• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
MG is a great server... but SA's guild is there too, and they're the most annoying idiots you'll ever find on a server. Their sole intent is to annoy the hell out of everyone because "it's fun"

Oh and unless things changed, they'll spam general and trade with GOP propaganda and Obama jokes every single second

Oh god you just described a guild on Gilneas. I want to reach through the internet and punch them out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh my God, I completely forgot about the roll skill! AMAZING! ♥

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi I thought you were on a US server? Do you have another account, or I'm just wrong?
Yep, I'm on US! But I'm playing on my friends account (EU) just for fun while waiting for the US servers :3!

Yoshichan

I must say, I'm enjoying the Panda-land quests more than BE/Draenei-quests :3 I had the beta, but I didn't play more than the first couple of quests.

Puckmarin

Banned
There has to be something I'm missing here, because an subscription to be in a guild is crazy and doesn't guarantee member quality at all. Especially selling loot rights. Seems fishy.

It has to be some sort of inside joke.

OR

It's totally legit and they run their guild like a business. Subscribe and the more money you pay the more rights you have.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Doing some research on Goon Squad... this shit can't be real:

http://www.wowgoons.com/

What the hell at those prices

$9.95 per month - BRONZE Membership
$19.95 per month - SILVER Membership
$29.95 per month - GOLD Membership
$39.95 per month - PLATINUM Membership
$99.95 per month* (a $200 value!) - DIAMOND Membership

Finally, DIAMOND members have the ability to purchase our ORANGE JULIUS CAESAR package - the right to own a Breath of the Black Prince. Players who purchase our ORANGE JULIUS CAESAR package at a modest price of $999.95

I knew some WoW players were crazy, but this is beyond crazy.

Hixx

Some dude has his 600 mining already D:

Couldn't be arsed with the lag in Org so made a panda monk and its been very smooth. Much better zone than the Goblin or Worgen starter zone imo.

Yoshichan

LOL I died! Wtf

Yoshichan

DISCONNECTED!

RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Alchemy

Guys, this is clearly a joke

Figured, but I don't see the point of it. It isn't a funny "Har har", but more of a WTF? I guess I can see it being used to drive away people that aren't part of their inner circle. Still really bizarre the effort that went into it.

Fularu

Banned
Figured, but I don't see the point of it. It isn't a funny "Har har", but more of a WTF? I guess I can see it being used to drive away people that aren't part of their inner circle. Still really bizarre the effort that went into it.

This is GS you're talking about. The only worthwhile part of that guild formed EJ during WoW's beta. The rest is trash through and through

Yoshichan

Oh my god, the view of the big turtle! O_O

Trickster

It's like blizzard took a look at the abysmal diablo 3 launch, and decided they should do the same thing for wow.

Worst expansion launch in wow history based on my personal experience.

I really got turned off on WoW after a horrible experience with the "elite" raiding guild I just left. Vitriolic raiding atmosphere, GM/Co-GM dating combination, lack of raid communication, and constantly hearing the GM/Co-GM yell and blame, rather than address gameplay concern all soured me. I'm a good, smart, adaptable tank, but I don't work all day to come home and get yelled at by some random person in WoW.

I've all but written off on the game, but MoP hype is starting to affect me. Add to that, my lady has an Alliance main and my main is Horde. What do I do, GAF?!

KingKong

So I'm watching the Kungen stream, how are they doing dungeons already? and beating them so easily? I guess they were in the beta? I was looking for a stream that would show off new areas, maybe MMO Champ is better for that

Rokam

So I'm watching the Kungen stream, how are they doing dungeons already? and beating them so easily? I guess they were in the beta? I was looking for a stream that would show off new areas, maybe MMO Champ is better for that

It's tuned for people in questing greens.

Did they normalize gear prices? For example plate gear always sells for more than cloth, but now that you can't pick which reward, if the old system is still in place you'll end up with less gold.

Guys, the Goon Squad page is a joke/scam. You don't actually have to pay to get in if you're a member of the SA forums.

It's the same sort of shit that's pulled all the time on people who aren't in the know with their EVE corporation.

I really got turned off on WoW after a horrible experience with the "elite" raiding guild I just left. Vitriolic raiding atmosphere, GM/Co-GM dating combination, lack of raid communication, and constantly hearing the GM/Co-GM yell and blame, rather than address gameplay concern all soured me. I'm a good, smart, adaptable tank, but I don't work all day to come home and get yelled at by some random person in WoW.

I've all but written off on the game, but MoP hype is starting to affect me. Add to that, my lady has an Alliance main and my main is Horde. What do I do, GAF?!

Tell her to join the Horde or she'll feel the wrath of your Doomhammer.

As for guilds, see if you can join in on some other guild runs and try um out before you commit. Speak to people to see if there's any drama - no details - and if it impacts the guild at all. Don't ask GMs though, ask the normal folk. Don't let a couple of fannyhats turn you off to some good people out there.

Gvaz

Banned
I'd play this but I need to pay bills

Also yeah Goon Squad is the best guild

yall gettin trolled btw

It doesn't really drive people away. People actually message us about who to pay for getting into goon squad.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I feel like I want to play this, but I can't set aside 3+ hour blocks of time for raiding like I used to. But there's a lot of community to be had. :|

Let's just say I DID come back...Are Pally's still radical tanks? I'd roll a fresh one if I did opt to start up again tonight with the mega rush of folks.

Berordn

Let's just say I DID come back...Are Pally's still radical tanks? I'd roll a fresh one if I did opt to start up again tonight with the mega rush of folks.

Radical? Probably not, all the tanks are a bit more vulnerable than they used to be since the tanking style changed from threat management to active mitigation. Paladins are said to be what Blizzard balances the other tanks around at the moment, so take that as you will.

Yoshichan

Soon time to choose between Alliance/Horde ,_, but I want to stay factionless!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Radical? Probably not, all the tanks are a bit more vulnerable than they used to be since the tanking style changed from threat management to active mitigation. Paladins are said to be what Blizzard balances the other tanks around at the moment, so take that as you will.

Hmm....I loved my Mage, but DPS got boring because I could NEVER find a group. I enjoy tanking the little I did, though. :/

Yoshichan

LOL and as soon as I chose Alliance, two billion guild invites :lol

Yoshichan

So.. how's the lag?

trolololo
There was absolutely zero lag. I had no problems logging in. And I only got disconnected once.

Perfect EU launch - better than Cata (and that was a good launch).

Let's hope the same thing can be said about Mal'Ganis US.

Loxley

Decided to do a last-minute server transfer with my main Pally to Stormrage. I would go to Mal' Ganis to just be on a server with more GAfers, but I can't stand PvP servers.

Top Bottom