• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Ultratech

Well, for my end of Cata stuff, we took on Heroic LK 25 with about 15 people and got my Light of Dawn title. Also managed to get my T10 set complete.

Hard to believe that Mists is almost here...

One day before MoP, baby :D!

uCebc.png

Grats, man! And I laughed at that 16 roll. I'd never get that lucky on something like that.

TheYanger

Getting hyped. I planned to spend yesterday playing borderlands 2 ALL DAY in a struggle to finish it before mop. Instead I spent like 6 hours in wow getting my finishing touches ready for a 9-12 hour levelling grind, arrr. Went from 'yeah that xpac looks good' to frothing hype in under a day :(

Entropia

No One Remembers
Getting hyped. I planned to spend yesterday playing borderlands 2 ALL DAY in a struggle to finish it before mop. Instead I spent like 6 hours in wow getting my finishing touches ready for a 9-12 hour levelling grind, arrr. Went from 'yeah that xpac looks good' to frothing hype in under a day :(

Did you do 85-90 in the beta at all? Curious if it really does only take 9-12 hours :eek:

I can't believe this. The next time I wake up, I'll be playing MoP. The next time I wake up.

Hold me T_T ANYONE, JUST HOLD ME!

/cuddle

Robin64

Less than 8 hours to go. I purchased cookies and noodles, but I don't intend to be up too late playing this. Still haven't decided if I am going for Realm First Zen Fishing Master or not.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Grats, man! And I laughed at that 16 roll. I'd never get that lucky on something like that.
Thank you, thanks everyone!

Yeah yesterday was a really productive day, considering I hadn't played WoW for months - came back and got invited to a group with my old raiding guild (on Thrall, they were really good) and we got everything done for me:

Sometimes, I wish I had not transferred over to Mal'Ganis...

Mal'Ganis = More "active" world + more friends.
Thrall = Better raid experience + more loot.

edit: What would you guys do?

TheYanger

Did you do 85-90 in the beta at all? Curious if it really does only take 9-12 hours :eek:

Nope, for the first time I BARELY touched the beta. But I've got 24 dailies (half done shadowmourne I won't abandon) and my dungeon group ready to go, as well as a party member who definitely knows what they're doing.

It can absolutely be done in less than 10 hours, we're talking super efficient speed levelling btw.

Thank you, thanks everyone!

Yeah yesterday was a really productive day, considering I hadn't played WoW for months - came back and got invited to a group with my old raiding guild (on Thrall, they were really good) and we got everything done for me:

Sheeeeeeit, they did Holding Hands for you? That's fucking true love.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Nope, for the first time I BARELY touched the beta. But I've got 24 dailies (half done shadowmourne I won't abandon) and my dungeon group ready to go, as well as a party member who definitely knows what they're doing.

It can absolutely be done in less than 10 hours, we're talking super efficient speed levelling btw.

Sheeeeeeit, they did Holding Hands for you? That's fucking true love.

Yeah.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So the xpac doesn't get an OT?
We just keep posting in this thread like we've always done :3 Every WoW-thread that gets created in the Gaming-forums gets infested by the following shit:

"People still play WoW?"

"This shit reminds me of Kung-fu Panda."

"This game looks ugly as hell."

"I played 10 minutes of this game and I still don't understand what the deal is all about."

"I've heard that this game is addicting, so I'll never try it out".

Etc. Let's just stay in this thread... it's comfy and warm around here ♥ :3

Tarazet

Hunter or Warlock. I'm not sure if I'd like a pet classe at high level, but I always wanted to at least try.

Hunter is probably the easiest class to level because it's so good at kiting. Agree with Warlock though, it's a late bloomer and not fun at early levels.

We just keep posting in this thread like we've always done :3 Every WoW-thread that gets created in the Gaming-forums gets infested by the following shit:

"People still play WoW?"

"This game looks ugly as hell."

"I played 10 minutes of this game and I still don't understand what the deal is all about."

"I've heard that this game is addicting, so I'll never try it out".

ahhhh

ampere

edit: What would you guys do?

I play on a relatively low pop server (Eredar US Alliance) and I have a lot of fun with my group of friends. However, if our group ever breaks up I'd probably have to realm transfer since there aren't a lot of options.

So that's an advantage of Mal'ganis, you could always find another group

Full set of dailies + dungeon past the crowd of people and start questing at 87 or something like that?

9 hours is crazy, but you guys might be able to pull it off

Robin64

I work as the sole IT guy for a shitty company that is full of people who think gaming is a huge waste of time. The other day, the MoP commercial aired here. The next day at work was awful, with the amount of Kung-fu Panda comments and about how Blizzard are just copying that movie. No amount of explanation would shut them up.

Yoshichan

I work as the sole IT guy for a shitty company that is full of people who think gaming is a huge waste of time. The other day, the MoP commercial aired here. The next day at work was awful, with the amount of Kung-fu Panda comments and about how Blizzard are just copying that movie. No amount of explanation would shut them up.
Just ignore them, seriously :lol It's impossible to keep their mouth shut once they started.

Garryk

Hunter is probably the easiest class to level because it's so good at kiting. Agree with Warlock though, it's a late bloomer and not fun at early levels.
Yeah I have a 75 Hunter already and it's been pretty easy. I've ground through early Priest a few times and I hated that. I was considering boosting either a Mage or a Warlock.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Ha, yeah. I'm the only person that plays in the office. When I told them that's why I'm taking the rest of the week off, the "Kung-fu Panda" comments started coming out.

Yoshichan

Okay, so me and my brother were having this discussion when we can actually start playing MoP (US servers)... can someone tell me how many hours it's left until we can play? I suck at time-zones.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I just started leveling a Warlock a few days ago and am loving it so far. Having an heirloom set helps, but slapping on DoTs then having your demons clean them up while you move to the next mob is awesome.

I only have one main (Warrior) but I think I'll actually level this guy to max (all other alt's are ~30 and then forgotten)

Entropia

No One Remembers
Okay, so me and my brother were having this discussion when we can actually start playing MoP (US servers)... can someone tell me how many hours it's left until we can play? I suck at time-zones.

It's about 12PM EDT right now, 9 AM PDT.

Mists launches at 12 AM PDT. So 15 hours.

ampere

Druid. Feral and resto.

You may not have tried this yet, but they made it so as resto you get agi from your intellect in cat form, and as feral you get spellpower from your agility.

So you can be in resto spec and gear and go cat form for questing or old content, it's pretty awesome.

Yoshichan

FUCK YES! My brother kept telling me it's in like 30 hours or something; I'm so glad it's so close to launch :D MY BODY CAN'T BE MORE READY THAN IT IS RIGHT NOW!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just so y'alls is aware;

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/09/24/zarhym-shares-mists-of-pandaria-midnight-activation-details/

The time is nearly upon us as the mists begin to part and a new age of discovery amidst turmoil begins! For those of you prepared to begin your adventures the moment Mists of Pandaria is launched in your region, we've put together some important details that should get your expedition underway.

As soon as we activate the new expansion content on launch, players who already have a Mists of Pandaria license with the data installed will gain instant access. If you're in the game when the clock strikes midnight, you don't even have to logout!

So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?

A yellow System Message will appear in your Chat Log telling you to visit Orgrimmar or Stormwind to start your travels.
Level-85 characters will receive a new quest, no matter where they are in the world, which will guide them to Varian or Garrosh for further orders. If you're online at midnight you will receive the quest even if your Quest Log is full -- or you can visit Varian or Garrosh to get started on your journey to Pandaria.
Level-85 players will notice their experience bars automatically change so that experience can once again be earned.
Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a pandaren character will be enabled. (Reminder: This also applies to players who don't have a Mists of Pandaria license, as all races are now included with a base copy of World of Warcraft.)
Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a monk character will be enabled.

We've been very hard at work on this new technology with the goal of ensuring that players can enjoy a more stable and seamless transition into the next expansion than ever before. Our staff will be monitoring realm stability and gameplay issues around the clock, as we want to provide you with the best experience possible.

We'll see you on Pandaria!

Yoshichan

I love Blizzard technology!!!

Loving that MOP opens up @ 5pm Tuesday Australian time.... not loving that WOW crashes the shit out of my video card driver and I can't fix it.

Try going back to DirectX 9 and the 32 bit client via the launcher options if you have not already. Mine was crashing my computer too and that seemed to have helped (though now I'm irritated I had to change it to play).

Yeah, this is where people ignoring community threads actually helps a bit. I'd rather have a proper discussion than mass derping.

RE: CRZ

I recently transferred to Mal'gannis Horde, and I noticed that most of the Alliance PvPers at the Dark Portal and Molten front are from Kel'thuzad which apparently is a big Alliance PvP server.

Is this just a quesiton of numbers or is there some specific reason these two realms seem to be matched against each other? Shouldn't it be a random mix?

I'm thinking of getting the CE for the mount - but am also thinking I'd never pay $20 for a mount which is what I would essentially be doing. Can't decide...

Yoshichan

I'm thinking of getting the CE for the mount - but am also thinking I'd never pay $20 for a mount which is what I would essentially be doing. Can't decide...
ltikW.jpg

You're also getting a pet, SCII portraits/decals, and D3 banner designs.

A no-brainer for a huge Blizz fan like me, but $20 for just the pet/mount may be too little for the WoW-only player.

Yeah, you had to mail them the bar code from the sheet on the back of the box. I did that, it was worth it, they gave me the pet, plus we got a white baby murloc, which is currently one of the rarest pet in the game, due to the very small amount of people who bothered to mail the bar code.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/aquatic/murlocs/lurky/

Definitely jealous of your collection there. Make good use out of the CE pets for pet battling!

Yeah, I played the beta for like 10 minutes tops because it kept crashing on me when I tried. Then they rolled out the one patch where you had to redownload it all, and it wasn't really worth it to me at that point. So I barely know what my experience will be like. Should be in for a treat.

Funnily enough, I also have my Shadowmourne quest that I've been keeping in my log (which is maybe a third done in terms of time needed), and I'll definitely be gathering up some dailies. Probably Molten Front and Tol Barad - when the clock strikes be in Molten Front ready to turn in, then port to Tol Barad, after which I'd port to Org.

And for people on Mal'Ganis -> We should party together for some dungeons/scenarios if not level together. I leveled with a guy from my guild last xpac for pretty much all of Deepholm and it went damn quick due to the efficiency of two people killing/grabbing objectives.

Battletag is CarbonFalcon#1838 if you don't have it.

Clipse

The hype got me and I am now re-installing after quitting 3 months ago lol. Any Horde gaffers on Mal'Ganis have room for social members in their guild?

Yoshichan

Zerglings being op? Nothing surprising here!

Sethos

Banned
Any ElvUI users?

Anyone else have a problem with anything written in /1 is spammed a few times, usually 2 times but I've seen it spam like 5 times. So annoying and embarrassing.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a pandaren character will be enabled. (Reminder: This also applies to players who don't have a Mists of Pandaria license, as all races are now included with a base copy of World of Warcraft.)
Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a monk character will be enabled.

Oh wow, so even if I don't pick up the expansion for a few days, I'll still be able to log into my un-upgraded Wow account and make a new Panda toon? So if I just want to take a Panda Warrior from 1 to 85 I don't even need the expansion? That's interesting, and slick as hell.

Of course, I'm going to Target tonight at 12:01 AM to pick it up anyway....lol.

I came back a few weeks ago after leaving a little bit post-cata and hadn't really played seriously for a long time even before that.

Kinda wish I had a bit longer to grind a few things I've always missed on like some mounts and pets I'd like.

Has anyone ever had the Fox Kit drop in Tol Barad? I grinded it for a little bit but don't know if I'll try again (this was always my problem) and now especially with MOP coming

Top Bottom