• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Nugg

Oh wow, so even if I don't pick up the expansion for a few days, I'll still be able to log into my un-upgraded Wow account and make a new Panda toon? So if I just want to take a Panda Warrior from 1 to 85 I don't even need the expansion? That's interesting, and slick as hell.

Yes that is correct. You just can't make it a monk.

Is it also still dropping?

Yes. I got mine while farming for my 200 tokens. Now I have almost 200 tokens and no use for them =)

It's now for sale there for a massive 200 tokens.

Saw that - that's a ridiculous grind. I've been doing the dailies trying to get the Drake there but can't imagine anyone doing that for the pet (it's already worn quite thin)

I know farming for a drop isn't optimal but when the work to get the 200 tokens is so clear-cut upfront it's alot easier to say forget it

Dunlop

Can't believe I'm looking at WOW again, but the lack of a real endgame in GW2 is making me wander....

Does the scroll of resurrection still give a level 80 character?

Can't believe I'm looking at WOW again, but the lack of a real endgame in GW2 is making me wander....

Does the scroll of resurrection still give a level 80 character?

It says it "boosts" a character - I don't know if that means it has to be an existing one. But yes, it still does.

Has anyone ever had the Fox Kit drop in Tol Barad? I grinded it for a little bit but don't know if I'll try again (this was always my problem) and now especially with MOP coming

Mine dropped the old fashioned way but if you're exalted with the TB faction, you can purchase it with the commendations. It's a crap shoot when you'll get it otherwise. I farmed a couple hundred. Had another guildie kill over a thousand, and I've heard of it dropping within five kills.

Also,

Anyone on Mal'gannis in a guild they like that's pretty open to players somewhere betwen noob and leet? I joined a pretty big one (H A R D C O R E) that's alright but seems like people are always coming and going constantly - I'd like one a bit more social that I could consistently play with but isn't too cliquish

Entropia

No One Remembers
Oh wow, so even if I don't pick up the expansion for a few days, I'll still be able to log into my un-upgraded Wow account and make a new Panda toon? So if I just want to take a Panda Warrior from 1 to 85 I don't even need the expansion? That's interesting, and slick as hell.

Of course, I'm going to Target tonight at 12:01 AM to pick it up anyway....lol.

Yup!

When 5.0 launched they let any level of an account create any race. When Mists launches, Pandas will be included.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy tits! Who's setup is that O_O?

Sarcasm

As much as I want to play the new expansion..I am sadly going to have to pass. =/ =(

Hard to fund the 16 USD from a different country.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
,_, you guys...

Robin64

I've been telling my friends there won't be any server probs due to the tech they are using and the fact the servers have been running MoP now for weeks.

I hope I don't get egg on my face.

ampere

I've been telling my friends there won't be any server probs due to the tech they are using and the fact the servers have been running MoP now for weeks.

I hope I don't get egg on my face.

Jade Forest zone crashes maybe... my server is medium pop so my only fear is getting ganked by a gang of horde.

Kuntz

So much Hype right now ...
Going straight for realm first fishing (!!!) then unlocking my farm (!!) then painfully buying my way through inscription and engineering to level without gathering... so much pain, so much pleasure, i'm conflicted... midnight can't come soon enough

G-Fex

Last I played WoW (a couple weeks ago) the talent trees were mutated into something sinister and ...not what I expected.

I guess it's been a year since I played it last.

So they're doing away with the talent trees completely? How will things work?

strafer

Last I played WoW (a couple weeks ago) the talent trees were mutated into something sinister and ...not what I expected.

No cookie cutter specs.

You can take whatever you want.

Yoshichan

Yup, MoP specs are all situational. Switch depending on the fight.

ampere

You get all of your specialization abilities automatically (Fire Mage gets Pyro and Combustion automatically, Frost Mage gets the pet and Icy Veins, Resto Druid gets Swiftmend and Wild Growth, etc)
Here's the new talent setup. Each class has the same set of talents for all of their specializations. Lots of the new talents are utility based, some are pure dps/hps though.
P2fXI.png

Berordn

How many weeks ago? You probably played with what the talent trees are now. Instead of being mandatory traits with a few choices, progression is linear for your spec and everyone has the same baseline abilities. Instead, you get a choice of 6 powerful class-specific traits and abilities that all have situational use, and you can swap them out any time you're not in combat.

G-Fex

How many weeks ago? You probably played with what the talent trees are now. Instead of being mandatory traits with a few choices, progression is linear for your spec and everyone has the same baseline abilities. Instead, you get a choice of 6 powerful class-specific traits and abilities that all have situational use, and you can swap them out any time you're not in combat.

two three weeks ago, I got some pass by email from someone I used to know in WoW but haven't talked to in forever.

So I Played with that time.

Yes the talents looks like the ones ciaossu just posted.

Oh ....oh god

Sarcasm

Why must I feel the need to play this? I just got GW2 (for free, but still) and I don't need another item taking time away.

bah.

Yoshichan

I'm off to go buy some preparation stuff for MoP :D

Condoms and booze!

My plan for the next days:

- Reach lvl 90 on my rogue tomorrow.

- Be the first in my guild to become lvl 90.

- Farm 250 valor points before reset so I can get a 1250 or 2250 vp item soon.

- Get mining to 600 and sell ore on the auction house, hopefully getting rich by doing this.

- Get the best pre-raid gear available from heroics.

- Drop mining, get enchanting (other profession is blacksmithing).

- Look for a raiding guild. Current guild is nice, but they don't play nearly as much as I do and don't raid. I joined 2 weeks ago for leveling and questing and I am at #1 in all time guild activity - guild exists since 2005. That has to be a bug.

I should sleep now until midnight, but I really can't. Too excited lol!

I'm pretty excited about this. We even told my son we'll let him create a Pandaran because he loves kung fu panda. I had fun explaining to him that Pandarans came first. lol

ampere

Gemüsepizza;42491909 said:
I should sleep now until midnight, but I really can't. Too excited lol!

You gotta sleep!

I'm going to bed in 2 or 3 hours so that I can play at least until my monk is 90.

Hoping I have enough energy to power level enchanting/leatherworking (have the mats already) to 525 and start working on them to 600. Going to have to play my damn skin farming hunter for that though.

My dk, who is 85, is still super low on his professions. I don't want to go back and powerlevel them either. ARGH.

What names are you guys using for your monks?

Yoshichan

I'm back :D Turns out, my idea of now buying "shit that will burn me out" didn't work out as intended ,_, oh well, I AM READY!!!!!

Yoshichan

I plan on going to the midnight launch (in 3 hours and 40 minutes) and do my regular shoutout (that I've been doing since Wrath): "NEOGAF, YOSHICHAN, NA SERVERS BITCHES! EU SERVER ARE FOR FOOLS!"

Yoshichan

How does that work for you anyway, being so far displaced from the server time?
I've adapted by now (switched to NA servers just before TBC was released). At first, raiding was one of the most frustrating things of all time (me being shy + my horrible English + always raid at night/morning) - but after years, I started growing up with the American time-zone :lol. It can sometimes be rough if I work in the morning and raid's at night, so I'll have to shove in like 2 hours of sleep before work etc.

I plan on going to the midnight launch (in 3 hours and 40 minutes) and do my regular shoutout (that I've been doing since Wrath): "NEOGAF, YOSHICHAN, NA SERVERS BITCHES! EU SERVER ARE FOR FOOLS!"

I'm not showing up too early for the one here. I'll leave my place around 9 (so three hours before Midnight) and if there's parking - cool. If not... ah well. There better be parking though. Place is fucking massive.

The Blizzard rep came through and sent me a new code (after my game was apparently late/lost in the mail), so I'll be playing tonight. I plan to get some sleep now and then get up and mine like crazy, sell the ores and get rich. That's what I did in Wrath and the cash lasted me the entire expansion...

Top Bottom