• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Miletius said:
The most interesting thing about the talk yesterday was the want to "hybridize" druids again to some extent. For example, having druids use tranquility during high damage phases to offset the huge damage that might be incoming, or to temp tank when things hit the fan.
In reality, it's mostly a PvP issue, not a PvE one.

4.3 release date? I'm going to throw down and say November 15. I know. It's a bold prediction.

Edit: Zarhym shot this down immediately :lol

TheYanger

Sai-kun said:
No, it can't be the 15th :( I still have a week of school left after that.

It won't be. That's the earliest arena season can end, then the earliest the patch can hit is a week later, which is thanksgiving. I anticipate the week after that.

TheYanger said:
It won't be. That's the earliest arena season can end, then the earliest the patch can hit is a week later, which is thanksgiving. I anticipate the week after that.

You don't think they are shooting for Black Friday?

Mairu

devildog820 said:
You don't think they are shooting for Black Friday?
I'm not seeing the connection between patch timing and Black Friday

I don't think the patch will be out Thanksgiving week.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyway they confirmed it's not going to be released next week like 20 mins ago.

Zarhym said:
So just for that, I'll tell you that patch 4.3 is not being released on November 15. People playing the game now know before a magazine. So there! :p

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TheYanger said:
Season 9 ended the same day 4.2 came out, so I don't know how this works out to any specific degree. I wouldn't be surprised if the arena season doesn't end on the 15th though.
Bisnic said:
Anyway they confirmed it's not going to be released next week like 20 mins ago.
*shrug*

Probably the last week of November then since there's no way we're seeing it on Thanksgiving week unless Blizzard hates its employees. Which they might.

TheYanger

Angry Grimace said:
Season 9 ended the same day 4.2 came out, so I don't know how this works out to any specific degree. I wouldn't be surprised if the arena season doesn't end on the 15th though.

*shrug*

Probably the last week of November then since there's no way we're seeing it on Thanksgiving week unless Blizzard hates its employees. Which they might.

True, but they've been good recently, and:

The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the end of Season 10 and will coincide with the awarding of Season 10 titles and mounts. At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point. In addition, Season 11 rewards will be made available for purchase with Conquest Points awarded during the new season. Matchmaking Ratings will carry over when Season 11 begins, but all Team and Personal Ratings will be wiped.

Indicates to me that the new patch won't hit until the week after.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Mairu said:
I'm not seeing the connection between patch timing and Black Friday

I don't think the patch will be out Thanksgiving week.
I do.

We generally try to give a two week notice on season resets when we can. If you also notice, the date there is just a tentative date. Please be aware that this date could change, but we wanted to make sure we let everyone know as soon as possible.
Hardcore arena teams and Hardcore raiders are taking a back seat to Black Friday.

You're not gonna quit and they want to gain more subscribers after their reports of losing quite a bit.

The Shattering was released on Thanksgiving week last year. They and everyone else had very good Black Friday deals.

daedalius

Well, looking forward to 4.3, not much to do now. Will keep an eye on this thread and MMO. Need to go check out this class balance thread.

Angry Grimace

TheYanger said:
True, but they've been good recently, and:

The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the end of Season 10 and will coincide with the awarding of Season 10 titles and mounts. At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point. In addition, Season 11 rewards will be made available for purchase with Conquest Points awarded during the new season. Matchmaking Ratings will carry over when Season 11 begins, but all Team and Personal Ratings will be wiped.

Indicates to me that the new patch won't hit until the week after.
Also, they just announced that "Season 10 ending November 29. Interpret that as you will."

http://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/134735242471813120

That's as close to a patch announce as they can get, I think.

So i'm going to get a free month of a friend of mine so i decided i would jump back in for a little while. The only problem is when i go to download the new patch it just says "Your game installation is damaged. Please run repair."

I've ran repair twice and after wasting a bunch of time it did nothing. So i'm thinking i have to reinstall the whole game. What i'm wondering is if there is a way to download the expansions? I'm not really sure how to go about reinstalling the game.

TheYanger

DeathNote said:
I do.

Hardcore arena teams and Hardcore raiders are taking a back seat to Black Friday.

You're not gonna quit and they want to gain more subscribers after their reports of losing quite a bit.

The Shattering was released on Thanksgiving week last year. They and everyone else had very good Black Friday deals.

The Shattering had 0 new raid content, and that's the perfect time for a 'hey have fun and dick around for a few weeks' patch. Black Friday has 0 relevence to them releasing new patches, it's not a retail store, people that are BUYING wow have nothing to do with the patches, everything to do with expansions and word of mouth. Since this is a PATCH with an emphasis on raid material, it makes absolutely no sense to release it that week. The gain is negligible and it will only serve to piss off their customers.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
TheYanger said:
The Shattering had 0 new raid content, and that's the perfect time for a 'hey have fun and dick around for a few weeks' patch. Black Friday has 0 relevence to them releasing new patches, it's not a retail store, people that are BUYING wow have nothing to do with the patches, everything to do with expansions and word of mouth. Since this is a PATCH with an emphasis on raid material, it makes absolutely no sense to release it that week. The gain is negligible and it will only serve to piss off their customers.
They don't need to be a retail store to benefit from Black Friday. New content hype combined with cheap entry from their online store and other retail store produce subscriptions.

They could go as far as sell a limited amount of cheap time cards per cataclysm account.

As for lower leveled people:
-People that are in Northrend who haven't bought Cataclysm benefit from a Black Friday aand new patch combo.
-Transmorg benefits everyone.
-LFR can be a hype to get to 85 for all the people afraid of getting to 85 and being benched.

TheYanger

DeathNote said:
They don't need to be a retail store to benefit from Black Friday. New content hype combined with cheap entry from their online store and other retail store produce subscriptions.

They could go as far as sell a limited amount of cheap time cards per cataclysm account.

As for lower leveled people:
-People that are in Northrend who haven't bought Cataclysm benefit from a Black Friday aand new patch combo.
-Transmorg benefits everyone.
-LFR can be a hype to get to 85 for all the people afraid of getting to 85 and being benched.

None of those things would actually BENEFIT from black Friday, those are benefits of patches in general. If anything, releasing the patch when people have other things to do is a detriment to getting people to resub and check it out.

Angry Grimace

TheYanger said:
None of those things would actually BENEFIT from black Friday, those are benefits of patches in general. If anything, releasing the patch when people have other things to do is a detriment to getting people to resub and check it out.
It just doesn't make sense to release a patch on a week when a lot of people aren't around AND Blizzard's staff probably has other things to do.

Bisnic said:
The skeleton raptor mount is easy to get, but i suggest you give up on the "AQ bug" one. Tol'vir sites are rare and the mount is fucking rare. Add these 2 together with a tedious profession and you have a good reason to never touch this crap again. The number of times you'll get 4 night elf digsites at the same time in Kalimdor will drive you insane.

My body is ready. Just power-leveled archaeology from 210 to 500 in one day, solved two Tol'Vir common artifacts, got Raptor mount. Battle-tank is next. Then just Salty for ultimate hardcore experience.

Rokal

They released Cataclysm on December 7th, shortly before winter holidays. Firelands came on the Tuesday before 4th of July weekend. I just don't think avoiding holidays is as high-priority as you think it is. In a lot of ways, it's actually better for Blizzard because it minimizes the raid/dungeon rush that can cause server stability issues. If some guilds or groups wait a week because members have real life events going on related to holidays, that's not a bad thing. It does mess with the holidays for some of their employees but not the majority of the company.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
It just doesn't make sense to release a patch on a week when a lot of people aren't around AND Blizzard's staff probably has other things to do.
They did last year.

I'll give you that this patch has raid, LFR, and arena issues to potentially address unlike the shattering but I believe they know when Thanksgiving is and could handle it or else they wouldn't imply it could hit the 22nd to begin with.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
TheYanger said:
Go read through the thanksgiving weekend shattering patch thread and see how many people were interested in black friday deals combined with the new patch.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413860

How cheap you can buy it has it's own section in the op.

If there was hella black friday deals and 4.3 at the same time, you better believe a lot of people would be interested.

They don't have to play during their Thanksgiving plans. They just have to be motivated to buy and subscribe and play as soon as they can.

Angry Grimace

Rokal said:
They released Cataclysm on December 7th, shortly before winter holidays. Firelands came on the Tuesday before 4th of July weekend. I just don't think avoiding holidays is as high-priority as you think it is. In a lot of ways, it's actually better for Blizzard because it minimizes the raid/dungeon rush that can cause server stability issues. If some guilds or groups wait a week because members have real life events going on related to holidays, that's not a bad thing. It does mess with the holidays for some of their employees but not the majority of the company.
But they already said Arena season ends on the 29th. It seems weird to end Arena season on a non patch day.

Miletius

CarbonatedFalcon said:
The 29th is a Tuesday...

December 6 wouldn't surprise me as patch day. 1 week layover.
That would be my guess too. Just in time for the earliest schools to let out. Too bad that I will be visiting my parents out of country starting the week of the 20th.

Luckily my guild ususally takes the week of Christmas off.

Angry Grimace

CarbonatedFalcon said:
The 29th is a Tuesday...

December 6 wouldn't surprise me as patch day. 1 week layover.
I think I must have totally misread his post, because my reply doesn't seem to make any goddamn sense in retrospect.

ampere

Castor Krieg said:
My body is ready. Just power-leveled archaeology from 210 to 500 in one day, solved two Tol'Vir common artifacts, got Raptor mount. Battle-tank is next. Then just Salty for ultimate hardcore experience.
I've done 150 Tol'vir solves, no mount for me yet.

Sure it's random and you could get it on your next solve, but don't grind Tol'vir solves. Do them slowly, trust me. It's awful.

Getting Salty depends partially on your server, and on luck.

Looks like December 6th for the patch in the US is likely. Too bad we're only 4/7 Firelands 25H, maybe we'll do better this tier. Not attempting new heroic bosses for weeks in a row due to attendance issues is always a drag.

Rokam

They buffed archaeology drops by the way, the max you can get now is 9, and I think getting 3 is completely off the table.

Angry Grimace

Alex said:
It's the 29th, the hashtag for the twitter post was indirectpatchreleasedates or w/e.
I don't know how anyone would have missed the implicit meaning of that tweet.

Still, its Blizzard and could change.

Bisnic

Rokam said:
They buffed archaeology drops by the way, the max you can get now is 9, and I think getting 3 is completely off the table.

I hope its true, maybe i'll do archaeology again if getting 3 fragments is gone for good and 9 replace it.

FLEABttn

Banned
I resubbed after a 7 month hiatus out of boredom, transferred to a server that a friend of mine was on, went to firelands to fill an open raid slot, and proceeded to clear the place in two hours. When people don't suck ass, shit goes by really, really quickly.

Bisnic

Haha, the Org and SW attacked by Deathwing on the PTR looks awesome, hope it will get on the live servers. Screw the noobs who will cry because they got killed while using the AH or waiting for a dungeon.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Bisnic said:
Haha, the Org and SW attacked by Deathwing on the PTR looks awesome, hope it will get on the live servers. Screw the noobs who will cry because they got killed while using the AH or waiting for a dungeon.
This sounds awesome, what exactly happens?

AdventureRacing said:
So i'm going to get a free month of a friend of mine so i decided i would jump back in for a little while. The only problem is when i go to download the new patch it just says "Your game installation is damaged. Please run repair."

I've ran repair twice and after wasting a bunch of time it did nothing. So i'm thinking i have to reinstall the whole game. What i'm wondering is if there is a way to download the expansions? I'm not really sure how to go about reinstalling the game.

Yes you can, I lost my discs a long time ago, and have installed wow on many computers since. You just go here and select your region.

https://eu.battle.net/account/download/

make sure to pick the correct region or it won't start, i accidentally the Euro version once and it downloaded the whole thing and I couldn't play. Had to delete it and start over. =)

Ryaaan14

Banned
Been 2-man'ing BC raids with AusQB this week, since neither of us have actually done all of them, and it being a great opportunity to pick up some tier sets for transmogrifying. WoW doesn't get more fun than 2 man'ing raid content. The problem solving involved with working around ridiculous boss mechanics with 2 people (Rogue and Druid) is hilariously awesome.

You guys pick out anything to transmogrify from yet?

Judgement set. Yeah, me and 1781759 other paladins.

For my warrior, I went with the Scholomance set I used in early raiding, along with the UBRS shield and the remade ZG tank sword (which lacks the horrible fire effect).

SiegfriedFM said:
Judgement set. Yeah, me and 1781759 other paladins.

What intrigues me - do the transmog sets being sold at Darkmoon Faire in 4.3 have class restrictions as well? IMO all the DK tiers look terrible, so I would love to have some different gear.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
well, i really wanted to have a wacky mismatch of all the most random looking stuff, so since that's out the window, i dont really know what i want to transmog to.

i know that im going to have the ulduar gas mask and black bow of the betrayer for my hunter at the very least...

lordmrw

Ryaaan14 said:
You guys pick out anything to transmogrify from yet?

I've spent way too much time in the model viewer just looking. I've come up with 3 sets, 2 of tthem are complete, the last one I need my heroic tier 11 shoulders. Only thing is I wasn't able to raid during that time so I missed out. And I want the Scryer tabard but unfortunately I got exalted with the Aldor out of boredom last November so I'm in for an inhuman grind.

chadderbox77 said:
Yes you can, I lost my discs a long time ago, and have installed wow on many computers since. You just go here and select your region.

https://eu.battle.net/account/download/

make sure to pick the correct region or it won't start, i accidentally the Euro version once and it downloaded the whole thing and I couldn't play. Had to delete it and start over. =)

Thanks for the reply. Luckily i was bale to find my cataclysm discs so i was able to install it that way. Downloading the patches kinda sucked though.

Angry Grimace

RPGCrazied said:
I just want my mount from the annual sub already! Do we really have to wait until 4.3 just for that?
You'll just notice the other 50 dudes in Org/SW on it and immediately start riding something else anyways.

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
You'll just notice the other 50 dudes in Org/SW on it and immediately start riding something else anyways.

Some people dont care about that and just use a mount they think look cool. And this one does.

Top Bottom