is terrible...Flat chest? Check. Flat pants? Check. Flat belt? Check. Ugh. I wish they could make the rest of the gear as good as the shoulders and helm already.

Also, nice golden dragon in there.

I think I remember them saying during the art panel that they're doing just that in Mists of Pandaria.

TheYanger

Man. I expected skulls and disappointment, but Blizz exceeded how disappointed I expected to be. This set is fucking atrocious, gg.

Angry Grimace

The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.

lolwut

yacobod

Banned
TheYanger said:
Man. I expected skulls and disappointment, but Blizz exceeded how disappointed I expected to be. This set is fucking atrocious, gg.

one can only hope the leak is the scrapped dk set, because if that's the real one then LOL.

TGMIII

Nugg said:
Sure, it still drops from the SSC in Zangar and Tempest Keep in Netherstorm

Long time since I've played so do I still need to get the tokens from each boss or are they just drops now?

Balehead

Leveling up a warrior now, supposed to be tanking SM: Cathedral. Healer is a naked retri paladin who's trolling the whole group and we're stuck with it. Decided to teleport back into SW for a while and now I'm afking inside the instance and the rest of the group is turning against me for not trying. Healing received 0. Oh boy.

FLEABttn

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

Hey, remember when Blizzard said that having too much raiding to do was a bad idea?

I like the 360 they took on that in the course of 18 months. Maybe 10's and 25's won't share a lockout, again, 6 months into MoP.

Bisnic

RPGCrazied said:
I hope they don't put the Tyreal mount up on the store. I think that would kill the rareness of it.

"Rareness"? Any WoW player planning to play WoW for another year can have it for free, i'm sure that won't make it rare.

RPGCrazied

Bisnic said:
"Rareness"? Any WoW player planning to play WoW for another year can have it for free, i'm sure that won't make it rare.

Yeah, but not "everyone" will sub for another year, and they can't even cancel no less if something happens and can't afford it that month. I don't think a lot of people would risk that It'll be nice to see more than just the celestial steed though..

Angry Grimace

Nugg said:
Sure, it still drops from the SSC in Zangar and Tempest Keep in Netherstorm
SSC and Tempest are soloable by most classes, duoable for sure. I can do all of SSC and TK on my DK, including Kael, but in a bit of irony, DK's have no T5 :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
SSC and Tempest are soloable by most classes, duoable for sure. I can do all of SSC and TK on my DK, including Kael, but in a bit of irony, DK's have no T5 :lol
What's your spec, gear, and strat?

Magnus

Kael is duo-able by me (a priest of any spec) and another class? Man, that'd be fun to try. I had a blast doing him with small groups at 80 for the mount (which finally dropped for a good friend of mine during my absence from the game this year). I don't think we ever managed to kill him with fewer than 8 people at level 80 though. I recall one of the major recurring problems being our lack of someone to use the daggers to break a mind control...? We never had a rogue willing to join us for those runs.

If it's duo-able at 85....man. Haha. I gotta get on that. What a sweet mount.

TheYanger

Magnus said:
Kael is duo-able by me (a priest of any spec) and another class? Man, that'd be fun to try. I had a blast doing him with small groups at 80 for the mount (which finally dropped for a good friend of mine during my absence from the game this year). I don't think we ever managed to kill him with fewer than 8 people at level 80 though. I recall one of the major recurring problems being our lack of someone to use the daggers to break a mind control...? We never had a rogue willing to join us for those runs.

If it's duo-able at 85....man. Haha. I gotta get on that. What a sweet mount.
Harder to d duo than solo for most classes due to the mind control.

Mairu

I really hope they don't add double lockouts everywhere. I would definitely prefer they just separate 10 man and 25 man lockouts again if they want to give people more opportunities to raid current content.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
What's your spec, gear, and strat?
It's not super hard - the only "hard" thing about it is that you have to have enough DPS to get through P4 without dying which is a little luck based too because the pheonixes spawn with a flamestrike which can take you down half your life, but tends to miss due to level difference. The biggest issue is that you're repeatedly disoriented by Kael.

Using a fairly typical Blood spec which looks for "threat" talents (i.e. BcB). Doable if you have ~ilvl 360 gear and a decent 378 weapon (Ragewyn did it with 359s, but it's substantially easier the better your 2Her is).

TheYanger said:
Harder to d duo than solo for most classes due to the mind control.
People always freak out and don't take bloodworms on the theory he'll MC you during the disorient (which theoretically works because he only M/C's non aggro holding persons, which is always you if a pet has aggro) but I've never had it happen ever, so I'm not sure if it's actually worth speccing out of bloodworms.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
It's not super hard - the only "hard" thing about it is that you have to have enough DPS to get through P4 without dying which is a little luck based too because the pheonixes spawn with a flamestrike which can take you down half your life, but tends to miss due to level difference (plus you're repeatedly disoriented by Kael so it's annoying).

Using a fairly typical Blood spec which looks for "threat" talents (i.e. BcB).

People always freak out and don't take bloodworms on the theory he'll MC you during the disorient (which theoretically works because he only M/C's non aggro holding persons, which is always you if a pet has aggro) but I've never had it happen ever, so I'm not sure if it's actually worth speccing out of bloodworms.
Do you do this?

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=19622/kaelthas-sunstrider#comments:120
I was able to solo this earlier on live as a blood DK.

http://i.imgur.com/g8Zfx.jpg

What you need:
Bare minimum ilevel 359, all DPS gear. Stat priority Strength > Hit to spell cap > Expertise to softcap > Crit. Tank gear will make phases 2 and 3 extremely difficult because they will take too long.
PVP trinket ilevel 352+ (preferrably the crit one)
Standard blood tank spec centered around threat, 35/0/6, taking everything in blood except Hand of Doom, Butchery and Crimson Scourge. I went 2/3 Will of the Necropolis and 2/3 Scent of Blood.
Prime glyphs: Death Strike, Death and Decay, Heart Strike. Majors: AMS, Bone Shield, third doesn't matter. Minors: Blood Tap, HoW, Path of Frost
Prismatic Elixir
Elixir of Impossible Accuracy / enough hit from gear to be spell hitcapped
Runescroll of Fortitude, kings drums, strength food
I reforged into crit heavily as mastery is nearly worthless on this fight and diseases don't scale with haste
A'lar and Void Reaver should be dead, as well as all trash in the instance except for that in Solarian's room and the hallway on that side if you didn't bother killing her.
Engineering saves you some damage and gives you some damage boost, I recommend it. Parachute cloak, Synapse Springs and Nitro Boosts enchants
Strat is basically the same as Raegwyn's video from beta.

Phase 1: Engage KT. Run out of the room and all the way to the beginning of the instance. The doors to KT's room don't close until the first Advisor activates. Thaladred is first. Tank him right by the raid entrance door with your back to the wall so you don't get knocked back out of the instance. Burn him down. Wait for Sanguinar, engage him about 30y inside from the raid door so you don't get feared out. Note the fear can be LOSed. Tank him where you killed Thaladred. Once he dies run back the way you came. Capernian will meet you just outside the doorway leading out of A'lar's room towards KT's room. AMS once you're within 30y of her and run past her, then run all the way back to the now-closed door leading into KT's room. With your back to this door, she -should- run into the previous doorway. Try and get her positioned so that you can stand between her and a wall and not be knocked back out of melee range. PVP trinket a conflagrate if necessary to do this. Burn her down. Telonicus is last, I took him just inside Void Reaver's room (which was empty since I'd killed him already) and killed him there. The first cast of Remote Toy -can- be LOSed here if you're lucky, so burn him quickly. Otherwise if you get the debuff, don't kill him until it has about 10 seconds left on it so that you're not being chain stunned at the start of...

Phase 2: Run back to where you killed Capernian. You'll meet the weapons halfway. Target and kill the Cosmic Infuser first. Interrupt its "heal" cast and drag it and the melee weapons on top of the bow/staff of Disintegration so you can AOE them down with D&D / pestilenced diseases / heart strike cleave. Once the Cosmic Infuser is dead, target the Phaseshift Bulwark and just heart strike cleave off of it until it's dead. Kill the rest. You should probably have 5-10 seconds left before...

Phase 3: The advisors resurrect. Stand between Capernian and the wall. I cast Army/Risen Ghoul at this point, AMSed just before she became targetable, blew cooldowns; Blood Fury, DRW etc. You must kill Capernian as quickly as possible, preferrably before you get conflagged. If you do, PVP trinket. Telonicus will arrive when Capernian is at about 20-30%. Finish her off, then burn him. Don't IBF if you get Remote Toy, you can outheal the bomb damage, just run back and forth through him and most of his casts will miss. He should die just as Sanguinar arrives. Start burning Sanguinar and moving yourself slowly back towards the hallway connecting A'lar's room with Void Reaver's. Tank him with your back facing a wall. He should die just as Thaladred arrives, you will be knocked back the moment Thaladred gets within 20y of you and if you had your back to a wall this shouldn't be a problem. He should die with 10-15 seconds left before...

Phase 4: The moment Thaladred dies, run towards A'lar's room and be about 40-50y from the bottom of the ramp, between it and the doorway leading out of the instance. You may be able to bandage here. KT will cast his first Shock Barrier / Pyroblast somewhere on the ramp. AMS and run to him. AMS will absorb the first 1 1/2 Pyroblasts, mind freeze the last one. Get diseases / D&D up, you will be disoriented at this point. The phoenix adds will kill themselves, so just cleave off of KT with heart strike. Try to avoid standing in the flamestrike AOE under where a phoenix spawns - this will miss most of the time due to level difference but if it does hit you, it hits for about 80K. Save PVP trinket for if your health gets low and you get disoriented. When the phoenix adds die and an egg spawns, switch to it and burn it as quickly as possible to avoid it rebirthing and knocking you back 40 yards. When KT is about to cast Shock Barrier again, AMS with a second or so to go, this will absorb the first Pyroblast and you should be able to burn through the shield to interrupt the next. Repeat until KT reaches 50% and transitions to phase 5.

Note that KT does a mind control in Phase 4. KT -can- MC you, but only during the disorient and only if bloodworms or a ghoul are out during that time. I haven't been MCed yet over 3 solo kills and the ~20ish attempts I put in at first but you can simply spec out of worms if the risk bothers you.

Phase 5: KT will run all the way from where you are back to his room to do the RP / graphics that he does between these two phases. Note that he is still attackable during this time while he is running. He runs a lot faster than you, so get diseases up and use Nitro Boosts to catch up to him to get more damage in if you can. If they fail no loss. You can get him down to 40% this way.

KT will go through the RP. When he casts his first Gravity Lapse of the phase, he will teleport you to him (he will be just outside the door leading into his room) from wherever you are in the instance, and you'll have the flight buff. Refresh diseases, drop a D&D under him and start flying back to A'lar's room, don't bother AMSing or worrying about the damage he does midair. Try not to land before the debuff falls off. If the debuff falls off while you're at a great height, parachute cloak or Path of Frost to negate fall damage. Get back down the ramp to where you started Phase 4, you can bandage here. Strangulate the first fireball cast, AMS and tank him at the bottom of the ramp, burn him as much as possible before the next Gravity Lapse. When he does Gravity Lapse fly away from him, drop a D&D under him and any adds and refresh diseases on him. Wait for Gravity Lapse to end before reengaging in melee. PVP trinket the first disorient if there's more than 10 seconds left before the next Gravity Lapse or your HP is below 50%. You can Army again if you like, but this phase is trivial and he should die pretty quickly.

Collect your free gold, loot and hopefully phoenix mount.

I found the sound tends to bug out during the phase 4-5 transition, toggling sound from "hardware" to "software" and back fixes it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Yup; almost identically.

Depending on your gear, you may or may not actually have to be super precise where you place the advisors.
How long does the fight take and how many bosses do you need to clear?

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
How long does the fight take and how many bosses do you need to clear?
Al'ar and Void Reaver, although you can get away with not doing Void Reaver, plus most of the trash. Fight itself is 10m long. Bone Shield glyph is mandatory to get where you need to go fast enough and not move out of BP.

I had an amusing exchange in a HH random. I just queue tank without even bothering to move out of DPS spec or gear (although I HAVE tank gear, it's slower and pointless and you never ever die on HH no matter what you do, it's just slower to use Blood spec). Level 84 healer immediately bitches about tank gear when I zone in. I tell him it makes no difference at all since it's HH and not even an actual heroic or dungeon. He bitches anyways. We do the fight, I hold aggro the whole fight and don't go below 80% health even once. His guildie, a warlock that did 5000 DPS, argues that his Voidwalker did all the tanking, even though I have the ability to see when I have aggro by looking at the fucking screen. I don't even think it's literally possible for a Voidwalker to pull aggro with the new threat mechanics on a DK doing full DPS in Blood Presence.

Angry Grimace

DK T13 can't be for real. I would have thought that was maybe the rejected one that caused them to cancel. If not, how bad was the original?!

Edit: LFR has been released on the PTR; the ilvl minimum is 365.

Angry Grimace said:
DK T13 can't be for real. I would have thought that was maybe the rejected one that caused them to cancel. If not, how bad was the original?!

Edit: LFR has been released on the PTR; the ilvl minimum is 365.

As if minimum Item level means anything now, PvP items should just be removed from the calculation.

Top Bottom