• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

To everyone who has come to Mal'Ganis: We may not be in a guild together, but I have set up the channel NeoGAF for all of us to join. Come and talk and coordinate together. It will be (not) fun.

Do we want a password on the channel or can any schmuck join?

Neat. I'll hop in it later tonight.

Haven't played yet today after being tired from my marathon yesterday and catching a bit of eyestrain, so I needed to sleep to rest my eyes. Could've had more done if I paced myself. Keep that in mind people! Take breaks, even if it's just to get up and stretch for a minute every hour or two.

Enosh

the fish people and the monkey people are at war for god knows how long right?
so why didn't they already trigger the whole Sha thing?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay so I have x3 Charm of Good Fortune... what now?

edit: I use the coins before raid bosses and get (exclusive) items that aren't part of the loot table? What the fuck is going on here?

the fish people and the monkey people are at war for god knows how long right?
so why didn't they already trigger the whole Sha thing?

they lacked the technology to really decimate each other. You spend a good amount of time in Jade Forest as alliance simply arming the fish people and teaching them how to become efficient killers.

ugh, I thought they fixed all the kinks with LFG item roll system.

Apparently druids can just gobble everything up, really enjoy the tank rolling need for a spellcasting dagger. Yes, his offspec may have been balance, but atleast I have the damn decency to ask the group if its alright to roll on it when I play a different role than what the item drop applies to. Nothing to stop this from happening at 90 either.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't get scenarios at all. You just need tanks and heals for them. There's nothing about them really that makes it so you don't.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yep, scenarios are horrible. I've done like five of them and it's actually disgusting how non-fun and terrible they are.

Rokam

I actually got a really good piece of gear out of a scenario, but I don't have the patience to keep doing them. Too many people just run off or afk.

brief impressions

-So far I don't think the intro quests are interesting at all, and the zones don't seem as interesting as Cata's so far. Quest wise it's pretty much the same stuff we've seen since vanilla, with vehicles thrown in here or there

-I did the first dungeon (the brewery one). It's pretty fun and laid back, but I was surprised at how easy it was. I really liked the early Cata dungeons because they seemed like a return to challenging content - cc was necessary, lots of roaming pats, bosses that could kill you if you didn't pay attention, etc. Of course, random groups made them ridiculously hard since you'd always get at least two dumbasses in your group, and after much crying/complaining Blizzard nerfed everything.

-Perhaps the best way to satisfy both the more casual players and the more experienced players would be for dungeons to scale in difficulty based on your gear. I'm decked in raid gear and don't really have to worry about dying, whereas there are plenty of people who just got to lv85 last week. A group of people like me could face a much harder dungeon and do good, whereas a more mixed group could get a middling level of difficulty. I know Guild Wars 2 does something like this, I'd love to see WoW tackle it

-Just found out a couple of my favorite players server transferred. Oh well, I rejoined my old guild and hopefully recruitment will go well. Unfortunately few people were in it during Cata so it's a lv18 guild right now, but we'll get there soon enough. I spent all of Cata with a rather large guild and didn't have a lot of fun, so a smaller more intimate one with folks I know is definitely what I want.

Ultratech

Finally hit 87. Also ran into the rare porcupine in Kun-Lai, only to find I was a level below it, so I couldn't tame it. :(

However, this randomly dropped:
qilgr.png

Yes, that's a blue mace that's got a stupidly high ilvl and a Lv80 can use it.

Trickster

-I did the first dungeon (the brewery one). It's pretty fun and laid back, but I was surprised at how easy it was. I really liked the early Cata dungeons because they seemed like a return to challenging content - cc was necessary, lots of roaming pats, bosses that could kill you if you didn't pay attention, etc. Of course, random groups made them ridiculously hard since you'd always get at least two dumbasses in your group, and after much crying/complaining Blizzard nerfed everything.

Dungeons in cata were not hard at all until you tried the heroic versions. So I'm not surprised that the non heroic dungeons are also easy in MoP.

-Perhaps the best way to satisfy both the more casual players and the more experienced players would be for dungeons to scale in difficulty based on your gear. I'm decked in raid gear and don't really have to worry about dying, whereas there are plenty of people who just got to lv85 last week. A group of people like me could face a much harder dungeon and do good, whereas a more mixed group could get a middling level of difficulty. I know Guild Wars 2 does something like this, I'd love to see WoW tackle it

Challenge mode dungeons sounds like pretty much what you're asking for.

Dungeons in cata were not hard at all until you tried the heroic versions. So I'm not surprised that the non heroic dungeons are also easy in MoP.

I found them challenging in the sense that you could actually wipe and couldn't sleep walk through it - at least not in que.

Challenge mode dungeons sounds like pretty much what you're asking for.

Those are actually my most anticipated part of MoP, but I wish all instances could scale like GW2. Even challenge modes will probably become rather easy once everyone gets raid gear; it would be awesome if they continued to scale based on your gear for the entirety of the expansion's cycle.

Berordn

Those are actually my most anticipated part of MoP, but I wish all instances could scale like GW2. Even challenge modes will probably become rather easy once everyone gets raid gear; it would be awesome if they continued to scale based on your gear for the entirety of the expansion's cycle.

They do just that, though. If your gear level is above 463, it's scaled down to be equal to that.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So much stuff, I swear I haven't spent more than like an hour in Org or the Shrine of Two Moons,

Yo. hold up. How long does it take for crops to grow?

Yoshichan

Yay, got my loremaster (do all quests in Pandaria) :3

Dresden

still vacillating between my enh shammy or priest or mage

wish they were on the same server so i'd have an excuse to level all of them as profession alts

Yoshichan

I hate how they're restriction us so fiercely with the rep-farming... to do x, you need to do y for z amount of days ._. I just want all my 100 dailies at once, stop dragging this shit out!

Example: I wanna do the dailies in Niuzao Temple. Nope, not possible until I get revered with Golden Lotus! How do I get revered with them? Do their dailies for like three weeks. It's frikkin' ridiculous.

Teletraan1

Banned
These CRZs really suck for old world content. Haven t done the new zones so I cant speak for that. I am on a high pop server Area 52, I wait an hour and a half to get in. Got bored running BRD for the 3rd time. Then I go questing and I have 12 people fighting over 12 mobs that they have to kill and only 12 of them spawn in total, the respawn rates dont seem that much higher so this all adds up to a horrible half baked idea as usual from blizzard that leads to frustration on the players end with little to no upside. Oh I forgot the world feels so alive seeing a bunch of dead mobs. I would probably be at least 80 on my monk now if none of this was the case.

Rokam

I hate how they're restriction us so fiercely with the rep-farming... to do x, you need to do y for z amount of days ._. I just want all my 100 dailies at once, stop dragging this shit out!

Example: I wanna do the dailies in Niuzao Temple. Nope, not possible until I get revered with Golden Lotus! How do I get revered with them? Do their dailies for like three weeks. It's frikkin' ridiculous.

Yeah this bugs me a bit too, should be a way to grind Lotus. All the gear on vendors will be useless by the time I unlock them.

Starting in on pet battling tonight. My red cricket and I will destroy all. He's about the same size as me.

Yoshichan

Speaking of pet battles... are there any guides out there that shows who's the best pet to have for battles and whatnot? Like, a good site for pet battles overall?

Yoshichan

Payed the forecast guy and he told me I should plant Witchberry seeds... x8 witchberry plants inc! :D I expect to have 500 of these by tomorrow!

Trickster

I found them challenging in the sense that you could actually wipe and couldn't sleep walk through it - at least not in que.

Tbh I don't play non heroic dungeons a lot. Mainly just go through them once while leveling, to do the quests I've gotten for them. But I just can't really recall feeling like they were difficult.

With that said. I have yet to try any MoP dungeons since I'm in the middle of leveling a monk ( 72 and counting! going through old zones at the start of a brand new expansion = straight up painful)

Magnus

Yay, got my loremaster (do all quests in Pandaria) :3

You've.....done ALL the quests in Pandaria? Like, literally every one in every zone?

Jesus Christ. I haven't even been able to bring myself to stay in a zone once I ding and finish that one up. I've literally only seen about a quarter or a third of each zone I've been in so far before it's been time to move onto the next, lol.

So many 90's already. I'm around 88.5 now.

Bigdrbingo

Neo Member
Getting really tempted to Re-sub and buy Mists, what seems to be the general opinion on the expansion so far? How is comparable to any of the other expansions in quality?

Yoshichan

Haha, yes Magnus... and it's not even enough! Been doing the (32?) dailies that I can get, but I really do feel that I haven't found every daily yet... frikkin' breadcrumbs.

Magnus

To everyone who has come to Mal'Ganis: We may not be in a guild together, but I have set up the channel NeoGAF for all of us to join. Come and talk and coordinate together. It will be (not) fun.

Do we want a password on the channel or can any schmuck join?

Oh shit; there's a neogaf presence on Mal'ganis? I'm Horde. Sign me up for this channel!

Leobentobox
88 Priest
Currently in the guild Midnight

Haha, yes Magnus... and it's not even enough! Been doing the (32?) dailies that I can get, but I really do feel that I haven't found every daily yet... frikkin' breadcrumbs.

How does it not bore you to tears to loot 12 bear asses and kill 50 yaks and find missing NPCs over and over and over again...I can only do so much before needing to go do something else, lol.

Magnus

Getting really tempted to Re-sub and buy Mists, what seems to be the general opinion on the expansion so far? How is comparable to any of the other expansions in quality?

Stellar art, music and overall build quality
Super stable/lag-free on most servers
Outside of a couple of shitty spots where quests were fucking up or one 5-man boss was bugging out for plenty of people, everything else is working great
Monks are apparently a buttload of fun
Revamped systems via 5.0 are all for-the-better and offer great quality of life improvements in the game
Really awesome to be exploring one big new continent again

Honestly, amazing shit. Cataclysm was a great diversion and change from the expansion formula, but this was what was needed now. Really beautiful expansion.

Loxley

My sentiments exactly, the draw for Cata for me was the revamped 1-60 content. The 80-85 stuff was okay, but not the best end-game Blizzard has ever created.

Thus far I'm greatly enjoying the 85-90 content, certainly more than I did the 80-85 stuff in Cata. Everything about Pandaria is just more enjoyable for some reason. I've also decided that I really like the Pandaren, in my mind Blizzard has successfully taken them from basically a joke to a really interesting fully-fledged race within the Warcraft lore.

Yoshichan

How does it not bore you to tears to loot 12 bear asses and kill 50 yaks and find missing NPCs over and over and over again...I can only do so much before needing to go do something else, lol.
I dunno, haha! It's actually fun!

Yeah scenarios are pretty meh. We did 4 of them and got no gear, only gold and one of them bugged.

Mobs in level 90 scenarios have too much HP, and there are far too many of them (especially Theramore). It's a huge chore for not a lot of benefit, I really hope they tone down the length since it isn't fun fighting mobs with 800k HP that just auto attack you for 3 minutes. About the only one that feels right is the new gurgthock arena.

Yoshichan

Exalted with Lorewalkers... listening to the old panda while he's talking for 20 minutes, while being extremely tired, wasn't a very good idea ,_,

Top Bottom