• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

TheYanger

Quest flow really feel good this time, everything goes together really well atm. Almost 88.

Definitely. Even without paying attention to the quests, it was obvious how the structure worked fantastically - 5-10 questlines in a zone that are linear within themselves, but the overall flow was totally nonlinear and they all fed around into each other, so you'd do the first hub in a zone and get 5 quests in different areas that each becomes its own hub and questline. Instead of just random quests everywhere OR a total linear chore, it's like a cascade of quests sort of. Start zone, then it explodes out into half a dozen questlines, then it reconverges.

LowParry

So anyone had a chance to try any of the challenge modes yet? This is what has me really curious to coming back to. TSW had some real good challenges with their instances. The rewards are said to be raid quality? I haven't really been following the game since Firelands. My curiosity has me looking back into WoW. I thought I'd be done with the game but it's strange that this is my first WoW expansion I didn't start Day 1 on.

Robin64

Despite some people rushing to 90, I can't see many people in here yet having the gear to do Challenge Modes. Probably going to need to do a lot of dailies.

hyduK

Banned
Any comprehensive guide for gearing? ie. what reps to get up first, craftables, etc.

I'm assuming for PvP it's all BGs besides maybe weapons.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there a way to avoid the 2 waves of alcohol from the last boss of that brewery dungeon? I tried jumping, but it doesn't seem to work since they're both pretty large. There's no path to stay clear of the damage and stun.

Bizazedo

Yeah, but each zone has a vendor that basically sells all the loot for the other specs you never got to pick from.

Why is that better than the old way? :(. And I am speaking of quest rewards primarily.

Is there a way to avoid the 2 waves of alcohol from the last boss of that brewery dungeon? I tried jumping, but it doesn't seem to work since they're both pretty large. There's no path to stay clear of the damage and stun.

Jump. If you can't jump them, you're positioned badly.

There also might be an exploit / trick to it admittedly, but they are jumpable.

For the record I hate crap like that in a game where the lag can spike / isn't the best.

Definitely. Even without paying attention to the quests, it was obvious how the structure worked fantastically - 5-10 questlines in a zone that are linear within themselves, but the overall flow was totally nonlinear and they all fed around into each other, so you'd do the first hub in a zone and get 5 quests in different areas that each becomes its own hub and questline. Instead of just random quests everywhere OR a total linear chore, it's like a cascade of quests sort of. Start zone, then it explodes out into half a dozen questlines, then it reconverges.

Yeah, I was paying attention at first, but sorta started to zone out on the quest text after awhile. The flow is good though. Think I'm gonna mostly ignore it for the rest of this first 90 so I can get cracking on endgame stuff early, and then pay more attention later on alts when I'm not in as much a rush.

And yes, the music is definitely pretty great.

Gonna try and put in a good 8-10+ hours today. That should at least get me to 88. I should be 90 by tomorrow or the next day at the latest.

Oh, and as for pet battles - I only did one, but with a Pandaria mob. Wiped the floor with me because I didn't realize that they're much higher level than what you start out with. And the best overall starting stats on all the pets I had was the Nether Ray Fry from Sha'Tari Skyguard. Something like 12/12.

Robin64

It's not better than the old way, but I don't think it's worse either.

Actually, the old way..

My ret pala had finished every zone in Cataclysm and then my friends wanted me to try tanking normal dungeons. But I had to run a load of stuff as DPS just to earn tokens to get a starter tanking set.

With this new way, I still get my dps items from quests, but then can buy the tank items I never got if I want them.

Bizazedo

It's not better than the old way, but I don't think it's worse either.

Actually, the old way..

My ret pala had finished every zone in Cataclysm and then my friends wanted me to try tanking normal dungeons. But I had to run a load of stuff as DPS just to earn tokens to get a starter tanking set.

With this new way, I still get my dps items from quests, but then can buy the tank items I never got if I want them.

But, you didn't have to. Quested / craftables were more than good enough to do Cata normal dungeons, especially in what I imagine was a stacked group.

crpav

I am burnt out on doing quests and don't want to queue up over and over for the the first 2 starter dungeons....but I will I suppose so I can level up and see the next few. I hit 86 last night and I am liking the expansion so far. Beautiful world and so much to do. I guess with limited time(wife, 2 month old son, work, etc.) I just can't get absorbed into games like I used to.

On another note, my npcscan alerted me to 2 rares so far. last night I could not find it and someone else got it. This morning I found it, tagged it, started attacking it.....and server restart.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning (lol)! It's weird, I've clearly not gotten enough sleep but my body woke me up anyway! Eh, screw it! Time to continue :3 I feel kinda bad for going to bed earlier than expected yesterday!

edit: Haha, everything in AH sold. I put so much crap (that I got from 85-90) overly priced...

Robin64

Good morning Yoshiiiiiiii! What's the MoP plan for today?

PS. Yak (just normal) is the best mount.

Z5rZ9.jpg

Trickster

Urgh, leveling a new character after cataclysm is such a contrasting experience due to vanilla zones having been revamped. Outland is so bad :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning Yoshiiiiiiii!

What's the MoP plan for today?
Good morning! Okay so the plan "yesterday" was actually to get to 90 and get 440 ilvl so that I could start a fresh day immediately doing heroics - but it didn't really go as planned, so it's abit changed now.

Yesterday > 85-90

Today > Get to ilvl 440 (by doing regular runs)
> Start farming ridiculous amounts of heroic runs
> Learn about every faction and their rewards
> Do every daily possible (there should be over 70 of them!)

I should get a lot accomplished today!
PS. Yak (just normal) is the best mount.
Where did you buy the regular one :3? (60% speed-version)

ampere

The leveling experience was an absolute blast, and I think my only big gripe was the entry into Dread Wastes. Maybe it's because I was mentally exhausted, but I got really confused trying to get to the first quest and ended up flying to the Shado Pan area on the wall and running south.

I hadn't done Townlong or Dread Wastes on beta, and goddamn did the mobs start to hit hard and have a lot of hp in those zones.

This list isn't fully updated since more people have hit 90, but my server's alliance makes me sad, I'm trapped in a sea of red http://www.wowprogress.com/char_level/us/eredar

There was one point where we checked and saw 20 level 89 horde, and only 4 level 88 alliance (no 89s yet). Boo.

Yoshichan

Grummle Bazaar in Kun-Lai Summit. Sells grey and blonde yaks for 2700g ea.
Oh, those ones :D Yep, they're really cool :3

V_Arnold

Yoshi, do not destroy yourself. At least drink tons of water and move around a bit every TWO hours. Really.

Also, my tank DK with heroic blues has HORRIBLE dps, but I pull 10-15 mobs in MoP and survive. Fun!

Yoshichan

I just sold (pretty much) every 410 epic I had ,_, feels bad, man.

EDIT: GRATS Entropia, to 90 :D ♥ !

Kletian

Why is that better than the old way? :(. And I am speaking of quest rewards primarily.

Because some of us single spec people (like me and my Rogue) got sick of doing long questlines, where the reward at the end was CHOOSE BETWEEN THIS AWESOME BLUE STAFF OR SHIELD YOU STUPID FUCK.

I actually like this change, I actually get gear from quests for once.

Yoshichan

So here's how my druid ended up looking after being done with leveling :3. Not as much of a clown as TBC, but just as brown as you usually are when you're done with Wrath :p

fR7a8.png

sazzy

Is there anything gonna be left over for us poor sods who are slow to level?

Keep thinking I'm done with Jade Forest but new quests keep popping up!

Bizazedo

Because some of us single spec people (like me and my Rogue) got sick of doing long questlines, where the reward at the end was CHOOSE BETWEEN THIS AWESOME BLUE STAFF OR SHIELD YOU STUPID FUCK.

I actually like this change, I actually get gear from quests for once.

So why not make it next so the item has to be a higher ilvl than the piece of gear you have equipped? I ran a lot of instances yesterday, so now the lower quests will have inferior gear and make it so I'm ALSO not getting gear from quests, what's the point?

And yes, to cut it off, I think the game is pretty dumbed down, but I'm not one who thinks it's gone too far. Yet. I'm more annoyed at the lack of choices to be honest, but since it's no drop anyways it's still fine.

Alchemy

Its ok, let all the crazies hit 90 first so we can bum easier instance runs off them after they've partially geared.

My CE arrives today! I spent last night collecting pets from the starter zones and now I'm expanding my search further. Going zone by zone looking for new pets and grinding. Gotta collect 'em all!

Tamanon

Banned
Monk at 40 before work. Still trucking away, hard to believe this is just the second day. Tonight I get to try Mistweaving finally.

Yoshichan

The new JP/VP vendor sucks ,_, why did they have to put them so far away from Org, and why does he only have like 6 items for me (that I can't buy) T_T

PatzCU

Questions from the uninformed:

Like clockwork, I'm thinking of re-subbing for MoP (haven't played for almost a year now). Are achievements now account-bound? I have put a shitload of time into my Paladin over the years, but the thought of coming back to play Pally again is very unappealing. HOWEVER, I have enough achievements on my Paladin that I don't want to give them up to start another character.

I'm thinking Priest this time around as I've never actually played one.

Evlar

Banned
Questions from the uninformed:

Like clockwork, I'm thinking of re-subbing for MoP (haven't played for almost a year now). Are achievements now account-bound? I have put a shitload of time into my Paladin over the years, but the thought of coming back to play Pally again is very unappealing. HOWEVER, I have enough achievements on my Paladin that I don't want to give them up to start another character.

I'm thinking Priest this time around as I've never actually played one.
Yes, most achievements are account wide now, along with pets and mounts.

Robin64

The new JP/VP vendor sucks ,_, why did they have to put them so far away from Org, and why does he only have like 6 items for me (that I can't buy) T_T

You're meant to get rep with each of the factions as they all have JP and VP gear to buy. It's split up and spread out to get people "into the world" more.

Yoshichan

You're meant to get rep with each of the factions as they all have JP and VP gear to buy. It's split up and spread out to get people "into the world" more.
I just noticed :3

Yoshichan

You really start appreciating flying mounts... questing is insanely fast with this.

So who's owning it up (class wise) right now in PvP? I waited a few days to get into the MoP frenzy to try and figure out which of my 85's is going to get dusted off.

For Cataclysm (as you can see) I went alt fn' crazy. It led to mostly mediocre gear, mediocre experiences, and tons of pointless boring grinding. I want to focus on one single character for awhile (at least a few months into MoP) before even THINKING about leveling an alt. It's nice knowing my chieves are going to actually carry over to my massive alt stash, so I want to hunker down and work on one single leveling/gear/grinding/playing experience. Soooooo help me pick!

My roster;

Warlock 85
Priest 85
DK 85
Warrior 85
Rogue 85
Paladin 85

Druid 83
Hunter 82
Shaman 82
Mage 75

As you can see, nothing is really out of the question (not interested in Monk just yet however). I have fun playing them all, so "play whats most fun" is kind of moot. I know the ebb and flow of buffs/nerfs can change at a moments notice, but whats the FoTM right now and why?

Berordn

Where are the Auction Houses and Banks in Pandaria?

I've been having to port to SW to do my economy stuff.

No AH unless you're an engineer, just like Dalaran. There are banks in Shrine of the Seven Stars/Two Moons once you make it to Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Chris R

Monk is really fun in the 80s, at least the damage spec is. Plenty of stuff to keep you busy, but never button mashingly so. You really do kinda get into a zone, thinking it will be my first 90 as I hate my mage now (and this is more fun than my shaman...)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Monk is really fun in the 80s, at least the damage spec is. Plenty of stuff to keep you busy, but never button mashingly so. You really do kinda get into a zone, thinking it will be my first 90 as I hate my mage now (and this is more fun than my shaman...)

I'm wondering how Brewmaster is going to do. I'm 13 now, so as soon as I hit 15, I'm going to dive into Ragefire to see how it works. There is a LOT more management going on in this class than there was with my fire Mage (with all the PoM-Pyro LB DOT nonsense).

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I just started up the new areas last night but I ran into the same bug 3x.

I would enter the area where you collect the barrels and the NPC that helped me on that quest would come back every time (even through the quest is finished).

Three times in a row, instead of coming back as 1, he came back as 100's of them. I would have a solid ring of NPCs flowing around me and when I moved there were so many of them they almost looked liquid. Caused me a bit of lag but was very cool looking.

I basically had an NPC shield around me.

Anything I attacked ro that attacked me was insta-killed and I still got loot and XP.

I walked into a heavily populated area and never got hit and everything around me was dead.

When i left the zone they would leave, and when i came back it was usually 1 NPC.

I really wanted to go into a Horde town, but I did not know where it was ;P

Plus someone told me that it was a bannable exploit if you abuse it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

I used to think this way, but then one day I realized that playing WoW isn't really a race, nor does it have to be in order to have fun. Almost everything you can get by continuous grinding for a few days with no sleep will still be there even if you take months by playing a few nights a week casually. WoW has become so much more fun for me since that realization.

That said, I should have taken vacation this week in order to play WoW non stop...

ZenaxPure

Urgh, leveling a new character after cataclysm is such a contrasting experience due to vanilla zones having been revamped. Outland is so bad :(

At least the XP nerf makes it bearable. I decided to level a DK during the free 7 days, fresh from the starting zone. Took me about 30 hours to hit 85. After the DK starting zone I did blasted lands to 61, then for outland all I had to do was Hellfire in it's entirety, the cenarion quest hub in Zang, the quest hub that leads you to nagrand (ally side, not sure if horde have something similar), then, I did about half the quests in nagrand.

Only took a few hours but just those things got me up to 68, it was lovely.

Though, my favorite part is how I went from 68 to 74 in borean tundra alone lol.

Top Bottom