• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Gold is so high nowadays, But it was always going to happen, not enough goldsinks in the game.

TBC dungeons are fun, but move a bit slow. You won't want to do them more than once.

giri

Subliminal said:
Gold is so high nowadays, But it was always going to happen, not enough goldsinks in the game.

TBC dungeons are fun, but move a bit slow. You won't want to do them more than once.
Yeah, i can see how people would have built up the gold, just seems insane. And i guess once you have all your gear and all the mods for it........... there's not much else to spend it on.

ampere

DeathNote said:
You confused me. lol.

This is what I want to do:
Step 1: Get 6/7 N on my alt.
Step 2: Down Heroic Shannox and Heroic Beth on our mains then disband.
Step 3: Form a new group with my 6/7N alt to boost everyone to 6/7N.
Step 4: Leave the group, join on my main, zone in and be boosted to 6/7N with everyone else and down Rag N.

Edit: If that works, can the alt be used to boost everyone again over and over?

Disclaimer: Morality is low right now in the guild and no one can use loot from 6/7 Normal. I want to have a heroic Shann at least and Normal Rag kills back to back for a week or two to keep the guild alive.
As I understand it, if you do any heroic modes, you are saved to that particular lockout as you would have been with Wrath lockout mechanics.

Why not just do those two heroics and blow through the other 4?

Alex

I'd probably pull the trigger if it got me into the D3 beta, too. I've had really crap luck getting into betas lately!

Yea... about that inflation... more info to come soon on item levels & character power in 5.0.

Sounds like they might do something with the stat/value inflation.

Duki

Banned
ClovingSteam said:
Duki? You WoW it up? Thought u were only goin for D3, duki? You were talkin smack about Dota2 so I'm surprised lol.
dota is what you get when you take all the smelliest, most maladjusted wow nerds and give them an entire game to themselves

i used to play wow with my sister lol, we just kind of bought it one day and started playing through together

had our own two man guild :3

never was very serious though, just kind of liked questing

the games too easy now to be interesting with two people though :(

i remember when we started we had no idea wtf we were doing and kept dying and it was much more fun

Duki said:
dota is what you get when you take all the smelliest, most maladjusted wow nerds and give them an entire game to themselves

i used to play wow with my sister lol, we just kind of bought it one day and started playing through together

had our own two man guild :3

never was very serious though, just kind of liked questing

the games too easy now to be interesting with two people though :(

i remember when we started we had no idea wtf we were doing and kept dying and it was much more fun
Do you play regularly?

Duki

Banned
nah, not for months and months, if i ever really did

always get the itch whenever a new expansions is announced though

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I almost feel bad swooping in and blowing some fool the fuck up while he tries fruitlessly to gather his bear asses on a PvP server because like 90% of the time everyone avoids each other.

Rokam

Angry Grimace said:
I almost feel bad swooping in and blowing some fool the fuck up while he tries fruitlessly to gather his bear asses on a PvP server because like 90% of the time everyone avoids each other.

During BC I had an alliance warrior on Maiev, which at that time I could /who 70 and there'd be like 2 other allies. I'd just spend my days patrolling Hellfire killing any Horde, it made me feel better about being on the worst server ever.

giri

Duki said:
o wow giri

what server are you playing on
dragonmaw, you?

i'm pissing about more than anything, but just had a HDD failure on my main pc, so i'm on mmy laptop. Gotta re-download wow. Sigh @ 10gig.

YakiSOBA

How long does it take to get enough justice points to start getting T11 gear? (I'm only lvl 71 but I get like 16 JP every time I grind out a random dungeon finder lol)

Is it next to impossible to get T11 gear unless I'm in a dedicated guild that goes through the dungeons that give out JP?

TGMIII

YakiSOBA said:
How long does it take to get enough justice points to start getting T11 gear? (I'm only lvl 71 but I get like 16 JP every time I grind out a random dungeon finder lol)

Is it next to impossible to get T11 gear unless I'm in a dedicated guild that goes through the dungeons that give out JP?

I wouldn't say impossible but you'll have a much easier time doing it through a guild.

Duki

Banned
giri said:
dragonmaw, you?

i'm pissing about more than anything, but just had a HDD failure on my main pc, so i'm on mmy laptop. Gotta re-download wow. Sigh @ 10gig.
jubei

dat almost accurate timezone

when i played on us servers everyone was always asleep :(

giri

Duki said:
jubei

dat almost accurate timezone

when i played on us servers everyone was always asleep :(
it's nicer that way when you're levelling during the week, no one out ganking shit, stealing your quest kills, or being annoying.

It's bad for you in terms of raiding though. basically means you can only do weekends with the yanks.

notworksafe

Bah, I wish I could find my discs.

I went the total download route to reinstall. Got everything done, started up the game last night, and played for about 15 secs before the whole thing started freaking out graphically. The game froze, had to be force quit, and now when I start it up it is redownloading 5 GB. Awesome.

notworksafe said:
Bah, I wish I could find my discs.

I went the total download route to reinstall. Got everything done, started up the game last night, and played for about 15 secs before the whole thing started freaking out graphically. The game froze, had to be force quit, and now when I start it up it is redownloading 5 GB. Awesome.
Yeah that stinks. I've done a complete download at least a couple of times and never encountered any problems, thankfully. I may have to give it another go since I have nothing installed on my PC right now.

notworksafe

First time I've gone with an all download install too. Oh well. Luckily the download speed is fast. I'll try again this afternoon and see how it goes.

I did notice that my Wardrobe addon saved my outfit configs even though I uninstalled WoW. No other addon saved its config either. Crazy!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
YakiSOBA said:

What? No.

You only get 16 JP per random at WLK levels but it increases to 140 per random when you hit 80.

Jrmint

Every heroic 5 man boss drops 70 justice points. Honestly get in a guild though. There are so many benefits to it now there is no reason not to.

notworksafe

Interesting. I wasn't prompted for my authenticator code when logging in to WoW today (I was yesterday), but was asked for it when logging in to the Battle.net site. Is this a new thing?

Also I'm considering a new priest since I haven't played once since spriest was awesome in BC. How are they now (as heals and DPS)?

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
Interesting. I wasn't prompted for my authenticator code when logging in to WoW today (I was yesterday), but was asked for it when logging in to the Battle.net site. Is this a new thing?

Also I'm considering a new priest since I haven't played once since spriest was awesome in BC. How are they now (as heals and DPS)?
It retains your authenticator information on the WoW client on the same computer for fairly long periods of time, although it will still prompt you for it every couple of weeks or so. Battle-net will always ask for it.

If you attempt to log in from a different IP your account now just gets immediately locked, but few people actually know this since few people attempt to do this. It's actually really annoying since you literally can't play from 2 places basically ever.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
notworksafe said:

They changed it a few months ago, when you log into the game, it rarely ask for your authenticator now. I think i'm asked like once a week for that. Something about their server saving your IP address and authenticator i think.

edit : Angry was faster and more clear.

notworksafe

Holy shit! You can reorder characters on the select screen! Amazing.

Don't feel like playing my Pally or Druid atm. Plus I never did much of the Goblin stuff. Sooo...Warrior or Priest? It'd be nice to be able to solo group stuff but Warrior used to be so dull to level. Priest seems fun but is so squishy. I've got heirlooms for both though.

Tough choices.

TheYanger

Angry Grimace said:
It retains your authenticator information on the WoW client on the same computer for fairly long periods of time, although it will still prompt you for it every couple of weeks or so. Battle-net will always ask for it.

If you attempt to log in from a different IP your account now just gets immediately locked, but few people actually know this since few people attempt to do this. It's actually really annoying since you literally can't play from 2 places basically ever.

That's not true, I've played from many IPs over time, on two seperate computers (desktop and laptop). I'm not sure what the criteria is, but it's definitely not just being in a different area. It DOES mean that it asks for your auth if it's a different computer or ip though.

Dresden

Leveling a warrior:

Charge -> HULK SMASH -> Charge -> Victory Rush -> Charge -> Victory Rush

Leveling a priest:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsmitesmiteholyfiresmitesmitezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shadow isn't even that good until you get VT. >.>

cupcakes.jpg

Awesome aha

notworksafe

Warrior it is. Bummer that Priest leveling is still so dull. I'd hoped that it's improved some since BC (the last time I leveled one).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dresden said:
Leveling a warrior:

Charge -> HULK SMASH -> Charge -> Victory Rush -> Charge -> Victory Rush

Leveling a priest:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsmitesmiteholyfiresmitesmitezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shadow isn't even that good until you get VT. >.>

You forgot Penance which hits like a truck in early lvls with heirlooms. Unless you are crazy enough to lvl up as Holy.

Beside, its much better to lvl a priest with dungeons, and as Disc. Dpsing with smites and holy fires while still healing everyone around with these spells : Runs are done faster with 5 people doing damage and no one dies.

B-Dex

notworksafe said:
Warrior it is. Bummer that Priest leveling is still so dull. I'd hoped that it's improved some since BC (the last time I leveled one).

:brofist

Always liked warriors. Had a female dwarf one way back before burning crusade. Mine is a male gobby this time. New animations and overall the model just looks cooler.

giri

notworksafe said:
i'm levelling a priest now and this is an odd statement. I can go 5 mobs before i have to even think about drinking/eating. just have to keep shield up.

now i've got shadow form it goes something like

mind blast --> shadow word: Pain -->power word shield --> wand till MB comes up --> MB for the kill.

Top Bottom