• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Woorloog

Banned
I don't like gearing up for gear check encounters. I don't like getting myself set for a fight that requires you to execute some basic mechanics while rushing the DPS. But fights like Halion [H], Putricide [H], etc are my favorites. Raiding is fun when success is more about avoiding tunnel vision than it is mashing buttons.

I just can't stand doing the instance again (with the same character anyway), period. I can do them a few times, at most. Far less than it takes to gear up to anywhere.
This might be different if i had more IRL friends playing WoW or just a good guild. Good guilds are rare. At least for a casual player.

Is there any free 7 day play time thingos going around for the lauch of pandaria? Want to check it out before investing in any game time.
If you are eligible, I can send you a Scroll of Resurrection, which would do that. It'll give you 7 days of free game time. It will not give you Mists, but you could get your feet wet with all of the changes.

Did anyone else find profession leveling super easy? I got to 600 inscription with like no effort. I had a trio of gylph recipes that were +3skill oranges from like 550 to 590.

Yeah it's super nerfed. Like, the easiest stretch of profession leveling EVER.

Even taking into account inflated prices, it must've cost me less than 1000 gold to raise alchemy from 525 to 600. At least for the non-transmute part (which was 90% of it.) Enchanting I'm still missing some points from cap, but it wasn't difficult at all either. The multi-point skillups are extremely generous.

If you are eligible, I can send you a Scroll of Resurrection, which would do that. It'll give you 7 days of free game time. It will not give you Mists, but you could get your feet wet with all of the changes.

How long do you have to use a scroll? I know it gives 7 days of game time, but how long do you have to activate it before it disappears. I would like a scroll if I'm eligible, but probably wont be able to use it for about a week.

PatzCU

Also - with the scroll can you make a character and THEN boost that character to 80 or does the character being boosted to 80 have to already exist?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hit 90, flew back to Vale of Eternal Blossoms and hit the rare that dropped the Elixir of Ancient Knowledge (binds to account potion for 300% experience for 1 hour).

I have no clue how to best use that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There we goooooooo!

edit: lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm having chinese for lunch, but it's from a regular local joint and not Panda Express so I don't have a lame pandaren/kung fu panda joke prepared.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm Elemental. It seems shit until I pop Ascendance... then I ramp up and do monster damage and then it levels off badly.

The only thing I seem to be good at is Chain Lightning spam on trash/aoe :<

I've always hated 80% DPS classes that just pop up to competitive based on CDs. That was Ret Pally for all of Cata.

Chris R

Swapped my mage spec from fire to frost and I'm liking it a bunch more. Still not 86 but I'm close. At least I have the drive to actually get it to 90 now and attempt to gear it somewhat vs just letting it sit at 85 forever.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Down for 15 minutes my ass.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That other Blizzard game.

Yeah, I snagged it from the slew of Diablo 3-related avatars that got posted in one of the big pre-launch threads during the height of GAF euphoria. How young and foolish we were.

Fun fact: For a while I thought it was a slightly weird looking goatman, but then I eventually realized it's actually one of the big overlord Fallen.

Yoshichan

I can't connect still... anyone else?

Negator

Ugh.

Wait 10 minutes to get connected to wow servers.

Start killing something and get disconnected by shitty university campus' internet.

Currently waiting to connect to wow servers :/

Tarazet

Did anyone else find profession leveling super easy? I got to 600 inscription with like no effort. I had a trio of gylph recipes that were +3skill oranges from like 550 to 590.

I've also been getting skill ups in Skinning from grey mobs. Guild mate told me she got Mining to cap using only starter zone nodes.

Angry Grimace

Also - with the scroll can you make a character and THEN boost that character to 80 or does the character being boosted to 80 have to already exist?

You can do it with any character you want and you can create a new character first, then boost it. It just flags your account for an available reward and you go into Battle.net and choose to boost it.

What is this? I can boost a newly made character to level 80?

Accepting a Scroll of Resurrection will give you an upgrade to Cataclysm, a week of game time and a free boost of any character to level 80, as well as a realm/faction transfer to the realm/faction of the person who used the Scroll on you.

Macattk15

You can do it with any character you want and you can create a new character first, then boost it. It just flags your account for an available reward and you go into Battle.net and choose to boost it.

Accepting a Scroll of Resurrection will give you an upgrade to Cataclysm, a week of game time and a free boost of any character to level 80, as well as a realm/faction transfer to the realm/faction of the person who used the Scroll on you.

Well hot damn.

If I have Cata already, will the other perks still work? I wouldn't mind being given a free level 80 Warlock or something I've never played.

I was going to look into picking up MoP this weekend, but a Scroll would be awesome if I can level to 80 straight away.

Yoshichan

COME ON BLIZZARD DONT DO THIS TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anoregon

It's all part of my plan! If I'm at work, nobody gets to play! muahaha /kefkalaugh

Well hot damn.

If I have Cata already, will the other perks still work? I wouldn't mind being given a free level 80 Warlock or something I've never played.

I was going to look into picking up MoP this weekend, but a Scroll would be awesome if I can level to 80 straight away.
Yep the other perks will still work for you.

Also when was the last time you played? You won't be able to accept a Scroll if you subscribed early March or later of this year.

Tarazet

So how fucking hard would it be to give the bear Druid a /roar that actually sounds like a bear? Or a cat a /roar that sounds like a panther? Such an obvious thing that would make me grin so wide.

Ultratech

Can the Ulduar meta achievements be um, achieved, in one run?

Same goes for ICC I guess. I want to get some of the mounts and shit that I never got around too the first time since I only played off and on (there's a Ulduar run on openraid that says it's doing "all the achievements")

The Ulduar metas can be all obtained in one run, and they're pretty easy for the most part.
There are a few annoying ones that either take a while, or you can easily screw up (like Disarmed...still missing that for my 10-man Ulduar meta), but it's not bad at all in a full group.

ICC on the other hand, takes two runs minimum and can be a little annoying to get done since some involve waiting a bit or seem a bit random. Most of them come pretty easily though with a full group.

Yeah it's super nerfed. Like, the easiest stretch of profession leveling EVER.

Even taking into account inflated prices, it must've cost me less than 1000 gold to raise alchemy from 525 to 600. At least for the non-transmute part (which was 90% of it.) Enchanting I'm still missing some points from cap, but it wasn't difficult at all either. The multi-point skillups are extremely generous.

Makes me wonder why they made it so easy. I haven't had much trouble leveling my stuff except Cooking since everything I have is pretty much Gray. I had to laugh at the Rice Pudding giving me 5 skill ups and then going Gray.

Cyrillus

Hey guys,

We're still investigating why this is happening but we have seen some successfully able to log in by just leaving the 'connecting' message up and waiting awhile.

I don't have any other information on what's causing this, but feel free try that workaround.
I love that "wait" is a workaround! :D

Makes me wonder why they made it so easy. I haven't had much trouble leveling my stuff except Cooking since everything I have is pretty much Gray. I had to laugh at the Rice Pudding giving me 5 skill ups and then going Gray.

I'd wager there was something in the numbers that compelled them. I come from a casual guild and there were only a small handful of us that had maxed out professions. I noticed that a couple of weeks ago when the topic came up in chat. Kinda blew my mind, especially cooking when they basically handed you the max level cooking during the Thanksgiving event.

Westlo

Professions are definitely easier to level up, but they are much more gated than before due to Spirits of Harmony. You won't see those Auction House masters with a market in everything like before, they can't have factory alts to pump out PVP gear for cloth/leather/mail/plate, which I guess just like Cata will remain a great selling item, especially if they update them throughout patches.

Just using Blacksmithing as an example... you would need 16 Spirits of Harmony to buy every item for the str + int PVP plate... I've only got 3 motes of harmony from one level of questing on my mage and 2 motes on my warrior that's 70% through 85...

Inscription Darkmoon cards are way different, before you could pump out as much as you wanted and was only restricted by the amount of herbs you had and what inferno ink came out of them. Now you have to use a Scroll of Wisdom to craft them, which you get 1 a day off... and with the stupid RNG off Darkmoon cards... L O L You can get more Scoll of Wisdoms through quests + spirits but it's extremely gated, especially when the BOA Epic Staffs need 20 of them as well. (+5 Spirits of Harmony).

Yoshichan

Thank God I've done all the brewfest achievements.

Yoshichan

It's actually unbelievable how good the pet battle music is.

Top Bottom