• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Let the end game begin :D I am so hyped!

Started putting seeds on my Farmvill, going for the dailies, preparing the pet-battles, planning what to buy of my JP/Honor, etc! LET'S DO IT

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Endgame makes me feel meh thinking about my Cat raid issues. I wish there was roll-over raid lockouts after killing a boss like 5 times with decreased loot drops. For example... dealing with trying to get decent people to login weekly was soul crushing a few months into raiding and the guild eventually has been on hiatus for a year. During our 1 month rough patch 5ish months in, it'd be nice if we could kill each boss like 4 times. No loot for 4 weeks, finally doing a clear with shit drops mostly for everyone, then no gurantee everyone will be logged on the next week? Meh. (Edit: a 4 weeks rollover limit would be good and some other stuff.)

Anyways, that's why I'm not playing. Guild of friends on hiatus or dead for a year. Weekly raid group troubles. If I joined a new guild there's no guarantee of raid spots. Working on all of the stuff you can do solo, which I do like, without raiding feels like a waste to me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And I'm already behind...

scoobs

I'm sorta taking it slow leveling my main to 90. No rush here, I like the idea of having more stuff to do and explore tomorrow.

Robin64

Vale of the Eternal Blossoms is a MUCH better top-level daily zone than Molten Front.

Yoshi, get yo' damn ass in there.

Yoshichan

Molten Front?! Who said anything about that shit? I was never there because I completely skipped 4.2 :p

No daily cap is WONDERFUL!

Fjordson

Vale of the Eternal Blossoms is a MUCH better top-level daily zone than Molten Front.

Yoshi, get yo' damn ass in there.
Molten Front really is sort of a drag, so this is great news.

I'm in love with my monk already man. Only level 10, but he's a blast to play.

Yoshichan

No tabards for rep anymore? I'm out of the loop, but I love it.

Yoshichan

returning my copy as we speak

Yoshichan

618 Windwool Banadages? Deal!

I'm joking.

edit: okay now that I'm relaxed, I can definitely feel how fucked my body and brain is... good night! What a crazy couple of days it's been

RPGCrazied

Ugh. How you guys liking it? Still don't have mine, damn Amazon. Next time I'll be preordering at the store, this is killing me. Though the pet battles is fun to mess with I guess while I wait.

There was already realm firsts for level 90 class's on my server yesterday, lol, wow.

neoemonk

Amazon ratings are low in addition to the metacritic ratings. Weird.

I'm sure the game is fine. I don't know what people were expecting. New race, new zones, new class. Seems legit for an expansion.

Robin64

The ratings are just being bombed by the Guild Wars 2 lot. They want to see it DESTROY!! WoW, and they think this will help.

You know what would absolutely kill any productivity from me? If they do release pet battles on the iPhone.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The ratings are just being bombed by the Guild Wars 2 lot. They want to see it DESTROY!! WoW, and they think this will help.

You know what would absolutely kill any productivity from me? If they do release pet battles on the iPhone.

I've said it a few times, they need a mobile gameplay companion. Some turned based PVP with some like 2D graphics and your gear earning a bit of honor would be cool. Pet battles would be cool. Etc. They could do a bunch of different things that affects your character on the go. Maybe a 2D dungeon with like 5 abilities.

Westlo

Pet battles are quite fun, went to muck around with them being logging last night and ended up doing about 5 of the trainer battles. Still trying to log onto Wow now... was 3000 in queue in Frostmourne about 3 hours ago, now 517th in queue... qq

I have a 68 priest on another account... problem is that she's also on Frostmourne...and I have items in the mailbox... hopefully later tonight I can log onto her and get her ready for transfer, so I can have something to play while waiting in queue.

They should worry about their own game first, bet if it was a sub game the drop off would be just as bad as TOR. Only difference is one has 23 servers and another made 200+ lol Bioware.

RPGCrazied

Love pet battles. Wish I had the armored murky. Would go swell with Deathy and Grunty I use. Alas I have to use Lil Deathwing as my last partner.

Question. Sometimes when I'm fighting against another teams set of pets, if one of them dies, they get shocked to life. How are they doing that?

Robin64

Question. Sometimes when I'm fighting against another teams set of pets, if one of them dies, they get shocked to life. How are they doing that?

That's the racial trait that mechanical pets have.

Sy83X.jpg

Fjordson

Amazon ratings are low in addition to the metacritic ratings. Weird.

I'm sure the game is fine. I don't know what people were expecting. New race, new zones, new class. Seems legit for an expansion.
Some of the bigger additions have seemingly rubbed some people the wrong way. I feel like there's this sacred view of WoW from "back in the day" and everything that doesn't fit into that is violating said view with certain players. "LOL KUNG FU PANDA AND POKEMON FUCKIN BLIZZARD!!". Never mind the fact that MoP actually seems like a great expansion. Obviously too early to know how the end game content will hold up going forward, but what's been added as of now is really interesting I think.

sazzy

Finally got to sit down and not play in a rush.

Almost at 86. It's such a joy exploring the zone, the little huts and villages, reading texts, looking around.

JCizzle

And you wonder why they pushed all the current iPhone app features from premium to free... Heh. I'm sure there is a good chance of that in the next few months for a small fee.

Rokam

About 1/4 of the way through 89. I have to say Kun-Lai Summit was a fantastic zone. Nice mix of quests and was just beautiful. Especially once you start doing quests in the mountains. Looking forward to hitting 90 and starting the daily grind,
I like dailies

So...why the downgrade?
Oh god, are you transferring to your gf's guild?
Logistically, transferring alliance was the only way I could play with the lady on the way to 90. Her guild is likely not a final destination, though. Right now it just gives the guild perks, but some other group will get to watch me tank things with my face. A side effect to going Alliance is that all of my friends that still play WoW jumped to Alliance with Cata and all of my coworkers are Alliance.

I am still not sure if I am going to stick with WoW for the long haul. Questing for the level cap is always a blast and a part of the excitement with Mists. However, the cyclical rat race, raiding over life schedule, and, well, Halo 4 are all huge bulletpoints in my "WoW Cons" list. My subscription ends in 8 days, so I'll reevaluate how I feel then.

TheContact

Started to level a monk to 90 so I'd have 11 90s on the same server by the time I'm done with him but I'm doing it legit and not using any kind of RAF. Haven't had much time to play so I only just got out of the starting area. Won't have much more time this week either. = bad time for mop to come out for me

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Pet battles are quite fun, went to muck around with them being logging last night and ended up doing about 5 of the trainer battles.

I'm really enjoying the pet battles, lol. I spent about three hours with MoP last night. Leveled my panda monk up to 10 before I quit in frustration due to the panda zone dropping every 5 minutes. Logged onto my druid with the intent of leveling him a bit, but instead got sidetracked doing pet battles for two hours. Didn't see that coming. In fact I really couldn't have cared less about the pet battle system, until I actually tried it, lol. It's quite fun. I haven't even stepped one foot into the new 85 zones yet, I'm too busy tracking and battling with critters in Goldshire and Westfall!!!

Entropia

No One Remembers
And boom, lvl 90 :3 Holy 56 hour marathon (exactly 25 hours and 18 minutes from 85-90 though). It was fun! Not heading to sleep quite yet though, gotta check some stuff.

Graaaaaaaaaaats man!!!!!!!!!

I tapped out last night at like 1:30, I couldn't stay up anymore ;;

Willectro

Banned
I'm really enjoying the pet battles, lol. I spent about three hours with MoP last night. Leveled my panda monk up to 10 before I quit in frustration due to the panda zone dropping every 5 minutes. Logged onto my druid with the intent of leveling him a bit, but instead got sidetracked doing pet battles for two hours. Didn't see that coming. In fact I really couldn't have cared less about the pet battle system, until I actually tried it, lol. It's quite fun. I haven't even stepped one foot into the new 85 zones yet, I'm too busy tracking and battling with critters in Goldshire and Westfall!!!

Seems like a lot of people are trying out the pet battles. I was in STV last night (to battle one of the NPC pet trainers) and it was busy and a little bit competitive to find pets to grind xp. I got my Mini Thor to level 12 and it seems to have been a pretty good choice as the battle rez is quite helpful.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I like them, but I feel like some pets are vastly superior to others. I also have the sick urge to buy the pets on the Blizzard store. Not good.

Not good at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've got an inactive account, but my info should still be accessible to third party sites, right? I'm trying to link my account on GamrRank to track my achievements and it's saying I'm not found. :| Anyone else use GamrRank and link their WoW acct?

JCizzle

Blizzard has really outdone themselves with the zone and art design in this expansion thus far. I didn't think it would be possible to shit all over Nagrand, but so far I think Jade Forest is accomplishing just that.

Ultratech

The amount of rare spawns in the world is insane. Just got a Crate of Puppies from one of em, trinket that summons a bunch of pugs to fight.

This leads me to a funny story. So I found two rares last night while I was questing. Both times, there were people just standing there in front of them, doing nothing. I guess they were looking up what they did, since unlike the normal mobs, these guys were packing at least 1 mil HP.

Anywho, they weren't too hard and dropped some Blues, and one dropped a Purple mace. Sadly, all that stuff was Soulbound, nor could I use it, so it was just extra money.

Also, I NEED MORE BAG SPACE. Guess I could sell all my PvP crap...given how it'll be replaced at 90 anyways.

And Dungeon Queues were being pretty crappy. 30 minute wait time?! (Hell, some of that stuff is a good upgrade.)

FLEABttn

Banned
I found the queues for instances last night to be somewhat odd. I wanted in queue (with 2 other DPS) for 35 minutes for the Jade Temple place (which I expected, no big deal). I manually queued for the Brewery after that group ended (still with my 2 other DPS friends) and the instance popped in 3 minutes.

I was told by friends last night after I logged that someone was running around 10 boxing and preventing people from turning in quests in the second zone. I laughed and was glad that I wasn't on for that.

sazzy

Blizzard has really outdone themselves with the zone and art design in this expansion thus far. I didn't think it would be possible to shit all over Nagrand, but so far I think Jade Forest is accomplishing just that.

I'm still in Jade and its amazing.

Can't wait to see other zones.

Bizazedo

So far so good. Except for some bugs (two bosses in instances bugged out, had to requeue), it's been a solid expansion so far. I don't think it's thaaaaaaaat much better than Cataclysm, but it's definitely easier to focus on one continent than the entire world when making content.

And the new zones are packed to the gills with content.

I do like the "new" intro to Pandaria, Horde side, versus the crash that was in beta.

I am envious as hell that I missed the free AV XP from early yesterday :(. 600k tot 1 million xp for a 6 minute Alterac Valley?

It's still the best XP for your time.....too bad I found out after I shut down last night.

There's definitely things I don't like; for example, the fact that mob density is really high in certain areas such that if you find a rare, you're probably not able to kill it even if its a non-elite of same level.

See, I'm the opposite. I've thought the reduction in mob density over time has been an incredibly bad thing. I loved the new density. It's also better for leveling.

Nicoga3000 said:
I like them, but I feel like some pets are vastly superior to others. I also have the sick urge to buy the pets on the Blizzard store. Not good.

Not good at all.

Same. Pet battles are going to destroy me.

TheYanger

Dread Wastes is so god damn good looking!!!!

Heart of Fear especially, when you do the flyby. Also...I didn't look if it showed in the whole zone or just in that area but: Dat skybox.

So far so good. Except for some bugs (two bosses in instances bugged out, had to requeue), it's been a solid expansion so far. I don't think it's thaaaaaaaat much better than Cataclysm, but it's definitely easier to focus on one continent than the entire world when making content.

I won't speak to quality - this is the first time I've basically skipped all of the content itself (I know, I know... but it will make alts WAY more fun when I can actually pay attention) but I did dislike the buggy boss fights in the instances. The sun boss in the library of Jade Serpent must have had a 30% failure rate for everyone I know, my group and the other 2 dungeon groups I knew grinding to 87. That was a LOT of wasted time since the xp of doing half the fucking zone and stopping is vastly worse without the completion bonus (PLUS it means you can't random queue to end it, have to specific queue stormstout THEN do random again once you finish SSB). I don't expect a perfect game and I know shit happens, but that boss has been known to break since...always. It happened FAR too much. Statistics say I did the zones 11 times and 16 times, when in reality they were done equally since a random queue alternates them for you. That means Jade Serpent broke ~5 times in 16 runs. Absurd.

Top Bottom