• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
And we're back to waiting 35-40 mins as a DPS for dungeons. :( Hopefully it wont take too long before the 10-12 mins wait times.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How do I expand my farm? I want to grow lots of other stuff... is it possible?

blackflag

When's the last time you played?

Rogues: The main changes are to your second poison selection and the availability of buttons that used to be exclusive to other talent trees like Shadowstep. Shiv got a reworking (no CP gen, long cooldown, applies more intense version of poison rather than normal potency) and kick got its CD lengthened. Nothing game-breaking, Rogue probably got the fewest changes of all the classes.

Shadow Blades is an amazing addition but I feel I'm running out of space for all these buttons I have to push now.

It's been a few months. I did all of the Deathwing raid but I definitely haven't played since the patch. I do prefer my rogue over all others though. Maybe I should just go download it. Worst I do is waste 40 bucks. I don't have much time to play but I do have the itch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And is there a list of all MoP dailies (that unlock at 90) anywhere? I'm going crazy flying everywhere to find them... I've done like 35 dailies today, but I heard there are like 100.

esai

So what server is gaf on? I'm borrowing my gfs computer to play and will be leveling my priest on saturday. I've played nothing but Alliance on kil'jaeden

So what's the first day opinion of this expansion. I haven't played since the first couple months of cataclysm, but I'm feeling the itch again. Would it be worth it?

Yoshichan

Excellent, thanks!

Yoshichan

Welcome to hell!

Fjordson

So what's the first day opinion of this expansion. I haven't played since the first couple months of cataclysm, but I'm feeling the itch again. Would it be worth it?
10 times the expansion that Cata was I think. In regards to the content that is there at least. Can't speak to how the raid content will be going forward.

Oh, and I figured out the gold mystery with my little brother on my account. He used it for an agility enchant for his new monk alt, haha. Some damn expensive enchants...but it's cool.

Yoshichan

For me, Cata 4.1 was prime WoW for me so nothing could beat it (the rest of Cata was shit though) - but so far, the amount of content in MoP is insane. Can't wait to try out the raids.

PatzCU

Does the Ret rotation still kind of suck? I disliked the Paladin changes in Cata with having to manage holy power and that haste buff.

I'm trying to decide which character to main for this expansion. I've played Paladin since launch, but have my eye on a druid since Balance is a great DPS offspec.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
nice,where do i try the pet battles then? where do i go? Also its only a piece of the map i get to try right?

You can get to level to 20. I think the Panda starting zone is 1-10? It wouldn't be more than 20 levels worth of content.

There was a pet trainer in Org, not sure where else. You learn it like you do a profession skill then your minimap shows wild animals you can battle.

Ultratech

Finally made it to the Valley of the Four Winds. A little refreshing after the Jade Forest and its...forests.

Just hit Pandaria today and got like 3/4 of a level. Still can't do the dungeons due to low level equipment. So mad.

Can't do the dungeons? I don't remember the ilvl requirements on them being that high. I think it's 358 for the first two dungeons?

Given the quest gear's at 372+, you should be able to queue for them.

Loxley

Does the Ret rotation still kind of suck? I disliked the Paladin changes in Cata with having to manage holy power and that haste buff.

I'm trying to decide which character to main for this expansion. I've played Paladin since launch, but have my eye on a druid since Balance is a great DPS offspec.

Based on my experience, it's not so much a rotation now as it is a "Use whatever is available + spam Inquisition.

This is from the official Paladin forums 5.1 Ret Raiding guide:

Pro-tip: Retribution's "rotation" is actually a loose priority system. Hitting your buttons in imperfect order certainly won't put your numbers in the dirt, but you may not be topping any meters either.

Single Target:
Inq (> DP TV) > 5 HP TV > HoW > Exo > CS > Judge > 3-4 HP TV

Read this! This is NOT a rotation. It is a list of priorities. Something a lot of people get confused about is "how do I cast Inq without first generating HoPo?" The answer is that you don't.

More about Inq: Inquisition is one of the most important abilities to our damage output. It is imperative that it be up as close to 100% of the time as possible.

I recommend casting your initial Inquisition with 3 Holy Power. In a perfect world, you'll always refresh Inq at 3 HoPo or with a DP proc. However, it's better to refresh at 1 or 2 HoPo than to let it fall off.

Inquisition acts as a DoT for the purposes of clipping. If you refresh it within its last 3 seconds, the remaining time will be added to the duration of your refreshed buff. If you refresh at 2 seconds with 3 HoPo, your new Inq will last for 32 seconds. It is ideal to refresh Inq at <3 seconds remaining.

ampere

The MoP dailies are actually fun so far o_O, odd.

I got this gem today when I killed a rare in Valley today http://www.wowhead.com/item=86569#comments

It's basically a permanent flask, not consumed when used. Unbelievably useful.

Since I'm going to be tanking, 500 stam, 500 agi, 500 str (attack power) isn't bad at all for most purposes. I might be better off with a straight stam flask or armor elixir though.

Trickster

The MoP dailies are actually fun so far o_O, odd.

I got this gem today when I killed a rare in Valley today http://www.wowhead.com/item=86569#comments

It's basically a permanent flask, not consumed when used. Unbelievably useful.

Since I'm going to be tanking, 500 stam, 500 agi, 500 str (attack power) isn't bad at all for most purposes. I might be better off with a straight stam flask or armor elixir though.

Damn that thing is pretty sweet

Yoshichan

Mother of God... pet battle is FUN. WTF.

edit: are some of the pet battle achievements bugged? Anyone know?

Yoshichan

Which ones are you having problems with?
It didn't take progress of my winning streak (win 10 in a row) but I still got the achievement when I won 10... weird.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The final missing Watcher in the Vault of Archavon revealed!

eWmcZ.jpg

Yoshichan

Heroics are awfully terrible so far ,_, oh well, I shouldn't have expected 4.1 heroics.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Heroics are awfully terrible so far ,_, oh well, I shouldn't have expected 4.1 heroics.

You understand this doesn't mean anything unless you explain what you're talking about...terrible for what? There's not very many players at 90 right now.

Yoshichan

You understand this doesn't mean anything unless you explain what you're talking about.
Oh, I thought everyone already knew. It's the difficulty man, I'm literally sleeping while healing and everyone is fine - be it trash, or bosses :/

Kenai

My Monk should be in BC right now but he is like 45 because I've been doing tons of pet battles in between herb farming and dungeon queuing. They are so fun though! Pet Battling has the potential to top Triple Triad as my favorite side-game I never knew I needed in my life.

Top Bottom