• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm working third shifts now and can only raid 1 day during 4.3.

Just got off work actually.

Pulled the trigger on the annual pass too quickly.

Kworn

Banned
Guys...help

I have just had an email from blizzard, stating that I have successfully completed a charactor transfer from so and so realm.

I have not played in 6+ months and am no longer a subcriber.

The £15 they have charged me does not seem to have come out of my account. Has my account been compromised? Surely if you hack an account you would do more than this?

This is the email I recieved: (I have replaced secret info with hidden)

Hello, hiddden !
Thank you for making a purchase from Blizzard Entertainment.

You have purchased a Character Transfer for character hidden on the BLADE'S EDGE realm. This is for the World of Warcraft account hidden.
The Character Transfer has been completed successfully, and your character is now available again for play.
===========================================
Purchase Receipt
Customer Name: Hidden
Order Date: 18 November 2011
Order #: Hidden

(1) BAM Digital - Paid Character Transfer - £15.00

Credit Card Number : ****-****-****-hidden
Payment Method Type : Visa
Item Subtotal: £12.54
Estimated Tax: £2.46
Shipping & Handling: £0.00
Shipping Tax: £0.00
Grand Total: £15.00

If you have questions about your Battle.net Account, our Frequently Asked Questions page may be able to help. Additionally, our Support site offers online assistance and email support, and can be reached by phone.

Thanks for shopping with us!
Blizzard Customer Service

Kworn

Banned
Kaper said:
Easiest solution is to phone Blizzard when you have a chance. I ended up getting a free month of WoW when my account got compromised, lol.

...and I thought I had the most complicated password in the world!!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Good news for those in the NEO GAF Guild:

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=197676/world-of-warcraft-turns-seven

World of Warcraft turns seven on November 23, 2011! It’s been a truly incredible seven years, and we’d like to thank you all for joining us for yet another fantastic year. To celebrate, players who log into the game between November 20 and December 3 will earn a feat of strength added to their Achievements and a “Celebration Package” item. Using your item will get the celebrations rolling by shooting off fireworks*, applying a (visual only) tabard to your character, and granting a 7% bonus to experience and reputation gains while active.

We look forward to another year of adventures ahead and many more to come!

*Please observe all goblin and gnome fire hazard warnings and celebrate responsibly.

Entropia said:
Haha, suckers ;D

(A lot of people are saying the same thing)

It was kind of tempting, but easy to pass up for me since I definitely never intended on playing WoW for all of the next year, especially when Diablo 3 releases.

For the past 3 years, I've tended to play 5+ months on, then at least 2-3 months off.

johnsmith said:
Lame. I want a free pet.

I have the polar bear from the 4th year anniversary on like 2 characters that are low level and that I don't play :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It was kind of tempting, but easy to pass up for me since I definitely never intended on playing WoW for all of the next year, especially when Diablo 3 releases.

For the past 3 years, I've tended to play 5+ months on, then at least 2-3 months off.

I have the polar bear from the 4th year anniversary on like 2 characters that are low level and that I don't play :(

The baby blizzard bear is BtA if you didn't use all of them. If not, I assume the GMs could restore it otherwise since you would have it on your other characters.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well i just met some unusual paladin lvl 85 while playing my lvl 6 shaman on a new server... gave me 4g, said "merry christmas" to me, and followed me while i was doing quests and making sure i was always getting the 1st hit. Then when i hearthed back to goldshire so i could log off, he flew from SW just to say "bye i will miss you".

Weird but fun!

So last night was kind of awesome. Wish I could've posted then, but anyway...

Finally finished Glory of the Ulduar Raider (10m). Wanted that drake for so long. Nabbed the Starcaller title as well. The drake also made my 50th mount, so I got the Albino Drake as well, and the few achievements I got during the run pushed me over the 9k mark for that Feat of Strength as well.

I had intended to finish that before Cataclysm - I had over half of them done before, but it just never worked out. One thing that would make me happier would be finishing the 25-man version, and wrapping up one of or both of the ICC metas. I'd probably feel better about that than even downing Heroic Ragnaros right now, just because I spent so much more time working on those Wrath instances than I have with Cata stuff. I was sort of stuck dealing with people who weren't quite up to the task (for all of the Heroic modes) in Wrath.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Well i just met some unusual paladin lvl 85 while playing my lvl 6 shaman on a new server... gave me 4g, said "merry christmas" to me, and followed me while i was doing quests and making sure i was always getting the 1st hit. Then when i hearthed back to goldshire so i could log off, he flew from SW just to say "bye i will miss you".

Weird but fun!

Sounds like the kind of crazy shit I used to do when I was bored.

Sai-kun

Banned
iGB0n.png

Volimar

So, I'm very very very lttp with regards to WOW. I decided to try it out since you can go up to lvl 20 for free. I started as a human mage so I could get a feel for the game. It truly is a time vortex. From the first quest I clicked on, I've just followed quest after quest after quest. It only took a couple days to hit the lvl 20 ceiling and now I'm trying to find new stuff to do. I did a pvp 10 vs 10 battle, and though I got tore apart a lot, I did get a few good licks in, and our side won.

I really wish I had the money to keep leveling, because this game is incredible.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Only rep bonus for kills? Fuck.

I swear to god I don't get how everyone has the patience to do full rep grinds from dailys. I was frustrated with only having default flying mounts and other hideous misc mounts, so I started doing the Netherwing dailys and it got so damn old it literally made me sick (and I think I'm only at Honored). No way I can ever get through these without some sort of bonus to help.

/whine

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
It looks like I should hit 85 on my mage this week. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to maximize my DPS in arcane spec? Mostly wondering what the best way of going about my mana recovery phase of a fight after doing a heavy burn of arcane blast, as well as stat priority.

Odrion

Banned
Beat Dragon Soul on the PTR, 10 man normal.

Quite possibly one of the worst dungeons yet, jesus christ.

Almost everything are reused assets, so it has a very dated feel and the bosses are VERY dumbed down (except that the Shaman fight has some cool moments.) Also, Deathwing's back is a glorified add fight.

Glad I beaten it though, I guess I can say goodbye to WOW for another year.

Alucrid

Banned
I logged onto the gaf server, realized I didn't want to play such a low level character starting fresh and logged back off.

:(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Beat Dragon Soul on the PTR, 10 man normal.

Quite possibly one of the worst dungeons yet, jesus christ.

Almost everything are reused assets, so it has a very dated feel and the bosses are VERY dumbed down (except that the Shaman fight has some cool moments.) Also, Deathwing's back is a glorified add fight.

Glad I beaten it though, I guess I can say goodbye to WOW for another year.

Yup. I can attest that all of this is true. The only unique model at all is Deathwing. For the most part the dungeon itself is just a rehash of Northrend assets and/or the Iso'rath from Twilight highlands innards. Even the final Deathwing encounter is at the Maelstrom, which they already rendered a long time ago.

giri

Is anyone playing on dragonmaw, and in a good guild? if so, what raid times.

Getting my priest and hunter to 85 in good time, but would like to join an end game guild sooner than later, though i have a feeling that's unlikely to happen with out getting better gear.

G-Fex

You should be able to find a game cards around town.

Or make a credit payment online even if you haven't got the new bill yet.

Visa gift cards might work to buy a digital game card from the blizzard store.

Yeah, I'm going to have to hold off til wednesday. Then I'll buy a 2-month sub

shame, my friend's sister bf works for blizz and never has to pay for a sub ever

Rokam

Yeah, I'm going to have to hold off til wednesday. Then I'll buy a 2-month sub

shame, my friend's sister bf works for blizz and never has to pay for a sub ever

They give employees extra cards, time to suck up. Also, I hate Deathwing, two nights in a row he has torched the zone I was in while leveling. Logged off last night because he killed the quest npcs, logged in just now and got killed again.

ampere

Only rep bonus for kills? Fuck.

I swear to god I don't get how everyone has the patience to do full rep grinds from dailys. I was frustrated with only having default flying mounts and other hideous misc mounts, so I started doing the Netherwing dailys and it got so damn old it literally made me sick (and I think I'm only at Honored). No way I can ever get through these without some sort of bonus to help.

/whine

Try the Pilgrim's Bounty buff. Lasts for one hour, increases rep gains by 10%.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's not a real tabard.

It's a fake tabard that shows up when you use the celebration package. You're still wearing your real one behind it.

Volimar

Where do you get the celebration package? Does it just show up in your inventory? I'm playing the starter version and I haven't gotten the package.

If you subscribe, and then it lapses are you completely unable to play, or can you still play, but not level etc.

Sorry, I'm really new at WoW.

Where do you get the celebration package? Does it just show up in your inventory? I'm playing the starter version and I haven't gotten the package.

If you subscribe, and then it lapses are you completely unable to play, or can you still play, but not level etc.

Sorry, I'm really new at WoW.

The package should be in your mail.

And when your subscription lapses, your account is "frozen". Your characters and anything associated with them is left they way they were when you last played, but you can't login and play.

Angry Grimace

I wonder how everyone is going to feel when they realize the new raid is literally 95% purple recolored models with little additions and all of the the set pieces are just re-used as well. Not to mention that ICC at least had 12 bosses...even TOC, despite being one room, was a new design.

It's getting a little scary that this is what cuts it as the "final" piece of the expansion.

markot

Banned
I wonder how everyone is going to feel when they realize the new raid is literally 95% purple recolored models with little additions and all of the the set pieces are just re-used as well. Not to mention that ICC at least had 12 bosses...even TOC, despite being one room, was a new design.

It's getting a little scary that this is what cuts it as the "final" piece of the expansion.
Blizzard is just riding it out now till the subs run out.

I think they figure that they only need to put effort into xpacs now, to get the 'bump' every year and abit.

What scares me is how devoid of ideas and originality a company as big as blizz can be.

Rokal

It's what I figured the patch would be back when they released the first screenshots and it was obvious they were just recycling zones and models. Honestly? I don't care that much. This expansion is already over in my mind, I'm just waiting for Mists. How disappointing this raid ends up being is going to be entirely based on how long I have to run it before Mists launches.

It's truly been the laziest expansion they've ever done. 4.2 will have been the only patch that actually felt like a patch.

Angry Grimace

It's what I figured the patch would be back when they released the first screenshots and it was obvious they were just recycling zones and models. Honestly? I don't care that much. This expansion is already over in my mind, I'm just waiting for Mists. How disappointing this raid ends up being is going to be entirely based on how long I have to run it before Mists launches.

It's truly been the laziest expansion they've ever done. 4.2 will have been the only patch that actually felt like a patch.

Firelands should have been 10 bosses + a 5 man zone with it, or even a second raid with it. The minimal number of bosses they put out means there's just a ton of gaps in gearing - i.e. no STR 1 handers for anyone other than trash drops? You bet.

Top Bottom