• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Grats babe :3
Thank you sir ♥ I really enjoyed this last raid before MoP... say what we want about 4.3, but I actually got nostalgic for some reason. I think I'll look back at 4.3 and say "It was clearly rushed content, but it felt satisfying nonetheless". And that, for me, is enough.

edit: Now I'm gonna go and watch all the cinematics from vanilla to MoP again :3 BRING ON THE HYPE!

JCizzle

Thank you sir ♥ I really enjoyed this last raid before MoP... say what we want about 4.3, but I actually got nostalgic for some reason. I think I'll look back at 4.3 and say "It was clearly rushed content, but it felt satisfying nonetheless". And that, for me, is enough.

edit: Now I'm gonna go and watch all the cinematics from vanilla to MoP again :3 BRING ON THE HYPE!

gnHix.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why can't I watch the TBC and Wrath intro without shedding tears? I'm a fucking nerd...

Cataclysm and MoP intro to go, brb.

Fjordson

Wow, grats Yoshi. Awesome way to cap off Catacylsm.

My Cata finisher was finally getting my Red Proto. Sort of lame since that's not even a Cata mount...lol, but oh well, I really like it.

IsayFever

Had our end of cata raid tonight. Was really good, 1hrish clear of h ds, and then firelands. Gave hand maiden to a newly returned friend

Yoshichan

And now that I've watched all the cinematics again, I'm gonna have to agree with what I said when I first watched the MoP-intro!

As it stands right now, I love all five intros and I can't really place them in any specific order - but if you put a gun to me head and I had to choose, it would have to look something like this:

Cata (Vanilla nostalgia music + best looking intro) > TBC (nostalgia + Illidan voice acting + perfectly paced) > Wrath (script and music choice was perfect) > MoP (excellently drawn + very different) > Vanilla (the perfect intro for the start of a mmorpg).

Wow, grats Yoshi. Awesome way to cap off Catacylsm.
Yes, it really was!

Entropia

No One Remembers
My dislike for my guild is increasing.

We cleared through DS fine and dandy. We go to FL to get me my staff, and it's like their raid awareness dropped to 0.

Yoshichan

YAY! Grats :D!!!

Glad it all worked out in the end~

Soo....for some reason I WoW won't let me display it in 1920x1080. It's really weird - all the resolution options are slightly off. My default monitor resolution is 2048x1152 and it lets me do that, but I have it set to 1920x1080 in the system settings. The next lowest after 2048x1152 is 1892x1064 and then a bunch of other odd resolutions. And I'd really rather play on 1920x1080 for the slight performance increase (the extra resolution doesn't do much.)

Any ideas? This is the 64-bit Mac client.

Edit: And...after some digging on the WoW forums, there may be some solutions to this, but I'll just deal for now unless it becomes an issue.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
well the proble is a lot of people did roll on the "wrong realm" due to reasons like friends playing there, the servers being "unofficial languge X servers" etc
I know I rolled on a pvp server in vanilla because two other friends from GW switched with me to wow and they wanted to play on that server

so you have people who don't enjoy ganking being on pvp realms where pvp was pretty much dead for god knows how many years and then crz hits, basically turning the whole server on it's head overnight
not surprised people are angry, idk what the best solution would be, because if they fix it in a way that would kill world pvp the pvp-ers would be angry

imo what they should do is just allow free server transfers pvp->pve for a week or two
They're probably thinkin how genius it is that they're getting more money for server xfers now that people realized what the little PvP next to their server meant.

Seriously, no one who's bitching about getting pvp on a pvp server is getting any sympathy from anybody. I'm surprised the official response isn't: "qq reroll" - Tom Chilton

Fjordson

The only zone I'm not really loving due to CRZ is Molten Front. Not even because of the PvP, that's pretty entertaining, but I think because the zone is all in one area it's just hammering my FPS. It's a slide show. Makes finishing the dailies a real pain.

Could corpse skeletons contribute to that? The ground is practically white from them in there :lol maybe they could have them disappear quicker in Molten Front only. Not sure if that's possible, but yeah.

Cipherr

The only zone I'm not really loving due to CRZ is Molten Front. Not even because of the PvP, that's pretty entertaining, but I think because the zone is all in one area it's just hammering my FPS. It's a slide show. Makes finishing the dailies a real pain.

Could corpse skeletons contribute to that? The ground is practically white from them in there :lol maybe they could have them disappear quicker in Molten Front only. Not sure if that's possible, but yeah.

Oh god that sounds hilarious. I never thought about Molten Front and how enclosed and small it is. Must be an absolute massacre if CRZ works in there on PvP realms. My god.

Tarazet

Horde PvP
Illidan

Alliance PvP
Kel'Thuzad

Horde PvE
Area 52

Alliance PvE
Stormrage

These are the highest population realms. As for GAF there's quite a few of us on Mal'Ganis.

I'm on Ghostlands, but constantly getting matched up with A52 Hordies.

Tarazet - 85 Druid
Cowell - 85 Paladin
Hindemith - 82 Death Knight

Everything sorted out I think and I should be able to transfer my characters tomorrow (later today.) Addon/UI formatting after that. (Joy.)

Had to either spend down some gold, or buy stuff that doesn't lose value to make my money fit onto two characters (50k limit per), so I went with a Traveler's Tundra Mammoth. Could've had one for ages, but never picked one up. Will be a nice convenience to have when out in the world (and the occasional raid/dungeon!) with vendor and repair at a whim. Especially useful for alts or doing old content where you just end up picking up a bunch of crap.

Got it over the Mechanohog for the vendor aspect, though I should get one of those one of these days as well. Sandstone Drake would have been far more than I needed to spend + having to deal with someone to get it (I don't have the recipe myself yet.) Same goes for the hog.

Going to be saving/investing for awhile though. Need to make a bunch of gold early on when the market is booming before I buy something else big like the new version of the mammoth (which is 100k I think?) or the JC panthers, not to mention whatever other sinks are out there. And it's always nice to sit on a good cushion for repair and other general bills, not having to worry about affording gems and enchants and the like.

Robin64

I'm thinking about going for Realm First! Zen Master Angler, but I just don't know.

The plan would be to complete a daily quest but not hand it in, then stand at the fishing trainer in Org getting the Zen skill right away, then fishing to 599 and handing in the quest for the final point. But I wonder how long it would take and how many others on my mostly-dead realm would try for it. Hngh.

14 hours to go!

I'm thinking about going for Realm First! Zen Master Angler, but I just don't know.

The plan would be to complete a daily quest but not hand it in, then stand at the fishing trainer in Org getting the Zen skill right away, then fishing to 599 and handing in the quest for the final point. But I wonder how long it would take and how many others on my mostly-dead realm would try for it. Hngh.

14 hours to go!

I do have the digital copy now, but since I'm transferring, I'm ceding any chance to get realm firsts this time. Not that I'd be super likely to snag any anyway with how competitive they can be. I can go through content fast, but not rush, and still have fun. Leveling rankings on Wowprogress will be more fun to watch and attempt to place well, rather than strive to place first.

Good luck if you do go for it though! Bit longer to launch here in the states than Europe.

Westlo

Loving that MOP opens up @ 5pm Tuesday Australian time.... not loving that WOW crashes the shit out of my video card driver and I can't fix it.

Nugg

Ok, account upgraded, sitting in Orgrimmar. I'm not planning on logging out anymore before tonight. HYPE!

5PjAB.jpg

By the way, the (french) artbook is full of typos. Once again, outstanding job. Blizzard sure ain't what it used to be. HYPE ANYWAY.

sazzy

Ok, account upgraded, sitting in Orgrimmar. I'm not planning on logging out anymore before tonight. HYPE!

5PjAB.jpg

By the way, the (french) artbook is full of typos. Once again, outstanding job. Blizzard sure ain't what it used to be. HYPE ANYWAY.

pretty

ampere

http://i.imgur.com/5PjAB.jpg[IMG]

By the way, the (french) artbook is full of typos. Once again, outstanding job. Blizzard sure ain't what it used to be. HYPE ANYWAY.[/QUOTE]

Cool stuff. I'm most jealous of your Vanilla and BC CEs. I love those pets.

Trickster

Cool stuff. I'm most jealous of your Vanilla and BC CEs. I love those pets.

As an EU purchaser of the TBC CE, I never got the pet. Blizzard fucked up the EU version of the CE, and people had to start cutting out a certain part of the package (cant remember what exactly) and mailing it to them if the wanted the pet that was advertised on the box. It was total BS.

So what was in the vanilla CE? I only got the regular version.

Pets? Panda cub, zergling and mini diablo.

Nugg

As an EU purchaser of the TBC CE, I never got the pet. Blizzard fucked up the EU version of the CE, and people had to start cutting out a certain part of the package (cant remember what exactly) and mailing it to them if the wanted the pet that was advertised on the box. It was total BS.
Yeah, you had to mail them the bar code from the sheet on the back of the box. I did that, it was worth it, they gave me the pet, plus we got a white baby murloc, which is currently one of the rarest pet in the game, due to the very small amount of people who bothered to mail the bar code.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/aquatic/murlocs/lurky/

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't wait for tomorrow, i haven't preorder the expansion at all, so hopefully there will be some copies left in the Futureshop or EB Games near me.

We've been waiting for new content for too long... at least the next months will be quite busy.

Trickster

I can't wait for tomorrow, i haven't preorder the expansion at all, so hopefully there will be some copies left in the Futureshop or EB Games near me.

We've been waiting for new content for too long... at least the next months will be quite busy.

Gotta tip my had to you people that could stand the ridiculous length in which no new content was introduced. Haven't played since september last year, except for a month to try the dragon soul raid.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Gotta tip my had to you people that could stand the ridiculous length in which no new content was introduced. Haven't played since september last year, except for a month to try the dragon soul raid.

The only reason i kept playing was because of the free Diablo 3 with a 1 year WoW pass, otherwise i would probably have stopped my sub during spring and summer. And even then... i barely logged between April and August.

ampere

Yeah, you had to mail them the bar code from the sheet on the back of the box. I did that, it was worth it, they gave me the pet, plus we got a white baby murloc, which is currently one of the rarest pet in the game, due to the very small amount of people who bothered to mail the bar code.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/aquatic/murlocs/lurky/

Wow that pet is adorable. I've always wanted a baby Murloc pet.

We mostly kept ourselves entertained in my guild, old content, some pvp, alts. A lot of people canceled their subs, and we had to downsize from 25 to 10 man, but it was alright.

Fjordson

Oh god that sounds hilarious. I never thought about Molten Front and how enclosed and small it is. Must be an absolute massacre if CRZ works in there on PvP realms. My god.
Yeah, it's a little nuts. Just the way the area is laid out doesn't make much sense to me. Not only is everything happening in one area, but horde and alliance also hang out in the exact same area. Could have at least put them on different sides of the main field or something.

That being said, the worst part is the performance in there. Undoubtedly part of it is the fact that my laptop is mediocre, but I get better FPS in Stormwind during evening primetime hours than I do in Molten Front at like 2 AM. And the skeletons. Oh god, so many skeletons and corpses :lol

Garryk

If you could boost one class to 80 because it is fun to play, but a pain in the ass to level, what would it be?

I'm thinking Mage.

Nugg

If you could boost one class to 80 because it is fun to play, but a pain in the ass to level, what would it be?

I'm thinking Mage.

Hunter or Warlock. I'm not sure if I'd like a pet classe at high level, but I always wanted to at least try.

Yoshichan

I can't believe this. The next time I wake up, I'll be playing MoP. The next time I wake up.

Hold me T_T ANYONE, JUST HOLD ME!

Top Bottom