• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
They do but EJ is so psychotically zealous about moderation that they archive them or something so that each class forum doesn't have three guides for no reason that is apparent to me.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t112939-affliction_cataclysm_4_2_release/

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110366-demonology_cataclysm_4_2_release/
Thanks, I couldn't find the archive.

I found the display option under the warlock forums tho. They show up if I change it from 1 month to 2 months.

yanhero

Angry Grimace said:
What's really going to jam usage of LFR is the frequency of times you get "3/8 complete" and then you click "decline."

They already thought about that. You can do each boss as many times you want in a week. So if you get in a raid thats 3/4 (LFR splits the 8 bosses to two seperate 4 boss raids), and you kill the 4th boss, you will still be able to queue again and do the first 3 bosses.

bunbun777

My last HH run I got the helm, pet, and broom all in one bag. Already had them all though.

Does anyone know if there is a website that updates and lists the daily quests available all over? like fishing and such-- if there is not one I imagine it could be pretty popular, and would save me from having to go to Shat to see Old Man Barlow everyday for those adorable croc pets.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?item...04492;6;102876;7;102873;5;102875;8;103212:1+0

I like how the plate DPS pieces in the new 5 man dungeons are nicer than the DK T13. Maybe a little generic, but still nicer than T13.

yanhero said:
They already thought about that. You can do each boss as many times you want in a week. So if you get in a raid thats 3/4 (LFR splits the 8 bosses to two seperate 4 boss raids), and you kill the 4th boss, you will still be able to queue again and do the first 3 bosses.
The problem isn't loot it's the fact that you will never get Morchok ever because when you queue again you will get another 3/8. Your could solve it by queuing with two tanks though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
Blizzard know most DKs will go with the 2nd set you get in their starting zone, so they're not trying.
I don't particularly care for either set one or two.

Garryk

Have people out-geared the Troll heroics yet or are they still hard? I just resubbed and don't know what I can handle.

daedalius

So to proceed in Firelands, do you really have to just do dailys for like, 2 weeks straight and turn in all those badges?

Kind of a downer for me and wife.

johnsmith

remember me
daedalius said:
So to proceed in Firelands, do you really have to just do dailys for like, 2 weeks straight and turn in all those badges?

Kind of a downer for me and wife.
No. Those are just there for pets, mounts, gear, and money. The raid itself is unrelated. Blizzard doesn't do attunements anymore. You can just walk in with your raid group.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Garryk said:
Have people out-geared the Troll heroics yet or are they still hard? I just resubbed and don't know what I can handle.

Unless you're unlucky and get in a group where everyone have an average of 346 item level... the troll heroics are easy. But you still need to pay attention even if you outgear them a lot. Standing in poison, fire or lightning is still going to kill you in a few secs if you dont move away.

Angry Grimace

lmao @ Deathwing's current death "animation."

(probably a cinematic there on Live)

daedalius

johnsmith said:
No. Those are just there for pets, mounts, gear, and money. The raid itself is unrelated. Blizzard doesn't do attunements anymore. You can just walk in with your raid group.

So there aren't any more story-ish quests in the whole firelands zone? Just those few things right at the entrance? I wasn't really meaning going into the raid, I figured we could do that anytime.

Jrmint

daedalius said:
So there aren't any more story-ish quests in the whole firelands zone? Just those few things right at the entrance? I wasn't really meaning going into the raid, I figured we could do that anytime.
The story progresses as you progress through the daily quests. Each 125 you turn in advances it further. 150 after the first two 125s.

daedalius

Jrmint said:
The story progresses as you progress through the daily quests. Each 125 you turn in advances it further. 150 after the first two 125s.

This is what I meant.

So we really have to do dailys for a couple of weeks before advancing the storyline?

...dumb.

Bisnic

Anyway, the only story in that zone is about that female night elf fire druid's actions and her past. That's it.

There is no Ragnaros, no Firelands bosses showing up(except randomly in the middle of the zone just to say threatening stuff to all players, not even part of a quest) and no Deathwing at the end.

Miletius

daedalius said:

You are correct that the dailies do lead to more quests (some that are also dailies) that expand the story of the zone. It should take about a month or two if you do them every day.

Edit: Beaten!

Angry Grimace

Miletius said:
You are correct that the dailies do lead to more quests (some that are also dailies) that expand the story of the zone. It should take about a month or two if you do them every day.
It takes like 3 weeks. It's not worth it at all. By the time you unlock the rest of the lvl 365 rewards, JP buys lvl 378 stuff and VP buys 397s for every slot other than shoulders. I got within 3 of the Flame Lieutenants of getting Flamebreaker and just burned out on doing them, although I did get the Hippogryph.

Miletius

Angry Grimace said:
It takes like 3 weeks. It's not worth it at all. By the time you unlock the rest of the lvl 365 rewards, JP buys lvl 378 stuff and VP buys 397s for every slot other than shoulders. I got within 3 of the Flame Lieutenants of getting Flamebreaker and just burned out on doing them, although I did get the Hippogryph.

I agree -- dailies are not compelling content to me. They absolutely need to offer players good solutions for doing solo or small group content, but daily quests are not that answer. That' why PvE scenarios are so interesting to me.

Bisnic

Miletius said:
I agree -- dailies are not compelling content to me. They absolutely need to offer players good solutions for doing solo or small group content, but daily quests are not that answer. That' why PvE scenarios are so interesting to me.

PVE scenarios, challenge mode for heroics and Pokemon battles sure will help in the next expansion. Dailies aren't fun after you've done them more than 5 times. I'd love to get the necklace that transform you into a fire druid for all my alts... but after doing those damn dailies on 3 different characters, there's no way i'm doing this again.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
Thanks, I couldn't find the archive.

I found the display option under the warlock forums tho. They show up if I change it from 1 month to 2 months.
I suppose that's better than deleting them, but it's a little weird they don't just sticky the class threads up until that patch is gone if the default is to hide threads that are too old.

Rokal

They did throw some fluff items on the Molten Front dailies, so it might be worth it if you're looking for pets or the mount. I wasn't a fan of the dailies myself. I got more mileage out of Tol Barad dailies, but that's because it didn't feel so gated and it had rewards that were actually useful to me.

I remember when the patch launched, you literally did like 3 quests in Hyjal and then were told to come back tomorrow. In other words, it took multiple days of dailies to even get to the molten front dailies. Pretty terrible.

YakiSOBA

Is it worth it to buy mage T11 with justice points now, or will it get cheaper once T13 comes out?

Or... is it even worth buying at all? lol.. it just looks so damn cool :p

daedalius

Rokal said:
They did throw some fluff items on the Molten Front dailies, so it might be worth it if you're looking for pets or the mount. I wasn't a fan of the dailies myself. I got more mileage out of Tol Barad dailies, but that's because it didn't feel so gated and it had rewards that were actually useful to me.

I remember when the patch launched, you literally did like 3 quests in Hyjal and then were told to come back tomorrow. In other words, it took multiple days of dailies to even get to the molten front dailies. Pretty terrible.

That is basically what we just did... and were pretty surprised.

Dailies in TB were fun because you get a chance to kill nerds while you do them. I mean, I guess I could try and kill the people in molten front too, but I'm not really there for that.

Rokal

They changed it so that you could get into the Molten front on day 1 of dailies instead. Slightly less silly, but you still have the same multi-week daily grind after that. I couldn't stomach it.

johnsmith

remember me
Target's current buy 2 get 1 free video game promotion works for the 60 day subscription cards. Easy and cheap way to fulfill your commitment for the annual pass.

ampere

johnsmith said:
Target's current buy 2 get 1 free video game promotion works for the 60 day subscription cards. Easy and cheap way to fulfill your commitment for the annual pass.
Dude, good call! The FAQ says those work so I'm heading to Target tonight :)

TheYanger

Not sure if this is shilling or not, but I've been streaming lately, xsplit is a piece of garbage so sometimes the audio fucks up, but if you've never done firelands or are interested in seeing good guilds fail easy bosses (or even kill them! who knows!) tuesdays and sometimes wednesdays (and when we're on PTR) I'm usually streaming at twitch.tv/theyanger 8pm est/5 pst (Yes, I'm bored and it's fun to do this stuff!)

Angry Grimace

YakiSOBA said:
Is it worth it to buy mage T11 with justice points now, or will it get cheaper once T13 comes out?

Or... is it even worth buying at all? lol.. it just looks so damn cool :p
It won't get cheaper; it will be not worth buying at all since T12 will cost exactly the same.

Rokal

If you plan to use it as cosmetic gear with the transmogrify system in 4.3, it might still be worthwhile for you though.

Angry Grimace

Rokal said:
If you plan to use it as cosmetic gear with the transmogrify system in 4.3, it might still be worthwhile for you though.
4.3 is a pretty indeterminate amount of time away, as well. I'm not sure I'd be all that excited about the prospect of hoarding JP for something 4 weeks away when I have no gear at all.

YakiSOBA

Yeah, I'll probably go ahead and buy T11 -- and when 4.3 lands and (if) I get better gear, I'll go from there... I just love how T11 looks for mages :D

The only thing though... how hard is it to get the shoulders and helm? Are there still groups running the raids for T11 these days, and is the dungeon itself really hard for pugs? (The guild I'm part of is a lvl 25 guild, but they don't do much... no scheduled raids, etc..)

Rokal

I still see pugs pretty often (just ran one tonight, actually), but it really depends on your server.

If you do manage to find a group, the normal T11 raids are easy at this point.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
johnsmith said:

So, they sell 60 day WoW cards at Target? How much are they? So if you buy 4 cards you get 2 free for a total of 360 days and they can be used to fulfill the annual pass? That sounds like it might be a good plan...

Number45

I don't think I can tank. Started tanking last night (31 - I've been waiting until I get Warbringer) and did SM Graveyard OK then failed to stay alive at Loksey. I kept aggro, and the Priest failed to keep me up (I'm using everything I have on cooldown) and proceeded to call me a scrub.

I'm not a sensitive person, but I can't let anything like that go without either raging (politely, usually) or just quitting out and leaving them in the lurch. So I mean I'm able to tank in terms of gameplay, but not in terms of temperament. Perhaps I'll just level multiple DPS classes and go for an easier life. Maybe I'll switch the warrior to DPS in fact, haven't tried that before.

Bisnic

Number45 said:
I don't think I can tank. Started tanking last night (31 - I've been waiting until I get Warbringer) and did SM Graveyard OK then failed to stay alive at Loksey. I kept aggro, and the Priest failed to keep me up (I'm using everything I have on cooldown) and proceeded to call me a scrub.

I'm not a sensitive person, but I can't let anything like that go without either raging (politely, usually) or just quitting out and leaving them in the lurch. So I mean I'm able to tank in terms of gameplay, but not in terms of temperament. Perhaps I'll just level multiple DPS classes and go for an easier life. Maybe I'll switch the warrior to DPS in fact, haven't tried that before.

I didnt even think it was possible to die in lower lvl dungeons unless the healer is either :

1) AFK
or
2) A DPS who queued as healer to join a group quickly and will never touch their healing spells.
or
3) A monkey

But yeah, if you don't have any patience, tanking sucks. You will often get people who just piss you off, especially at lower lvls when you have all these DPS thinking they can tank because the monsters aren't as tough as heroics or raids. At least they wait for you in heroics since they know they're dead if they don't.

Interfectum

tanking can be tough because if you don't know the level 100% and which mobs you should pull and how exactly to fight the boss your team gets pissy as fuck.

i find myself 'practice tanking' on lower level Lich King dungeons just to get the hang of it.

I started tanking a few months ago (pally) and basically found that with the new threat changes, it's all on the healer. And your defensive cooldowns for really hard bosses. Just whisper the healer to make sure you are keeping line of sight and blowing cooldowns at the right time and you should be fine.

If DPS pulls a mob, I let them die half the time because they need to learn. DPS also gets really pissy because they are used to playing with raid geared tanks who can bail them out of their messes. When leveling that doesn't happen so they get really upset.

johnsmith

remember me
Mengy said:
So, they sell 60 day WoW cards at Target? How much are they? So if you buy 4 cards you get 2 free for a total of 360 days and they can be used to fulfill the annual pass? That sounds like it might be a good plan...

Yep, most Targets should have a pc game section near the CDs and DVDs and blurays. They aren't with the console games. 29.99 per 60 day card. Comes out to 9.99 per month.

Interfectum said:
tanking can be tough because if you don't know the level 100% and which mobs you should pull and how exactly to fight the boss your team gets pissy as fuck.

i find myself 'practice tanking' on lower level Lich King dungeons just to get the hang of it.
This has been my experience in the past trying to learn tanking, I'll end up pulling multiple groups and bam we wipe and there goes half the group. Pretty annoying. Levelling a warrior now, going to give it another shot (haven't tried tanking much since levelling through TBC on a DK).

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
johnsmith said:
Yep, most Targets should have a pc game section near the CDs and DVDs and blurays. They aren't with the console games. 29.99 per 60 day card. Comes out to 9.99 per month.

Yeah, but after you deduct the $60 for Diablo III, which I am going to be buying no matter what, that you wouuld get for free with the annual pass, it comes out to $5/month for a year of WoW.

WoW for $5 per month.

WoW for $5 per month for a year.

That's a deal I can live with.

So, how do you go about using these cards with the annual pass? Do you start the annual pass application and then choose to pay for game time with the game cards or something? I've never used one of these game cards before....

Miletius

Mengy said:
Yeah, but after you deduct the $60 for Diablo III, that you wouuld get for free with the annual pass, it comes out to $5/month for a year of WoW.

WoW for $5 per month.

Plus free Diablo III.

FREE Diablo III.

Free Dialo III and WoW for $5 per month for a year.

So, how do you go about using these cards with the annual pass? Do you start the annual pass application and then choose to pay for game time with the game cards or something? I've never used one of these game cards before....

You'll accept the deal then you'll set up billing like normal. There's an option on the billing page to add a prepaid time card (or something like that). Do that 4 times (for each card) and you're done.

daedalius

Well my free 10 days ran out last night.

Not sure if resubbing is worth it atm after seeing what Firelands had in store. Maybe I'll wait till the next patch, sounds like there will be lots of things to do.

thatbox

Banned
daedalius said:
Well my free 10 days ran out last night.

Not sure if resubbing is worth it atm after seeing what Firelands had in store. Maybe I'll wait till the next patch, sounds like there will be lots of things to do.
Yeah, I'd wait for 4.3 at this point if you aren't actively playing right now.

Rambaldi

We're trying Rag again tonight. It's not a HARD fight except for the idiots who can't seem to grasp the way we need to kill the Sons of Flame.

I'm sick of this fight, honestly. And sick of stupidity. I should just take a break until 4.3 but I did the annual pass so it seems kinda silly. I just think I'm burned out on 4.2.

Angry Grimace

Mengy said:
Yeah, but after you deduct the $60 for Diablo III, which I am going to be buying no matter what, that you wouuld get for free with the annual pass, it comes out to $5/month for a year of WoW.

WoW for $5 per month.

WoW for $5 per month for a year.

After you deduct the $60 for Diablo III it's no longer free. It's just paying full retail for Diablo III.

Duki said:
why did they make good tanking shoulders so hard to come by as a fresh 85 qq
Shoulders are hard to come by for all specs at 85 in general because of the way Blizzard set it up. They will continue to be at least marginally hard to come by because there are items for all armor slots with VP in 4.3 except shoulders, ring 2 and trinket 2.

Top Bottom