• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

TheContact

And now, my balance druid is ready for leveling :D I was planning on leveling 85-90 as resto... but I said "fuck it" :lol

Yeah, well you always have dual spec. When you're able to queue for dungeons just switch to resto. Trying to blow things up with Wrath as a resto druid is mind bashingly awful.

RPGCrazied

Anyone else not going to be able to play until next weekend? I should've got better shipping, but already spent $91 something in getting 3-5 days. I sure hope pet battles is fun, lol. I have like 115 pets. :p

Nugg

CRZ is the bane of the game right now. Fuck. How am I supposed to quest while 50 bored level 85s turn the Arathi Highlands (of all places!) into a battleground

I sure hope pet battles is fun, lol. I have like 115 pets. :p

I think it is though I dont plan to focus on my pets right away. Gonna get my cow to 90 first, get Loremaster for Pandaria, then go back and level my pets.

Right now this is what my starting lineup looks like for leveling:
Aquatic: Magical Crawdad
Beast: Windrider Cub
Critter: Mr. Wiggles
Dragonkin: Sprite Darter
Elemental: Pebble
Flying: Guardian Cub
Humanoid: Murky
Magic: Etherael Trader
Mechanical: Rocket Chicken
Undead: Crawling Claw

ampere

Anyone else not going to be able to play until next weekend? I should've got better shipping, but already spent $91 something in getting 3-5 days. I sure hope pet battles is fun, lol. I have like 115 pets. :p

I ordered the CE on Amazon for Cata and it came a day late, so I decided to skip it and go digital this time.

On the plus side you will probably have a less crowded Jade Forest to quest in

CRZ is the bane of the game right now. Fuck. How am I supposed to quest while 50 bored level 85s turn the Arathi Highlands (of all places!) into a battleground
People clamored for years that world pvp is dead, no one is out in the world, and CRZ fixes that very well.

I think people got used to pvp servers not having world pvp and leveling in peace, but that isn't really what pvp servers are intended for

CRZ does not fix low pop realm economies though, they still need to do that in another way, whether with cross realm AH or something else

Dresden

Yeah I'm kind of leery of what the leveling experience is going to be like on a high population pvp server. Jade Forest is going to turn into the forest of death.

ampere

What's the main WoW server for both Horde and Alliance? Haven't played in over a year and a half.

I've seen a lot of Horde posters here say they are playing on Mal'ganis, but there isn't a GAF guild there.

Alliance side, I don't know, maybe a high pop like Stormrage or Kel'thuzad

Rokam

What's the main WoW server for both Horde and Alliance? Haven't played in over a year and a half.

Horde PvP
Illidan

Alliance PvP
Kel'Thuzad

Horde PvE
Area 52

Alliance PvE
Stormrage

These are the highest population realms. As for GAF there's quite a few of us on Mal'Ganis.

People still have issue with PvP/PvE servers. No surprise that Blizzard always caves to complaining. CRZ's are the only thing that is distinguishing PvP and PvE servers.

Enosh

People still have issue with PvP/PvE servers. No surprise that Blizzard always caves to complaining. CRZ's are the only thing that is distinguishing PvP and PvE servers.
well the proble is a lot of people did roll on the "wrong realm" due to reasons like friends playing there, the servers being "unofficial languge X servers" etc
I know I rolled on a pvp server in vanilla because two other friends from GW switched with me to wow and they wanted to play on that server

so you have people who don't enjoy ganking being on pvp realms where pvp was pretty much dead for god knows how many years and then crz hits, basically turning the whole server on it's head overnight
not surprised people are angry, idk what the best solution would be, because if they fix it in a way that would kill world pvp the pvp-ers would be angry

imo what they should do is just allow free server transfers pvp->pve for a week or two

Decided not to buy MoP after all, even though I still kind of want to. But I want to try to spent less time behind the computer and more time studying/reading and I have to be strict with myself.

Need to lurk less on GAF as well, damn, all the things I could've done while mindlessly reading through threads here :p Just need to spent less time on the internet in general, although that is going to be hard for me.

Not that this has anything to do with WoW. Have fun tomorrow guys!

Puckmarin

Banned
well the proble is a lot of people did roll on the "wrong realm" due to reasons like friends playing there, the servers being "unofficial languge X servers" etc
I know I rolled on a pvp server in vanilla because two other friends from GW switched with me to wow and they wanted to play on that server

so you have people who don't enjoy ganking being on pvp realms where pvp was pretty much dead for god knows how many years and then crz hits, basically turning the whole server on it's head overnight
not surprised people are angry, idk what the best solution would be, because if they fix it in a way that would kill world pvp the pvp-ers would be angry

imo what they should do is just allow free server transfers pvp->pve for a week or two

So essentially CRZ has made the PvP servers into what they should have been since release and people are complaining? I don't feel that much pity for anyone at this point. Players need to learn that they can't have their cake and eat it too. I dislike open world PvP unless there is some sort of goal or objective. There doesn't seem to be any in WoW so I'm rolling PvE.

That being said, I agree - free transfers for a week or two would make the situation better.

So essentially CRZ has made the PvP servers into what they should have been since release and people are complaining? I don't feel that much pity for anyone at this point. Players need to learn that they can't have their cake and eat it too. I dislike open world PvP unless there is some sort of goal or objective. There doesn't seem to be any in WoW so I'm rolling PvE.

That being said, I agree - free transfers for a week or two would make the situation better.

I feel no pity at this point. It's unquestionably easy to reroll and level a toon even without BoA or just pay the $25. Blizzard has made it now so you don't even have to be on the same server as your friends.

The days of being camped are over with how the game is set up (and furthermore it is so easy to get away from campers even in vanilla). If the miniscule amount of wPVP is getting in the way or will be getting in the way it's time to reroll.

Blizzard is at fault for not clearly laying out how each realm type will be. Instead they went with general concepts and decided to patch in "fixes" to appease the whiners.

Puckmarin

Banned
I feel no pity at this point. It's unquestionably easy to reroll and level a toon even without BoA or just pay the $25. Blizzard has made it now so you don't even have to be on the same server as your friends.

The days of being camped are over with how the game is set up (and furthermore it is so easy to get away from campers even in vanilla). If the miniscule amount of wPVP is getting in the way or will be getting in the way it's time to reroll.

Blizzard is at fault for not clearly laying out how each realm type will be. Instead they went with general concepts and decided to patch in "fixes" to appease the whiners.

I'm not sure how much more clear it could be.

PvP = world PvP.
PvE = no world PvP

Both PvP and PvE can still run balttlegrounds, arena, Wintergrasp, etc...

I'm not sure how much more clear it could be.

PvP = world PvP.
PvE = no world PvP

Both PvP and PvE can still run balttlegrounds, arena, Wintergrasp, etc...

It obviously isn't clear enough, because still today with the CRZ's people on PvP servers are bitching and moaning about being ganked in various places.

They (Blizzard) literally needed to have a huge flashing warning screen informing players they will be ganked and either suck it up or reroll.

Rokam

Decided not to buy MoP after all, even though I still kind of want to. But I want to try to spent less time behind the computer and more time studying/reading and I have to be strict with myself.

Need to lurk less on GAF as well, damn, all the things I could've done while mindlessly reading through threads here :p Just need to spent less time on the internet in general, although that is going to be hard for me.

Not that this has anything to do with WoW. Have fun tomorrow guys!

Disgusting.

Didn't realize you still get dismounted flying into WG due to CRZ. Thank god for Goblin Rocket Jump.

Fjordson

I'm absolutely loving CRZ. It's reminding me of why I rolled on a PvP server back in 2004.

I went to the STV arena earlier and there was like 30 people fighting in and around it. It's glorious. A few months ago the whole zone would be dead, save for a handful of lowbies questing.

It obviously isn't clear enough, because still today with the CRZ's people on PvP servers are bitching and moaning about being ganked in various places.

They (Blizzard) literally needed to have a huge flashing warning screen informing players they will be ganked and either suck it up or reroll.

Sadly you're probably right - there might need to be something more implemented than just a roll over tool tip for the "type" column at this point. PvP realms have been around since the beginning but far more casual people have come on since then. People got comfy with nothing happening PvP wise - and that's now changed.

Though I believe instead of bitching how much it's ruined your life (not you, Gaylord - just random people on forums), talk with your guild and collectively launch tickets to see if you can be transferred to a PvE realm. Maybe a ton of requests will cause Blizzard to re-evaluate it's current set up (they probably are already but who knows where that discussion is currently at).

Or if your whole guild doesn't wanna go, just look into transferring yourself. Playing with friends is great unless you're miserable while they're having a great time. Either way, I'd be curious to see how many people really do want to get away from PvP servers versus those who knew what the possibilities were.

Rokam

The thing is once MoP launches the ganking will calm down, most people will be in Pandaria. And since the dailies are there, no real reason to come back.

Horde PvP
Illidan

Alliance PvP
Kel'Thuzad

Horde PvE
Area 52

Alliance PvE
Stormrage

These are the highest population realms. As for GAF there's quite a few of us on Mal'Ganis.
I agree with these servers. I started a Druid alt last night on Stormrage Alliance side. Quite a few people on at midnight.

Robin64

24 hours til I'm Pet Battling, baby.

But I still haven't decided on any pet names at all. Do I go for puns or just badass names? It's a tough call.

Enosh

wowscrnshot092312235823.jpg
oh well, better late than never they say ^^
nice ending to cata for me

need to wait until tuesday for MoP -.-

oh well, better late than never they say ^^
nice ending to cata for me

need to wait until tuesday for MoP -.-

Congrats!

I'll have to catch up on all the Cata raiding meta-achievements sometime in Mists myself.

Still debating on whether to go digital or not. The closest midnight releases are a Gamestop and a 24-hour Walmart that are across the street from each other. Both are further away than the local Best Buy, a couple other Gamestops, and another Walmart (which isn't 24-hours). The box is fun and the disc is mighty useful as a backup. I could just get it in the morning at 9 or something, but that would put me a bit behind. Decisions, decisions.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm honestly disgusted by all the anti-CRZ whining in the official forums.

"Boo! Diablo is shitty because it feels like a single-player game!"

"Boo! WoW now sucks because it isn't a single-player game!"

ampere

Congrats!

I'll have to catch up on all the Cata raiding meta-achievements sometime in Mists myself.

Still debating on whether to go digital or not. The closest midnight releases are a Gamestop and a 24-hour Walmart that are across the street from each other. Both are further away than the local Best Buy, a couple other Gamestops, and another Walmart (which isn't 24-hours). The box is fun and the disc is mighty useful as a backup. I could just get it in the morning at 9 or something, but that would put me a bit behind. Decisions, decisions.

Unless you are a 'gotta have the box' collector I'd say you can't beat digital for an online only game like WoW. The streaming launcher makes it a lot easier if you ever have to do a full re-install, I always just keep a copy of the data folder on my backup HDD.

I'm pretty pumped about being able to jump right in at 3am est :)

Dresden

I'm honestly disgusted by all the anti-CRZ whining in the official forums.

"Boo! Diablo is shitty because it feels like a single-player game!"

"Boo! WoW now sucks because it isn't a single-player game!"

It's the official forums, the saddest place on earth (as measured by the amount of whining per poster.)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One day before MoP, baby :D!

uCebc.png

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
OH SHIT OH SHIT, I just got into a Madness run with 2 of my guldies who already have the mount and one of them told me it's an alt run. (people form different server)

Do I smell mount time!?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahaha oh my God

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
OH SHIT OH SHIT, I just got into a Madness run with 2 of my guldies who already have the mount and one of them told me it's an alt run. (people form different server)

Do I smell mount time!?

2 wipes on the first platform.

It would seem I've gotten 2 out of 3 toons saved to fail groups.

[edit]

Never have I seen such terrible raid awareness. You'd think some of these people were blind.

Lucky duck with your Handmaiden! Guess I'll be rolling the dice after the drop reduction in Mists if I want that or the Firehawk (which is a shame.)

Doing a massive fire sale on my bank alt (40%+ off the AH price of everything I'm listing) before I move. After that's over (12h auctions) I should be good to transfer. Moved all my heirlooms to my main and otherwise cleaned out my bags. I'll just have to finish shifting gold around. Will do digital upgrade I think, to go along with the transferring I'm doing.

After that I guess I just bide my time until launch. May work on Sha'tari Skyguard (revered on that), or try and boost up my JP count some more. Did Theramore on the DK. Other toons too low-geared to get in, and building them up would take too long and be too much effort, even if I didn't enchant/gem stuff.

Edit: Bit the bullet!

Top Bottom