• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Chris R

I'm wondering how Brewmaster is going to do. I'm 13 now, so as soon as I hit 15, I'm going to dive into Ragefire to see how it works. There is a LOT more management going on in this class than there was with my fire Mage (with all the PoM-Pyro LB DOT nonsense).

Loved my fire mage before 5.x, now it is terrible :( At least I have 5 different classes 80+ now to choose from after doing the RAF stuff.

Are the Black Market Auction Houses stocked with goodies yet? I have a spectral tiger sitting in my bank that I am thinking about selling in order to perhaps bid on ashes of a'lar instead. I've seen the spectral tigers go for 500k+ in Cata, and maybe just maybe ashes won't go for gold cap.

Berordn

Are the Black Market Auction Houses stocked with goodies yet? I have a spectral tiger sitting in my bank that I am thinking about selling in order to perhaps bid on ashes of a'lar instead. I've seen the spectral tigers go for 500k+ in Cata, and maybe just maybe ashes won't go for gold cap.

It should be populating randomly. My server's had the same two things on it for a couple days now, T3 hunter helm and a rareish companion pet at 10k starting bids. Just keep checking.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Loved my fire mage before 5.x, now it is terrible :( At least I have 5 different classes 80+ now to choose from after doing the RAF stuff.

I tried to raid fire, but it was WAAAAY to crit dependent to be fun. At least with Arcane, I was contributing in a reliable sense AND having fun (despite the fact that raiding boiled down to 111111111111).

Puckmarin

Banned

Black Market AH? What am I missing?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yay! I just got ilvl 440... heroics are gonna be scary

Can someone confirm whether the Scroll of Resurrection works on accounts that used the Blizz given 7 day trial? I used 7 day trials from Blizz in February and just last week. Am I eligible for a Scroll? I didnt see a definite answer in the FAQ.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yay! I just got ilvl 440... heroics are gonna be scary

The queues are really long right now for every single dungeon type since there's not really a lot of people over level 86 right now and because of those, few are willing to do a lot of tanking (even though I can vouch for the fact that it is very easy in the easy zone-greens you buy from the adventuring vendors).

Black market vendor in my server is empty.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haha yeah, that's usually how it goes :p I'm a healer and my brother is a tank so it goes pretty much instantly~

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I haven't leveled a toon since...Well, since my Mage (I started in BC). I feel like my Monk is leveling REALLY slow.

Any good "guides" on where I should be running around to level at?

Robin64

Heroics aren't that hard this time. That's probably even a bad name for them now, they're just "Level 90 Dungeons" really. Given you can't do "Normals".

sazzy

I used to think this way, but then one day I realized that playing WoW isn't really a race, nor does it have to be in order to have fun. Almost everything you can get by continuous grinding for a few days with no sleep will still be there even if you take months by playing a few nights a week casually. WoW has become so much more fun for me since that realization.

That said, I should have taken vacation this week in order to play WoW non stop...

Dude, you had me convinced until the last sentence lol

I'm still gonna take my time though.. just got to the Jade ending cinematic of sorts...

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy

I tried to raid fire, but it was WAAAAY to crit dependent to be fun. At least with Arcane, I was contributing in a reliable sense AND having fun (despite the fact that raiding boiled down to 111111111111).
I raided fire before last patch, and after.

Love the changes.

My DPS is both up, and consistent.

I have just about full control over my damage output now. So much less random crap.

No complaints :)

Tamanon

Banned
I haven't leveled a toon since...Well, since my Mage (I started in BC). I feel like my Monk is leveling REALLY slow.

Any good "guides" on where I should be running around to level at?

Basically, go to the next zone at 34 or 39 and the like. And make sure to get your 50% XP buff whenever you can.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I raided fire before last patch, and after.

Love the changes.

My DPS is both up, and consistent.

I have just about full control over my damage output now. So much less random crap.

No complaints :)

That's really reassuring - the crit requirements to perform as a fire Mage were pretty insane early Cata. Glad they changed the class for the better, but I love tanking too much now to go back to my Mage anytime soon.

I won't lie though - I REALLY loved the look of my Mage before I quit. Starcaller Nìgnog

Tarazet

I just sold (pretty much) every 410 epic I had ,_, feels bad, man.

EDIT: GRATS Entropia, to 90 :D ♥ !

I had 400+ blues in every slot before I hit 86. I expected my old VP epics to at least last a level.

Oh, and my bear is eating entire zones for lunch. 45 yard range on FFF = win. Tag your mob, run forward a little, dash in, repeat, and just chain everything together. I've played only a few hours and made good consistent progress.

RPGCrazied

Geeze, fuck off Amazon. I got standard shipping, but its going to take 6 days to get it here? Didn't think Amazon was that slow with shipping.

Next time if I have to get it online, I'll get overnight shipping, but didn't want to pay the extra $15 to get it overnight this time. Lesson learned I guess.

Geeze, fuck off Amazon. I got standard shipping, but its going to take 6 days to get it here? Didn't think Amazon was that slow with shipping.

Next time if I have to get it online, I'll get overnight shipping, but didn't want to pay the extra $15 to get it overnight this time. Lesson learned I guess.

Are you Prime? I originally had two day shipping and they bumped it up to release day shipping. Could be when you pre-ordered versus how many they got for the first shipment as well. I probably pre-ordered mine in the same hour it went up on the site.

RPGCrazied

Are you Prime? I originally had two day shipping and they bumped it up to release day shipping. Could be when you pre-ordered versus how many they got for the first shipment as well. I probably pre-ordered mine in the same hour it went up on the site.

No I don't. And I seriously doubt its a quantity issue. Heck, you can still buy it right now on their site. The shipping I got said 3 - 5 days. I was hoping in 3 days. I didn't get the free shipping. I wonder how long that would've took if I did. 2 weeks? I had it on order since September 4th.

Yoshichan

Berordn

So why hasn't SW been rebuilt yet?

Anyone know?

It's a twofold issue, one is that the Alliance Intro to Twilight Highlands takes place there entirely while Horde heads off to Bilgewater Harbor, so that would need to be overhauled (or cut out entirely) which is extra work when the quest flow is still kind of serviceable.

The other reason is that it's a lot of time and work for very little payoff, since there's new cities in Pandaria that people will be spending most of their time in. It's the same reason why Org is still under construction.

Does anyone know how to cage your battle pets and put them on the AH.

I know some pre-MOP companoins are non-tradeable (and their mouseover text clearly says so), but I caught a rare Hare on like my 3rd battle and would like to sell it.

Right clicking on it, there is no "put in cage" option, but there is nothing that would indicate it's non-tradable, and I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
That's really reassuring - the crit requirements to perform as a fire Mage were pretty insane early Cata. Glad they changed the class for the better, but I love tanking too much now to go back to my Mage anytime soon.

I won't lie though - I REALLY loved the look of my Mage before I quit. Starcaller Nìgnog

Yeah the biggest positive change was the Fire Blast (now Inferno Blast) & the Heating Up buff. One crit = Heating up, two crits = instant pyro. The fact that fireblast is 100% crit and on a short cooldown works great and lets you pretty much get instant pyro on demand.

All fire spells triggering ignite is great too.

Again, love it!!

McNei1y

So I caved in and bought this yesterday. I played for a few hours and am close to 86. The first two instances are pretty short and give a good amount of XP. Unfortunately, I don't see myself farming those instances since it gets boring after a few runs. I'm liking the environment of the Jade Forest though.

Still not sure about which spec to go, though. Affliction has always been my favorite warlock spec in every expansion. Destro was always my favorite for PVP since I enjoy nuking shit. I can't decide if I should stay Affliction or try Demo for leveling and just go Affliction when I get to 90.

Yoshichan

The cooking/harvesting dailies... so addicting o_o

Magnus

God damn, I played for 12 hours yesterday, from pretty much 4am (as soon as Orgrimmar was stable and accessible again) until 4pm, but then had to go to work. Work all day today too.

Maybe it's just because I was exhausted, or maybe because I was enjoying just wandering and getting lost, but I didn't get much done in those 12 hours, compared to most other players grinding away.

Got a Monk to level 6 (lol), and my main (a priest) 3/4 of the way through 86. I'll probably hit 87 tonight.

How do you guys do it? Motor through to 90 so quickly that is? I mean, even if I had all the time in the world, I'm not sure I could mentally do it. I can only do 4 or 5 dungeon runs in a row before I'm totally burned out on that, and about 10-12 quests before I'm burned out on that.

Basically, go to the next zone at 34 or 39 and the like. And make sure to get your 50% XP buff whenever you can.

50% XP buff? wtf is this?! I must know for alt leveling!

Or is that the Pandaren racial re: Rest XP?

Does anyone know how to cage your battle pets and put them on the AH.

I know some pre-MOP companoins are non-tradeable (and their mouseover text clearly says so), but I caught a rare Hare on like my 3rd battle and would like to sell it.

Right clicking on it, there is no "put in cage" option, but there is nothing that would indicate it's non-tradable, and I don't see why it wouldn't be.

You can't cage caught pets at this point. Blizzard nixed that after people just kept selling them and people were leveling less and just buying high level ones. The forum blew up about that when it happened.

TheYanger

There's a T3 hunter belt on my BMAH as we speak.
Also..I hate to break it to you but:
https://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?item=49284
Check the quantity (red line) and the market price slowly declining. There have been some dupes that the farmers have been using for close to a year, and I have NO idea how it's gone on this long.
Level 1 toons will sell you a swift spectral for sub 200k on mal'ganis.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
50% XP buff? wtf is this?! I must know for alt leveling!

Or is that the Pandaren racial re: Rest XP?
Monks have quests every 10 levels that give you a 50% XP buff for an hour or two. It becomes a daily after that, but if you save them up the durations can stack.

What I'm really liking about Pandaria so far is how well the stuff really flows together, but also each zone is different enough without getting super theme-parky. The fact that everything is practically China themed probably helps.

Angry Grimace

Let my little brother get on the account for a while and now I'm 1,000 gold poorer. D'oh. Wonder what he spent it on :lol

Probably training TBC era recipes on your alts professions =V

blackflag

Argggghh, I'm on the verge of breaking down and getting this. Someone save me.

Is it good? How are hunters, rogues, and mages since last patch? I haven't played in awhile but those are the level 85s I have.

notworksafe

Grabbed a scroll to check out pet battles and I had no guild! :( GM and all the officers were offline long enough that the reigns ended up in some random clown's hands and he removed everyone.

He even changed the name of it! If I played more I'd be legit upset but as is it is just kind of annoying.

At least pet battles are awesome!

Dumb question:

Pet battles expansion only? It's my draw back into the game and I'm weighing my options.

Not tied to the expansion! Also they are super fun!

Angry Grimace

Or worse, he bought white gear sold by vendors.

Gave it to your local trade chat troll begging on a Level 10 alt.

That's our next GAF contest. Everyone gets blackout drunk and then reports where their character was when they came to and how much gold they had.

Is it good? How are hunters, rogues, and mages since last patch? I haven't played in awhile but those are the level 85s I have.

When's the last time you played?

Rogues: The main changes are to your second poison selection and the availability of buttons that used to be exclusive to other talent trees like Shadowstep. Shiv got a reworking (no CP gen, long cooldown, applies more intense version of poison rather than normal potency) and kick got its CD lengthened. Nothing game-breaking, Rogue probably got the fewest changes of all the classes.

Shadow Blades is an amazing addition but I feel I'm running out of space for all these buttons I have to push now.

Ultratech

Finally hit 86 and found Savage! Luckily, I was able to follow the tracks better today and managed to Flare him out of hiding.

Here's a pic of my new kitty:
UXotf.jpg

(Yes, I'm aware my game looks like crap. Blame my crappy laptop for getting old.)

Also, it's weird with the xpac only out for two days and I've already seen people flying around on their mounts. Crazy.

But a friend of mine managed to get Realm First for Cooking, so that was neat.

Top Bottom