• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

suzu

Getting so bored! Need 4.3 nowz!

Rambaldi said:
We're trying Rag again tonight. It's not a HARD fight except for the idiots who can't seem to grasp the way we need to kill the Sons of Flame.

I'm sick of this fight, honestly. And sick of stupidity. I should just take a break until 4.3 but I did the annual pass so it seems kinda silly. I just think I'm burned out on 4.2.
Heroic? Normal is ridiculously easy.

Rokam

I really really really hate having to have an alchemist to make anything for Blacksmithing, such a shitty system. I can either wait each day and pray to find someone who can transmute or spend 400g per bar sigh. [/ventoff]

lordmrw

suzu said:

Normal really is easy but you can always count on that one person who will continuously fuck it up and hold the other 9/24 people back.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
suzu said:
Just saying, "everything is easy" is not constructive at all; the only purpose of announcing it is either getting a shot in at the poster or bragging. Maybe, just maybe, his guild isn't as good as yours.

Dunlop

suzu said:

Like a bajillion games have gone F2P, take a break from wow until 4.3

I got sick of the game once they made FL raids to the point where breathing was a prerequisite to beating it (ok slight exaggeration), MMO's are easy by nature as they want to keep you on the hook with monthly subs but I did enjoy the challenge when first taking down bosses.

Joined Rift on the $10 Steam sale..LOVED it..Hit 50 and realized I don't want to do the steps to make myself raid ready (great game imho, like someone else's take on wow)

Started playing DC Universe Online (F2P)

Once 4.3 comes around if I resubb, WOW will seem like a whole new game
KuGsj.gif

Rokal

Not to turn this into a Rift thread, but I've been enjoying it too for the last couple months. One thing I'll point out is that getting to the point where you are 'raid ready' is actually pretty fun/simple. The T1/T2 dungeons are pretty awesome, and I love how they expand on the leveling dungeons to make them more meaty/challenging. You can also do level 45-50 zone events for gear, which I also enjoyed. In short, even if you don't plan to raid (i'm not sure whether I'm going to), it might be worth gearing up since the process was pretty entertaining. You can also just buy/craft upgrades and get 'raid ready' very quickly, but where is the fun in that?

I'm guessing 4.3 will release in early/mid Dec. If they release it in November, people will be bored of it long before SWTOR comes out. When it releases will be a strategic decision, not based on how bored everyone is of 4.2 unfortunately.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rokal said:
Not to turn this into a Rift thread, but I've been enjoying it too for the last couple months. One thing I'll point out is that getting to the point where you are 'raid ready' is actually pretty fun/simple. The T1/T2 dungeons are pretty awesome, and I love how they expand on the leveling dungeons to make them more meaty/challenging. You can also do level 45-50 zone events for gear, which I also enjoyed. In short, even if you don't plan to raid (i'm not sure whether I'm going to), it might be worth gearing up since the process was pretty entertaining. You can also just buy/craft upgrades and get 'raid ready' very quickly, but where is the fun in that?

I'm guessing 4.3 will release in early/mid Dec. If they release it in November, people will be bored of it long before SWTOR comes out. When it releases will be a strategic decision, not based on how bored everyone is of 4.2 unfortunately.
I think I got to level 9 before I got bored of the environments and quit. Let's not forget I bought this at launch, so I paid full retail. =/ I just didn't like it, but different strokes.

I don't think you'll see a mid-december release for 4.2 at all. That would miss the Darkmoon Faire and there really isn't enough left to test on the PTR to sustain that schedule. 2 or 3 more weeks seems more like what I'd expect since the only issue now is that the bosses are supposedly not tuned up. I have a sneaking suspicion they are as tuned as Blizzard wants them (i.e. 10 man WLK level tuned), but people don't realize Blizzard is doing that yet.

Rokal

Angry Grimace said:
I think I got to level 9 before I got bored of the environments and quit. Let's not forget I bought this at launch, so I paid full retail. =/ I just didn't like it, but different strokes.

I was in the same boat as you, actually. I think I made it to 18 or so when it launched, and I quit after less than a month. I enjoyed it more the second time around, but I never had problems with the environments.

An under-tuned Deathwing raid would be very disappointing, especially if MoP is a long way off. If they are just testing mechanics/bugs, wouldn't it make more sense to let people test an easier version so you know they are moving through the fight? I don't see why they would tune the 4.3 raids easy if they're adding LFR in the same patch.

Angry Grimace

Rokal said:
I was in the same boat as you, actually. I think I made it to 18 or so when it launched, and I quit after less than a month. I enjoyed it more the second time around, but I never had problems with the environments.

An under-tuned Deathwing raid would be very disappointing, especially if MoP is a long way off. If they are just testing mechanics/bugs, wouldn't it make more sense to let people test an easier version so you know they are moving through the fight? I don't see why they would tune the 4.3 raids easy if they're adding LFR in the same patch.
I just have a suspicion. They're back to the "Everyone should see content" song and dance from back in WLK when they had a really good raiding model going.

I suppose they could tune them back up, but for the most part, all the legitimate feedback they get on those bosses tends to be from guilds that could already smash it on release anyways.

suzu

You put the people least likely to fuck up/has stuns or knockbacks on the short side, and on sons closest to the hammer, right?

We have this typed out so ppl won't say they got their assignments wrong or whatever:

12 Hammer 345678 (flip this around for the other side)
1234 Hammer 5678

If it's always the same people messing it up... I dunno. lol. :( When we did it people kept messing up on the meteor phase.

Angry Grimace said:
Just saying, "everything is easy" is not constructive at all; the only purpose of announcing it is either getting a shot in at the poster or bragging. Maybe, just maybe, his guild isn't as good as yours.
Well that wasn't my intent at all! It was an honest question. I'm sorry to everybody.

I'm the last person who'd ever think about bragging about my guild. lol.

Dunlop said:
Like a bajillion games have gone F2P, take a break from wow until 4.3
Oh yeah, I'm only logging in to raid once a week at this point. lol. I've been playing other things (non-MMO). :]

Anno

What do people think of the rumor that updated character models will be coming with MoP? The environments look so good...and the character models are so 2004. It's absurd how much better Night Elf cat form looks than any normal character model.

Mairu

I must be the only one who doesn't care about updated character models. I can understand the dissatisfaction with the differences between the newer developed races and the original, but the last MMO I played that revamped their character models later into the game's life I was pretty unhappy with it (EQ)

B-Dex

Mairu said:
I must be the only one who doesn't care about updated character models. I can understand the dissatisfaction with the differences between the newer developed races and the original, but the last MMO I played that revamped their character models later into the game's life I was pretty unhappy with it (EQ)

Cause people are dumb and cling to their 4 poly heads for some reason. Bring on the model revamp I say.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Mairu said:
So many of the models were trash to begin with and now they are outdated trash:

DYvSO.png

I took a screen shot of a zoomed in screen shot.

Who the hell would create that face model and expect people to use it?

Mairu said:

Naw, I was surprised to hear talk about this at Blizzcon. I don't really care if they do it, but it's not like it will make the game any better. I'm more interested in tangible improvements, which as far as I can tell mostly should involve undoing a bunch of Cataclysm changes.

Different topic: I get my orange staff Monday night... yay

TheYanger

DeathNote said:
So many of the models were trash to begin with and now they are outdated trash:

DYvSO.png

I took a screen shot of a zoomed in screen shot.

Who the hell would create that face model and expect people to use it?

That's a bit disingenuous since the texture quality is basically at 0 as well. yeah the models are a bit chunky, but they don't look bad. I also recall the EQ debacle. People underestimate how big an impact new models can have. Your cahracter will NEVER look the same.

I guess the rumor comes from Anne Stickney's post about how Monks use all these crazy animations that all the other characters can't do. I suppose they could update them and have awesome animations like the Pandaren OR they could just use the same damn rigs they've been using since day 1 and have less awesome animations for everyone who isn't a Pandaren.

Updating the models and bone structures of all the races is a much bigger job than it sounds like. It would mean redoing every single character animation for every race. All those dances. All those rubbing your hands together animations. All those floaty getting in a vehicle jumps. My BE Hunter girl's backwards bow shooting animation. All of that shit. Also all those dances they've done for the dance studio (lol) would also go to waste.

Alex

After the things they announced with Mists, new character and armor models would be number one on my wishlist. I'd love to see Gnomes with Goblin like detail and I'd like to see new styles of gear that aren't just textures stapled to generic models from classic/BC.

I think most of the animation is fine as is. Personally, I do not care for the over-animated style of Worgen/Pandaren. Touch ups, sure, but redoing everything would be an incredible waste for my tastes.

Rambaldi

Angry Grimace said:

We're decent players but I have one person (a tank, no less) in my guild who just can't focus on her add. And then she likes to call out "well so and so's got through!" and everyone knows that's not the case. (She's one of the "I'm never, ever, ever wrong" people.)

When we do manage to get through the first set of adds we do well until the second transition where (usually) said tank just can't handle her job. -_- I'm sure we'll eventually get it but we're in no way hardcore or "progression" and it's no fun for anyone to wipe at the same part 47 times a night. :(

TGMIII

Anno said:
What do people think of the rumor that updated character models will be coming with MoP? The environments look so good...and the character models are so 2004. It's absurd how much better Night Elf cat form looks than any normal character model.

Where did this rumour come from? All they've officially said is that they're going to do it at some stage but gave no indication when.

Rambaldi said:
We're decent players but I have one person (a tank, no less) in my guild who just can't focus on her add. And then she likes to call out "well so and so's got through!" and everyone knows that's not the case. (She's one of the "I'm never, ever, ever wrong" people.)

Drop her or tell her to step her shit up. People who aren't willing to learn or accept their mistakes are just a drag on guilds and groups in general.

Anno

awwyeahgurrl said:
Where did this rumour come from? All they've officially said is that they're going to do it at some stage but gave no indication when.

I think the rumor started because people can't see how all of the current models can pull off all of the punching and kicking and rolling animations that the new monk class will have.

I guess I don't really care strongly if they don't update them, I just think it would be a good idea. It may even allow for different armor looks. Plus, maybe they can give melee classes some additional attack animations, which right now are a little lacking in variety at times. I just look at how pretty and nicely animated I am in kitty/bear form and wish that could be carried over to everyone.

Some cool new info on mmo-champion: World Event Pets No Longer Bound on Pick Up and Guild Master Dethrone in Patch 4.3 lol. The world event pets will be nice for me because I think i've missed children's week every single year since I started playing this game. It's basically why I don't have a violet protodrake yet, too.

awwyeahgurrl said:
Drop her or tell her to step her shit up. People who aren't willing to learn or accept their mistakes are just a drag on guilds and groups in general.
This. If you don't do something, frustrated guild members will jump ship.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
DeathNote said:
After dealing with deleteing a ton of Sinister Squashlings, now we find out they could turn a profit later in the year ><

Yes, but the fact that you can get 20 Squashlings a year just by killing the HH daily and clicking on buckets means that its not going to sell very well on the AH.

Garryk

Guild Master dethrone? Coups for everyone!

Did they ever make it where you can send guild invites to people that are offline? I need to put some alts into my alt guild :(

Bisnic

It would be fun if the guild master dethrone stuff is bugged on patch day and suddenly every members has the choice to become the guild leader.

Angry Grimace

Chop a 0 off the end of all the numbers and tell the playerbase to stop bitching

Interfectum

Angry Grimace said:
Chop a 0 off the end of all the numbers and tell the playerbase to stop bitching

They should patch in the new numbers in the 5.0 patch before the expansion hits. Players will bitch a bit until the expansion comes out with armor buffs. Everyone will go back to normal.

Alex

I like stats so the shit can look like Disgaea for all I care. It's not really important one way or another though, but the way they want to squish things seems like it'll just rise back up, in the end.

I did find the suggestion that due to the new talent revision that maybe they won't bother this expansion though, as it may be too hard for some players to grasp, to be really funny though.

Mr Nash said:
Glad to see that they're finally looking at item level squishing. The way stats have scaled with every expansion has been silly.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2541-The-Great-Item-Squish-(or-Not)-of-Pandaria

Cataclysm is definitely the worst offender. Especially with only 5 new levels compared to 10.

Bisnic said:
It would be fun if the guild master dethrone stuff is bugged on patch day and suddenly every members has the choice to become the guild leader.

This type of bug seems somewhat likely (and would be hilarious.)

Anno

Number squish would be awesome. I'm sure it's just preconceived notions of what these numbers should be like, but it's kinda watching 5 and 6 digit numbers fly everywhere.

Really though Blizzard brings this on themselves every time they insist that lvl 81 greens are >>>> lvl 80 raid epics. That shit is every bit as dumb.

Angry Grimace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=eBvLnEqWaRk

Win (video shows the new Levitation for priests in which you no longer just run while floating, you just glide around everywhere like a ghost.)

Anno said:
Number squish would be awesome. I'm sure it's just preconceived notions of what these numbers should be like, but it's kinda watching 5 and 6 digit numbers fly everywhere.

Really though Blizzard brings this on themselves every time they insist that lvl 81 greens are >>>> lvl 80 raid epics. That shit is every bit as dumb.
They already explained why they do that, though.

Angry Grimace

4.3 is apparently now on the background downloader. Not a big deal, nor does it indicate release is imminent, so don't froth at the mouth quite yet.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It started a 30 gig download for me... i dont think thats how big the patch is supposed to be, right?

the one im actually downloading appears to be 15 gig.

Angry Grimace

davepoobond said:
It started a 30 gig download for me... i dont think thats how big the patch is supposed to be, right?

the one im actually downloading appears to be 15 gig.
It's not nearly that large either. The entirety of my World of Warcraft folder is something like 33GB, which covers three expansions + multiple content patches.

Heck, Uncharted 2 wasn't even 25 GB and the expansions come on single DL DVDs.

So I came back, leveled to 85 in less than a week, did every Cata quest in new zones, having fun once again.

I can't go raiding due to lack of time - pls pls pls pls LFR, don't suck.

Other than that I'm happy to discover new things I can do alone - Molten Front dailies and working on Meta achievement is awesome, I hope they bring something like that for 4.3.

Also, really tempted to race change from BE to Goblin, can't stand BEs anymore. >.<

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=eBvLnEqWaRk

Win (video shows the new Levitation for priests in which you no longer just run while floating, you just glide around everywhere like a ghost.)

They already explained why they do that, though.

That new levitation is sweet. I'll probably spam it on my disc priest whenever i cast Archangel. :)

B-Dex said:
mage or warlock I can't decide!

Teleports and free water for mages. And a great spec for PVP. Good enough answer? :p

Anno

B-Dex said:
mage or warlock I can't decide!

At least in the early levels (and from what I've read on the forums this also extends to higher levels) Warlocks seem to be a bit more in-depth, whereas Mages might be more straight forward. I like my Warlock so far, but then I like pet classes and a massive number of DoTs running on multiple enemies at once.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Angry Grimace said:
It's not nearly that large either. The entirety of my World of Warcraft folder is something like 33GB, which covers three expansions + multiple content patches.

Heck, Uncharted 2 wasn't even 25 GB and the expansions come on single DL DVDs.

idk man, it must be counting the whole game's size or something. it says i download 14.7 gb of 15.5 or whatever.

Top Bottom